20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.
#2901 2 years ago

If you have the vault edition, then you can adjust that window with a screwdriver I believe.

#2902 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi guys! I'm super late to the party, but I just traded for a super clean AC/DC 2018 Luci re-issue. Everything works flawlessly but I need a quick assist on two things.
1 - What can I use to VERY slightly raise the lower playfield glass so that it's flush? It has a small lip that definitely changes the trajectory of the ball.
2- Does anyone know what powdercoat / color Stern used for these? My side armor has a small chip out of it so I want to take it to the folks who have done my other pins and have it re-finished.
Other than that, it has the big topper with the bells and logo / horns, some minor playfield mods and the latest code. In 9.5/10 condition easily. Just needs to be played
Thank you!

Welcome to the club. It’s such a great game. Just fired mine up tonight for the first time in probably 6 months. I forgot how awesome this game is.

I also have a Luci vault and needed to raise the lower play field window. I took one of the screws out and brought it with me to Home Depot. I found some tiny o-rings that fit it perfectly.

Take the entire window out. Insert the screws into all of the holes and carefully flip it upside down. Then put an o-ring on every screw (some may need two). They should be tight enough to hold the screws in place when you flip it back over. Then just screw it back down gently and tighten as needed til it’s all flush. Not all screws will be super tight and that’s OK. The o-rings kind of act as a lock washer. I did this to mine when I got it NIB and haven’t had to adjust it since. Butter smooth now.

Good luck and enjoy the game!

#2903 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Welcome to the club. It’s such a great game. Just fired mine up tonight for the first time in probably 6 months. I forgot how awesome this game is.
I also have a Luci vault and needed to raise the lower play field window. I took one of the screws out and brought it with me to Home Depot. I found some tiny o-rings that fit it perfectly.
Take the entire window out. Insert the screws into all of the holes and carefully flip it upside down. Then put an o-ring on every screw (some may need two). They should be tight enough to hold the screws in place when you flip it back over. Then just screw it back down gently and tighten as needed til it’s all flush. Not all screws will be super tight and that’s OK. The o-rings kind of act as a lock washer. I did this to mine when I got it NIB and haven’t had to adjust it since. Butter smooth now.
Good luck and enjoy the game!

Perfect - thank you! I’ll do that today. Were the o-rings in the pull out drawers or are they fit something specific? Seems so small!

#2904 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Some song replacements, a band replacement, and a flame topper. I'll probably light the topper with pulsing red led strip. I also put a red Glo ball in the lower playfield.
I have the Luci VE, which has the removable Hell clear cover with flathead screws. I'll be getting those powder coated black.[quoted image][quoted image]

I always did think this game had a regrettable lack of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in it!

#2905 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Perfect - thank you! I’ll do that today. Were the o-rings in the pull out drawers or are they fit something specific? Seems so small!

I think I found them in the drawers.

#2906 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I think I found them in the drawers.

When I pulled my vault window, it already had rubber washers and rubber o-rings.

#2907 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When I pulled my vault window, it already had rubber washers and rubber o-rings.

Ditto mine came with them installed.

#2908 2 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Ditto mine came with them installed.

Was yours perfectly flush or did you need to adjust?

#2909 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Maybe mine did too. Either way, I added more to flush it up.

#2910 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Was yours perfectly flush or did you need to adjust?

I was not satisfied with the way it came from the factory. So I removed it, cleaned it up and reinstalled it. I have from time to time needed to adjust it when I see balls start being deflected. I am sure it changes throughout the year with temperature and humidity. It is easy enough to adjust when I clean the playfield.

#2911 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Just found the same. Thanks all! Just got mine adjusted and it's all good now

Now to try and improve this audio a little bit. Wish it wasn't so compressed, but it is what it is.

#2912 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Just found the same. Thanks all! Just got mine adjusted and it's all good now
Now to try and improve this audio a little bit. Wish it wasn't so compressed, but it is what it is.

Get a Pinwoofer kit, I struggled with my first AC/DC to get good sound. When I bought my second new one I installed the pinwoofer kit, heard sounds I never knew existed before.

#2913 2 years ago

Absolutely agree. AC/DC deserves pinwoofer. You can feel the bass and the BB speakers smoke the stock speakers but the amp is the key. Everybody says you can hear things you never heard before and its true. Speakers alone just can't do the job. Install and enjoy!

#2914 2 years ago

I went Pinwoofer in mine too. Highly recommended.

#2915 2 years ago

I just went external sub. Cheaper and you can attach multiple games to it at once. I honestly don't see any other real issues iwth the audio quality on this pin. Damn thing shakes my windows. Most people aren't going to have this cranked to 100 while playing.

#2916 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just went external sub. Cheaper and you can attach multiple games to it at once. I honestly don't see any other real issues iwth the audio quality on this pin. Damn thing shakes my windows. Most people aren't going to have this cranked to 100 while playing.

With the Pinnovator PinPAC 2 SAM MAC addition and external self powered sub woofer, I cannot make the volume on my machine above about 50% or it is so loud that the neighborhood outside my house will hear it and people in my house are greatly disturbed. Honestly, at about setting 32, I cannot tell if the shaker vibrates the machine as much as the speakers. And the external sub woofer is only at about 50% of the total range.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/ac-dc-premium/products/pinpac2-mac_sam-headphone-kit-for-stern-sam-systems

#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

With the Pinnovator PinPAC 2 SAM MAC addition and external self powered sub woofer, I cannot make the volume on my machine above about 50% or it is so loud that the neighborhood outside my house will hear it and people in my house are greatly disturbed. Honestly, at about setting 32, I cannot tell if the shaker vibrates the machine as much as the speakers. And the external sub woofer is only at about 50% of the total range.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/ac-dc-premium/products/pinpac2-mac_sam-headphone-kit-for-stern-sam-systems

That's pretty much me too. I think I keep it at around 45 before people start getting annoyed. I sometimes crank it to 50 or so when I'm home alone.

#2918 2 years ago

The pinwoofer kit wasn't about how loud I could get the game. It improved the sound quality tremendously. I've actually removed a number of external subs from my games after installing this kit.

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The pinwoofer kit wasn't about how loud I could get the game. It improved the sound quality tremendously.

+1 ~ PinWoofer for the win in ALL music PINS! CLEAR and LOUD!

#2920 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The pinwoofer kit wasn't about how loud I could get the game. It improved the sound quality tremendously. I've actually removed a number of external subs from my games after installing this kit.

I think I need to mention that with the Pinnovator kit, I can hear sounds on the headphones and over the sub woofer, that I could not hear before. Granted, my hearing is not perfect, but the sound was also improved with this product. I have not heard the sound improvement with the Pinwoofer kit, but I am sure that it is also an improvement to the sound quality. My guess is that the dynamic range of the speakers are more fully realized with these sound amplification products. In my case, the external sub woofer gave more clear definition to the lower range of frequencies, in particular.

#2921 2 years ago

A few years ago before EXPO, I created a simple fix for the open area above the band in the upper right corner.

Simply remove the two existing screws near the top of the band and attach the scaffold.

It is designed to look like concert scaffolding. There are a few spot lights hanging from the front which are painted black. Although it may not be as nice as the other band covers available, it will finish off the bare roof area and let the light from the existing flasher pass right through for effect.

I made extra. If anyone wants one, I will list them in the Marketplace.

IMG_7934 (resized).JPGIMG_7934 (resized).JPGIMG_7945 (resized).JPGIMG_7945 (resized).JPGIMG_8005 (resized).JPGIMG_8005 (resized).JPGIMG_8010 (resized).JPGIMG_8010 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#2922 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Get a Pinwoofer kit, I struggled with my first AC/DC to get good sound. When I bought my second new one I installed the pinwoofer kit, heard sounds I never knew existed before.

Yeah I have Pinwoofer GT on my Jurassic Park. It’s nice but not a big difference. I could definitely see it being more useful on AC/DC. It’s just very muffled and bass heavy. I’ve replaced the BB speakers with better quality speakers, and added a passive crossover to the sub to remove the muddiness. It sounds better but not good at all. It needs help.

1 week later
#2923 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yeah I have Pinwoofer GT on my Jurassic Park. It’s nice but not a big difference.

Sounds like you don’t have it dialed in right or settings in your machine are incorrect. PinWoofer has been amazing in all my machines, both music pins and ones with speech (JP).

#2924 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Yeah I have Pinwoofer GT on my Jurassic Park. It’s nice but not a big difference.

You must have it installed incorrectly. It should be an insane difference.

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Sounds like you don’t have it dialed in right or settings in your machine are incorrect. PinWoofer has been amazing in all my machines, both music pins and ones with speech (JP).

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You must have it installed incorrectly. It should be an insane difference.

Thanks guys! I reached out adam12hicks last week after reading this and he said he'll get back to me after revisiting the starting settings:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/pinwoofer-stern-spike2-jurassic-park-2-amplifier-settings/

Last time I checked JP is something like #5 for us in terms of popularity and it seems to be a universally loved title with the PinWoofer system. We'll get there...probably just some adjustment fine-tuning.

#2926 2 years ago

I just wanted to post that I fixed a problem that I was having with the center lightning bolt target bricking from the cannon shot. I started by completely rebuilding the 5 bank drop target with new springs, new targets and a new plastic ledge piece. That did nothing except prevent the "double shot" to reset the 5 targets that I was seeing sometimes. The center target was still bricking from the cannon shot most of the time. A little oil on that spot on the ledge helped a little bit, but the problem was persistent. I purchased the Mezelmods center lit target in hopes that this would correct my center target issue and it appears that this is the case. The instructions indicate that removal of some of the washers on the back of that target are required, which I did during installation. Now, my center target drops every time I hit it with the cannon shot. I am wondering if I could have removed some of those washers on the back of the target in the first place and fixed that issue now. Anyway, I have a lit center target and it works every time now.

IMG_20210530_113134 (resized).jpgIMG_20210530_113134 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2927 2 years ago

I moved house recently and the fire button on the lockdown bar stopped working, After checking leaf switch ok I found that when I lift the playfield slightly the switch would work again, suspecting a loose wire or bent switch contacts, I checked and re checked with nothing obvious. I then discovered that the fire button will only work when the lower playfield ball is not in its trough.... so when the lower playfield opto ball trough is closed the fire button will not work. I haven't checked diagrams to see how the 2 are related . Any come across this before, must be something silly ?

20210621_185359 (resized).jpg20210621_185359 (resized).jpg
#2928 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I always did think this game had a regrettable lack of Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap in it!

I said that to friends when I got mine. The other songs are great, but the band clearly wanted to include two songs from their latest album. I get rocknroll train as it was the single, but always thought war machine should have been dirty deeds. Either that or long way to the top if you want to rocknroll.

#2929 2 years ago

Hey everyone. I have an opportunity to trade for the Premium version of this pin for my TMNT Pro, but I have never played it and they are about 5 hours away…

I have played the Stern Pinball arcade virtual table though.

To those that have played the virtual table, would you say that gives me a rough idea of how I’ll feel about the proper version? I know there’s really no comparison, but it’s the best I’ve got for now.

Thanks!

#2930 2 years ago

I haven't played the virtual version, but AC/DC beats TMNT hands down. (at least if you like AC/DC at all). It is a hard game though.

#2931 2 years ago

AC/DC is not for everybody. It will make you hate it when you brick a shot and end at just the wrong time, over and over. However, if you hit the ramps and orbits, that never happens. So, a game like that will make you a better player, if you can keep your sanity. I like the music too.

#2932 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

AC/DC is not for everybody. It will make you hate it when you brick a shot and end at just the wrong time, over and over. However, if you hit the ramps and orbits, that never happens. So, a game like that will make you a better player, if you can keep your sanity. I like the music too.

Sounds exactly like TMNT actually, haha. One minute you’re nailing ramps, then one brick sends your ball rocketing SDTM faster than you can see it.

#2933 2 years ago

Anyone know how many Luci VE were made, roughly?

Is the value different than the original Luci?

Pinside's listing of machines lumps the Luci VE with the 2012 prem and original Luci.

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Hey everyone. I have an opportunity to trade for the Premium version of this pin for my TMNT Pro, but I have never played it and they are about 5 hours away…
To those that have played the virtual table, would you say that gives me a rough idea of how I’ll feel about the proper version? I know there’s really no comparison, but it’s the best I’ve got for now.
Thanks!

This is one to decide by theme. Personally I think ACDC is a better game and a much better theme.

#2935 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone know how many Luci VE were made, roughly?
Is the value different than the original Luci?
Pinside's listing of machines lumps the Luci VE with the 2012 prem and original Luci.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The code on these 3 premium versions of the machine are identical.

#2936 2 years ago

The pricing of the original Luci and VE Luci are similar but it depends on condition. In some cases people will ask more for the VE simply because they are newer and probably have fewer plays. When I bought mine, I purposely went with an original because I didn't want to deal with the window (I have a HH which has the same style and it is annoying). The trade off is that you can't replace the window on the original. The only other major difference is that the drummer is blacked out on the VE due to that whole fiasco. Small differences in the speaker panel as well.

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Thanks!

Acdc pemium is the longest lasting game in my collection. I would make the trade

#2938 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The pricing of the original Luci and VE Luci are similar but it depends on condition. In some cases people will ask more for the VE simply because they are newer and probably have fewer plays. When I bought mine, I purposely went with an original because I didn't want to deal with the window (I have a HH which has the same style and it is annoying). The trade off is that you can't replace the window on the original. The only other major difference is that the drummer is blacked out on the VE due to that whole fiasco. Small differences in the speaker panel as well.

I have an original Premium acdc and an EHOH and the 2012 acdc feels more solid. Not sure why, just does.

1 week later
#2939 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Acdc pemium is the longest lasting game in my collection. I would make the trade

AC/DC is right after Fathom the longest lasting game in my collection... and I had a lot of stuff. It's definitwly in my alltime top 3!

So finally I did a tutorial video today... it is quite comprehensive, so better use the chapters feature.
Hope it's fun

*Tutorial*
A lot of talk at the beginning – to jump into the game click ... 38:38! | More infos and links please see below

*Chapters*
00:00 Introduction
04:08 Layout
09:30 Basics (Rules)
38:40 The Game
1:34:12 Summary
1:39:23 AC/DC in 1 min

#2940 2 years ago
Quoted from frg:

AC/DC is right after Fathom the longest lasting game in my collection... and I had a lot of stuff. It's definitwly in my alltime top 3!
So finally I did a tutorial video today... it is quite comprehensive, so better use the chapters feature.
Hope it's fun

*Tutorial*
A lot of talk at the beginning – to jump into the game click ... 38:38! | More infos and links please see below
*Chapters*
00:00 Introduction
04:08 Layout
09:30 Basics (Rules)
38:40 The Game
1:34:12 Summary
1:39:23 AC/DC in 1 min

Nice Vid!!! Thanks for taking time out to do it!

Same here with keeping this gem in my collection! I haven't played mine in a few months because I was having an issue with the TnT targets and being lazy with replacing the opto board. I fired her up and played a few game which intently reminded me of how f'en fun it is. What a blast.

#2941 2 years ago

I played it very rarely since 2018 … but as you said it is a blast!

#2942 2 years ago

I have a 2017 premium vault. Just wondering why pinside does not have an option for this machine? it has 2012 premium LE vault and 2017 pro vault but no 2017 premium vault.

#2943 2 years ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I have a 2017 premium vault. Just wondering why pinside does not have an option for this machine? it has 2012 premium LE vault and 2017 pro vault but no 2017 premium vault.

Looks like a Mod just added this

Thank you

#2944 2 years ago

I started a thread about an issue with an occasional auto-launch. Possibly a flaky playfield switch causing it or something else? After one player drains, occasionally the next player's song gets locked in as TNT and the ball auto-launches. I thought it might have something to do with the TNT targets resetting for the next player and a switch issue there, but I'm not sure if that would cause an auto-launch.

If anyone has any experience with this issue I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-occasionally-auto-launches

1 month later
#2945 2 years ago

New vault to me.My son and I were wondering why the drummer was not included.Is he the one that had legal trouble and went to the big house or something.Great game.

#2946 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

New vault to me.My son and I were wondering why the drummer was not included.Is he the one that had legal trouble and went to the big house or something.Great game.

That's exactly why the drummer wasn't included in the Vault.

#2948 2 years ago

anyone have acdc mods train tracks over left return ramp,scaffolding over stage.topper ?

#2949 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Phil Rudd is present on my original run Luci! Like it or not, he’s one of the OG band members. Anyone have a pic of the newer playfield with him removed?

B11C2384-7851-4D17-8E0C-330D2BE7C108 (resized).jpegB11C2384-7851-4D17-8E0C-330D2BE7C108 (resized).jpeg
#2950 2 years ago
IMG_2602 (resized).jpgIMG_2602 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/59?hl=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.