20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 67.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

This is KMS Handels so I will save you the message - they don't mail to the US.
However, if you're willing to pay, you can ship it to a third party, like mygermany.com, and go that route. I had to do that for an I/O board I needed which I only found at their store. It's safe (and legit), but it is pricey (especially for a board that's not all that expensive). It took about two weeks which I thought was quite reasonable especially during another Covid round, and the transaction was very smooth. Both KMS Handels and MyGermany were very easy to deal with.
If you think the board is messed up, you may want to contact Marco and see if they can get it directly through Stern, or you can reach out to someone like Chris Hibbler and see if he can repair it.

Unfortunately, you are correct. KMS will not ship to the United States. I would wonder why this is their policy. I was able to get my pinball tech to bypass the damage traces and pads and get the board working. It is a bit of a tenuous fix and I would want to replace the board. I will contact Marcos directly. They do list it as not in stock and I did give them my email information. I do appreciate your suggestion to use a third party shipper and it is an expensive way to do things.

#3102 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Does anyone know where I can source a back panel LED board? The part number is 520-5324-02. It provides the light for the juke box.

What is going on with your light board?

#3103 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

What is going on with your light board?

I am embarassed to answer this question. I had broken my left wrist in mid March and it was in a splint. It did make my hand very clumsy. I also developed a painful paronychia (infection at the nail base) in my right thumb which limited my right hand use. Stupidly, I was working on my AC-DC replacing a bent sling switch. With the playfield support brackets up on the lock down I somehow managed to knock the playfield off of the slide assembly and into the cabinet. Talk about doing dumb things.

I managed to bend the two molex pin connectors on the back box light box. The lower one I was able to fix. The upper one pulled the pins from the pads and I could not reflow it.

#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

I am embarassed to answer this question. I had broken my left wrist in mid March and it was in a splint. It did make my hand very clumsy. I also developed a painful paronychia (infection at the nail base) in my right thumb which limited my right hand use. Stupidly, I was working on my AC-DC replacing a bent sling switch. With the playfield support brackets up on the lock down I somehow managed to knock the playfield off of the slide assembly and into the cabinet. Talk about doing dumb things.
I managed to bend the two molex pin connectors on the back box light box. The lower one I was able to fix. The upper one pulled the pins from the pads and I could not reflow it.

We have all done something like that, I am sure I have done something even worse. At least it is back up and running.

#3105 1 year ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

Yeah - that hurts in multiple ways. And we've all been here. It's awful.

#3106 1 year ago

Finally joined the club today with this NIB LUCI edition. Been an exciting day for me with Halloween showing up and ACDC!

PXL_20220504_014705560 (resized).jpgPXL_20220504_014705560 (resized).jpg
#3107 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Finally joined the club today with this NIB LUCI edition. Been an exciting day for me with Halloween showing up and ACDC!
[quoted image]

Awesome! Congrats. Will be a great week for you.

#3108 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

[quoted image]

Curious is that a old Luci or new Luci?

#3109 1 year ago
PXL_20220504_051156681 (resized).jpgPXL_20220504_051156681 (resized).jpgPXL_20220504_051502774 (resized).jpgPXL_20220504_051502774 (resized).jpg
#3110 1 year ago

Congrats bro! Im on a mod mission from Angus myself, almost done then I will post pics and list all the mods. Ac/dc is bad ass!

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Congrats bro! Im on a mod mission from Angus myself, almost done then I will post pics and list all the mods. Ac/dc is bad ass!

Can't wait to see pictures!!! I've been looking at mods all day. Excited to see yours.

#3112 1 year ago

How many ac/dc ORIGINAL luci games were made? Not the vaults.

thanks

#3113 1 year ago

I believe it was 200 total

#3114 1 year ago

Can someone shoot a couple pics of the upper playfield around the pops? I am trying to see if these jacked up clear plastics are supposed to look like this. I assume designed to keep airballs from getting stuck. The plastics look odd to me. Thanks!

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Can someone shoot a couple pics of the upper playfield around the pops? I am trying to see if these jacked up clear plastics are supposed to look like this. I assume designed to keep airballs from getting stuck. The plastics look odd to me. Thanks!

I'm sorry I didn't get these posted earlier. Please let me know if you need anything specific.

IMG_8590 (resized).JPGIMG_8590 (resized).JPGIMG_8591 (resized).JPGIMG_8591 (resized).JPGIMG_8592 (resized).JPGIMG_8592 (resized).JPGIMG_8593 (resized).JPGIMG_8593 (resized).JPG
#3116 1 year ago

I’ve been promising one last custom piece. My Daughter painted my speaker panel and i think it came out awesome with the custom Translite and acrylic lighting bolts plus speaker lighting. I also will be listing all the added mods soon, however I got to get ready for GSPF.
Harley D.

CE17A8A1-2294-411C-8BF5-2D98778DC525 (resized).jpegCE17A8A1-2294-411C-8BF5-2D98778DC525 (resized).jpeg6CE4A8FA-1F63-40F0-BAE2-D948C50406C0 (resized).jpeg6CE4A8FA-1F63-40F0-BAE2-D948C50406C0 (resized).jpegD13E0160-5ED9-4491-883B-9CC5819ABF22 (resized).jpegD13E0160-5ED9-4491-883B-9CC5819ABF22 (resized).jpeg
#3117 1 year ago

Looks great Harley. Props to your daughter on the speaker panel. Shooter rod is awesome too!

See you at the GSPF this weekend!

Cheers,
Nick

#3118 1 year ago

Does anyone's bell say LUCI instead of hells bell?

#3119 1 year ago

I'm sorry I didn't get these posted earlier. Please let me know if you need anything specific.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! Is the clear plastics over the left pop bent up and resting on the pop bumper? Also, the two right pops, is your clear plastic smashed in the middle?

#3120 1 year ago

I'm working on repairing a Laseriffic train topper. The wire came off on the previous owner. Both expected it eork work fine after reattached. No luck. Ive tried to solder the leads to numerous places on both led strips. Again no luck. I checked the connector from the backbox. Looks like I'm getting some power from it. Can anyone tell me what color the leds are? May have to order all new..

20220515_110105 (resized).jpg20220515_110105 (resized).jpg20220515_110109 (resized).jpg20220515_110109 (resized).jpg20220515_110116 (resized).jpg20220515_110116 (resized).jpg
#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks! Is the clear plastics over the left pop bent up and resting on the pop bumper?

It is.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Also, the two right pops, is your clear plastic smashed in the middle?

As in kind of pinched together? If so, yep.

More pictures attached.

IMG_8613 (resized).JPGIMG_8613 (resized).JPGIMG_8620 (resized).JPGIMG_8620 (resized).JPG
#3122 1 year ago

Full acdc premium plastic set. $120. Dm me

#3123 1 year ago

It is.

As in kind of pinched together? If so, yep.
More pictures attached.[quoted image][quoted image]

Frogman.. you are awesome. I hate it the way they did those plastics. My OCD won't allow me to put them back that way. Gonna make my own and test em. Thanks!

#3124 1 year ago

Ok.. shes coming back to life.. PINWOOOOOFFFEEERRR.. this thing is SO loud. I inherited the original hazy premium glass (first run), but also came with the 12 as well. Used a spacer for the twelve, updated everything else per PinWoofer. Outfreakinstanding.. Few more finishing touches and tweaks and ready to rock. (See what I did there) Just need to find a color DMD, finish this proto clear x-over, and repaint the cannon.

20220409_144540 (resized).jpg20220409_144540 (resized).jpg20220409_194305 (resized).jpg20220409_194305 (resized).jpg20220519_211712 (resized).jpg20220519_211712 (resized).jpg

#3125 1 year ago

I just added my 12” Pinwoofer myself three days ago. Only difference is I added the lighted speaker lights.
My son said it best “ Mom’s going to be pissed!”
Harley D.

CD1C164C-3D2A-4B32-8051-DB2CFAC8D96A (resized).jpegCD1C164C-3D2A-4B32-8051-DB2CFAC8D96A (resized).jpeg
#3126 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

I just added my 12” Pinwoofer myself three days ago. Only difference is I added the lighted speaker lights.
Harley D.
[quoted image]

Outstanding.. we'll have twin girls, I just your translite.. stole your idea. Fresh mirror blades going in and fold the scaffolding for over the band. I deleted the original flasher bulbs behind the aftermarket bolts - cleaned it up nice. Just replaced the bolts inserts to bright white. Blinding.. and I love it. Beautiful game you have! Biggest difference i see is I added the Clips plastic protectors. Ill update pics when she's all together again..

#3127 1 year ago

We have awesome taste bro. I still have a few things to add to already pimped game. Can’t wait to see your completed pics!

#3128 1 year ago

Digging the lighted speakers.. you use speakerlightkits.com or someone else?

#3129 1 year ago

Doug@speakerlight kits. Always the best.

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Doug@speakerlight kits. Always the best.

Totally agree..

#3131 1 year ago

I am also following the DIY speaker upgrade thread as well, what would you guys recommend for a upgraded system. I have bought 6 JBL 810's for pins and I want to start with my AC/DC since I love the music, added Long Way to the Top, Shoot to Thrill, Money Talks, Girls Got Rhythm.

#3132 1 year ago

What respective songs did you replace? That sounds awesome. I would love to swap out but im not tech savy only mechanical. The Jbl will sound great. I would still reach out to Dan@pinwoofer he can help you with all kinds of options. I have personally done other sound upgrades but his is the best. Send me a pm if you want to discuss more.
Harley D.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. shes coming back to life.. PINWOOOOOFFFEEERRR.. this thing is SO loud. I inherited the original hazy premium glass (first run), but also came with the 12 as well. Used a spacer for the twelve, updated everything else per PinWoofer. Outfreakinstanding.. Few more finishing touches and tweaks and ready to rock. (See what I did there) Just need to find a color DMD, finish this proto clear x-over, and repaint the cannon.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great work smokinhos - that 12in cab speaker is pretty insane!

Quoted from shovelhed:

Harley D.
[quoted image]

That looks incredible shovelhed ! We have the Luci vault with the metal panel; it was a unicorn NIB that Jecco74 found a year ago, and it has the round openings which gives a different look. (Those square openings look killer with the lightning bolts.)

For ACDC we offer the GT amplifier which incorporates an auto-muting feature to masks the JN noise term when the machine is in standby / attract mode. Without it, you'll experience the typical SAM hiss when the game is idle. Something to keep in mind. Below is the SAM kit for ACDC. If you guys need to customize a kit let me know:

https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-sam-super-kit/

#3134 1 year ago

Anyone know where to find the head decals for a luci?

#3135 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Great work smokinhos - that 12in cab speaker is pretty insane!

That looks incredible shovelhed ! We have the Luci vault with the metal panel; it was a unicorn NIB that Jecco74 found a year ago, and it has the round openings which gives a different look. (Those square openings look killer with the lightning bolts.)
For ACDC we offer the GT amplifier which incorporates an auto-muting feature to masks the JN noise term when the machine is in standby / attract mode. Without it, you'll experience the typical SAM hiss when the game is idle. Something to keep in mind. Below is the SAM kit for ACDC. If you guys need to customize a kit let me know:
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-gt-sam-super-kit/

Thanks! I appreciate the guidance when I called and discussed it with you. I fired it up and dialed it in.. took about 5 mins and my wife came in. She said "is it loud enough?". I was like .. "what?" It is the loudest and best sounding pinball game i have ever owned.

I too would like to swap out some songs. Maybe a group mission?

#3136 1 year ago

There is a song or three I would like to switch out as well, but didn’t want to be the only pain in the ass bugging people to tell me how to do it.

#3137 1 year ago

Well there's three of us..

#3138 1 year ago

Safety in numbers!

Soooo JohnTTwo was it difficult to switch out the songs?

#3139 1 year ago

PV.. hell.. u figure it out then come over and show me.. lol

#3140 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

PV.. hell.. u figure it out then come over and show me.. lol

Was going to say the same thing to you..no tag backs

#3141 1 year ago

Fair enough.. lol. Once this thing is all back together I'll figure it out.

Anyone have the train laserrific topper? I need to know the color of led strips so I can replace them. Also noticed that I've seen pins for sale with the train topper and not many are lit up.. common problem?

#3142 1 year ago

Well.. ready for game night tonight. Have a couple things left on the list, but nothing o need right now. I am still looking for a color DMD, a drum, and a new cannon (may paint mine) but if someone has this stuff handy..

20220521_123922 (resized).jpg20220521_123922 (resized).jpg20220521_153253 (resized).jpg20220521_153253 (resized).jpg
#3143 1 year ago

Looks awesome bro! I really like the yellow plastic protectors. You could reach to lasserfric to see he would do another run of drums.
Harley D.

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Looks awesome bro! I really like the yellow plastic protectors. You could reach to lasserfric to see he would do another run of drums.
Harley D.

Thanks.. noticed today yours has artblades.. mine has mirrors. So a little different.. I reached out to laseriffic about my topper. No luck yet. If they do respond, I'll ask..

#3145 1 year ago

Got the Jukebox playing Hell Aint a Bad place To Be. The Brian version. He goes alright for a new bloke. Bon should be AM and Brian FM. How many pinnys have a jukebox? This machine rocks. It's pretty hard but you get it on song Jesus Christ it's great.

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks.. noticed today yours has artblades.. mine has mirrors. So a little different.. I reached out to laseriffic about my topper. No luck yet. If they do respond, I'll ask..

Didn't Cointaker take over Laseriffic?

#3147 1 year ago

Not sure if Joe use’s them as a distributor of his products or not. Simple enough just call Mellisa.

#3148 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Stern had any plans of developing Insider Connected to be able to work on S.A.M. machines? I know I can always go Scorbit, but just curious about Insider Connected. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#3149 1 year ago

Very excited to join the club today, and to finally have not one but two Lyman games in the lineup. Eager to really spend quality time with this gem

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

Very excited to join the club today, and to finally have not one but two Lyman games in the lineup. Eager to really spend quality time with this gem
[quoted image]

We have the premium, but I have always been envious of the BIB edition. Man is that sharp!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.