AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 9 years ago

Joined the club last weekend...this seems like its one of the best games ever made! Great shots, lightshow, sounds, rules, theme, etc., etc.

20150329_162045.jpg20150329_162045.jpg
#165 9 years ago

I put the bell hole cliffy in, what a pain in the ass, hardest cliffy I've ever installed. By comparison, took me 5 mins to put the TZ slot scoop cliffy in. My god, the left ramp basically has to come out along with disconnecting 7-8 connectors. I took the lower playfield out to clean it and that was a walk in the park compared to the bell hole. But it's in, looks great, and I'll never have to go there again!

2 years later
#841 6 years ago

Looking for a cannnon to mod, anyone with an extra? I can trade some mods and make it worth your while.

3 weeks later
#868 6 years ago

I'm back in the club, premium VE delivered today. Very good fit and finish, only minor adjustments needed. The window on the lower pf is so clear. Lots of mods planned for this one.

Trough light, pop bumper flasher, train flasher, backbox mod, undercab lights,, shaker, mirrors, external sub and more!

20171215_155453 (resized).jpg20171215_155453 (resized).jpg

#873 6 years ago

Anyone have a code file for the song changes for the VEL. I have one version I for a previous original premium I owned, but it doesn’t seem to work on the vault version. Getting error that install failed.

1 month later
#895 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Really wanna change songs via PB, but now realizing might have hard time with what song objectives are. Ultra large apron cards maybe lol?! Guess it helps I have NO idea how to use PB. Need to learn, my MET especially needs a refreshing.

I’ve got code for you if you want it and I made a new song list for the back panel I can send you if you want it. Dirty deeds, shoot to thrill and girls got rythym.

#897 6 years ago

A few people emailed me so I’m just going to post it here. The code has been posted in other places on pinside, it’s not mine. the song template file I made myself (another pinsiders made the template background, I filled in the text). I can’t confirm code works on original premium, but it works on my vault premium. Removing the plastic to get at the song list is simple, two screws with a nut in the back hold it on.

Song file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/khhfktl2ov4j565/AAAcg8jkoVdN9XAfoa5A6F3Pa?dl=0

Code
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-V-Hhg3GHQ4d76NlfIGl5hUmQbEKDy5d/view

Enjoy!

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

» YouTube video
Problem is that this video doesn’t do the led display any justice ☺️ Colors with led are more vivid as with lcd and contrast is better. LCD however gives the possibility of upscaling and some people find the brightness of led to much.

Thanks for showing that. To me the bottom lcd is so much better. Mine should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I own both LED and LCD displays.
Seriously, the video cannot accurately capture the true appearance. The LCD doesn't look nearly that bright, nor does my LED look anything like that video.
The recorded image completely misrepresents color, and creates an extreme pinpoint effect that is not accurate in person.
If you had both in person, the LED is so much better. You can only know if you had both side by side in person.
Only get LCD if you like smoothing.

But you have versatility with lcd. I can chooses dots or smoothing from hires or scan. With led, you are limited to dots only.

#913 6 years ago

I have led in my tftc, it’s great, but just not as good as the lcd I have in my other games.

#931 6 years ago

There’s 5v to the right of the coindoor, 3 pin connector, 12v there too. The middle wire is 5v, ground is on the round part of the connector.

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Where are all the AC/DC fans at? I expected this thread to be lit the eff UP. F**KING CODE!!! UNEXPECTED AWESOME AMAZING LYMAN SHEETS IS DA SHEETZ CODE!!! WAKE THE HECK UP PEOPLE. MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS FINE!

There’s a separate thread on it.

1 month later
#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Vault Edition: Distinctions From Original-Run Premiums? **
I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads, but do Vault owners know, specifically, what improvements over the original-run Premiums were made for the Vault Edition? At this point the only constructive change I know of was to make the lens/window that covers the Underworld lower PF removable, rather than fixed.
What other changes were made? Were the faces of recently-revealed-to-be-racist band members' faces deleted from the translite photo assemblage? While interesting, if that's true, I'm more interested in gameplay and PF changes.
Thanks.
J

Not much. Led tube in backbox.

1 month later
#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I'm having issues with my AC/DC luci vault where the left and right ramps will only work intermittently. Basically if I shoot it up the left ramp and it's not working the diverter will not activate (if applicable) and it will not register as a completed task (e.g. doesn't add to jam multiple, doesn't turn off note, does score, etc). On the right ramp, it has similar issues (does not diver to cannon when applicable). This happens intermittently, and sometimes it works as it's supposed to. I tested the switches and both the entrance and exit switches on both ramps seem to be working correctly. Anyone have issues like this? not really sure what else to check.

How did you test the switches?

#1088 6 years ago

Did you test the diverters? It likely has to be either the switches not registering properly or the diverters not working properly. Odd that both sides are having issues.

1 month later
#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

From the factory the window on the vault was sunken. Home users and decent operators used a washer to make the window level, which eliminates this. Sounds like that operator may suck.

Mine was perfect out of the box, haven’t had to make any adjustments to the window.

3 months later
#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Waiting for Oi Mania to be fixed, so still on the old code!

Same here. Hoping when they fix it, those who did the song changes will provide their update too.

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
I have an AC/DC Prem.....
I was wondering if any of you in this club also had a TWDLE? I am in a position to trade my AC/DC (+$) for TWDLE. I have never played TWD and wondered if any of you might have an honest, unbiased opinion as to whether or not I would be making a mistake.
Thanks for any input guys!
Kyle

I have both in premiums. They are very different, but both are really great.i had sold my acdc premium and missed it so I found another. If you have a small collection, I would give the edge to Twd as it’s a bit more complex.

3 weeks later
#1371 5 years ago

Sparky sent me a topper he's working on to test fit and take some pics. Liked it so much, I decided to buy it from him. It's a 2 piece powder coated metal topper that has a dimensional look to it.

Lighting is sold separate and can be purchased through mezelmods, at least the RGB fading mod. I added a couple flashers tied to the left and right ramp lightning bolts. Really like the look of it.

If you like it, check with @sparky.

IMG_20181028_092406 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092406 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092412 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092412 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1373 5 years ago

You are missing the connector that plugs into the white control box and runs to the games.power connection. What mod is that?

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

https://cointaker.com/products/acdc-stage-cover-band-lighting-mod
Is there another place in this game where I can take the power without using the plug under the plunger? I'm not familiar with SAM system. More a B/W guy
thanks

Doesnt answer your question, but the plug under the plunger is the best and easiest way.

1 month later
#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

My father-in-law bought a NIB Vault edition recently and he's *really* struggling with this thing, skill wise. He averages 5-8 million points and 3-4 cusswords per game. Generally his drains come from a left ramp rollback down the center, Bell rebound down the center, TNT rebound down the center, or right bumper popping to the left outlane.
What can we do to make it easier (more fun for him) to play without just extending ball save time and making it a 5 ball game?
I was able to decrease the size of the left outlane, but the right one is covered by the cannon and I was nervous about messing with all of that. I'm a novice myself. Any other suggestions?

Acdc is not an easy game. There is a lot of side to side movement, shots can be tight and unforgiving and the rule set is not very intuitive, at least initially. Most of my games average between 10-20 million, but every once in a while I get a good game in excess of 100 mil.

1 week later
#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image][quoted image]
DRAMATIC improvement!

Looks great, the stern fluorescent/led tubes are horrible for accenting artwork.

#1492 5 years ago

I thought he was showing the backbox as the second pic looked a lot warmer.

#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The LED's behind the lightning bolts on the left ramp keep flying out on me, and one broke in half.
Is this a common thing? I found the part numbers in the manual but thought to order my replacements from Comet based on advice in other threads. Is there a way to know exactly what bulb to order? The Stern part number didn't return results at Comet and none of the flashers look exactly the same.

It’s a 906 flasher. Once Wrap of electrical tape around the base of the bulb will hold it in tight, make sure you lift the metal leads on the bulb first.

2 months later
#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I have noticed that my AC/DC Premium has a tendency for the ball to get stuck behind the AC/DC targets on occasion, between the rubber and the target. It appears to happen more often when the A and C are down and the ball will lodge behind the lightning bolt target. It is rather annoying when you are in multiball and one ball gets stuck there. If it stays there long enough while I bump the machine in efforts to dislodge the ball without other balls in play, the game does a ball search, the AC/DC targets reset and I have to take the glass off to dislodge the ball. Has anyone else noticed this happening or have a recommended fix?

What's your pitch set at? Maybe make it steeper? 7-7.5

3 weeks later
#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone. I am getting a ball hang up right under the right controlled gate above the top lanes. It does not happen often, but will happen every so often. My tilt is tight, so no shaking it loose without tilting. Anyone have this issue and have a fix? My first thought is put a smaller rubber on that post it's resting on. the gate itself is not holding it there as when the game ball searches, the gate opens, and the ball doesn't move.
Thanks!

Can you show a pic where it's getting stuck, I don't see any rubber near the right controlled gate, except the one at 4 o'clock to the e in my pic.

15544705294128573428121927916802 (resized).jpg15544705294128573428121927916802 (resized).jpg

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I’ve seen the actual gate when closing punch the ball, stopping it initially. But then during ball search, and the gate opens, the ball just sits there. So I’m hoping I can find a way to have the ball roll free once the gate opens.

my first thought is to try to change the pitch of the game, I'm at 7.2. You also might try raising the left leg a couple of turns to get the ball to tilt toward the right so it doesn't stick there.

3 weeks later
#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Hmmm.... I'm having several issues that only very recently popped up. Random extra balls (not the kind you earn), sometimes extra points added with pushing flipper buttons before a plunge (but only on the first ball), random ball ending even with a ball still in play like the ball drained when it didn't (not after a random extra ball), etc... All switch issues?

Balls ending early or giving extra balls is likely a trough board issue. Reseat your trough connectors. Check shooter lane switch too by going into switch test mode and rolling a ball in the shooter lane, not with your finger. Does it register every time?

Points awarded when they shouldn’t. Put game in switch test mode and bang on the play field to see what’s registering. Likely a sling shot switch needs to be regapped.

2 weeks later
#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have one, and it flashes.... BUT, there is no little control like you're showing. The wires just go straight from the connector to a quick disconnect right behind the Topper. Works fine.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. cointaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

Quoted from jester523:

Anybody with the Laseriffic Train topper, do these buttons have any functionality? I just purchased the topper and it stays solid red. The buttons have seemingly no function. I wrote laseriffic / cointaker, but havent received a reply, and the CT support email info@ bounced back.
[quoted image]

We use these dimmers in some of our mods. Make sure the dimmer is not wired backwards. You’ll see it says led on one end and 12-24v on the other end. The led side of the dimmer should be on the side running to the topper, 12-24v should be on the side going to the game’s power connection. If it’s wired backwards, the light will just stay on a dimmer won’t function.

1 month later
#1928 4 years ago

So I guess we will never have the code completed on this game? Oi frenzy will never be.

3 months later
#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Why are you replacing the Lightning Bolts? I know a long time ago when they first came out, they weren't lighted, but my Premium VE that I got NIB in January came with Lighted Lightning Bolts.

I have a premium vault, and I only have flashers behind the lightning bolts

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

The learning curve is a bit steep.
If you’re not a DIY fan you could just pay PinballMix to do it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

That’s a bit more involved. All I would want is three songs replaced. Anyone able to do this with the new code? I’d be willing to trade for free mods. Add dirty deeds, shoot to thrill and girls got rhythm.

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I replaced For those about to rock with shoot to thrill. If you just want the one song, PM me and I can get you the code. I think it's perfect and makes that mode so much better. I've played around with replacing other songs, but a lot of the songs have little snippets that pop up throughout the game and it doesn't sound right with a replacement song - like Let there be rock plays for a few seconds at the end of every game. It doesn't sound right if a random sample from Who made who plays. Also if you notice at the beginning of every ball, there is a perfect intro loop of whatever song you have playing. That's really hard to recreate with a replacement song. Most people may not care that the new song doesn't loop, but I did manage to get shoot to thrill to loop.

Thanks, appreciate it but I'd need three as I changed my back panel song list.

3 weeks later
#2302 4 years ago

I think you need 8gb stick.

#2304 4 years ago

I’ve never done a back up before. Scores become irrelevant imo when you install new code as scoring and rules change.

1 week later
#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone tried to make there own cannon mod instead of paying $85US for the available mod? I would think there are plenty of toy cannons that could be used. Thanks.

There really arent. The cannon that people have on the game is pretty much NLA. The reason this cannon is used is because it fits so well in the spot.

If you can find a modded one for $85, I'd jump on it. If you can find an ummodded cannon, it's going to be $35-50 anyway. It makes a nice difference in the aesthetics in that area.

1 week later
#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I need a little help guys. We were playing last night, a when the ball went in the cannon, it moved just fine, and the ball fired when she hit the button, but the cannon stayed in the full "out" position. I took the glass off, and the cannon felt really sloppy. Lifted the playfield, and I found a set screw loose on a linkage. Not the one on the motor. Tightened it, and thru the gun test got it to go to home. Tried to go thru the test again, the cannon came down and stopped. Failed the moving to switch 61 test. Have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas? I searched for cannon issues, and Im sure this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it. It's like the timing is off. Thank in advance guys.

Did you check the switches in switch test mode? 61 and 62? I think if 61 isnt hit, the cannon won’t reverse and go to home position. The firing of the cannon is unrelated.

#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

So here's where my inexperience comes in. I go in switch test mode, and it really doesn't do much but make a sound and show if the + or - switch is pushed, or a flipper etc. So I go to the active switch test, and it shows the cannon mark switch active, probably because the cannon is at a 45 deg angle. But still not moving.

If you push on the switch and you see it registering on the screen and makes a sound, it’s working.

Is the cannon binding? What does cannon do in the cannon motor test, #32?

Can you test both 61 and 62 switches?

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I went to the cannon test , in the cannon test special section, and it gives me the failed move to switch 61 message up front. Are 61 and 62 optos? This is Premium Vault, about 9 mos old HUO.

They are switches, there is one to the right front of the cannon, might be another under the playfield. I’m not near my game so not sure. Been a while since I’ve looked. I thought it’s supposed to swing out, hit a limit switch and then swing back and hit the home switch.

Did you go into coil test, #32? Close coindoor and push the start button to initiate the coil motor movement. I also have a premium vault.

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon. Ok, so the switch on the front right of the cannon is the cannon eject switch. Basically tells the machine whether or not a ball is loaded, and its working fine. Under the playfield, I can see an opto, and only 1 micro switch. But there is no way I can get to that switch to test it. Heck, I can't even see the arm. I believe I'm going to have to remove the assembly to check out what's wrong. When I go into coil test #32, the cannon motor test, nothing happens, but I do hear it buzzing a little. To disassemble, I think I need to loosen the set screw on the collar to the cannon shaft, and most likely just lift it straight up. Then it looks like there are about 4 hex head w/slot wood screws holding the assembly to the playfield. I think I'll try to drop that assembly tomorrow and see what I can see

make sure nothing is binding on the cannon underneath before disassembling it. There are some screws that can bind it if I recall. You have to look closely.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Lermods , got the cannon back working. Didn't have to drop the mechanism under the playfield. It appears there us a real sweet spot as far as the position of the cannon when you tighten the set screw. The way I got it to free uo was to raise the playfield all the way up, then loosen thebset screw on the collat under the cannon, not the motor. I loosen it enough to allow the cannon to hang straight down, then went thru the cannon test and then locked the set screw at home position.

Awesome! Enjoy your game now!

2 weeks later
#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I am stoked to get one! This cannon is the best on the market. Back Alley does amazing work ... as does Pinball Refinery.

It’s the only one. These are not available anywhere unless you can find one out China. They are BB shooters, I was lucky to find one for both acdc games I’ve had. I’d suggesting getting one from Steve before they are gone, it’s like the witch mod for woz.

3 months later
#2524 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I have a problem with my left flipper, it drops power and feels very weak. Recently I played another AD/DC premium and it was a totally different game with a strong “normal” left flipper.
I ordered a new complete flipper kit, coil and installed it. But it’s no difference.

Did you check your leaf switches at the flipper buttons? What happens in switch and solenoid test?

1 month later
#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is anyone still making the custom jukebox insert to reflect song changes?
I have one but can’t remember who did it for me and was thinking about swapping a song.

I have a template I made. Happy to share it. You can change any song you want.

2 weeks later
#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Quick subject change... I was recommended to put this here as well as the tech area. I turned on my AC/DC premium (2012) the other day and the start button wasn’t working (however light was flashing as normal). So I opened the coin door to test the button, and the menu button wasn’t working. Odd. So I went down the four buttons and the volume up button didn’t work either, but the volume down and credit button DID work. I did reseat the J13 connector for the menu and volume up buttons to no avail, and on a recommendation (hat tip YeOldPinPlayer), I also reseated J13 connector, and that did get the start button working again, however menu and vol up still isn’t doing anything. Odd they all three stopped working around the same time.
Anyone else come across this or could lend some words of wisdom? Thanks so much in advance!

J13 has all the wires that control the buttons on the coindoor, they are listed on the bottom of page 16 of the manual. Check continuity from each wire on the connector that isn’t working to the wire at the coin door buttons. If you have continuity, you may have a board issue. If you don’t have continuity, it’s a broken wire or a poorly pinned connector. My guess is the the connector needs to be repinned.

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

PinballJah, no. And if it had I’d be screwed because I can’t access the menu, lol.
Lermods, thanks, I’ll check continuity. I’ve had the game for almost 4 years with no issues, and it hasn’t moved in the last year, other than just playing. Do connectors just kind of screw up like out of the blue?

Not in that short of time, but it’s possible. Need to rule things out.

1 year later
#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Could someone please check their game and tell me if this connector should be plugged in somewhere? I've already found 2 other similar two prong plugs that weren't plugged in on this game. I won't be surprised if this should be plugged in to something. THANKS![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that's a plug for flashers, do all of your flashers work?

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

I am not 100% sure. Need to run a test next. You're certain it's for a flasher lamp? thanks!
There's nothing that I can find that's near this plug that might be the mate to it.

yes, almost certain. maybe its for a mod that isn't being used?

1 year later
#3311 7 months ago
Quoted from drummermike:

The previous owner of my AC/DC had changed some of the selectable songs. How do I change them back to the original song selection? It has the 1.7 code installed. Thanks.

You have to reinstall the stern code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.