20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 67.
#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone is interested in the cannon mod that Matt from BAC and I do together, I have a few in stock and ready to go. Here is the link to my website to order one.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Shoot-to-Thrill-Mod/p/21791862/category=4730922

Thanks,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery[quoted image]

I re-stock some more of these AC/DC Cannon mods and I have 4 in stock and ready to ship out if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#2502 4 years ago

After 7 years my cannon is binding near the end of its travel. The cannon shaft has quite a bit of up-down play and when I went to adjust it, I could not get the set screw loose even with heat. It must have moved on the shaft to cause the problem but the screw is on with a form of loctite.

Now, I have read about the set screw on the motor but not the cannon shaft which makes it impossible to get the cannon assembly off.

Has anyone come up with a easier answer than drilling it out? Anyone think a left hand drill bit might do it?

Thanks for any clues.

#2503 4 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

After 7 years my cannon is binding near the end of its travel. The cannon shaft has quite a bit of up-down play and when I went to adjust it, I could not get the set screw loose even with heat. It must have moved on the shaft to cause the problem but the screw is on with a form of loctite.
Now, I have read about the set screw on the motor but not the cannon shaft which makes it impossible to get the cannon assembly off.
Has anyone come up with a easier answer than drilling it out? Anyone think a left hand drill bit might do it?
Thanks for any clues.

Instead of heat, try freezing it.

#2504 4 years ago

I'm having trouble installing Chroma 4.2 update

I'm currently on 3.3

Have tried 2 known good sticks, Confirmed file name chroma.rom

I install stick, press and hold left tact sw, display goes blank, I wait and wait a few minutes.

Nothing happens, power cycle pin, still stuck on 3.3

What's going on ?

#2505 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm currently on 3.3
I install stick, press and hold left tact sw, display goes blank, I wait and wait a few minutes.
What's going on ?

Check your board type; it might not be a Chroma board. Sounds like the problem I had, but it turned out I had a pre-Chroma ColorDMD board, so I had to install the normal ColorDMD code rather than the Chroma code. That might be your issue.

#2506 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm currently on 3.3
What's going on ?

Per instructions on the ColorDMD website at this url:
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html
No power cycling is required...
:
Instructions for Updating Firmware
Click on the appropriate game ROM file above. (new AC/DC Premium/LE in our case)
Save the ROM file to a USB flash drive as "CHROMA.ROM". Saved file name must match EXACTLY!
Drive must be formatted as MS FAT32. Most new drives come formatted as MS FAT32 from the manufacturer.
(If you are using a MAC or other Apple computer, could be special procedures to format for FAT32)
Turn game on and install flash drive into ColorDMD USB port.
Press and hold the left button for 5 seconds until the backlight turns off.
Wait for the backlight to turn back on (about 30 seconds).
If the backlight does not turn on and the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, the CHROMA.ROM file was not found on the thumb drive. Please check the file name.
Remove the flash drive.
After installation, you can press the right button to verify that the ROM is now showing the correct version (for example, AFM2 2.0). If the product key is showing the words 'KEY INVALID' followed by eight blank spaces, it will need to be manually entered. This step is normally not required unless unlocking a display for the first time.
:
If that procedure did not work, I would contact ColorDMD technical support at [email protected] to start with...

#2507 4 years ago

The new game room is close enough to done that I took the machine out of its mummy wrap. Despite the plastic sheet and tape, over the fleece blanket wrapped pin, it still looks like it needs a good cleaning. Time to search the forums for tips about cleaning these things. Yup, still noob.

71D47308-7BCD-4530-8C22-12261A8BEB05 (resized).jpeg71D47308-7BCD-4530-8C22-12261A8BEB05 (resized).jpegBDB918EC-4674-4568-8B4A-E6EBFF9C345B (resized).jpegBDB918EC-4674-4568-8B4A-E6EBFF9C345B (resized).jpeg
#2508 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

The new game room is close enough to done that I took the machine out of its mummy wrap. ...

Nice! Good thing AC/DC comes in Badger Red eh?

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check your board type; it might not be a Chroma board. Sounds like the problem I had, but it turned out I had a pre-Chroma ColorDMD board, so I had to install the normal ColorDMD code rather than the Chroma code. That might be your issue.

That was it !
Thank you beelzeboob

Color DMD in Hi Res Rocks on this game !!

#2511 4 years ago

Posting for reference.
tl;dr
IRL2910 is a good replacement for the stock NXP buk9529 MOSFETS.

I had my dancing band coil lock up and in addition to adding a nice smoke show it also killed the drive transistor. When I looked into a replacement, it turns out the game uses a unique MOSFET instead of the typical TIP transistor. And of course it is an obsolete and unavailable part. After studying a few datasheets, I found a good replacement. The original component is NXP buk9529. There are four of these on the auxiliary driver board 520-5325-00 (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5325-00) labeled as Q1-Q4 (the ones with the giant heatsinks). They control the bell magnet, dancing band and two other things I don't remember. The replacement part is Infineon IRL2910 (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/942-IRL2910PBF). To feed my neurotic tendencies, I also added a little dab of thermal paste to the heatsink interface on install. I am happy to say it all works as expected and the little dancing guys are back at it. I hope this info comes in handy.
20200301_154443 (resized).jpg20200301_154443 (resized).jpg20200301_154357 (resized).jpg20200301_154357 (resized).jpg

#2512 4 years ago

Hi guys.... Pretty much a newbie to all things pin but have my first machine recently ACDC Luci Premium...learning curve would be an understatement! I was hoping for any help/advice on protecting the plastics. Recently snapped a piece off the printed plastic above the TNT targets (right on the screw hole too) so it’s kinda flopping around during game play. Also another spot on a bumper closer to under the bell. Sorry if I have the terminology wrong..... but I’ll get there . I’ve seen a few clear plastic protectors online...tho typically sold out. If anyone has similar issues or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..... Cheers!

#2513 4 years ago

The bad news is that typically, you cannot purchase one plastic piece without purchasing the entire set, as far as I know.
The good news is that you can get the complete set here, as well as some other places probably:
https://www.pinballlife.com/acdc-le-premium-playfield-plastics-set.html
On the protectors, I purchased a set off ebay from Germany...
This is an example:
ebay.com link: Plastic Protectors Set for STERN AC DC Pro Premium LE Pinball Machine
I am sure that there are other places you can get the protectors also, but I did get the set I needed in about a month...

1 week later
#2514 4 years ago

i will produce some new stainless steel panels for AC DC Classic cabinet pro/prem/le not for the vault

if you are interested PM me today

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stainless-steel-speakerpanels-acdc-tron-lotr-star-trek

05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209-3 (resized).jpg05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209-3 (resized).jpg
#2515 4 years ago

I am sure my attract mode has suddenly speeded up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I remember my TWD did this and there was a fix for it.

#2516 4 years ago

So, it is actually flickering GI that is the issue.

And found this thread for anyone else with an issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-gi-lights-flickering

#2517 3 years ago

New code for Iron Man today.

Keep the faith.

In Lyman we trust

#2518 3 years ago

Hey All. Just bought an AC/DC Premier Vault recently. This is my first pinball machine and absolutely love it. Now having fun adding mods to it. Looking to get a stage roof, cpr9999 is willing to make another batch but needs 10 people to commit. Any one else interested?

#2519 3 years ago

I may be in for the stage roof. How much do they cost?

#2520 3 years ago

Is there an eject ball power setting like on other Stern pinballs?

#2521 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there an eject ball power setting like on other Stern pinballs?

Nope.

Rob

#2523 3 years ago

I have a problem with my left flipper, it drops power and feels very weak. Recently I played another AD/DC premium and it was a totally different game with a strong “normal” left flipper.

I ordered a new complete flipper kit, coil and installed it. But it’s no difference.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

I have a problem with my left flipper, it drops power and feels very weak. Recently I played another AD/DC premium and it was a totally different game with a strong “normal” left flipper.
I ordered a new complete flipper kit, coil and installed it. But it’s no difference.

Did you check your leaf switches at the flipper buttons? What happens in switch and solenoid test?

#2525 3 years ago

Also be absolutely certain the EOS switches are making good contact. I’ve had even new ones not make good contact. Use the switch test to see if they are fostering every time.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2526 3 years ago

So, I was just wondering what happens if you complete tour, jam and album multiballs in the same game?

Never done it of course.

#2527 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, I was just wondering what happens if you complete tour, jam and album multiballs in the same game?
Never done it of course.

What do you mean complete them?

#2528 3 years ago

Finish them so insert remains lit for rest of game.

So, get SJ in each of them to complete all 3.

Super hard to do.

Don't think there is any award for doing this?

Doubt I will ever do it so it's not a big worry!

#2529 3 years ago

Ok yeah. Pretty hard to get a SJP in all three in one game. Takes like 15-16 jackpots in each to even light the SJP at the bell.

I don’t think there’s anything that happens if you were to do that though.

#2530 3 years ago

Not many people do it I guess.

Would be cool if there were a 50 million award or something but not something I am going to lose sleep over!

#2531 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you check your leaf switches at the flipper buttons? What happens in switch and solenoid test?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also be absolutely certain the EOS switches are making good contact. I’ve had even new ones not make good contact. Use the switch test to see if they are fostering every time.

Have done the test in the menu and everything seems fine. The blade switch looks good.What else can it be?? It's driving me crazy!

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

What else can it be??

Not sure. Sorry you’re having issues.

#2533 3 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

ave done the test in the menu and everything seems fine. The blade switch looks good.What else can it be?? It's driving me crazy!

Those flippers are single wound like the old data east. They are full power only when the EOS is registering as closed. Otherwise they get duty cycled. For some reason you are not getting full power. Check out pinwiki.com and review the data east and white star sections for weak flippers as a start. I think I have jumpered the EOS in the past to test on data east but have never done it on a SAM

#2534 3 years ago

Oh and if you want the schematics for SAM download the Shrek Manual. Pro tip from an amateur

#2535 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced the lower PF on a premium/LE with a Luci lower PF? I'm on the fence about doing this on my LE.

#2536 3 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-stern-playfield-apron

Someone should grab this. Had this on my old AC/DC with the Pinball Refinery light kit under it. Was killer and this apron is priced real good for the red version.

#2537 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from KJL:

Those flippers are single wound like the old data east. They are full power only when the EOS is registering as closed. Otherwise they get duty cycled. For some reason you are not getting full power. Check out pinwiki.com and review the data east and white star sections for weak flippers as a start. I think I have jumpered the EOS in the past to test on data east but have never done it on a SAM

Now I finally solved the problem! It was the leaf switches after all! Thank you all for your help!

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-stern-playfield-apron
Someone should grab this. Had this on my old AC/DC with the Pinball Refinery light kit under it. Was killer and this apron is priced real good for the red version.

Agree. Having the Red translucent apron is a killer On this pin. When I co-organized a pinball show we had as a guest Steve, he visited even my gameroom , and he took care of one for me

1 week later
#2539 3 years ago

Gonna try leaving the club as I posted mine for sale locally. I bought mine back in 2013 NIB when after a several year hiatus, I decided to get back into the pinball hobby. It was a toss up between Luci and Star Trek LE. I thought I would keep my Luci, but, well, just time to move on from it I guess.

Rob

#2540 3 years ago

We could do with the oi mania fix in these strange times - please

#2541 3 years ago

Hey, does anyone have any good instruction cards?

#2542 3 years ago

These are the ones I made/use.

ACDC Instuctions (resized).jpgACDC Instuctions (resized).jpg

362728BA-3FE7-4FD5-B5F9-468F3A19604E (resized).jpeg362728BA-3FE7-4FD5-B5F9-468F3A19604E (resized).jpeg
#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

Hey, does anyone have any good instruction cards?

Someone else made these and I think they look pretty cool

#2544 3 years ago

Thanks guys, those will work!

#2545 3 years ago

Hey guys, thinking about the hookedonpinball’s gen 5 lightning bolts for my pro vault. Anyone got any of the versions? I remember loving these when I saw them on a game way back when. But, Are they too blinding facing the player or well used?

Thanks

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, thinking about the hookedonpinball’s gen 5 lightning bolts for my pro vault. Anyone got any of the versions? I remember loving these when I saw them on a game way back when. But, Are they too blinding facing the player or well used?
Thanks

Not sure which generation they are, but I got the red ones with white lights. They are supposed to be lightning bolts and they pretty much flash very bright, like lightning. Almost blinding, to be honest, but that is the whole idea. I think these should have been there in the 1st place instead of the ones that Stern supplied initially, which looked pretty lame with those small bulbs positioned behind them.

gray posts (resized).jpggray posts (resized).jpg
#2547 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks

Have you seen the pinbits ones? You can choose the color of them. They aren't as blinding. http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_69&zenid=e5f5714682708206fa30525329cb6315

#2548 3 years ago

Stern had some new design for the vault games which are much better than original.

I am going to miss my Luci, she is tentatively sold now.

Rob

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Stern had some new design for the vault games which are much better than original.
I am going to miss my Luci, she is tentatively sold now.
Rob

I have the Vault, where the lightning bolts have a different light stock than the originals. I installed the blue pinbits flashers, I really like the look of them.

57063540884__FE1E271E-A32D-44CD-A1BA-45D44EBAD08F (resized).JPG57063540884__FE1E271E-A32D-44CD-A1BA-45D44EBAD08F (resized).JPG
#2550 3 years ago

Hi all.

I have received my Luci last week and was really disappointed with the quality of the musics... we cant do a lot of things to improve the quality due to the mono-16bit-24kHz of the songs.

I have done a new BIN with new compressed Musics for Premium ACDC (same as the originals but with a better sound). You can download it here if you want :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkjdvx4bu4b0hi0/ACD170LE.BIN?dl=0

If it can help you.

Yanflip

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/51?hl=mach5amps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.