AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#611 6 years ago

I finally updated to 1.68 after 3 years and noticed 2 things I was wondering about when compared to 1.63

1) I Don't get the replay animation/sound anymore. Checked setting and can't find what changed.
2) The TNT bank doesn't always reset on some songs until I hit the detonator target. On others it resets when I get 3 down. Was this added in 1.68 ?

Readme doesn't mention either of these.

Appreciate any help on if you think I need to re-flash or these are changes in rules.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Is there a chance that when all TNT targets are down, one of the lights is still flashing?

Thanks, I didn't even think of a bad TNT switch. Will check that and re-flash the firmware also since you don't have the Replay problem.

BTW, I am swapping the Centaur playfield. I also need to fix a problem with the cabinet I didn't notice until I had it apart so going to take longer than a simple swap.

Thanks again

1 year later
#1287 5 years ago

5 years too late but how is the bell shot actually counted on ACDC LE/Premium

I bought my ACDC Premium in the early 2013 run. It is rare to get the 3x multiplier on my game due to the swinging bell. I recently played a pro for the first time and could get to 3x and keep it going to scores 2x my best ever (my previous best was 400 Million with factory but no extra ball) so it made me want to ask you guys how the bell is actually counted on the LE/Prem.

My usual problem like I am sure everyone is that the bell starts to swing with the magnet but even when I hit it square or get to the hole I don’t get a score. I have to wait for it to stop swinging to get a hit and in multi-ball that is rare. I see videos of the hells bells strategy and all the hits people get but that is not possible for me with my game so far.

Thanks for any insight into how you get bell hits. How do you play for 2x 3x? Thanks

1 week later
#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Any good strategies out there with new code?

Since the update that really evened out the songs and reduced the Hells Bells advantage, I play Thunderstruck and start Jam as often as possible. Sometimes I will switch to TNT before Album if I have a huge Song Bonus to collect. Then I will switch to Rock and Roll train and continue with Jam. Both of those songs make it easy to get the add-a-ball from VIP if you have any left.

1 year later
#2502 4 years ago

After 7 years my cannon is binding near the end of its travel. The cannon shaft has quite a bit of up-down play and when I went to adjust it, I could not get the set screw loose even with heat. It must have moved on the shaft to cause the problem but the screw is on with a form of loctite.

Now, I have read about the set screw on the motor but not the cannon shaft which makes it impossible to get the cannon assembly off.

Has anyone come up with a easier answer than drilling it out? Anyone think a left hand drill bit might do it?

Thanks for any clues.

1 month later
#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

ave done the test in the menu and everything seems fine. The blade switch looks good.What else can it be?? It's driving me crazy!

Those flippers are single wound like the old data east. They are full power only when the EOS is registering as closed. Otherwise they get duty cycled. For some reason you are not getting full power. Check out pinwiki.com and review the data east and white star sections for weak flippers as a start. I think I have jumpered the EOS in the past to test on data east but have never done it on a SAM

#2534 3 years ago

Oh and if you want the schematics for SAM download the Shrek Manual. Pro tip from an amateur

3 months later
#2747 3 years ago

It's interesting how the code updates have eliminated the need for the lower playfield. At league when it came out many would play highway get 2x going get to the lower playfield to crank up song jackpot and boom 15-20 million to start. Then highway was nerfed and hells bells became the song then an update removed the Vip bell hit and now lots of different song strategies but few that use lower playfield

I imagine you could just disconnect the lower playfield but haven't tried myself.

1 week later
#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

nd which is the right one to purchase I seen colordmd has different kits/version.

There are people that like LCD and people who like LED. I like LCD better. Originally it had to do the the dot interpolation options the LCD had but LED may do that by now.

Check out the interpolation and also search for this topic or try this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

As for the different kits, I have a 2012 Premium and it didn't need the standoff kit for the metal speaker panel but my 2015 MET needed it. I dont know what the vaults have but I would guess the metal speaker panel therefore you would need that kit.

The display itself can be swapped between games and if you have the correct connectors and can move between Bally/Williams and Stern. have not tried others.

6 months later
#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My bell swings like a motherfucker when hit

Mine does too and I always felt this happened when they nerfed hells bells which was a good change.

I used to get 3x and don’t anymore and haven’t seen a 150mil plus jackpot in a while.

Magnet works in test and bell swings like crazy especially if you hit it while swinging. I’ve meant to check if there is a switch not working but haven’t yet.

If there ever was a new fantasy code update I’ve always wanted the bell hole to register a hit as it’s worthless for 11 songs

1 year later
#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

ut with the chrome and in with the red

Did you use Red or Bright Red ? Was it from Tmodling.com? And how well did it match the powder?

1 month later
#3237 1 year ago

For anyone that did a similar sub amp as markmon mentions in this post what did you use? His links are dead

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/massively-improve-your-acdc-premiumle-sound-under-80#post-327825

I have had games that had pinwoofer and ff and pbpro but thanks not what Im looking to do.

My motivation is that I recently slapped a Pyle PLPW8D that wouldn't fit in my intended arcade cab into Metallica and was blown away by the subtle scoring sound effects I could hear (especially during multi-ball). Looking to see if that same happens on AC/DC

thanks for any help

1 week later
#3253 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

A PDF manual for the pro is on sterns site, but not the premium/LE... (#780-50C7-00)

See if this works. IPDB is usually great for this

https://www.ipdb.org/files/5775/Stern_2012_AC_DC_Premium_Pinball_Service_Game_Manual_pages_Y39_Y40_poor_quality.pdf

2 weeks later
#3274 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I am looking to change some of the songs in my AC/DC. I definitely want to add Shoot to Thrill. If I change the songs, I want the jukebox to match the songs. Has anyone printed replacements song cards for the jukebox?

I remember someone did that and its in this thread so search juke box

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.