20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 67.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How about the loud explosion and massive font with your score only on the screen? It’s pretty hard to miss currently. Haha

Well, somehow I have missed that every time!

So, there is a loud explosion?

Ok, need to tune my brain in so that I tune into it each time it happens.

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, there is a loud explosion?

Yep it’s amazing. And a callout from Ritchie too congratulating you for collecting it too.

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Hoping to join this club with a LUCI Vault next month. Registering my interest now so Pinside keeps me updated!
Did anything come of Lyman’s mostly completed mini-wizard mode that he mentioned in the H2H podcast over a year ago now? I know the Iron Man updates did materialise, which was great!
I tend to only buy games that have the dust settled on their code.

Not that i now, no more news about it... fingers cross...

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need some help from an AC/DC owner if someone is willing. I'm working on designing a mod that covers the coil under the cannon plastic on the right of the machine.
What I need is a trace of the side profile of the plastic assembly. Basically you would need to remove the two screws that mount the plastic assembly, lay it on its side, then do a full perimeter trace and scan or mail to me. I also need to know the measurement of the gap between the metal bracket where the screws secure it and the metal bracket above that rivets both plastics. The third image in my post outlines the trace I need in green, and the measurement I need in yellow.
Please PM me if you can help.
I don't own or have access to an AC/DC or I would do it myself. Also, unfortunately the owner who has asked me to design the mod has some physical issues that prevent him from being able to do it. Once designed and tested, I will offer the mod for sale here in the forum. I'm not sure where I will set the price yet, but it will be $20 or less.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mr_Tantrum did anyone ever help you with this??

#2605 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

mr_tantrum did anyone ever help you with this??

Yes, I've created a prototype, and just mailed off today for testing.

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep it’s amazing. And a callout from Ritchie too congratulating you for collecting it too.

LOL.

Just took glass off to test.

No Ritchie call out.

And if there is some kind of additional sound, it doesn't appear on my game!

#2607 3 years ago

No Ritchie call out.

Try again. Haha. Make sure you actually have a song jackpot ready. If you miss Ritchie rips on your too. Maybe make sure the insult setting is turned all the way up.

Not sure what to tell you. It’s there. Haha

Tell me this. What does your game do when you collect a song jackpot? Nothing?

Start watching at 10:30. I collect a song JP. Explosion followed by Ritchie saying great shot.

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try again. Haha. Make sure you actually have a song jackpot ready. If you miss Ritchie rips on your too. Maybe make sure the insult setting is turned all the way up.
Not sure what to tell you. It’s there. Haha
Tell me this. What does your game do when you collect a song jackpot? Nothing?
Start watching at 10:30. I collect a song JP. Explosion followed by Ritchie saying great shot.

Thanks - link to your video?

Ok, maybe a misunderstanding.

When getting a SJ there is an explosion and Steve says fantastic.

When collected as an extra award in Album MB, there is nothing.

That's what I was hoping could be changed. Explosion and a fantastic!

#2609 3 years ago

You are referring to the “song bonus“ which can also be collected in tour MB.

And I agree. It needs more fanfare.

#2610 3 years ago

I gotcha. That’s called a song bonus. That’s why I misunderstood. Yeah that can be improved for sure.

#2611 3 years ago

Ah, song bonus. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, if song bonus had the 'fantastic' call out, that would be enough!

#2612 3 years ago

Yes. Song bonus needs a call out and show. surprised Lyman missed that.

#2613 3 years ago

I’m pleased to offer my newly designed diverter cover for AC/DC. An owner asked if I could create something that hid the open area, so this is the result of taking input from a couples family owners. A special thanks to Kawydud for test fitting and photos.

The install photos are of the prototype. The final version will be printed in red instead of clear filament, and I’ve adjusted the decal image to have more of a deeper reddish coloring to it. The mod safely adheres to the backsides of the two plastic pieces using included adhesive tape on the two tabs. Also, be aware that some assemblies may not be completely square, so it normal that the mod may not sit fully flush with the back plastic.

Cost for the mod is $30 which includes US shipping (international shipping on a per quote basis). Please PM me if interested in ordering.

Final mod that will be shipped
638637EB-10BE-4161-8AD2-239032781273.jpeg638637EB-10BE-4161-8AD2-239032781273.jpegA06E7B35-065F-4C73-9443-FB59C6834EBB.jpegA06E7B35-065F-4C73-9443-FB59C6834EBB.jpeg11757656-B6E6-4AA6-8516-8FF4E2166418.jpeg11757656-B6E6-4AA6-8516-8FF4E2166418.jpeg

Install Photos
DD14CC37-AAFF-41BF-A337-9D27BAE53BC9.jpegDD14CC37-AAFF-41BF-A337-9D27BAE53BC9.jpeg2240EB72-07F6-4072-91CE-A420369D007A.jpeg2240EB72-07F6-4072-91CE-A420369D007A.jpeg548E3E8D-8451-4439-9ADD-3E3B46C2DF7B.jpeg548E3E8D-8451-4439-9ADD-3E3B46C2DF7B.jpegB7DDD5AF-E625-4AD2-997B-FEB82B64EC7C.jpegB7DDD5AF-E625-4AD2-997B-FEB82B64EC7C.jpeg

CC6ED9CF-A530-42E4-A334-ADAE56EA0EBF.jpegCC6ED9CF-A530-42E4-A334-ADAE56EA0EBF.jpegF81BC637-4DA5-4DB7-95CE-272EC0342059.jpegF81BC637-4DA5-4DB7-95CE-272EC0342059.jpeg71EE7996-4253-4D52-B2EA-4202E76286BB.jpeg71EE7996-4253-4D52-B2EA-4202E76286BB.jpeg4DE6B98F-EFA2-4590-B343-20704815543F.jpeg4DE6B98F-EFA2-4590-B343-20704815543F.jpeg04DC1647-DEC8-48BC-BCAD-1295D6D066E9.jpeg04DC1647-DEC8-48BC-BCAD-1295D6D066E9.jpeg5A23D9D1-FD50-48ED-B0F1-DEBDD97340FE.jpeg5A23D9D1-FD50-48ED-B0F1-DEBDD97340FE.jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

Oops, just realized my typo. The priced is $20 shipped, not $30. Please PM me if interested.

#2614 3 years ago

Looks good! Thanks for making these

1 week later
#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m pleased to offer my newly designed diverter cover for AC/DC. An owner asked if I could create something that hid the open area, so this is the result of taking input from a couples family owners. A special thanks to kawydud for test fitting and photos.
The install photos are of the prototype. The final version will be printed in red instead of clear filament, and I’ve adjusted the decal image to have more of a deeper reddish coloring to it. The mod safely adheres to the backsides of the two plastic pieces using included adhesive tape on the two tabs. Also, be aware that some assemblies may not be completely square, so it normal that the mod may not sit fully flush with the back plastic.
Cost for the mod is $30 which includes US shipping (international shipping on a per quote basis). Please PM me if interested in ordering.
Final mod that will be shipped
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Install Photos
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added 7 days ago: Oops, just realized my typo. The priced is $20 shipped, not $30. Please PM me if interested.

Is this only for the diverter on the right, or does this include one for the right and left diverters?

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Is this only for the diverter on the right, or does this include one for the right and left diverters?

This is for the right side diverter under the canon plastic. The piece was designed upon the request of an AC/DC owner, and I was not made aware of another such area on the other side of the playfield. Is there such an area or are you referencing something different?

#2617 3 years ago

There’s another diverter on the left that sends the ball to the cannon.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

There’s another diverter on the left that sends the ball to the cannon. [quoted image]

I'll see if the piece fits both sides tonight. I have a second piece that was just shipped to me.

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I'll see if the piece fits both sides tonight. I have a second piece that was just shipped to me.

Cool, thanks! I’d like to purchase, just curious if the cover would fit both sides.

#2620 3 years ago

My question is if the left is a mirror image of the right? If so, I can easily/happily create a mirrored pair. If not, I'll need a nice trace of the left profile so that I can design one for that.

I'm thinking the same design except maybe changing the text from "For those about to rock" to "We salute you" unless there are other ideas.

#2622 3 years ago

I Like "Let There Be Rock"

I'd like to keep the same fiery background (I'll reverse it) and logo since the color scheme goes well with the current plastics.

BTW, Is the left diverter only on Premium/LE? Maybe that's why the original owner who asked for the mod didn't mention it (I think he owns a Pro version).

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I Like "Let There Be Rock"
I'd like to keep the same fiery background (I'll reverse it) and logo since the color scheme goes well with the current plastics.
BTW, Is the left diverter only on Premium/LE? Maybe that's why the original owner who asked for the mod didn't mention it (I think he owns a Pro version).

Yes, the left diverter is only on the Premium/LE.

Looking forward to seeing it!

#2624 3 years ago

Are you at a place where you can discern if the left if a mirror image of the right? All you would have to do is remove one of them then hold them side-to-side to see if they were.

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you at a place where you can discern if the left if a mirror image of the right? All you would have to do is remove one of them then hold them side-to-side to see if they were.

They’re exactly the same.

31E4003E-2D76-4BA3-B164-32CE024C54BA (resized).jpeg31E4003E-2D76-4BA3-B164-32CE024C54BA (resized).jpegE777D5B6-6FAE-4CEB-A506-28C23A0161AA (resized).jpegE777D5B6-6FAE-4CEB-A506-28C23A0161AA (resized).jpeg
#2626 3 years ago

Awesome, thanks. When I get home, I'll design the other side. Price with be $35 for the pair.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Awesome, thanks. When I get home, I'll design the other side. Price with be $35 for the pair.

Cool. Count me in when they’re ready.

#2628 3 years ago

guess I will need a left one as well.

#2629 3 years ago

Here are the updated diverter covers. Please PM me to order

- Single cover (left or right) | $20
- Both covers (left & right) | $35

If you've already purchased the right cover from me and want the left one also, please remind me in the PM and I will only charge you $15 instead of the regular $20

ACDC_DiverterCover-Left.pngACDC_DiverterCover-Left.pngACDC_DiverterCover-Right.pngACDC_DiverterCover-Right.pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg
#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, the left diverter is only on the Premium/LE.
Looking forward to seeing it!

Now you know why I didn't mention it

#2631 3 years ago

Giving this a go, I really want one of these. We only need 5 more people!

Reminder for anyone that is without this excellent mod (see pics at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod)! cpr9999 has stated he'll do another run of 10, if and only if I can get him 10 orders. We're up to 5.

1. cbuzz
2. Mach5Amps
3. LukyDuck
4. AJB4
5. wesh

Need 6 through 10!

I'm recruiting, but trying to keep it to only once a week to keep from being annoying. Come on, man! You know it's awesome. If you don't already have it, this lighted roof mod is the bomb! Who knows if this opportunity for another run will come up again!

#2632 3 years ago

Quick subject change... I was recommended to put this here as well as the tech area. I turned on my AC/DC premium (2012) the other day and the start button wasn’t working (however light was flashing as normal). So I opened the coin door to test the button, and the menu button wasn’t working. Odd. So I went down the four buttons and the volume up button didn’t work either, but the volume down and credit button DID work. I did reseat the J13 connector for the menu and volume up buttons to no avail, and on a recommendation (hat tip YeOldPinPlayer), I also reseated J1 connector, and that did get the start button working again, however menu and vol up still isn’t doing anything. Odd they all three stopped working around the same time.

Anyone else come across this or could lend some words of wisdom? Thanks so much in advance!

#2633 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Quick subject change... I was recommended to put this here as well as the tech area. I turned on my AC/DC premium (2012) the other day and the start button wasn’t working (however light was flashing as normal). So I opened the coin door to test the button, and the menu button wasn’t working. Odd. So I went down the four buttons and the volume up button didn’t work either, but the volume down and credit button DID work. I did reseat the J13 connector for the menu and volume up buttons to no avail, and on a recommendation (hat tip YeOldPinPlayer), I also reseated J13 connector, and that did get the start button working again, however menu and vol up still isn’t doing anything. Odd they all three stopped working around the same time.
Anyone else come across this or could lend some words of wisdom? Thanks so much in advance!

Could the free play be turned off for some reason?

#2634 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

Quick subject change... I was recommended to put this here as well as the tech area. I turned on my AC/DC premium (2012) the other day and the start button wasn’t working (however light was flashing as normal). So I opened the coin door to test the button, and the menu button wasn’t working. Odd. So I went down the four buttons and the volume up button didn’t work either, but the volume down and credit button DID work. I did reseat the J13 connector for the menu and volume up buttons to no avail, and on a recommendation (hat tip YeOldPinPlayer), I also reseated J13 connector, and that did get the start button working again, however menu and vol up still isn’t doing anything. Odd they all three stopped working around the same time.

J13 has all the wires that control the buttons on the coindoor, they are listed on the bottom of page 16 of the manual. Check continuity from each wire on the connector that isn’t working to the wire at the coin door buttons. If you have continuity, you may have a board issue. If you don’t have continuity, it’s a broken wire or a poorly pinned connector. My guess is the the connector needs to be repinned.

#2635 3 years ago

PinballJah, no. And if it had I’d be screwed because I can’t access the menu, lol.

Lermods, thanks, I’ll check continuity. I’ve had the game for almost 4 years with no issues, and it hasn’t moved in the last year, other than just playing. Do connectors just kind of screw up like out of the blue?

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from jdpilot:

PinballJah, no. And if it had I’d be screwed because I can’t access the menu, lol.
Lermods, thanks, I’ll check continuity. I’ve had the game for almost 4 years with no issues, and it hasn’t moved in the last year, other than just playing. Do connectors just kind of screw up like out of the blue?

Not in that short of time, but it’s possible. Need to rule things out.

#2637 3 years ago

I hear you. When I get back later in the week, I’m going to test those things. Thank you for the help! Will update what I find.

#2638 3 years ago

As a FYI, I've had one case thus far where my diverter cover did not adhere properly. This could have been caused by a few different factors including a dirty surface, if the diverter cover was repositioned one or more times, etc. For the adhesive, I use what is considered to be a "high tack" product that I've utilized in many of my decals and mods over the last couple of years. It has proven to be quite durable and reliable in hundreds of applications.

However, I stumbled across an even higher tack product that I just began utilizing for a completely different purpose. If my original product was a 10 on the tack scale, this new stuff is probably an 18-20. Therefore, if you find that your diverter cover(s) is/are not adhering properly then please PM me and I'll be happy to send you some pieces of the new adhesive tape and no additional charge to you.

FYI, for those of you who have ordered in the last week or so, I utilized the newer super tacky tape on your covers and I will continue to do so on all orders moving forward.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

As a FYI, I've had one case thus far where my diverter cover did not adhere properly. This could have been caused by a few different factors including a dirty surface, if the diverter cover was repositioned one or more times, etc. For the adhesive, I use what is considered to be a "high tack" product that I've utilized in many of my decals and mods over the last couple of years. It has proven to be quite durable and reliable in hundreds of applications.
However, I stumbled across an even higher tack product that I just began utilizing for a completely different purpose. If my original product was a 10 on the tack scale, this new stuff is probably an 18-20. Therefore, if you find that your diverter cover(s) is/are not adhering properly then please PM me and I'll be happy to send you some pieces of the new adhesive tape and no additional charge to you.

I was very impressed with the diverter cover. The decal was clear, high quality. Fit and form is very good.

I agree that the included sticker doesn’t seem like it would hold up long term, but that’s an easy fix.

Highly recommended!

#2640 3 years ago

NEWB question, I used to have multiball at the bottom of the display with the score to get the next one, now it is gone after upgrade. I made a few adjustments, so now it says replay, but I would prefer multiball. ANyone know what setting this is? Are there any best practice settings for home use?

#2641 3 years ago

So weird...so I test continuity and it tests fine, I plug the connector back in, and the freaking buttons work now. I reseated that thing 6 times and it did nothing. I guess it needed seven Thank you for the help Lermods!

Pincil8, you lost me on that. Could you reword your question with a touch more detail? In the menu, is that what your talking about with multiball?

#2642 3 years ago

He got extra balls before when hitting the replay scores.

You’ll need to go into the settings and set the high score awards from replay to extra ball. Should be in the standard adjustments.

#2643 3 years ago

chuckwurt Thank you sir.

#2644 3 years ago

Shooter sold. Thanks for all the interest.

#2645 3 years ago

Question... who makes the best flashing bolts? Hooked on Pinball makes a pretty nice looking set... anyone else? And any color recommendations?

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Question... who makes the best flashing bolts? Hooked on Pinball makes a pretty nice looking set... anyone else? And any color recommendations?

I prefer the Pinbits ones (look cleaner and overall better to me). But looks like their site may be down? Don’t know the status of their business.

#2647 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I prefer the Pinbits ones (look cleaner and overall better to me). But looks like their site may be down? Don’t know the status of their business.

I second that, love my pinbits blue flashers.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have the HOOKED blue ones and they are gorgeous...he gets my vote!

#2649 3 years ago

Ordered the Hooked on Pinball ones, red with the amber inserts. Can’t wait!

I love Martin and Pam at Pinbits tho, and am sure that they make a great version.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I am not familiar with the pinbits product, so I can't really comment on those. I got the Hooked on Pinball Red lightning bolts that flash white. I think they look great. The red matches the red on the rails and such. They flash bright, like lightning, which is how they probably should have been in the first place, in my opinion. They are lightning bolts after all...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/53?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.