20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 67.
#2551 3 years ago

Hi all,

i received my Luci last week and i have been disappointed with the quality of the sound (due to the compression of the songs : mono - 16bits - 24khz...).

I have done a new BIN for Premium with better quality of the songs. You can download it here if you want test :

PRO : https://bit.ly/2yOz9CG

PREMIUM : https://bit.ly/2WTXmzs

Tell me if its better or not ^^

Yanflip

#2552 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Has anyone replaced the lower PF on a premium/LE with a Luci lower PF? I'm on the fence about doing this on my LE.

I did this. Not too hard to swap everything over. Like the girls better than the flames. The only problem I had is the dimple to position the post for the upper right horn was a bit off. It still fit but I'll have to readjust it the next time I pull the lower to clean it. BTW my game was an LE from the original run.

#2553 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all.
I have received my Luci last week and was really disappointed with the quality of the musics... we cant do a lot of things to improve the quality due to the mono-16bit-24kHz of the songs.
I have done a new BIN with new compressed Musics for Premium ACDC (same as the originals but with a better sound). You can download it here if you want :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkjdvx4bu4b0hi0/ACD170LE.BIN?dl=0
If it can help you.
Yanflip

How do I install this? Same as a normal software update via usb drive?

#2554 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all,
i received my Luci last week and i have been disappointed with the quality of the sound (due to the compression of the songs : mono - 16bits - 24khz...).
I have done a new BIN for Premium with better quality of the songs. You can download it here if you want test :
Yannick

And how exactly have you overcome the mono 24kHz limitation?

#2555 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

How do I install this? Same as a normal software update via usb drive?

Yes its a normal update. I have not overcome the mono 24khz. But sound is more clear that the original.

#2556 3 years ago

I need some help from an AC/DC owner if someone is willing. I'm working on designing a mod that covers the coil under the cannon plastic on the right of the machine.

What I need is a trace of the side profile of the plastic assembly. Basically you would need to remove the two screws that mount the plastic assembly, lay it on its side, then do a full perimeter trace and scan or mail to me. I also need to know the measurement of the gap between the metal bracket where the screws secure it and the metal bracket above that rivets both plastics. The third image in my post outlines the trace I need in green, and the measurement I need in yellow.

Please PM me if you can help.

I don't own or have access to an AC/DC or I would do it myself. Also, unfortunately the owner who has asked me to design the mod has some physical issues that prevent him from being able to do it. Once designed and tested, I will offer the mod for sale here in the forum. I'm not sure where I will set the price yet, but it will be $20 or less.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgtrace (resized).jpgtrace (resized).jpg

#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Yes its a normal update. I have not overcome the mono 24khz. But sound is more clear that the original.

So what kind of processing have you done to improve clarity?

#2558 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

So what kind of processing have you done to improve clarity?

Just to hear the difference :

You shook me... :

Original song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3gfaprjehxmmwz/ORIGINAL-YOU%20SHOOK%20ME%20ALL%20NIGHT.wav?dl=0

New song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2gciiprx86szfh/NEW-YOU%20SHOOK%20ME%20ALL%20NIGHT.wav?dl=0

--------

Hell bells :

Original song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq86o3du0yow1t8/ORIGINAL-306-5%2713%27510-hellbells.wav?dl=0

New song in my New BIN : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmqh4am8dvjfcwu/NEW-306-Hells%20Bells.wav?dl=0

i have compressed the Flawless songs then add some effects to do the songs more clear on the pinball because the treble are so low on SAM system.

You can download the codes here if you want test :

Yanflip

#2559 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all.
I have received my Luci last week and was really disappointed with the quality of the musics... we cant do a lot of things to improve the quality due to the mono-16bit-24kHz of the songs.
I have done a new BIN with new compressed Musics for Premium ACDC (same as the originals but with a better sound). You can download it here if you want :
If it can help you.
Yanflip

Thanks for doing this. Can I use these files in the Pro?

#2560 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Original song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq86o3du0yow1t8/ORIGINAL-306-5%2713%27510-hellbells.wav?dl=0
New song in my New BIN : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmqh4am8dvjfcwu/NEW-306-Hells%20Bells.wav?dl=0
i have compressed the Flawless songs then add some effects to do the songs more clear on the pinball because the treble are so low on SAM system.

Thanks. I will check those out. So, if I'm understanding correctly, you've done some dynamic range compression and frequency balancing? If you could share you audio filter or processing method, that would be helpful. Someone might want to do the same for the Pro machine (or another music pin, like Metallica).

#2561 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for doing this. Can I use these files in the Pro?

Yes i have done a new link for the PRO.

#2562 3 years ago

This isn't a fair comparison... your NEW file is 44.1kHz (CD quality). To compare you need to downsample to 24kHz.

#2563 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

This isn't a fair comparison... your NEW file is 44.1kHz (CD quality). To compare you need to downsample to 24kHz.

Oh look again its 24Khz (and i have put another song).

#2564 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

You shook me... :
Original song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3gfaprjehxmmwz/ORIGINAL-YOU%20SHOOK%20ME%20ALL%20NIGHT.wav?dl=0
New song on the pinball : https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2gciiprx86szfh/NEW-YOU%20SHOOK%20ME%20ALL%20NIGHT.wav?dl=0
--------
Hell bells :
You can download the codes here if you want test :
Yanflip

Hi Yanflip,

Why have you slowed the track speed ?
They both sound off to me.

#2565 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Hi Yanflip,
Why have you slowed the track speed ?
They both sound off to me.

It is not slowed at all... just normalized and compressed.

#2566 3 years ago

In the club!

170AB7EE-7417-4C52-8BEC-8721FEAC85D7 (resized).jpeg170AB7EE-7417-4C52-8BEC-8721FEAC85D7 (resized).jpeg
#2567 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I need some help from an AC/DC owner if someone is willing. I'm working on designing a mod that covers the coil under the cannon plastic on the right of the machine.
What I need is a trace of the side profile of the plastic assembly. Basically you would need to remove the two screws that mount the plastic assembly, lay it on its side, then do a full perimeter trace and scan or mail to me. I also need to know the measurement of the gap between the metal bracket where the screws secure it and the metal bracket above that rivets both plastics. The third image in my post outlines the trace I need in green, and the measurement I need in yellow.
Please PM me if you can help.
I don't own or have access to an AC/DC or I would do it myself. Also, unfortunately the owner who has asked me to design the mod has some physical issues that prevent him from being able to do it. Once designed and tested, I will offer the mod for sale here in the forum. I'm not sure where I will set the price yet, but it will be $20 or less.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Still looking for someone to please assist me with this.

#2568 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Still looking for someone to please assist me with this.

I can try to get this removed tonight or tomorrow to help you out.

#2569 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I can try to get this removed tonight or tomorrow to help you out.

That would be awesome, thanks.

#2570 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the club!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I have to say my favourite game right now, even though I only have the Pro. Looks like a real good example.

#2571 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Welcome to the club! I have to say my favourite game right now, even though I only have the Pro. Looks like a real good example.

I had the Pro for five years, that game rocks! The code is still kind of a mystery to me, but it’s one of the best shooters out there. Happy to get this one back.

#2572 3 years ago

Anyone hear any rumors if oi mania gets fixed this year?
Would love to see a mini-wizard after 6 songs or something...

#2573 3 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Anyone hear any rumors if oi mania gets fixed this year?
Would love to see a mini-wizard after 6 songs or something...

I'd be thrilled if they did the following:
1. Fix OI mania
2. Implement live versions of songs
3. Make Encore selectable at game start (Like Nublar on JP2).

Pretty please Lyman!

#2574 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd be thrilled if they did the following:
1. Fix OI mania
2. Implement live versions of songs
3. Make Encore selectable at game start (Like Nublar on JP2).
Pretty please Lyman!

#3 would be awesome. It’s one of the best wizard modes around, it needs to be put on a pedestal for all to enjoy ...and compete with.

#2575 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

#3 would be awesome. It’s one of the best wizard modes around, it needs to be put on a pedestal for all to enjoy ...and compete with.

As someone who's been there, though, you know you're authoring your Encore as you play through the game.

Y'all want a generic, randomized Encore just so you can play it at will? With arbitrary values?

Practice the right orbit. Routinely make it your eighth song request. Don't start a MB if you're close on a song change (5 or more lit requests). Use MBs to push right through fresh songs. The first time you get Encore, basically everything you do probably has to be in service to the ultimate goal. (That's right, you might have to radically adjust your whole play style! Sounds pretty healthy and engaging!) After you are accustomed to playing with a progress-before-all-else mindset, and you've been there, maybe you can throw in a little flavor along the way. Score some points as you go.

A halfway mini-wiz isn't gonna get you any closer to Encore, it's just an opportunity to lose a ball. Luckily there are ready means of introducing additional balls onto the playing surface at any time if you desire to pursue them.

I guess personally, I would press start unlimited times trying to get to Nublar before I would just warp there. Haven't played it yet.

#2576 3 years ago
Quoted from stuliss:

As someone who's been there, though, you know you're authoring your Encore as you play through the game.
Y'all want a generic, randomized Encore just so you can play it at will? With arbitrary values?
Practice the right orbit. Routinely make it your eighth song request. Don't start a MB if you're close on a song change (5 or more lit requests). Use MBs to push right through fresh songs. The first time you get Encore, basically everything you do probably has to be in service to the ultimate goal. (That's right, you might have to radically adjust your whole play style! Sounds pretty healthy and engaging!) After you are accustomed to playing with a progress-before-all-else mindset, and you've been there, maybe you can throw in a little flavor along the way. Score some points as you go.
A halfway mini-wiz isn't gonna get you any closer to Encore, it's just an opportunity to lose a ball. Luckily there are ready means of introducing additional balls onto the playing surface at any time if you desire to pursue them.
I guess personally, I would press start unlimited times trying to get to Nublar before I would just warp there. Haven't played it yet.

Some good points but a halfway mini-wiz could be programmed to be short, fun, good reward but no ultimate ball loss.

#2577 3 years ago
Quoted from stuliss:

I’ve been to Encore a handful of times. I was going to mention that about scoring but opted not to as it’s not about warping to the end so to speak. It’s about having a well programmed mini mode that you can have fun with and/or compete with friends and not have to know the nuances of the game or rules to win. You start one deep well thought out mode and go! It’s like having 2 games in one.

Like Keith Elwin said in a podcast, they’re allocating resources to something more than what only 10% of people will see. I think we’re going to see a huge spike in options to play these mini modes with future games.

#2578 3 years ago

Since we’re on the topic of improving acdc. Has anyone come up with a way to speed up plastic ramp returns? Recently, plastic ramp returns have become a huge pet peeve of mine and I’ve sworn I’ll never buy another stern with plastic ramp returns. So with that rant over; anyone come up with something? I wonder if someone knew how to make wireforms, they could come up with a mod attachment that goes at the end of a plastic ramp so the ball returns quicker with the metal.

Am I the only one who feels this way about plastic ramp returns?

#2579 3 years ago

Wouldn’t length of the ramp be the main factor of its travel time? If you replaced the ramps on ACDC with metal would it really be that much faster?

Now if you’re talking specifically at the very end where it drops to the playfield you can put something to bridge the gap from the rebound rubber to the opening in the ramp. This should shoot the balk directly to the inlane instead of it bouncing off the rebound rubber, coming back and then dropping to the inlane.

#2580 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wouldn’t length of the ramp be the main factor of its travel time? If you replaced the ramps on ACDC with metal would it really be that much faster?
Now if you’re talking specifically at the very end where it drops to the playfield you can put something to bridge the gap from the rebound rubber to the opening in the ramp. This should shoot the balk directly to the inlane instead of it bouncing off the rebound rubber, coming back and then dropping to the inlane.

Yea, it’s the actual end of the ramp I’m talking about. The ball travels so fast on plastic ramps, their return nubs aren’t good enough to give a quick return to the inland. Metal wire form ramps can handle the momentum much smoother. I’ve tried adding drop dead ball foam to the rebound rubber to bridge that gap but the speed of the ball is too much. I don’t think I’ve tried doubling up the foam, maybe I’ll give that a shot.

#2581 3 years ago

Can someone point how to collect the new feature in the 1.70 "STUFF"...

- Changed the rule for the DEVIL HORNS. Instead of lighting all 3 shots
at once, they are lit in order: BELL, RIGHT LOOP, LEFT LOOP. Once the
LEFT LOOP shot is made to complete the sequence, the Tunes N Stuff lamp
is lit to collect "STUFF".

#2582 3 years ago

Forget it.... Just need to hit in order... BELL, RIGHT LOOP, LEFT LOOP.

#2583 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea, it’s the actual end of the ramp I’m talking about. The ball travels so fast on plastic ramps, their return nubs aren’t good enough to give a quick return to the inland. Metal wire form ramps can handle the momentum much smoother. I’ve tried adding drop dead ball foam to the rebound rubber to bridge that gap but the speed of the ball is too much. I don’t think I’ve tried doubling up the foam, maybe I’ll give that a shot.

Not talking about doubling up the foam. My friend put some lexan in the ramp returns of his tron and the ball shoots through to the inlanes now. It covers the entire gap from the rebound rubber to the whole that the ball drops into, so there’s no where for the ball to go but down.

#2584 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yes

But for your question, possibly try 3 separate pieces of foam at the end of the ramp...

/
|
\

The side pieces could help prevent bounce back. I'm assuming that's what's slowing you down - does the ball hit the end of the ramp so hard it rolls back a few inches before exiting the ramp?
Chucks idea would be the fastest, but it could be pretty hard on the playfield where the ball drops.

#2585 3 years ago

Does anyone have this plastic or know where to purchase? Chas only has the complete set, and I haven’t seen this available anywhere. Mine is broken.

I’m happy to buy if you have a spare. Thanks!
ADF5E96A-3659-4B47-93CF-5477B7DBA3D5 (resized).jpegADF5E96A-3659-4B47-93CF-5477B7DBA3D5 (resized).jpeg

#2586 3 years ago

Is anyone still making the custom jukebox insert to reflect song changes?

I have one but can’t remember who did it for me and was thinking about swapping a song.

#2587 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is anyone still making the custom jukebox insert to reflect song changes?
I have one but can’t remember who did it for me and was thinking about swapping a song.

I have a template I made. Happy to share it. You can change any song you want.

#2588 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a template I made. Happy to share it. You can change any song you want.

That would be awesome, I’ll send you a msg!

#2589 3 years ago

Just joined up, grabbed a Luci from a local pin bro this weekend! D1300E8E-0BB1-4E06-A57B-0BA6D4204FCD (resized).jpegD1300E8E-0BB1-4E06-A57B-0BA6D4204FCD (resized).jpeg

#2590 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Since we’re on the topic of improving acdc. Has anyone come up with a way to speed up plastic ramp returns? Recently, plastic ramp returns have become a huge pet peeve of mine and I’ve sworn I’ll never buy another stern with plastic ramp returns. So with that rant over; anyone come up with something? I wonder if someone knew how to make wireforms, they could come up with a mod attachment that goes at the end of a plastic ramp so the ball returns quicker with the metal.

One easy thing that you can do is to clean the ramps with WD40.
You will be amazed how much faster the ball moves with clean ramps.
I think Stern recommends that once a month...

#2591 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

oh wow, I've been using wax and its a bit of a pain. Would any spray lubricant work? I have some spray lithium i used to lubricate some pinball parts.

#2592 3 years ago

Thinking ahead to the possible update.

Love collecting Song Jackpot during Album MB etc but it's only when I look and see my score I realise it's happened.

No time to look up and read screen.

Would be nice to have some kind of sound that acts as a cue that you have collected it.

Any loud sound would work

#2593 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any loud sound would work

How about the loud explosion and massive font with your score only on the screen? It’s pretty hard to miss currently. Haha

#2594 3 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

oh wow, I've been using wax and its a bit of a pain. Would any spray lubricant work? I have some spray lithium i used to lubricate some pinball parts.

Not sure about spray lubricant. Stern actually recommends WD40 and it works good for me. Wax on the playfield and WD40 on ramps.

#2595 3 years ago

I have a "Helen" alternate translate by Aurich for sale in my shop if anyone is interested. $100 shipped OBO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1211-habos-arcade/03784-helen-ac-dc-alternate-translite-
7d4b72d584b6405124e7e4bb9cdf59cc0ae32ea9 (resized).jpg7d4b72d584b6405124e7e4bb9cdf59cc0ae32ea9 (resized).jpg

#2596 3 years ago

Getting loud in Argentina !

Wild crowd bounce !

#2597 3 years ago

Hi all, Great info on this thread. On my BIBLE the top kick out hole can get extremely weak on kick out and occasionally not even recognize the ball landing in it then softly boots it out. Other times it will work flawlessly. Very frustrating when trying to reach encore on the jukebox!! Any thoughts on what this might be? Thanks for any info.

#2598 3 years ago

Switch isn’t always registering. Get in there and adjust that switch to be more sensitive.

#2599 3 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

The speed of the ramps are fine. It’s the stop and return to the inlane. The momentum of the ball is so fast, and since it’s not a metal wire form, the ball wobbles itself into the hole and inlane. It’s not just an ACDC only problem, it’s a problem with all plastic ramps. It’s just a pet peeve of mine on how smooth wire form ramp returns are vs plastic ramps. That said, I did pad the return with a couple nice sized pieces of drop dead ball foam and that has certainly helped, but still nothing like the real thing - metal wire form to sustain the momentum.

#2600 3 years ago

Hoping to join this club with a LUCI Vault next month. Registering my interest now so Pinside keeps me updated!

Did anything come of Lyman’s mostly completed mini-wizard mode that he mentioned in the H2H podcast over a year ago now? I know the Iron Man updates did materialise, which was great!

I tend to only buy games that have the dust settled on their code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/52?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.