20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 67.
#401 7 years ago

Where to buy a premium then?

#402 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Where to buy a premium then?

Id try the major distributors & see if they can order you one. If they can let me know I have a new in the box premium play field.

#403 7 years ago

Added Color DMD and Chrome coin door this weekend

IMG_6109 (resized).JPGIMG_6109 (resized).JPG

#404 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Added Color DMD and Chrome coin door this weekend

Love the Color DMD but not quite sure I get the chrome coin door on a BIB. Doesn't go well with the black armor.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Love the Color DMD but not quite sure I get the chrome coin door on a BIB. Doesn't go well with the black armor.

I think so too.

What does look good on bible is a set of those speaker led inserts you have in the Star Trek next to it.
Set to blue like in the pic with no plastic inserts.

#406 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What does look good on bible is a set of those speaker led inserts you have in the Star Trek next to it.
Set to blue like in the pic with no plastic inserts.

I can see the devil pinup already on the speaker grills of the machine, just not lit up

#407 7 years ago

Man, I love looking at this game

IMG_0226 (resized).JPGIMG_0226 (resized).JPG

IMG_0227 (resized).JPGIMG_0227 (resized).JPG

IMG_0307 (resized).JPGIMG_0307 (resized).JPG

IMG_0130 (resized).JPGIMG_0130 (resized).JPG

IMG_0305 (resized).JPGIMG_0305 (resized).JPG

IMG_0301 (resized).JPGIMG_0301 (resized).JPG

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I can see the devil pinup already on the speaker grills of the machine, just not lit up

I have the light up speaker inserts installed but am waiting for a splitter to arrive from PBL to power them up.

Quoted from smassa:

The chrome door looks awesome in person IMHO with the chrome inserts in the BIBLE armor (chrome cannons, lightning bolts & AC/DC logos) and the chrome back box trim and chrome fire button.

1 week later
#409 7 years ago

Quick quiz because I get them mixed up and I am to lazy to go over the 20 pages of rules - which shots add a ball for each of the 3 Multiballs?

#410 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Quick quiz because I get them mixed up and I am to lazy to go over the 20 pages of rules - which shots add a ball for each of the 3 Multiballs?

I believe its the music note shots (Left orbit, left ramp, bell, right ramp, right orbit). After each time you receive the add a ball you have to do an additional shot the next time around ie: first add a ball is 5 shots, next time you would need to hit 6 of these lit shots. And you have to hit the lit ones...not just any of the shots that add upto that quantity.

For me ...hitting the right orbit is the most difficult.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...think this is correct.

#411 7 years ago

Ok hitting all 5 musical notes adds a ball and does a short ball save once during multiball. The musical note shots carry over into the next multiball, so you may only need one more shot to add a ball on the next multiball.

I need to keep working on those 34 pages of rules!

#412 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ok hitting all 5 musical notes adds a ball and does a short ball save once during multiball. The musical note shots carry over into the next multiball, so you may only need one more shot to add a ball on the next multiball.
I need to keep working on those 34 pages of rules!

A VIP pass can also be used in place of of any of those notes.

#413 7 years ago

IMG_20170203_162624941 (resized).jpgIMG_20170203_162624941 (resized).jpg
Mmmmmm.....

#414 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I believe its the music note shots (Left orbit, left ramp, bell, right ramp, right orbit). After each time you receive the add a ball you have to do an additional shot the next time around ie: first add a ball is 5 shots, next time you would need to hit 6 of these lit shots. And you have to hit the lit ones...not just any of the shots that add upto that quantity.
For me ...hitting the right orbit is the most difficult.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...think this is correct.

This is incorrect. You only need to shoot the flashing songs note arrows. You can start a song mode and shoot 4 of the flashing shots, start multiball and only need one flashing shot for the add a ball. The rules for the add a ball never changes but you can only collect 1 add a ball per multiball. You can always collect a add a ball each time you start a new multiball though. The only exception is encore when you can get unlimited add a balls.

#415 7 years ago

Thank you for clarifying smassa

#416 7 years ago

So my fire button packed it in this afternoon The spring is all jammed up inside the button and it is ceased solid. It's a little longer than a standard flipper button at 1 3/8" and I can't seem to find an easy replacement at my usual online haunts (Marco, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements). Any ideas?

#417 7 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

So my fire button packed it in this afternoon The spring is all jammed up inside the button and it is ceased solid. It's a little longer than a standard flipper button at 1 3/8" and I can't seem to find an easy replacement at my usual online haunts (Marco, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements). Any ideas?

Call your distributor & have them order one from Stern.

#418 7 years ago

Pics of my beaut. Had it for 6 months now and have modded the HELL out of it! ...see what I did there :p

IMG_9895 (resized).JPGIMG_9895 (resized).JPG

IMG_9896 (resized).JPGIMG_9896 (resized).JPG

IMG_9897 (resized).JPGIMG_9897 (resized).JPG

IMG_9898 (resized).JPGIMG_9898 (resized).JPG

IMG_9900 (resized).JPGIMG_9900 (resized).JPG

IMG_9057 (resized).JPGIMG_9057 (resized).JPG

IMG_9715 (resized).JPGIMG_9715 (resized).JPG

IMG_9334 (resized).JPGIMG_9334 (resized).JPG

#419 7 years ago

Anyone that replaced their side rails with some of the die cut ones that are available I'd be interested in buying your original red powder coated side rails. I had something fall on my left side rail and dented it pretty good......Hmm maybe a reason for me to buy a nice set of die cut with the cannon

#420 7 years ago

My pimped out beauty

IMG_4201 (resized).JPGIMG_4201 (resized).JPG

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Hmm maybe a reason for me to buy a nice set of die cut with the cannon

If you find a supplier/distributor for those please let me know. I've been looking and inquiring for 4 months now.

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

My pimped out beauty

Great silhouette shot!

2 weeks later
#423 7 years ago

Only just noticed this number

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#424 7 years ago

***ignore*** sorry :p

1 week later
#425 7 years ago

I took my bell off to have modfather paint it (he did a great job). When I put it back on, I also installed some other mods, changed all the rubbers, cleaned and waxed the playfield. I had just waxed it maybe 300 plays earlier but, while I had it apart and dirtied it up a bit with doing mods and such, I thought I should. Now when I hit the bell, it swings and hits the glass more than 50% of the time, sometimes pretty hard. I don't feel like the flippers are too strong ... everything is at the default settings and I'm not powering through the ramps. Did I miss something when I put the bell back on? Is there something mechanical there to limit the swing travel? Before, it was really rare when the bell hit the glass - usually only when I hit it after it was already swinging. I did wax it before I did these mods (when I first got it) and the bell swing was still fine. That originally was with mill wax. I changed this time to carnauba wax. I did not change the flipper rubber as I think the guy I bought it from last October had put new titans on them a short time earlier and they were in good shape. I eventually want to get inivisiglass, but want to solve this first. Any suggestions? Is there any bell swinging adjustments?

#426 7 years ago

Let me try another one. I have some red bulbs that are bad and going bad in my lower playfield. I notice that those go dim and brighter for HTH. Are those special bulbs, or can I just replace them with normal LED bulbs? If they are not "normal", where can I buy replacements?

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Let me try another one. I have some red bulbs that are bad and going bad in my lower playfield. I notice that those go dim and brighter for HTH. Are those special bulbs, or can I just replace them with normal LED bulbs? If they are not "normal", where can I buy replacements?

More than likely they are just coming loose from those garbage wedge sockets. That is the worst thing about AC/DC.

Push the bulbs back in and secure them with hot glue.

#428 7 years ago

I haven't played much of my acdc much over the last 6-8 months and even considered selling it. I fired it up last week and man, I can't stop playing it again. What a great game. Anyway, I want to do the Canon mod. Any recommendations on where or which canon to get that isn't an $80 Pinball company mod?

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any recommendations on where or which canon to get that isn't an $80 Pinball company mod?

https://www.amazon.com/civil-war-cannon-replicas/s

#430 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

amazon.com link »

Perfect! Thank you

#431 7 years ago

What is recommended to secure the Canon on?

#432 7 years ago

Indypinhead makes these sweet drop targets. You just need to come up with lighting yourself.

20170307_134230 (resized).jpg20170307_134230 (resized).jpg

20170307_132638 (resized).jpg20170307_132638 (resized).jpg

#433 7 years ago

So looking at the cannons recommended, do I need a 1/20 scale and I assume it has to be plastic? Any more information is appreciated.

#434 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

To answer my own question for those that are curious ... I replaced all of the lower playfield LEDs with normal Comet red frosted ones and it looks a lot better now. More rich color that is dispersed in the lower playfield area more evenly. These LEDs still will fade in and out during some of the Hell themed song selections.

#435 7 years ago

Anyone interested in this laser cutter stainless steel speaker panels
price ist 85$ shipping up to 3 pieces for 20$

IMG_5508 (resized).jpgIMG_5508 (resized).jpg

IMG_5511 (resized).jpgIMG_5511 (resized).jpg

#436 7 years ago

Wow those are sharp!

#437 7 years ago

if You want it send me a PM

will order tomorrow some pieces (only 1 Run) and also for Star Trek

tom

#438 7 years ago

Hopefully I will be the owner of a low play premium on Thursday. Any items/issues I should be aware of? Does anyone know how many premiums were made or if you can wax the lower play field? I'm in the automotive industry and waxing your headlamps can cause crazing. Also where can you get a shaker motors and how hard is it to install? Thanks in advance.

#439 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Hopefully I will be the owner of a low play premium on Thursday. Any items/issues I should be aware of? Does anyone know how many premiums were made or if you can wax the lower play field? I'm in the automotive industry and waxing your headlamps can cause crazing. Also where can you get a shaker motors and how hard is it to install? Thanks in advance.

The only issue I know if is the connector falling out of the trough optos from time to time. You'll know it happened when your ball prematurely ends.

No need to wax the lower playfield, and quite frankly it's too much of a pain in the ass to do so.

Don't let wax get anywhere near the lower playfield window. I clean it with Wizard's Mist 'n' Shine and wax carefully around it.

You can get a red tremor shaker from Pinball Life, I think, or Cointaker. Not sure about the install. But I have a premium and it came with a shaker...I thought that was standard on that game???

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

Does anyone know how many premiums were made

Stern doesn't release these figures.

#441 7 years ago

I wax the whole playfield.....Right over the window

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I wax the whole playfield.....Right over the window

And leaving layers of wax on a window. That can't be good.

#443 7 years ago

When I went to the Stern site it only mentioned shakers on the LEs, not the premium. Hmm will have to see it when I pick it up. If that underworld playfield is some type of plexi or acrylic wax could be a big problem

#444 7 years ago

I wax right over mine to and it's perfectly clear still. I imagine it won't hurt just to skip waxing over the window though just to be safe.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I wax right over mine to and it's perfectly clear still. I imagine it won't hurt just to skip waxing over the window though just to be safe.

Yeah I had a creech window for a while and waxed that too. I always figured the wax would protect it if anything. Never got cloudy or scratched up.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

When I went to the Stern site it only mentioned shakers on the LEs, not the premium. Hmm will have to see it when I pick it up. If that underworld playfield is some type of plexi or acrylic wax could be a big problem

Yes shaker only on the LE's from factory.

#447 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

The Premium doesn't come factory fitted with a shaker motor (as far as I know). I put one in mine a month or so ago and the installation is really easy. All the holes and mountings are already there, you just need to screw in some bolts, connect up some wires and you are good to go. Mine even had the shaker activated in the software already. It's good fun (I like the shaking when the multiball is announced!), but I wouldn't say it's an essential addition.

As has been said, the trough opto does come loose occasionally. It's just needs reseating.

If you are getting one of the earlier made Premiums, be aware that the lighting is all LED, except for the flashers which are good old fashioned filament lamps. Mine was a NIB and they still only lasted a month or so. It's worth replacing the lot with LEDs (I think there's eight or so). The red cannon one is a bit of a pig to get out, but just take your time Grasshopper.

My DMD had a missing line on it, which was quickly replaced by the dealer. Might be worth noting.

I'm not sure about waxing the lower playfield, but getting some protectors for the plastics might be a good idea. I've broken one of mine and I keep meaning to detach the playfield and fix it!

When lifting the playfield, do it slowly and carefully. With Bally Williams machines you can put some brute force behind it and it'll be fine. Do that on Sterns, and there is a danger of it coming off the rails and dropping into the machine (trust me on that!).

Don't let any of this put you off. It is a killer machine that they will have to pull my cold, dead hands off before I sell it.

#448 7 years ago

Sweet, I'm pumped. But as we all know it ain't done till it's done. Will be my second machine and they seem to be going for more than they originally cost! Will be killer in my office next to my WoZ!

#450 7 years ago

I waxed my window too. It hasn't caused any issues.
I did wax my lower playfield too. I also put silicone rubbers on it and put in Leds. There's only 4 srews and a bunch of connectors holding it in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.