New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 86651)

AC/DC Premium/LE club

By MMforever

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,797 posts
  • 330 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by seah2os
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 555 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F291BB73-EA05-4E84-BA8F-C5E80A2950C2 (resized).jpeg
1AC3FA76-54F1-4AE9-92EA-CF18B065B287 (resized).jpeg
C12DE663-AF97-4322-AC74-B38470308507 (resized).jpeg
152A38A0-969A-4C6C-996A-923ABCBE35CE (resized).jpeg
CBB84CCE-5388-45EF-913B-BD904C4EC9A8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200731_164037871~2 (resized).jpg
171FFFDD-7286-42F9-B829-8F1769E1298F (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200728_182130525_3 (resized).jpg
27fo1v.gif
IMG_20200727_145112_955 (resized).jpg
0720201247c_HDR (resized).jpg
lucipf~2 (resized).png
lucipf~2 (resized).png
C03BD7C9-0D83-4E76-B447-40F3219F5D94 (resized).jpeg
F8F3BC8F-21A1-441A-A65E-4B963F05F079 (resized).jpeg
EE5C0E18-370C-496E-88E3-ACD52F2AEF64 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2797 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.
#2701 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The best thing to do is to double up on each side. That way it’s two rings stacked up taking the brunt of the balls force and not one. They last way longer.

Those rubbers were breaking quickly on mine (even Titans) so I went up a size on those two rings. Haven’t broken one since.

#2702 3 months ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

Those rubbers were breaking quickly on mine (even Titans) so I went up a size on those two rings. Haven’t broken one since.

That’s solid too. The looser the ring the less prone they are to breakage.

#2703 3 months ago

Me again.

Can anyone post a quick pic of this area please? Something isn’t quite right here on my game...

E2A8DA8E-8C13-4634-96B1-1CD6789CE31D (resized).jpeg
#2704 3 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Me again.
Can anyone post a quick pic of this area please? Something isn’t quite right here on my game...[quoted image]

Here you go...looks like some parts are in the wrong place.

C9045592-83B5-453B-AF40-150022C546C8 (resized).jpeg
#2705 3 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Here you go...looks like some parts are in the wrong place.
[quoted image]

Thank you.

Yes, looks like stuff wasn’t refitted properly after installing that yellow plastic layer.

#2706 3 months ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Thank you.
Yes, looks like stuff wasn’t refitted properly after installing that yellow plastic layer.

You are welcome. If you need any other pics, just let me know. My machine is still stock and I have not had to take much of anything apart since I purchased it. So it should be put together correctly.

#2707 3 months ago

Anyone here like to share a link of patched 1.70 code for mike D mod please?

#2708 3 months ago

Any of you guys out there have this and know how it wires or voltage, wasnt hooked up when I got machine and no connector on it.

dynamite (resized).jpg
#2709 3 months ago

Joined the Club.

IMG_20200704_180002185 (1) (resized).jpg
#2710 3 months ago

Why is this there when you can not change it?

DSC_0005 (resized).JPG
#2711 3 months ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Why is this there when you can not change it? [quoted image]

Yes you can. Start the radio in attract mode and hold one of the flippers I think. Changes the songs to live instead of studio. Attract mode only.

#2712 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes you can. Start the radio in attract mode and hold one of the flippers I think. Changes the songs to live instead of studio. Attract mode only.

I think you hit the fire button to hear the live versions...

#2714 3 months ago

I know that i can change it in the jukebox mode, but i would like the live Music when I play the game. Is this possible?

#2715 3 months ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I know that i can change it in the jukebox mode, but i would like the live Music when I play the game. Is this possible?

No

#2716 3 months ago

Ok

#2717 3 months ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Back when the game came out Lyman was setting this up to play live versions as well.
But Lyman had to move to the next game and it was never finished.

#2718 3 months ago
Quoted from Toads:

Back when the game came out Lyman was setting this up to play live versions as well.
But Lyman had to move to the next game and it was never finished.

Then I hope Lyman get to finish it some day because I really like the live music.

#2719 3 months ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Then I hope Lyman get to finish it some day because I really like the live music.

Me too.

#2720 3 months ago

What size speakers are in a AC DC Luci, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

#2721 3 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Original or vault? I think the ones in the Luci vault are just whatever normal speakers Stern uses these days, but IIRC the originals had at least a larger sub...

#2722 3 months ago
Quoted from Toucanf16:

Here are pics of the manual for my Luci.

According to the manual, they are 4” and 8”.

C03BD7C9-0D83-4E76-B447-40F3219F5D94 (resized).jpegEE5C0E18-370C-496E-88E3-ACD52F2AEF64 (resized).jpegF8F3BC8F-21A1-441A-A65E-4B963F05F079 (resized).jpeg
#2723 3 months ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Here are pics of the manual for my Luci.
According to the manual, they are 4” and 8”.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thx. I don’t have access to the pin and am thinking of getting a PinWoofer kit.

#2724 3 months ago

I’m interested in looking for a Luci vault what’s the going rate on these so I can have a idea if one comes up
Thanks

#2725 3 months ago

How many PinballMikeD AC/DC mods were made?

#2726 3 months ago

I reached Oi Mania last night. I then forced myself to exclaim "Oi!" every time I hit a switch for the next 30 seconds. It would be so much easier for the machine to do it for me.

#2727 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I reached Oi Mania last night. I then forced myself to exclaim "Oi!" every time I hit a switch for the next 30 seconds. It would be so much easier for the machine to do it for me.

I missed the boat on Oi Mania. How do you reach it?

#2728 3 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I missed the boat on Oi Mania. How do you reach it?

Oi Mania is buried pretty deep in the "Tunes N Stuff" awards that are given out for completing the 3 Devil Horn insert shots which lights the Tunes N Stuff award insert at the Juke Box saucer/scoop at the rear of the playfield. I can't remember how deep it is, but it's gotta be at least 6 or 7 awards deep. There's probably a list somewhere. The awards start with Hold Bonus and are linear, so you go through them in the same order each time.

#2729 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

i'm not good enough to get to Oi Mania, but it's pretty ridiculous that they let that slip through testing.

#2730 3 months ago
Quoted from jester523:

i'm not good enough to get to Oi Mania, but it's pretty ridiculous that they let that slip through testing.

Actually, it's not a mistake from my understanding. It's one of the few bits of incomplete code on the game. I think Lyman plans on getting back to it sometime and completing it. Lyman, are you open to bribes?

#2731 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Actually, it's not a mistake from my understanding. It's one of the few bits of incomplete code on the game. I think Lyman plans on getting back to it sometime and completing it. Lyman, are you open to bribes?

The state of the code behind it is irrelevant. The fact that it was included in the Stuff awards and it does nothing makes it a bug. QA should have caught that.

#2732 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Oi Mania is buried pretty deep in the "Tunes N Stuff" awards that are given out for completing the 3 Devil Horn insert shots which lights the Tunes N Stuff award insert at the Juke Box saucer/scoop at the rear of the playfield. I can't remember how deep it is, but it's gotta be at least 6 or 7 awards deep. There's probably a list somewhere. The awards start with Hold Bonus and are linear, so you go through them in the same order each time.

When/if it gets fixed, it would be nice if awards were awarded randomly, as Oi Mania sounds like it will be a blast.

#2733 3 months ago

I'll probably get flamed for this, but is there a way to disable the lower playfield? I didn't see anything in the manual. I probably should have gotten a Pro and saved some money, I got this one in a trade. I just can't stand the lower playfield, or almost any mini playfield for that matter.

#2734 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'll probably get flamed for this, but is there a way to disable the lower playfield? I didn't see anything in the manual. I probably should have gotten a Pro and saved some money, I got this one in a trade. I just can't stand the lower playfield, or almost any mini playfield for that matter.

You can avoid picking the 3 "hell" songs... Those are the only modes that use the lower playfield.
Hell's Bells, Highway to Hell and one other song with the word "hell" that I cannot recall from memory.

#2735 3 months ago

AC/DC Pinball Set list

Back In Black
You Shook Me All Night Long
Highway To Hell
For Those About To Rock
T.N.T
Hells Bells
Thunderstruck
Let There Be Rock
Rock ‘N’ Roll Train
Hell Ain’t A Bad Place To Be
Whole Lotta Rosie
War Machine

I'm surprised the crowd did not put a crack in the planet at this event !

My preferred version

Raw and heavy, The Legend Bon Scott !

#2736 3 months ago
Quoted from Dent00:

You can avoid picking the 3 "hell" songs... Those are the only modes that use the lower playfield.
Hell's Bells, Highway to Hell and one other song with the word "hell" that I cannot recall from memory.

This is exactly what I've been doing, it's just a shame I'm missing those songs.

#2737 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

This is exactly what I've been doing, it's just a shame I'm missing those songs.

Have you thought about posting the game for a trade with a Pro owner (plus some cash on the Pro owner's end) who might want to try the lower playfield?

#2738 3 months ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I don't like playing the lower playfield much either. Looks cool though, and the drop targets are worth the premium price for me. That might sound kind of crazy though.

#2739 3 months ago
Quoted from jester523:

I don't like playing the lower playfield much either. Looks cool though, and the drop targets are worth the premium price for me. That might sound kind of crazy though.

Having owned the premium, i really enjoy the gameplay of standup targets in this game. That said, isn’t there a setting to disable the lower playfield and/or can you just remove the ball from the lower pf and the game will auto disable?

#2740 3 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Having owned the premium, i really enjoy the gameplay of standup targets in this game. That said, isn’t there a setting to disable the lower playfield and/or can you just remove the ball from the lower pf and the game will auto disable?

I just looked through all the options/settings of my Luci VE and I didn't see an option to disable the lower playfield. Not that I would, as I like it, but I'm surprised that apparently this option is not in there.

#2741 3 months ago

Not in the feature adjustments either? That’s surprising.

#2742 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not in the feature adjustments either? That’s surprising.

I looked in both the ACDC specific adjustments as well as the standard Stern adjustments. I wouldn't mind someone double checking me to ensure I'm not incorrect. I find this surprising as well.

#2743 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I looked in both the ACDC specific adjustments as well as the standard Stern adjustments. I wouldn't mind someone double checking me to ensure I'm not incorrect. I find this surprising as well.

I wonder if the ball trick will work?

#2744 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wonder if the ball trick will work?

Good question. Somebody try it! I would think somebody shopped their lower playfield and accidentally forgot to put the ball in when they remounted it and fired up a game. Where's that guy? LOL

#2745 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Good question. Somebody try it! I would think somebody shopped their lower playfield and accidentally forgot to put the ball in when they remounted it and fired up a game. Where's that guy? LOL

Would be worth trying. My guess (admittedly, as someone who bought a NIB Pro Vault because a) no lower field I dislike, b) no angus face, and c) nice improved swinging bell), I bet it will error out and flash that it needs a ball on the DMD and won’t start a new game.

#2746 3 months ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Would be worth trying. My guess (admittedly, as someone who bought a NIB Pro Vault because a) no lower field I dislike, b) no angus face, and c) nice improved swinging bell), I bet it will error out and flash that it needs a ball on the DMD and won’t start a new game.

If I was betting, that would be my bet.

#2747 3 months ago

It's interesting how the code updates have eliminated the need for the lower playfield. At league when it came out many would play highway get 2x going get to the lower playfield to crank up song jackpot and boom 15-20 million to start. Then highway was nerfed and hells bells became the song then an update removed the Vip bell hit and now lots of different song strategies but few that use lower playfield

I imagine you could just disconnect the lower playfield but haven't tried myself.

#2748 3 months ago

Sounds like Lyman is slacking!!!

Give these prem/LE guys the ability to disable lower playfield and give me my Oii mania and encore speed run

#2749 3 months ago
Quoted from Olaa:

We need some modes, and a mini wizard, that would be great...

#2750 3 months ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Unplugging the switch cable might be easier but I think its an opto so that might not work.
Edit: just took the glass off, and started a game with the playfield up and the LP ball rolled out of the switch but it still wanted to play HAABPTB anyway, with the LP flippers working, so good idea but no dice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
College Park, MD
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 2797 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 56.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside