20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.
#2851 3 years ago

FYI ...few extra parts for sale yet...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Taken off of new machine and put in storage. Mods went in the place of these original parts. Normally $50 from pinball life. $10 shipping in USA”
2021-02-22
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 368 times

#2852 3 years ago

Update: Qty 1 left for sale.

(I had stopped making these for the last ~2 years. I was bribed into making a few more and decided to use up all my parts. These are 2 extra. First 2 people to PM - they are yours. After this I am out out of making these as they are a pain).

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Please message me - they are ready now!!! Limited X-mas run! Qty 5 available. (I have not made these in 2 years and this was a special request). THX! ------Information from ...”
2021-01-07
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 556 times

Added over 3 years ago:

Edit - all sold out.

1 week later
#2853 3 years ago

I have an AC/DC Premium Vault with Flipper Fidelity speakers in the cab and back box. The sound is great, however, I was considering adding this Onkyo SKW-570 163 watt subwoofer. The sub has an RCA input only. Thoughts and opinions? ...Do I unhook the bass in the cab, or splice in and add the sub with the bass in the cab? Is anything else needed? What are the extra two yellow/black stripe wires next to the cab speaker for? Or do I leave well enough alone and hook up the sub to my BKSOR or MM? Thanks for any input.

23AAB47A-4BEF-4E60-8FB7-4A4763A5462E (resized).jpeg23AAB47A-4BEF-4E60-8FB7-4A4763A5462E (resized).jpeg27A76B02-8D8A-4432-A3C9-A05940B7A58C (resized).jpeg27A76B02-8D8A-4432-A3C9-A05940B7A58C (resized).jpeg5DACB7F5-1354-4F6F-9904-F3118452C430 (resized).jpeg5DACB7F5-1354-4F6F-9904-F3118452C430 (resized).jpegF4350FB9-1AD7-47E8-A9BB-4A4D691F20F1 (resized).jpegF4350FB9-1AD7-47E8-A9BB-4A4D691F20F1 (resized).jpeg

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I have an AC/DC Premium Vault with Flipper Fidelity speakers in the cab and back box. The sound is great, however, I was considering adding this Onkyo SKW-570 163 watt subwoofer. The sub has an RCA input only. Thoughts and opinions? ...Do I unhook the bass in the cab, or splice in and add the sub with the bass in the cab? Is anything else needed? What are the extra two yellow/black stripe wires next to the cab speaker for? Or do I leave well enough alone and hook up the sub to my BKSOR or MM? Thanks for any input.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/subwoofer-kits

These guys might have something that will work for you. I have them on a few of my pins.

#2855 3 years ago

I'm messing around with making a 3D printed cannon for AC/DC. Welcome any feedback or ideas.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-printed-cannon-#post-6080803

#2856 3 years ago

I wonder if Stern will do one last 'special edition' to celebrate the success of this pin?

Might get a final update if so.

Every time I get close to 6 songs, I can't help wishing we get something for getting half way.

And it was ages ago, someone said Lyman had actually programmed something!

I guess only time will tell.

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I wonder if Stern will do one last 'special edition' to celebrate the success of this pin?
Might get a final update if so.
Every time I get close to 6 songs, I can't help wishing we get something for getting half way.
And it was ages ago, someone said Lyman had actually programmed something!
I guess only time will tell.

If they do, hopefully they will support the rare 12" cabinet driver! The PinWoofer system rocks...

IMG_3153 (resized).jpegIMG_3153 (resized).jpeg
#2858 3 years ago

Can anyone chime in about the bell? (bad pun, sorry)

My bell swings like a motherfucker when hit, and takes forever to slow down enough to allow another hit to register a bell shot.

This kills the multiplier time, making it nearly impossible to extend the timer or ever reach 3X.

99% of shots to the wildly swinging bell do not register, so I have to wait until it is almost stopped if I expect to score another bell hit.

I don't remember it always swinging so much.

I'm wondering if this is normal or if it's a known issue. I've done a full reset, and I've got the latest code.

Any suggestions?

#2859 3 years ago

It's normal as far as I know. I've always had the same issue. If you hit it hard, it swings forever.

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It's normal as far as I know. I've always had the same issue. If you hit it hard, it swings forever.

I just remember it being much easier to reach 2x or 3x. I also kind of remember it being that sometimes the magnet appeared to reduce the swinging which I NEVER see anymore.

If this is normal, has anyone modified it so it wouldn't take so long to slow down? It would certainly be better if the multiplier scoring was slightly more attainable when you hit the bell. Is it possible to increase the swing friction?

#2861 3 years ago

I know in my case the magnet is working during hells bells.

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I just remember it being much easier to reach 2x or 3x. I also kind of remember it being that sometimes the magnet appeared to reduce the swinging which I NEVER see anymore.
If this is normal, has anyone modified it so it wouldn't take so long to slow down? It would certainly be better if the multiplier scoring was slightly more attainable when you hit the bell. Is it possible to increase the swing friction?

I am experimenting with 2 hits on the bell, instead of 3 to get multiplier.

Makes the game even more frantic as so tempting to go for the bell, when multiplier is always so close.

Bigger SJ's which is fun as well.

No easier to get to Encore though!

#2863 3 years ago

Make sure the magnet under the bell is working in test.

#2864 3 years ago

Also helps to slow a swinging bell if you push the machine when the bell swings towards you.

3 weeks later
#2865 3 years ago

I’m having an issue keeping the flasher bulbs in the center and left lightning bolt sockets during play. They simply pop out during play and roll down the pf. The right one stays in. I’ve tried closing the wire tabs in the socket to snug the bulbs, and also different bulbs, but neither worked. Any suggestions besides hot glue. Thanks!

3C804148-61CB-4CDF-BA67-EF67684B859E (resized).jpeg3C804148-61CB-4CDF-BA67-EF67684B859E (resized).jpeg8D43CD29-6895-40DE-B389-5EB54CE5EDDD (resized).jpeg8D43CD29-6895-40DE-B389-5EB54CE5EDDD (resized).jpeg
#2866 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I’m having an issue keeping the flasher bulbs in the center and left lightning bolt sockets during play. They simply pop out during play and roll down the pf. The right one stays in. I’ve tried closing the wire tabs in the socket to snug the bulbs, and also different bulbs, but neither worked. Any suggestions besides hot glue. Thanks!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Upgrading the lightning bolts to the built in flashers is an awesome mod and will solve your problem.
Why not use hot glue, its a great temporary solution, its sticks well enough to keep the bulb in but you can easily pick it off when you need too.

#2867 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I use a small dab of black RTV silicone. Problem solved.

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I've used clear double sided tape in the past and its worked well.

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

My bell swings like a motherfucker when hit

Mine does too and I always felt this happened when they nerfed hells bells which was a good change.

I used to get 3x and don’t anymore and haven’t seen a 150mil plus jackpot in a while.

Magnet works in test and bell swings like crazy especially if you hit it while swinging. I’ve meant to check if there is a switch not working but haven’t yet.

If there ever was a new fantasy code update I’ve always wanted the bell hole to register a hit as it’s worthless for 11 songs

#2870 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Upgrading the lightning bolts to the built in flashers is an awesome mod and will solve your problem.
Why not use hot glue, its a great temporary solution, its sticks well enough to keep the bulb in but you can easily pick it off when you need too.

+1.
Hooked's lightening bolts are awesome. Otherwise/and I would just dap hot glue in there.

#2871 3 years ago

I had a bunch of lower bulbs that constantly fell out. I tried all the tricks also to no avail. A small dab of hot glue from putting a lighter under the glue stick was the answer. It peels off quite easily and in one piece if you ever need to remove it. Just don't cram it between the bulb and holder.

#2872 3 years ago

this is the last piece stainless steel speaker panel for the AC DC classic cab.

if you are interested send me a PM

155$ shipped to usa

DE3FB45D-A918-44C6-B4D2-DA4FF26AE312 (resized).jpegDE3FB45D-A918-44C6-B4D2-DA4FF26AE312 (resized).jpeg
#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

this is the last piece stainless steel speaker panel for the AC DC classic cab.
if you are interested send me a PM
155$ shipped to usa[quoted image]

Can you add a pic of it installed with lighting?

#2874 3 years ago

here

with EL paper

187377d89ad1ba06d2bee582a39e3f83d830d944 (resized).jpg187377d89ad1ba06d2bee582a39e3f83d830d944 (resized).jpg
#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I had a bunch of lower bulbs that constantly fell out. I tried all the tricks also to no avail. A small dab of hot glue from putting a lighter under the glue stick was the answer. It peels off quite easily and in one piece if you ever need to remove it. Just don't cram it between the bulb and holder.

You tried the electrical tape trick and it didn't work?

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Problem solved:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

#2877 3 years ago

Well this has me stumped. Premium Vault. Occasionally, on the lower playfield during “Hell” songs, the ball kicker fires continuously, and the left and right roll over switches do not register when hit. I’ve checked the roll over switches manually by removing the lower pf lens and they test fine in Diagnostic. Thanks for suggestions!

#2878 3 years ago

Your issue is the kicker. The switches aren’t working because the kicker when it fires turns them off for a second.

Need to concentrate on the switch at the kicker. It most likely needs adjustment or the opto cleaned if it’s an opto. Possibly replaced.

#2879 3 years ago

I wonder what this topper is worth on the market now that topper prices have officially gone nuts?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-matt-mckee-acdc-topper-350-including-shipping

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wonder what this topper is worth on the market now that topper prices have officially gone nuts?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-matt-mckee-acdc-topper-350-including-shipping

Let me know, I have one

#2881 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your issue is the kicker. The switches aren’t working because the kicker when it fires turns them off for a second.
Need to concentrate on the switch at the kicker. It most likely needs adjustment or the opto cleaned if it’s an opto. Possibly replaced.

Update on Vault lower PF issue. Marked eleven connectors, and removed four screws, and PF comes right off. Removed and cleaned the optos. Put it all back together and works great. Issue solved. Thanks!

F1213DF5-1FC6-495E-BB37-8060BA210EF5 (resized).jpegF1213DF5-1FC6-495E-BB37-8060BA210EF5 (resized).jpegF59A4C5A-A2AD-4B68-AEF7-859FA9D34203 (resized).jpegF59A4C5A-A2AD-4B68-AEF7-859FA9D34203 (resized).jpeg
#2882 3 years ago

i have 1 AC DC stainless steel panel in stock

was reserved but never payed

normal price 160$

will sale it for 140$ incl. shipping to USA its for the classic cabinet

187377d89ad1ba06d2bee582a39e3f83d830d944 (resized).jpg187377d89ad1ba06d2bee582a39e3f83d830d944 (resized).jpg
#2883 3 years ago

Anyone else seen an issues with an AC/DC Premium where game shuts off in the middle of play, the ball drains, and then it turns right back on.
Like it picks up where it left off, score, ball count and everything.
Very frustrating.

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Anyone else seen an issues with an AC/DC Premium where game shuts off in the middle of play, the ball drains, and then it turns right back on.
Very frustrating.

Don’t remember seeing a newer game do that. I have seen plenty of older ones,though. The usual is a loose plugin around the CPU. I would reseat it to start with. If you have moved your game recently, they could be loose.

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Very frustrating.

Check your trough connections. It could be that the game believes that your ball has drained

#2886 3 years ago

Thanks Guys - Will check out CPU and trough connections.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Check your trough connections. It could be that the game believes that your ball has drained

There is an opto board in the trough that I had problems with.
During multiball, the machine would loose track of how many balls were in the trough and end while a ball was still in play.
Replacing those opto boards in the trough corrected my problem.
See this thread for more info...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-acdc-ball-ends-while-ball-still-in-play

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Very frustrating.

When you say, game shuts off....do you mean like flipping the power button? If that is the case, I would ask if you have any power hungry mods that could be tripping a low voltage watchdog (if such a thing exists on SAM?)

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Don’t remember seeing a newer game do that. I have seen plenty of older ones,though. The usual is a loose plugin around the CPU. I would reseat it to start with. If you have moved your game recently, they could be loose.

try bending door switch bracket forward, the one that has the white button when you close the door. happens on alot of sterns.

#2890 3 years ago
Quoted from toddharper:

Very frustrating.

try opening coin door and bend bracket that has the white button forward towards the door, also spray some cleaner on switch if its just resetting.

#2891 3 years ago

Quick question... When going into the Utility Menu and selecting Time, then entering month, day and time (which I have done). Is there another setting for me
to be able to see the date/time displayed in the DMD during attract mode, or is this setting strictly for 'Data Dumps' and Tournament play? Perhaps I'm over looking another setting in the manual for it to be displayed.

Thanks in advance!

#2892 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Quick question... When going into the Utility Menu and selecting Time, then entering month, day and time (which I have done). Is there another setting for me
to be able to see the date/time displayed in the DMD during attract mode, or is this setting strictly for 'Data Dumps' and Tournament play? Perhaps I'm over looking another setting in the manual for it to be displayed.
Thanks in advance!

no way to display that like you are trying to do.

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

Thanks in advance!

There is an option to enter a personal message that displays during attract mode, but as far as I know, it will not display the time.

#2894 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

no way to display that like you are trying to do.

Quoted from Dent00:

There is an option to enter a personal message that displays during attract mode, but as far as I know, it will not display the time.

That's what I thought. Thank you both for confirming!

1 week later
#2895 3 years ago

i have this new stainless steel panel in stock for the AC DC classic cabinet

$ 140,- shipped

1 week later
#2896 3 years ago

Simply Stunning

3 weeks later
#2897 2 years ago

Some song replacements, a band replacement, and a flame topper. I'll probably light the topper with pulsing red led strip. I also put a red Glo ball in the lower playfield.

I have the Luci VE, which has the removable Hell clear cover with flathead screws. I'll be getting those powder coated black.

20210426_185402 (resized).jpg20210426_185402 (resized).jpg20210427_071643 (resized).jpg20210427_071643 (resized).jpg
#2899 2 years ago

Hi guys! I'm super late to the party, but I just traded for a super clean AC/DC 2018 Luci re-issue. Everything works flawlessly but I need a quick assist on two things.

1 - What can I use to VERY slightly raise the lower playfield glass so that it's flush? It has a small lip that definitely changes the trajectory of the ball.

2- Does anyone know what powdercoat / color Stern used for these? My side armor has a small chip out of it so I want to take it to the folks who have done my other pins and have it re-finished.

Other than that, it has the big topper with the bells and logo / horns, some minor playfield mods and the latest code. In 9.5/10 condition easily. Just needs to be played

Thank you!

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Hi guys! I'm super late to the party, but I just traded for a super clean AC/DC 2018 Luci re-issue. Everything works flawlessly but I need a quick assist on two things.
1 - What can I use to VERY slightly raise the lower playfield glass so that it's flush? It has a small lip that definitely changes the trajectory of the ball.
2- Does anyone know what powdercoat / color Stern used for these? My side armor has a small chip out of it so I want to take it to the folks who have done my other pins and have it re-finished.
Other than that, it has the big topper with the bells and logo / horns, some minor playfield mods and the latest code. In 9.5/10 condition easily. Just needs to be played
Thank you!

Obligatory “I’m new here” photo.

278CA968-1DEE-4AD1-9590-9900C99C17C8 (resized).jpeg278CA968-1DEE-4AD1-9590-9900C99C17C8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.