20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.
#2751 3 years ago

Any help appreciated , this board beneath this doesn't work any suggestions.

lucipf~2 (resized).pnglucipf~2 (resized).png
#2752 3 years ago

I should of said the LEDs on the board do not work.

lucipf~2 (resized).pnglucipf~2 (resized).png
#2753 3 years ago

I am considering selling / trading my AC/DC premium vault, and a prospective buyer asked for the number of balls / games played.

I turned on the pin and looked - and all the standard audits with the exception of average score are showing zero. I went to play a game to see if it would increment, and it was no longer on free play. It appears it was reset. I put it back on free play, played a game, and looked again at the audits.. and they’re still zero.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? I haven’t installed software on it in a very long time. We did have a nasty storm last week, but all my pins are on UPSs and I turn those off during major storms. The pin otherwise plays just fine, and none of my other pins are showing any issues.

My next move it to perform a full reset, and reload the software if that doesn’t work.

#2754 3 years ago

The settings aren’t persistent, they can be reset to zero any time, so there’s really no way to know how many games have been played unless you kept track.

#2755 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

The settings aren’t persistent, they can be reset to zero any time, so there’s really no way to know how many games have been played unless you kept track.

That’s not the issue. I didn’t reset the counters and they’re zero. I can play a game and they still show zero.

#2756 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

That’s not the issue. I didn’t reset the counters and they’re zero. I can play a game and they still show zero.

I wonder if the battery needs to be replaced...

#2757 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I wonder if the battery needs to be replaced...

Cheap fix and easy to try and see if it works.

#2758 3 years ago

Pin is only 3 years old, but worth checking. Although it kept the high scores...

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Pin is only 3 years old, but worth checking. Although it kept the high scores...

Let him know it is NOB. Zero plays!

LOL

#2760 3 years ago

Scored a premium ..

0720201247c_HDR (resized).jpg0720201247c_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200727_145112_955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200727_145112_955 (resized).jpg
#2761 3 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Scored a premium ..

Nice Premium - congrats!

27fo1v.gif27fo1v.gif

#2762 3 years ago

Would like to thank Stern Tech Support for helping me out with my AC/DC PremiumLE issue.

#2763 3 years ago

One question, maybe you have the same "issue", when i play the game i find the music sometimes a bit low, ive already try diferent configurations on settings but none seem to work 100%, what settings you have on yours.

Ac/cd prem with last update rom.
Thanks

#2764 3 years ago

I have an AC/DC Premium LE the Flames would not work on right side of game by top of right ramp it is a Part#520-5332-00 Flame PCB. bought game second hand it didnt work talked to Stern Tech support to see what ran board because part is not in playfield parts list, they where a big help in troubleshooting, but eventually found out it could not had been wired for power from factory what do you guys think. see attached photo-Top connector red wire 5V to PCB Flame Board,bottom connector is supposed to be 5V from J16 #8 I/O Board. No 5V wire anywhere from I/O board. Thoughts anyone.

IMG_20200728_182130525_3 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_182130525_3 (resized).jpg

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrocker:

I have an AC/DC Premium LE the Flames would not work on right side of game by top of right ramp it is a Part#520-5332-00 Flame PCB. bought game second hand it didnt work talked to Stern Tech support to see what ran board because part is not in playfield parts list, they where a big help in troubleshooting, but eventually found out it could not had been wired for power from factory what do you guys think. see attached photo-Top connector red wire 5V to PCB Flame Board,bottom connector is supposed to be 5V from J16 #8 I/O Board. No 5V wire anywhere from I/O board. Thoughts anyone.
[quoted image]

Curiosity got me. So I looked at my connector. I think this is the correct connector and mine has the power wire on both sides. It does look like yours is not correct.

Edit: I own a Luci Premium vault.

171FFFDD-7286-42F9-B829-8F1769E1298F (resized).jpeg171FFFDD-7286-42F9-B829-8F1769E1298F (resized).jpeg

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from pinrocker:

have an AC/DC Premium LE the Flames would not work on right side of game by top of right ramp it is a Part#520-5332-00 Flame PCB. bought game second hand it didnt work talked to Stern Tech support to see what ran board because part is not in playfield parts list, they where a big help in troubleshooting, but eventually found out it could not had been wired for power from factory what do you guys think. see attached photo-Top connector red wire 5V to PCB Flame Board,bottom connector is supposed to be 5V from J16 #8 I/O Board. No 5V wire anywhere from I/O board. Thoughts anyone.

Wow, looks like whoever made that wire loom at the factory forgot the kind of important red wire. That LED flame board could never have worked. I think you're going to have to get a spool of red wire and run that wire yourself.

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Wow, looks like whoever made that wire loom at the factory forgot the kind of important red wire. That LED flame board could never have worked. I think you're going to have to get a spool of red wire and run that wire yourself.

That is what I was thinking. He could run the wire and get it working.

#2768 3 years ago

Yes I ran the wire it works now. I Picked up the voltage off a connector below the cabinet that ohmed out back to the J16 #8 pin on I/O board.

#2769 3 years ago

Talking to a friend about the need to have a break/reward on the way to encore.

After 6 songs, how about an upstairs/downstairs MB?

Complete it by getting SJ and you get a 3 song turbo boost???

At the moment still hoping for Oi Mania fix, but still hoping for more

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Talking to a friend about the need to have a break/reward on the way to encore.
After 6 songs, how about an upstairs/downstairs MB?
Complete it by getting SJ and you get a 3 song turbo boost???
At the moment still hoping for Oi Mania fix, but still hoping for more

Maybe someone can work on this, looks like we can wait for too looonnggg

#2771 3 years ago

Ok anyone know what runs the kick out LEDs on a AC/Dc Premium LE

IMG_20200731_164037871~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20200731_164037871~2 (resized).jpg
#2772 3 years ago

Hey fellas was hoping to get some little help/advice I have a AcDc vault Luci and wanted to get a color DMD just not sure what’s the difference And which is the right one to purchase I seen colordmd has different kits/version.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-ac-dc-pinball-machine/

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-ac-dc-pinball-machine/

Help would be appreciated

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hey fellas was hoping to get some little help/advice I have a AcDc vault Luci and wanted to get a color DMD just not sure what’s the difference And which is the right one to purchase I seen colordmd has different kits/version.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-ac-dc-pinball-machine/
http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-for-ac-dc-pinball-machine/
Help would be appreciated

I would also like to know more about them. Hopefully someone who owns them will reply.

I would like to know whether people prefer the DMD over the LED or vice versa and why.

#2774 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

nd which is the right one to purchase I seen colordmd has different kits/version.

There are people that like LCD and people who like LED. I like LCD better. Originally it had to do the the dot interpolation options the LCD had but LED may do that by now.

Check out the interpolation and also search for this topic or try this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-lcd-versus-led

As for the different kits, I have a 2012 Premium and it didn't need the standoff kit for the metal speaker panel but my 2015 MET needed it. I dont know what the vaults have but I would guess the metal speaker panel therefore you would need that kit.

The display itself can be swapped between games and if you have the correct connectors and can move between Bally/Williams and Stern. have not tried others.

#2775 3 years ago

I put in the LED from Color DMD on my Premium LE, I like it but its all personal preferenceI'll get some pics and put them on here.

#2776 3 years ago

I've put LCD's in all my games including AC/DC.

LEDs give off a sharper and brighter light - just like the name Since its using individual tiny LED's, the resolution is slightly lower. Its a brighter look. For example its like using LED's as opposed to incandescent bulbs on your playfield.

The LCD is a small monitor that is mimicking a DMD. The LCD has the same resolution as the original DMD.

From memory, the LCD version has several modes to pick from like mono chrome including original, hi res and color. It gives you the most original look with additional features.

#2777 3 years ago

I also have an LED ColorDMD. I am satisfied with it. The main improvement with the LCD would be on smoother animations. However, the thing is, when you are playing the game, you don't really have much time to watch animations anyway. Every microsecond is consumed with trying to keep the ball in play, hit ramps and such, so there is not a lot of "free time" to watch details on animations. For this reason, I got the LED. I also have to say, that some of the color screens appear very clear and precise and some others appear more pixelated. The colors are very vivid and bright, so I am satisfied with the LED. It definitely is a big improvement over the all red DMD and should have been a part of the machine from the start, in my opinion.

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I also have an LED ColorDMD. I am satisfied with it. The main improvement with the LCD would be on smoother animations. However, the thing is, when you are playing the game, you don't really have much time to watch animations anyway. Every microsecond is consumed with trying to keep the ball in play, hit ramps and such, so there is not a lot of "free time" to watch details on animations. For this reason, I got the LED. I also have to say, that some of the color screens appear very clear and precise and some others appear more pixelated. The colors are very vivid and bright, so I am satisfied with the LED. It definitely is a big improvement over the all red DMD and should have been a part of the machine from the start, in my opinion.

I also put the no glare film on mine I believe helped quite a bit.

2 weeks later
#2779 3 years ago

I have a BIBLE with a somewhat foggy window (not terrible but I want a crystal clear window). I reached out to Stern to discuss options but they quickly directed me back to my distributor. My distributor is one of the best in the business but it appears even he is struggling to get an answer from Stern. I fully realize the ship sailed many moons ago with respect to LE replacement playfields. However, I am just hoping to get a premium playfield replacement (even with the new window design). I was very "clear" with Stern that I would pay for the replacement and do the swap. I can't believe it is this difficult to get a replacement playfield. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations.

Note, I did notice Marco Specialties has a premium playfield, window, and window bracket. Are all of these parts compatible? Also, other than the signature, is the LE identical to the premium playfield? Thanks for any/all help.

#2780 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I have a BIBLE with a somewhat foggy window (not terrible but I want a crystal clear window). I reached out to Stern to discuss options but they quickly directed me back to my distributor. My distributor is one of the best in the business but it appears even he is struggling to get an answer from Stern. I fully realize the ship sailed many moons ago with respect to LE replacement playfields. However, I am just hoping to get a premium playfield replacement (even with the new window design). I was very "clear" with Stern that I would pay for the replacement and do the swap. I can't believe it is this difficult to get a replacement playfield. Just curious if anyone has any recommendations.
Note, I did notice Marco Specialties has a premium playfield, window, and window bracket. Are all of these parts compatible? Also, other than the signature, is the LE identical to the premium playfield? Thanks for any/all help.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/830-5100-C7

This looks like an original playfield?

#2781 3 years ago

I think so??? If true, the window is part of the playfield? Is the removable window only compatible with newer playfields???

#2782 3 years ago

The removable window started with the vaults. In the original games like your BIBLE, the window is under the clearcoat and not replaceable. I think it looks better, but if you have problems like the cloudiness or scratches it's a lot harder to fix than swapping it out for a new one!

#2783 3 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

The removable window started with the vaults. In the original games like your BIBLE, the window is under the clearcoat and not replaceable. I think it looks better, but if you have problems like the cloudiness or scratches it's a lot harder to fix than swapping it out for a new one!

I'm hesitant to buy the old style playfield from Marco as I could end up in the exact same place as I am now (with a foggy window). Hmmmm.....

1 month later
#2784 3 years ago

Joined the Club a copy weeks ago with a Lucy Premium/LE. Very nice condition. Had a small problem with drain optic, but easy fix. Looking for a Helena Translite for it. Also wondering if there is a list of orginally upgrades, just dont know what parts of mine are mods or oem.
Thanks

#2785 3 years ago

Unfortunately leaving the club. A few people are interested in the Helen translite and I could use the Color DMD so I could definitely knock some money off it if you didn't want those things.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/103175

1 week later
#2786 3 years ago

Got one for sale:

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Low plays, Exceptionally beautiful AC/DC Premium (I am 1st owner). I have the invoice, manual stapled in machine, goodie bag stapled inside, etc. See documents in pictures. (I...”
2020-10-10
Saukville, WI
7,250 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 852 times

#2787 3 years ago

Hey guy! Just got a Premium Vault Edition in immaculate condition! It came with an LE topper and I can’t find installation instructions anywhere. Any suggestions?

152A38A0-969A-4C6C-996A-923ABCBE35CE (resized).jpeg152A38A0-969A-4C6C-996A-923ABCBE35CE (resized).jpegCBB84CCE-5388-45EF-913B-BD904C4EC9A8 (resized).jpegCBB84CCE-5388-45EF-913B-BD904C4EC9A8 (resized).jpeg
#2788 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Hey guy! Just got a Premium Vault Edition in immaculate condition! It came with an LE topper and I can’t find installation instructions anywhere. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You’ll need something like this: https://www.amazon.com/BZONE-Controller-DC5-28V-Control-Compatible/dp/B08B112LN9/ref=sr_1_3_sspa

FYI. I don’t think this link includes the power supply.

#2789 3 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You’ll need something like this: amazon.com link »
FYI. I don’t think this link includes the power supply.

Aha! I was hoping it was a direct plug-in to a board.

#2790 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “2 spare wheels for Back Alley Creations Cannon. These wheels often get damaged. Also, probably can go on the plastic toy cannon too (my guess). $5 shipping in USA”
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 33 days
Viewed: 257 times

#2791 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Bought as spare to replace mine some day. Sold game so I do not need. Purchased from Pinballlife.com for $80. Shipping is $5 in USA”
2020-10-19
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 117 times

#2792 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “This came of my new game and I replaced with mod. Basically brand new. Original mounting screws come with it. Also, including shooter spring and buttons that came off the machin...”
2020-11-30
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 177 times

#2793 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “New, never installed, sold game. Sells normally for $30. I attached other people’s pictures to show where it goes. Shipping is $5.”
2020-11-30
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 285 times

#2794 3 years ago

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Taken off of new machine and put in storage. Mods went in the place of these original parts. Normally $50 from pinball life. $10 shipping in USA”
2021-02-22
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 17 days
Viewed: 368 times

#2796 3 years ago

Interesting. Noticed when any song with “Hell” in the title is selected at the beginning, (which lights up the lower playfield in red), also lights up the lower "C" of the AC/DC left bank drop targets in red. No Hell, no red C...Premium Vault Edition

1AC3FA76-54F1-4AE9-92EA-CF18B065B287 (resized).jpeg1AC3FA76-54F1-4AE9-92EA-CF18B065B287 (resized).jpegC12DE663-AF97-4322-AC74-B38470308507 (resized).jpegC12DE663-AF97-4322-AC74-B38470308507 (resized).jpegF291BB73-EA05-4E84-BA8F-C5E80A2950C2 (resized).jpegF291BB73-EA05-4E84-BA8F-C5E80A2950C2 (resized).jpeg
#2798 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Interesting. Noticed when any song with “Hell” in the title is selected at the beginning, (which lights up the lower playfield in red), also lights up the lower "C" of the AC/DC left bank drop targets in red. No Hell, no red C...Premium Vault Edition
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You just need to adjust the LEDs that surround the lower playfield. They are tilted to the side over there and causing the light to bleed into that insert.

1 week later
#2799 3 years ago

Found the culprit of lower LED GI Flicker, crispy connector. I can replace with what is there or go with a 2 connection molex connector. Any benefit of one over the other? If Molex, should I go with a 3 connection and leave the center one as a space or will 2 suffice?

6C053111-1548-4396-9D9B-3BA940440B4B (resized).jpeg6C053111-1548-4396-9D9B-3BA940440B4B (resized).jpeg
#2800 3 years ago

I notice that sometimes while in jam MB and thunderstruck, some of the TNT lights flicker slightly.

Very intermittent.

Maybe at other times but no pattern.

Any causes?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/56?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.