AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChipScott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1192 5 years ago

Can I ask the group a question.
I'm looking to get an AC/DC premium next month after a move. The prices for nice premiums and the new Luci versions are roughly the same, give or take. I'm inclined to get a new Luci, but is there any compelling reason to look out for nice original premiums instead, if prices are relatively equivalent? I know the cabinet art is different, but is there anything different with the pf or mechanics between the two, best anyone knows?
Thanks in advance!

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

More
There are some minor differences. Different autolauncher, different playfield windows, different cab speaker, etc. I'd rather have an original just because I think games were more solidly built 5-6 years ago. Better cabinet and playfield wood, more solid feel. Newer playfields seem to dimple and chip a lot more. My ACDC playfield still looks like glass even after 6 years. I also prefer the non removable playfield window since it doesn't require any maintenance or leveling. The new windows area bit clearer looking though. I've also played a couple of the LUCI VE's and they do seem to play a bit different for some reason? I've had friends comment on this as well but I'm not sure what the reason is?

Quoted from mymalibu:

More
The newer spike operating system is not as user friendly as the older sam , not able to just change out bulbs for a buck ,you have to buy a new RGB board for 30ish. Lots of utube stuff on the newer system to help you choose if its right for you...Cheers

Quoted from Rum-Z:

More
I bought a new Luci VE. I liked the ability to take out the lower playfield window from above in order to clean and work on the lower playfield (instead of lifting the playfield and dropping the lower playfield from underneath). However, with the removable playfield window comes the work of having to level it every time you remove it, and even when you take delivery of it from Stern. I don't know if the removable lower playfield window would be viewed as a plus for everyone, but it was for me.
By the way, as to the post above mine: The Luci VE and other AC/DC VEs run on the old board system that they were originally manufactured with, not the Spike system.

Quoted from Vino:

More
ChipScott-
Just to be clear, the original run of AC/DC premiums as well as the recent vaults run on the same SAM system, not Spike.

Thank you for all of your replies, I appreciate the info and advice. It's a badass game no matter how ya slice it, but I was curious about any differences and opinions on the matter as I've only played a Luci version. So thank you all again...can't wait to get this upcoming house move over with and bring one of these games home. Btw, those TNT bombs at the top of this page look amazing...anyone install one of these yet and have pics??

#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
Biggest reason to get a nice original is better wood on the cabinet and playfields and generally better construction. Stern has gotten REALLY cheap since the original AC/DC came out. As long as you get an original with a clear playfield window, that's the superior option.

Appreciate your insight and advice.
Hard to believe the production of the cabinets and pf's have changed so much over the last 5-6 years that's it's an issue... but I read about it more and more these days as an issue folks are talking about and dealing with. Definitely food for thought on this next purchase, so thank you again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChipScott.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=ChipScott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.