AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

Im in the Prem club for a 1 1/2 years. I still remember when I first got the machine and thought I had a flakey switch for the longest time and was getting frustrated trying to find it and couldn't! it seemed so erratic; oddest behavior I ever saw in a pin.

Then, my wife took this pic...
IMG_0605.JPGIMG_0605.JPG
Mystery solved!

2 weeks later
#20 10 years ago

For multiball add a ball:
When you qualified your current songs shot (ie hit the bell in hells bells) it will always light the 5 main shots. Getting all 5 shots during a mb will add a ball (one time occurrence per mb). The VIP can be used to award one of these shots. So, lets say you make 2 of these shots and then start mb, you'll only have to make 3 more shots (indicated by flashing note insert) to add a ball. I tend to get 4 out of the 5, leaving the right loop for the last, then start doing what I need to do to rack up jackpots. If I drain, one VIP is all that's needed to add a ball. Or if I drain, I get about 3 secs to make the right loop shot to add a ball, if I miss it then ill hit VIP.

VIP tip:
If you can get a bunch if super modes going, and have a big song jp accumulated, and have 3 or more VIP passes. Start hells bells and get a multiball going. Hammer the bell to get 2X going; then just before the 2X goes away, hit VIP to restart 2X. Repeat as necessary until you have 3X going, then light the cannon and enjoy the points-gasm. Meanwhile, with all the super modes lit during this mb, you'll be firing super mode cannon JPs at 2X or 3X value.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For multiball add a ball:
When you qualified your current songs shot (ie hit the bell in hells bells) it will always light the 5 main shots. Getting all 5 shots during a mb will add a ball (one time occurrence per mb). The VIP can be used to award one of these shots. So, lets say you make 2 of these shots and then start mb, you'll only have to make 3 more shots (indicated by flashing note insert) to add a ball. I tend to get 4 out of the 5, leaving the right loop for the last, then start doing what I need to do to rack up jackpots. If I drain, one VIP is all that's needed to add a ball. Or if I drain, I get about 3 secs to make the right loop shot to add a ball, if I miss it then ill hit VIP.
VIP tip:
If you can get a bunch if super modes going, and have a big song jp accumulated, and have 3 or more VIP passes. Start hells bells and get a multiball going. Hammer the bell to get 2X going; then just before the 2X goes away, hit VIP to restart 2X. Repeat as necessary until you have 3X going, then light the cannon and enjoy the points-gasm. Meanwhile, with all the super modes lit during this mb, you'll be firing super mode cannon JPs at 2X or 3X value.

PS - this game is freaking amazing. Can't believe I nearly sold it this week. I probably would have dug a hole, buried my head in it and called it a day had I done so.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why would you even consider selling it over STLE?

I dont want to sell either, thats the point. But yea, my head deserves to go through a wall to get my senses straight

1 week later
#46 9 years ago
Quoted from cgz46:

20140506_030827.jpg 224 KB

Awesome translight! Did you make it?

3 months later
#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Look at the number of owners

image.jpg 78 KB

Dude!

2 years later
#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So about 1 in 10 games it will just drain, mid-ball. I know I've been on here long enough to have seen this issue before, but nothing is coming to mind. Also the left eye stand up in lower pf is not registering hits. Any advice appreciated.

Reseat your opto connectors on the ball trough.

#626 6 years ago

Gryszzz - if you don't already have an external sub, get one! And your game should be plenty loud on max setting - is it? Or do you think there might be a sound board issue possibly?

1 year later
#1356 5 years ago

Looking for opinions. I want to enhance the lighting experience of acdc. My choices are Pinbits lightning bolts, hooked’s ver4 lightning bolts, or pinstadium lights / Orion’s Belt.

I’m leaning towards pinstadium or Orion’s Belt as I can do more than just enhance the lightning bolt flashers.

Any thoughts or opinions?

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Please don't.
I 100% recommend the pinbit bolts and the hooked bolts (if you can find a set that will last). The Orion's belt falls into the category of, "Someone asked if they could do something before they asked if they should do it.". To me that system is WAY overkill but I know some people will like it. Just my opinion.
Do you already have the clear red apron with the pinball refinery kit that adds flashers under their and behind the ramp diverters? Those actually integrate very well into the game play as they let you know when the canon is active for something.

No on the apron. And that’s a good idea, Maybe that with the lightning bolts are the direction I should go. What did you mean about finding a set that will last (hooked’s version)? He’s up to ver4 so maybe it was early runs of the mod?

2 months later
#1464 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shit just got real!
[quoted image]

SWEET!!! NIB even! Congrats. More pics more pics

3 months later
#1772 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wait so in Metallica when you pick a song and drain, the song pauses and starts from that point on ball two? Same with Aerosmith and KISS?

Not sure for KISS, but Metallica and AS songs continue. They have have queue spots so it’s not exact, but it’s pretty darn close.

IMDN is the only one I know that continues playing without any queue interruption.

For acdc; the song is the mode, and when you drain the mode starts over from scratch, hence the song starts from scratch. I want to say I heard (or read) that Lyman was considering to let the music continue to play. So it’s not that it’s not possible, but that it was a programmer choice. Personally, I agree with about 99% of the people, let the music continue to play!

#1775 5 years ago

Ah for some reason I thought Metallica played through using queue points, so if you make it far enough into a song it wouldn’t start from the beginning per day, but rather it’s queue’d checkpoint.

#1783 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Yep - the game would be so much better if the song would continue.... lazy coding imho.

Hard to say it’s lazy coding when it’s Lyman. I’m guessing he had his reasons; but hopefully he revisits the decision with a final update to oi mania.

1 month later
#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There has been talk of something being added after 6 songs - a reward for half way to encore.
Would something as simple as a 50 million countdown jackpot suffice?
Works for me

Lyman has spoke of a mini wizard mode. I hope to god it does get implemented it does not prolong progress towards Encore. JJP did something similar with Dialed In; they have 2 fantastic wizard modes in Armageddon and Final showdown but then added halfway wizard modes that makes the game take forever to get to the ‘good’ wizard modes.

That said, I hope if a mini wizard mode comes for acdc that it compliments progress towards encore; i.e. something like sea of simulation in tron.

My idea would be to attach it to Oi Mania. Once you start oi mania, the wizard mode is a 2 ball multiball with 30 sec ball saver. The mode starts on TNT “IF” that song has not been completed. Each song in oi mania will have its typical objective, i.e. TNT is shoot the 3 drops then hit the TNT target. This will then start hurryups at each of the white music notes, each hurryup collected will increase the value of the next collected (limited to 2 hurryups per shot). It only takes one hurryup to be able to switch songs. To switch songs, lock 1 ball in the cannon and the other in the Jukebox. Your hurryup value collect will then be lit at the cannon (with the ball that’s locked), and the song will automatically switch to the next available that has not been completed. A 5 sec ball saver will also be triggered in transition. Oi mania ends when you drain to one ball or you get through all 12 songs at which a final cannon shot will be made available then the balls will drain and begin Encore.

Encore is such a bad ass wizard mode that it needs to be highlighted more in the pinball world. Adding a mini wizard mode for 6 songs played would hurt the game if not implemented correctly. Take away some of the grind in getting to encore. Oi mania could be the answer and in theory you could get to Oi mania with only completing a few songs; or on the flip side you might not get it til you complete 8 or 9 songs.

Anyway, thinking out loud lol.

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Does anyone have any sound issues with their AC/DC Premium vault? Our back box speakers are really muddy sounding. Is it the speakers or is it the recordings they used?

It’s the speakers. Check to make sure their not pushing up on the speaker grill. You may need to add a couple washers to give them breathing room from the speaker grill. Otherwise hit up your distributor and/or Chas at stern, they’ll get you replacements.

10 months later
#2545 3 years ago

Hey guys, thinking about the hookedonpinball’s gen 5 lightning bolts for my pro vault. Anyone got any of the versions? I remember loving these when I saw them on a game way back when. But, Are they too blinding facing the player or well used?

Thanks

1 week later
#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd be thrilled if they did the following:
1. Fix OI mania
2. Implement live versions of songs
3. Make Encore selectable at game start (Like Nublar on JP2).
Pretty please Lyman!

#3 would be awesome. It’s one of the best wizard modes around, it needs to be put on a pedestal for all to enjoy ...and compete with.

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from stuliss:

As someone who's been there, though, you know you're authoring your Encore as you play through the game.
Y'all want a generic, randomized Encore just so you can play it at will? With arbitrary values?
Practice the right orbit. Routinely make it your eighth song request. Don't start a MB if you're close on a song change (5 or more lit requests). Use MBs to push right through fresh songs. The first time you get Encore, basically everything you do probably has to be in service to the ultimate goal. (That's right, you might have to radically adjust your whole play style! Sounds pretty healthy and engaging!) After you are accustomed to playing with a progress-before-all-else mindset, and you've been there, maybe you can throw in a little flavor along the way. Score some points as you go.
A halfway mini-wiz isn't gonna get you any closer to Encore, it's just an opportunity to lose a ball. Luckily there are ready means of introducing additional balls onto the playing surface at any time if you desire to pursue them.
I guess personally, I would press start unlimited times trying to get to Nublar before I would just warp there. Haven't played it yet.

I’ve been to Encore a handful of times. I was going to mention that about scoring but opted not to as it’s not about warping to the end so to speak. It’s about having a well programmed mini mode that you can have fun with and/or compete with friends and not have to know the nuances of the game or rules to win. You start one deep well thought out mode and go! It’s like having 2 games in one.

Like Keith Elwin said in a podcast, they’re allocating resources to something more than what only 10% of people will see. I think we’re going to see a huge spike in options to play these mini modes with future games.

#2578 3 years ago

Since we’re on the topic of improving acdc. Has anyone come up with a way to speed up plastic ramp returns? Recently, plastic ramp returns have become a huge pet peeve of mine and I’ve sworn I’ll never buy another stern with plastic ramp returns. So with that rant over; anyone come up with something? I wonder if someone knew how to make wireforms, they could come up with a mod attachment that goes at the end of a plastic ramp so the ball returns quicker with the metal.

Am I the only one who feels this way about plastic ramp returns?

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wouldn’t length of the ramp be the main factor of its travel time? If you replaced the ramps on ACDC with metal would it really be that much faster?
Now if you’re talking specifically at the very end where it drops to the playfield you can put something to bridge the gap from the rebound rubber to the opening in the ramp. This should shoot the balk directly to the inlane instead of it bouncing off the rebound rubber, coming back and then dropping to the inlane.

Yea, it’s the actual end of the ramp I’m talking about. The ball travels so fast on plastic ramps, their return nubs aren’t good enough to give a quick return to the inland. Metal wire form ramps can handle the momentum much smoother. I’ve tried adding drop dead ball foam to the rebound rubber to bridge that gap but the speed of the ball is too much. I don’t think I’ve tried doubling up the foam, maybe I’ll give that a shot.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

One easy thing that you can do is to clean the ramps with WD40.
You will be amazed how much faster the ball moves with clean ramps.
I think Stern recommends that once a month...

The speed of the ramps are fine. It’s the stop and return to the inlane. The momentum of the ball is so fast, and since it’s not a metal wire form, the ball wobbles itself into the hole and inlane. It’s not just an ACDC only problem, it’s a problem with all plastic ramps. It’s just a pet peeve of mine on how smooth wire form ramp returns are vs plastic ramps. That said, I did pad the return with a couple nice sized pieces of drop dead ball foam and that has certainly helped, but still nothing like the real thing - metal wire form to sustain the momentum.

#2612 3 years ago

Yes. Song bonus needs a call out and show. surprised Lyman missed that.

4 weeks later
#2652 3 years ago

If anyone wants hooked’s mirror finish with amber light bolts, send me a DM. $100 shipped to lower 48. ($50 savings). They have only been installed once to test. I bought the amber and the bright whites. Both are nice. Whites are a bit more blinding but I decided to stick with them.

Let me know. They are still in the original packaging with install instructions.

Steve (SKB)

#2654 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If anyone wants hooked’s mirror finish with amber light bolts, send me a DM. $100 shipped to lower 48. ($50 savings). They have only been installed once to test. I bought the amber and the bright whites. Both are nice. Whites are a bit more blinding but I decided to stick with them.
Let me know. They are still in the original packaging with install instructions.
Steve (SKB)

Bolts have been spoken for.

1 week later
#2685 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

I’ll be selling my Hooked versions, even though they look brilliant, just because I can’t handle the brightness! Will replace with the Pinbits version just as soon as they start shipping internationally again.

What version are they? his latest rev5 white’s have reduced in brightness (i think he said 15%?).

3 weeks later
#2739 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I don't like playing the lower playfield much either. Looks cool though, and the drop targets are worth the premium price for me. That might sound kind of crazy though.

Having owned the premium, i really enjoy the gameplay of standup targets in this game. That said, isn’t there a setting to disable the lower playfield and/or can you just remove the ball from the lower pf and the game will auto disable?

#2748 3 years ago

Sounds like Lyman is slacking!!!

Give these prem/LE guys the ability to disable lower playfield and give me my Oii mania and encore speed run

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
16,500 (Firm)
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.