Topic Stats

• 2,521 posts
  • 308 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 488 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209-3 (resized).jpg
20200301_154443 (resized).jpg
20200301_154357 (resized).jpg
05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209-2 (resized).jpg
BDB918EC-4674-4568-8B4A-E6EBFF9C345B (resized).jpeg
71D47308-7BCD-4530-8C22-12261A8BEB05 (resized).jpeg
7CC62F55-1330-43D2-9217-11CF5FDECDB0 (resized).jpeg
6C7CFC00-F967-4058-B620-0532874EEBC8 (resized).jpeg
20200111_180247 (resized).jpg
20191227_090245 (resized).jpg
20191218_193501 (resized).jpg
20191218_193502 (resized).jpg
Malcolm_Young_Gretsch_Guitar_Mod (resized).jpg
F5E4370A-CBE8-420F-86B7-A6C804D5FE7A (resized).png
F0FFF37C-1F4E-4B11-96CB-70A45A932B86 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2521 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 51.
#2501 49 days ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone is interested in the cannon mod that Matt from BAC and I do together, I have a few in stock and ready to go. Here is the link to my website to order one.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Shoot-to-Thrill-Mod/p/21791862/category=4730922

Thanks,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery[quoted image]

I re-stock some more of these AC/DC Cannon mods and I have 4 in stock and ready to ship out if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#2502 48 days ago

After 7 years my cannon is binding near the end of its travel. The cannon shaft has quite a bit of up-down play and when I went to adjust it, I could not get the set screw loose even with heat. It must have moved on the shaft to cause the problem but the screw is on with a form of loctite.

Now, I have read about the set screw on the motor but not the cannon shaft which makes it impossible to get the cannon assembly off.

Has anyone come up with a easier answer than drilling it out? Anyone think a left hand drill bit might do it?

Thanks for any clues.

#2503 48 days ago
Quoted from KJL:

After 7 years my cannon is binding near the end of its travel. The cannon shaft has quite a bit of up-down play and when I went to adjust it, I could not get the set screw loose even with heat. It must have moved on the shaft to cause the problem but the screw is on with a form of loctite.
Now, I have read about the set screw on the motor but not the cannon shaft which makes it impossible to get the cannon assembly off.
Has anyone come up with a easier answer than drilling it out? Anyone think a left hand drill bit might do it?
Thanks for any clues.

Instead of heat, try freezing it.

#2504 42 days ago

I'm having trouble installing Chroma 4.2 update

I'm currently on 3.3

Have tried 2 known good sticks, Confirmed file name chroma.rom

I install stick, press and hold left tact sw, display goes blank, I wait and wait a few minutes.

Nothing happens, power cycle pin, still stuck on 3.3

What's going on ?

#2505 42 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm currently on 3.3
I install stick, press and hold left tact sw, display goes blank, I wait and wait a few minutes.
What's going on ?

Check your board type; it might not be a Chroma board. Sounds like the problem I had, but it turned out I had a pre-Chroma ColorDMD board, so I had to install the normal ColorDMD code rather than the Chroma code. That might be your issue.

#2506 42 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I'm currently on 3.3
What's going on ?

Per instructions on the ColorDMD website at this url:
http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware_chroma.html
No power cycling is required...
:
Instructions for Updating Firmware
Click on the appropriate game ROM file above. (new AC/DC Premium/LE in our case)
Save the ROM file to a USB flash drive as "CHROMA.ROM". Saved file name must match EXACTLY!
Drive must be formatted as MS FAT32. Most new drives come formatted as MS FAT32 from the manufacturer.
(If you are using a MAC or other Apple computer, could be special procedures to format for FAT32)
Turn game on and install flash drive into ColorDMD USB port.
Press and hold the left button for 5 seconds until the backlight turns off.
Wait for the backlight to turn back on (about 30 seconds).
If the backlight does not turn on and the PROG light is repeatedly blinking, the CHROMA.ROM file was not found on the thumb drive. Please check the file name.
Remove the flash drive.
After installation, you can press the right button to verify that the ROM is now showing the correct version (for example, AFM2 2.0). If the product key is showing the words 'KEY INVALID' followed by eight blank spaces, it will need to be manually entered. This step is normally not required unless unlocking a display for the first time.
:
If that procedure did not work, I would contact ColorDMD technical support at info@colordmd.com to start with...

#2507 38 days ago

The new game room is close enough to done that I took the machine out of its mummy wrap. Despite the plastic sheet and tape, over the fleece blanket wrapped pin, it still looks like it needs a good cleaning. Time to search the forums for tips about cleaning these things. Yup, still noob.

71D47308-7BCD-4530-8C22-12261A8BEB05 (resized).jpegBDB918EC-4674-4568-8B4A-E6EBFF9C345B (resized).jpeg
#2508 37 days ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

The new game room is close enough to done that I took the machine out of its mummy wrap. ...

Nice! Good thing AC/DC comes in Badger Red eh?

#2509 37 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Check your board type; it might not be a Chroma board. Sounds like the problem I had, but it turned out I had a pre-Chroma ColorDMD board, so I had to install the normal ColorDMD code rather than the Chroma code. That might be your issue.

That was it !
Thank you beelzeboob

Color DMD in Hi Res Rocks on this game !!

#2511 33 days ago

Posting for reference.
tl;dr
IRL2910 is a good replacement for the stock NXP buk9529 MOSFETS.

I had my dancing band coil lock up and in addition to adding a nice smoke show it also killed the drive transistor. When I looked into a replacement, it turns out the game uses a unique MOSFET instead of the typical TIP transistor. And of course it is an obsolete and unavailable part. After studying a few datasheets, I found a good replacement. The original component is NXP buk9529. There are four of these on the auxiliary driver board 520-5325-00 (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5325-00) labeled as Q1-Q4 (the ones with the giant heatsinks). They control the bell magnet, dancing band and two other things I don't remember. The replacement part is Infineon IRL2910 (https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/942-IRL2910PBF). To feed my neurotic tendencies, I also added a little dab of thermal paste to the heatsink interface on install. I am happy to say it all works as expected and the little dancing guys are back at it. I hope this info comes in handy.
20200301_154443 (resized).jpg20200301_154357 (resized).jpg

#2512 27 days ago

Hi guys.... Pretty much a newbie to all things pin but have my first machine recently ACDC Luci Premium...learning curve would be an understatement! I was hoping for any help/advice on protecting the plastics. Recently snapped a piece off the printed plastic above the TNT targets (right on the screw hole too) so it’s kinda flopping around during game play. Also another spot on a bumper closer to under the bell. Sorry if I have the terminology wrong..... but I’ll get there . I’ve seen a few clear plastic protectors online...tho typically sold out. If anyone has similar issues or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..... Cheers!

#2513 24 days ago

The bad news is that typically, you cannot purchase one plastic piece without purchasing the entire set, as far as I know.
The good news is that you can get the complete set here, as well as some other places probably:
https://www.pinballlife.com/acdc-le-premium-playfield-plastics-set.html
On the protectors, I purchased a set off ebay from Germany...
This is an example:
ebay.com link » Plastic Protectors Set For Stern Ac Dc Pro Premium Le Pinball Machine
I am sure that there are other places you can get the protectors also, but I did get the set I needed in about a month...

1 week later
#2514 15 days ago

i will produce some new stainless steel panels for AC DC Classic cabinet pro/prem/le not for the vault

if you are interested PM me today

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stainless-steel-speakerpanels-acdc-tron-lotr-star-trek

05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209-3 (resized).jpg
#2515 13 days ago

I am sure my attract mode has suddenly speeded up.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I remember my TWD did this and there was a fix for it.

#2516 12 days ago

So, it is actually flickering GI that is the issue.

And found this thread for anyone else with an issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-gi-lights-flickering

#2517 9 days ago

New code for Iron Man today.

Keep the faith.

In Lyman we trust

#2518 3 days ago

Hey All. Just bought an AC/DC Premier Vault recently. This is my first pinball machine and absolutely love it. Now having fun adding mods to it. Looking to get a stage roof, cpr9999 is willing to make another batch but needs 10 people to commit. Any one else interested?

#2519 3 days ago

I may be in for the stage roof. How much do they cost?

#2520 1 day ago

Is there an eject ball power setting like on other Stern pinballs?

#2521 1 day ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Is there an eject ball power setting like on other Stern pinballs?

Nope.

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Walton, KY
$ 11.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
There are 2521 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 51.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside