AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CTHOMAS1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1651 5 years ago

A little late, but joining on as a new member. Purchased my brand new AC/DC Premium Vault in January. Something I don't understand is the scoring in this new system. I have 2 other pin, the newest is 1992. I reset the high scores when the machine arrived, simply because I didn't want to see ABC as the top scorer. Anyway, back to AC/DC. Im the top scorer in a specific song. Even though I beat that score when playing on a specific song, it doesn't recognize that and show he as top score for that song. Do I have a setting wrong? Thanks for your help.

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Song jackpots do not effect your mode score. Only made lit mode shots do. If I’m going for a song high score, just play that song over and over again in the same game.

Thanks chuckwurt , but what's happening is this. Let's say the Hell's Bells High Score Champ is myself with 16 Million points. I start a game, and select Hell's Bells for the starting song, and keep it Hell's Bells thru the entire game. I finish the game, and my final score is say 32 million points. Shouldn't that 32 mil replace the 16 mil champ?

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not necessarily because your 32 million points weren’t earned with hell’s bells shots. You could go that whole game without getting many hells bells points at all if you never hit the bell.

Thanks chuckwurt ! I love this game. It sure does have a complex set of rules. I will have to pay more attention to the actual song specific shots. It was funny yesterday, because my wife had the High Score for a particular song, and I beat her mercilessly. Basically 5 times the points she had, and when it didn't give me the song's high score champ, I thought I was getting robbed and she thought it was hilarious hahahaha! Thanks for your help sir.

1 month later
#1749 5 years ago

Has anyone created a mod that covers up the lane diverters in front if the train and canon? It just looks unfinished with the coils showing.

#1751 5 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

There is a drum mod that covers the diverter as well as the one up by the left ramp

Thank you mymalibu

1 week later
#1778 5 years ago

Ok, so I got the drum Mod to cover the coil bybthe cannon, and decided to make this for the one by the train. A little minature album and cover. Not that it shows, but it even has a back side that matches the album.

20190421_160007 (resized).jpg20190421_160007 (resized).jpg20190421_160011 (resized).jpg20190421_160011 (resized).jpg
#1779 5 years ago
20190421_161143 (resized).jpg20190421_161143 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1864 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. cointaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

I have one, and it flashes.... BUT, there is no little control like you're showing. The wires just go straight from the connector to a quick disconnect right behind the Topper. Works fine.

#1868 4 years ago

Ok. I'm sorry, I was mistaken. There is a controller on mine, and it switches the mode and flashing speed. Again, sorry for the mistake.

3 months later
#2018 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok is there is no maker for these??
If not, I might make a batch or two - about 10 units per batch.
Is there any interest? Respond to this thread to see everyone can see interest. If enough respondents I will make.
Price - not sure - need to talk with my laser guy.
Looks like this is built with 1/4” lexan.
Not sure how ball marks will look on plastic over time.

Count me in as well..... might take 2 also.

2 weeks later
#2087 4 years ago

Ok, I have a question/issue that has got me stumped. So, when all else fail, ask the folks who'll know. Ok, I have a Premium Vault which I bought NIB in January. The train which has a flashing blue LED annoys me, so I wanted to swap it out with either a yellow or frosted white one. So, I picked up a yellow one, plugged it into the wedge socket....nothing. Flipped it over, ..... nothing. Ok, opened my parts box, grabbed 3 or 4 different wedge led's and tried them, nothing. What the heck is with that bulb? Only the original blue one works?

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That's a flasher bulb, so you will need a 12V flasher of some type for it to work, if you were not aware of that.
Most wedge bulbs are for illumination and are 6.3V which won't work on the train flasher.

That makes sense. Thank you. I didn't think there were differences in the LEDs. (Now I feel like a dumbass hahahaha)

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That's a flasher bulb, so you will need a 12V flasher of some type for it to work, if you were not aware of that.
Most wedge bulbs are for illumination and are 6.3V which won't work on the train flasher.

Ok @Dent00, I checked the bulb, and also the manual, it is a 6.3v 2chip bulb. But given that, I will continue to look tonget one in a flasher configuration.

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Don't feel bad. I learned about that bulb the same way... See attached thread for more info...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-a-led-flasher-bulb-be-turned-on-for-extended-time#post-5206265

Thank you! Now the fun appears to be finding a domed, yellow 6.3v #555 Flasher. Red and White are all I can find, and that's at Marco Specialties. They say the hunt is 1/2 the fun.....

#2101 4 years ago

Ok, well I pulled the original, and it's a 6.3v. I googled the part number in the matrix above 112-5033-08, and Marco has it in white and red only. Marco's ad saws it a #555 6.3v 2 chip, but doesn't say anything about being a flasher. I'm going to get a couple. I'm still dumbfounded as to why no other 6.3 bulb I have works..... I'm talking about the one in front of the Train in the nose.

#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

did you try flipping the bulbs around? some leds wont work if the polarity is wrong. depends on the brand bulb. For the nose of the train I installed a frosted blue bulb, much better on the eyes than the clear lens one.
I'd give you one if you were close by.</blockquote

I appreciate that @kawydud ! Yep, that was the first thing I did was flip 'em. It's a head scratcher.

2 weeks later
#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

First post from a new guy. I ordered my NIB AC/DC Premium VE on Friday, and am super excited. It's my first pinball machine, and will be joining a cabinet multi-game (Pac-Man, Galaga, etc.) and Foosball table in the gameroom (which still needs to be finished being finished).
I'm a huge AC/DC fan (I've got my AC/DC belt buckle rocking at the front of my pants at work today, as usual), a big guitar and drum nut (I have an awesome Gibson SG Angus Young signature edition with lightening bolt inlays that will look great hanging on the wall near this pin), and have always had a hankering for a pinball machine. While I've never been a gamer or giant pinball fanatic, I grew up with a kid that lived down the street, who's Dad had a pinball machine in their home. This was back in the 1970's, and as far as I know, was pretty novel for the time. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of that machine. But, I do remember dropping many quarters in PinBot on base, late 80's, while in the Army.
I got an e-mail saying it had shipped, and I couldn't be more excited. There was a Luci VE at a local shop, new, but demo on their floor. I managed to get the wife on board, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on Luci. With a wife and two 'young teen' daughters, I have an obligation to set an example, I thought. So, when I found the NIB Prem VE online - I jumped at it.
I already have a couple mods on order, but as a newbie &amp; not sure what I'm getting myself into, I'll probably go real slow. So, I'm lurking, learning the lingo, and counting the hours till the delivery truck pulls up at the curb.
Sorry for the intro post, but I'm just very excited about getting this machine.

Welcome Mach5Amps ! I just got my NIB Premium VE in February, and really love it! It was my 1st NIB. Unfortunately, the addiction took hold, and placed my order for a NIB Jurassic Park a few weeks ago, which will be my 3rd NIB. The mods can be addicting too, so just be careful hahahaha! So, now there will be 5 in the game room. Fortunately for my wife, there isn't any room left after the Jurassic comes. Enjoy, and don't be afraid to ask questions., A great bunch of guys here!

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Order placed! Can't wait to hear it. Now, to call about my machine. Still haven't heard anything about delivery timing...
I said I was going slow, but given I don't even have my pin yet:
1. Lighted speakers
2. Speaker insert thingies
3. Replacement Lightning Bolts
4. Topper
5. PinWoofer Powered Super Kit
What the heck has gotten into me?!?!?

Why are you replacing the Lightning Bolts? I know a long time ago when they first came out, they weren't lighted, but my Premium VE that I got NIB in January came with Lighted Lightning Bolts.

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a premium vault, and I only have flashers behind the lightning bolts

Hmmm.... I'll take a picture of mine when I get home tonight.

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hmmm.... I'll take a picture of mine when I get home tonight.

Ok, so took a closer look at mine, and it appears there is a PBC LED behind my Lightning Bolts. However, Im good with that. Sorry, I was wrong.

3 weeks later
#2268 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Reminder for anyone that is without this excellent mod (see pics at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod)! cpr9999 has stated he'll do another run of 10, maybe in time for Christmas, if and only if I can get him 10 orders. We're up to 4!
1. cpr9999's existing request in hand.
2. @mach5amps
3. @LukyDuck
4. @AJB4
Need 5 through 10!
I'm recruiting, but trying to keep it to only once a week to keep from being annoying. Come on, man! You know it's awesome. If you don't already have it, this lighted roof mod is the bomb! Who knows if this opportunity for another run will come up again!

I'm definitely kicking it around. I'll let you know for sure tonight.

#2280 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Cmon TEX, pull the trigger. I love mine.

Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Reminder for anyone that is without this excellent mod (see pics at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod)! cpr9999 has stated he'll do another run of 10, maybe in time for Christmas, if and only if I can get him 10 orders. We're up to 4!
1. cpr9999's existing request in hand.
2. @mach5amps
3. @LukyDuck
4. @AJB4
Need 5 through 10!
I'm recruiting, but trying to keep it to only once a week to keep from being annoying. Come on, man! You know it's awesome. If you don't already have it, this lighted roof mod is the bomb! Who knows if this opportunity for another run will come up again!

Ok, put me.down for one. I'll be #5

#2290 4 years ago

I added rhe Pinwoofer Super Kit to my Premium Vault today. WOW! What a difference it makes! Very glad I decided to get this system. A++++ service as well. Dan is there 100%

#2292 4 years ago

What took you so long?? lol

The money tree can only be picked so much in a short period of time. Hahahaha!

#2294 4 years ago

You gonna be at the Houston show??

Yes sir, on Saturday during the day. Are you coming?

#2300 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Unfortunately, AJB4 dropped out, so you're the new #4. Glad you're in, but dang it, we're only at 4.

Crap! Fingers crossed!

#2301 4 years ago

Ok. I'm having a bit of a problem, and I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. I decided to do my first "backup to usb" today, on my Premium Vault. Every time I attempt it, it makes it somewhere around 25% done, and the display blinks a couple times, and it exits the service mode and straight back to as if I had never opened the door and went into the utilities. The machine doesn't appear to do a total reboot, just completely exits the service menu and backup procedure. I was doing a backup hoping that it would save our high scores and settings. Unlike the Spike systems, there's no utility to save settings and scores, just total backup, so Im not even sure if the backup will save the things I want it to. Please let me know what you think. I'm going to grab a new USB stick and try that tomorrow. Ive already took this one, reformatted it and tried again. No difference. Its a 4gb USB stick.

#2303 4 years ago

I only have a 32gb and the machine doesn't recognize that stick. I'll grab an 8gb tomorrow. But it does a "checking for space" before starting. Oh well, I'll grab an 8 and see what happens. Will it save my scores and settings too?

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve never done a back up before. Scores become irrelevant imo when you install new code as scoring and rules change.

That's very true, when installing "new" code. I was wanting to back up just in case there was some sort of daya loss, or if I made some arbitrary change to something that screwed everything up. And actually, the latter sounds like something I might do hahahaha!

3 weeks later
#2348 4 years ago

I need a little help guys. We were playing last night, a when the ball went in the cannon, it moved just fine, and the ball fired when she hit the button, but the cannon stayed in the full "out" position. I took the glass off, and the cannon felt really sloppy. Lifted the playfield, and I found a set screw loose on a linkage. Not the one on the motor. Tightened it, and thru the gun test got it to go to home. Tried to go thru the test again, the cannon came down and stopped. Failed the moving to switch 61 test. Have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas? I searched for cannon issues, and Im sure this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it. It's like the timing is off. Thank in advance guys.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you check the switches in switch test mode? 61 and 62? I think if 61 isnt hit, the cannon won’t reverse and go to home position. The firing of the cannon is unrelated.

So here's where my inexperience comes in. I go in switch test mode, and it really doesn't do much but make a sound and show if the + or - switch is pushed, or a flipper etc. So I go to the active switch test, and it shows the cannon mark switch active, probably because the cannon is at a 45 deg angle. But still not moving.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you push on the switch and you see it registering on the screen and makes a sound, it’s working.
Is the cannon binding? What does cannon do in the cannon motor test, #32?
Can you test both 61 and 62 switches?

I went to the cannon test , in the cannon test special section, and it gives me the failed move to switch 61 message up front. Are 61 and 62 optos? This is Premium Vault, about 9 mos old HUO.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They are switches, there is one to the right front of the cannon, might be another under the playfield. I’m not near my game so not sure. Been a while since I’ve looked. I thought it’s supposed to swing out, hit a limit switch and then swing back and hit the home switch.
Did you go into coil test, #32? Close coindoor and push the start button to initiate the coil motor movement. I also have a premium vault.

No, I haven't yet. Gotta stop, family came over before going home from visiting for the holidays ..... gotta be a good Grandpa hahahaha. This will continue tomorrow.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They are switches, there is one to the right front of the cannon, might be another under the playfield. I’m not near my game so not sure. Been a while since I’ve looked. I thought it’s supposed to swing out, hit a limit switch and then swing back and hit the home switch.
Did you go into coil test, #32? Close coindoor and push the start button to initiate the coil motor movement. I also have a premium vault.

Good Afternoon. Ok, so the switch on the front right of the cannon is the cannon eject switch. Basically tells the machine whether or not a ball is loaded, and its working fine. Under the playfield, I can see an opto, and only 1 micro switch. But there is no way I can get to that switch to test it. Heck, I can't even see the arm. I believe I'm going to have to remove the assembly to check out what's wrong. When I go into coil test #32, the cannon motor test, nothing happens, but I do hear it buzzing a little. To disassemble, I think I need to loosen the set screw on the collar to the cannon shaft, and most likely just lift it straight up. Then it looks like there are about 4 hex head w/slot wood screws holding the assembly to the playfield. I think I'll try to drop that assembly tomorrow and see what I can see

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

make sure nothing is binding on the cannon underneath before disassembling it. There are some screws that can bind it if I recall. You have to look closely.

Lermods , got the cannon back working. Didn't have to drop the mechanism under the playfield. It appears there us a real sweet spot as far as the position of the cannon when you tighten the set screw. The way I got it to free uo was to raise the playfield all the way up, then loosen thebset screw on the collat under the cannon, not the motor. I loosen it enough to allow the cannon to hang straight down, then went thru the cannon test and then locked the set screw at home position.

2 years later
#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I just sold mine today, sorry bro

Just curious. What are they going for these days?

1 month later
#3148 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Stern had any plans of developing Insider Connected to be able to work on S.A.M. machines? I know I can always go Scorbit, but just curious about Insider Connected. Thanks!

5 months later
#3206 1 year ago

I have an AC/DC Premium Vault Edition which I bought NIB in 2019. It just recently stopped retaining credits, or I just noticed it. I have a bill acceptor in it, which I do in all my machines, even though they are in my home. This is how I save for more pinballs! Anyway, it saves scores and everything else, just not credits. Any ideas? Thanks!

#3207 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea?

Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have an AC/DC Premium Vault Edition which I bought NIB in 2019. It just recently stopped retaining credits, or I just noticed it. I have a bill acceptor in it, which I do in all my machines, even though they are in my home. This is how I save for more pinballs! Anyway, it saves scores and everything else, just not credits. Any ideas? Thanks!

Anyone have an idea?

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from konghusker:

is it set to free play somehow!

No, it set for.$1.00 per game

1 year later
#3325 3 months ago

I totally lost all GI LEDS the other day. Just fired up my machine, and all the LEDs associated with the Grinder Extension Board are out. When testing the board during diagnostics. I get nothing. Reset all the connections, nothing. Anyone ever had this board go out?

1 week later
#3333 3 months ago

I need some help from y'all please. A week ago I posted losing all my GI LED'S on my Premium Vault. I checked and reseated connectors, nothing crispy. All the red LED's on the main board above the fuses are lit, but removed and checked F1, checked good. I thought it might be the extension board, so I ordered one and replaced it, no help. In diagnostics, nothing lights when doing the extension board test. Can anyone point me to something else? Thanks!

#3335 3 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

By extension board, I am assuming you are talking about the 520-5331-00 RGB driver board? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-rgb-driver-board.html
Check to make sure this board is getting power at the location circled. If not, trace back to the bridge rectifier to make sure that is getting power.
[quoted image]

Thank you very much @Kawydud! I'll check that out when I get home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CTHOMAS1998.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club?tu=CTHOMAS1998 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.