20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 67.
#2451 4 years ago

Gonna have to be more specific. Which scoop or scoops aren’t working? There are three. Two upper and one lower.

The playfield light issue is probably a connector under the playfield. Check for loose connections down there.

#2452 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Gonna have to be more specific. Which scoop or scoops aren’t working? There are three. Two upper and one lower.
The playfield light issue is probably a connector under the playfield. Check for loose connections down there.

How did that lit target mod work out?

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

How did that lit target mod work out?

Great! Thanks again.

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I believe it is the right orbit shot into the scoop that changes the songs at the very top.

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I believe it is the right orbit shot into the scoop that changes the songs at the very top.

Put the game into switch test and place the ball in there. Does it register? If not, switch issue.

#2456 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put the game into switch test and place the ball in there. Does it register? If not, switch issue.

@ chuckwurt

Thanks for the quick replies.
I will pass this on to Mike (the owner).
Wish I had the game at my house as it would be easier to try out the diagnoses, but alas, I have no room for another pin.

#2457 4 years ago

No worries. Here to help.

#2458 4 years ago

What do you guys think the odds are of us seeing the long awaited code update that gives us a finished OI Mania award and hopefully (fingers crossed) some halfway to Encore mini-wizard mode in 2020?

#2460 4 years ago

Those odds increased exponentially as I got tired of waiting and finally moved AC/DC out of my line-up to grab a JP Prem.

Miss the game but after 7 years of ownership I needed a change.

#2461 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Those odds increased exponentially as I got tired of waiting and finally moved AC/DC out of my line-up to grab a JP Prem.
Miss the game but after 7 years of ownership I needed a change.

Anything that will help the odds. Thank you!

#2462 4 years ago

I finished it myself. I just yell out OI! everytime I hit a target.

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

What do you guys think the odds are of us seeing the long awaited code update that gives us a finished OI Mania award and hopefully (fingers crossed) some halfway to Encore mini-wizard mode in 2020?

Don't know but hopefully soon. After trying the latest code 1.7 for a while I went back to a previous code 1.65 for various reasons. Lyman and co are wonderful but it's not ideal to put out a code with a non functioning part and then leave it like that for ages. And it really could use a more attainable wizard mode or two. Encore is miles away over the horizon, you need to pack your lunch to get there.

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks vireland. I had actually ordered a few of these cheap boards, and that wasn't the problem. Turned out the factory soldered two wires on backwards on original light board. Posted the fix a couple pages back. Curious if anyone else has the axe light board wired wrong as well?

Someone that worked on my machine before I got it, put the plugs on the grinder LED card in the wrong spots. The result was significantly more that just one lane light being displayed with the wrong color. The plugs for the GI lights also plug on this card and those plugs were also in the wrong spot. So, if I was playing on the lower playfield, for instance, some of the lights on the main playfield lighted instead of those below. The larger plugs for the RGB boards were also connected to the wrong plugs, which had strange results. It is not obvious where the plugs go on that card without checking the manual to see where they go.

#2465 4 years ago

Gang, I recently installed the 12inch Super kit from PinWoofer in my Luci.

Let me tell you, the difference in clarity is staggering. I have owned the game for years and was never fully satisfied with the sound until now. I had even used PinBrowser to replace all my tracks, just to improve the quality of the samples. That helped, but still left me dissatisfied.

If you really want to add some crisp AND boom to your game, reach out to Dan. Not only is the product awesome, but his service is world-class.

#2466 4 years ago

I simply do not have that level of OCD

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

10-1.

Would be nice just to get OI-Mania fixed

#2468 4 years ago

I fluked a sweep of TNT targets last week, first time in about 50 games.

Is a sweep of the 3 targets common ?

Wonder if Lyman might consider to add a call out or reward for a TNT sweep ?

In addition, Installed the cannon mod the other day. It's a nice finishing touch.

AC/DC pin is Awesome !

20191227_090245 (resized).jpg20191227_090245 (resized).jpg20200111_180247 (resized).jpg20200111_180247 (resized).jpg
#2469 4 years ago

I made it! I’m in the club now boys! Luci Vault

6C7CFC00-F967-4058-B620-0532874EEBC8 (resized).jpeg6C7CFC00-F967-4058-B620-0532874EEBC8 (resized).jpeg
#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I fluked a sweep of TNT targets last week, first time in about 50 games.
Is a sweep of the 3 targets common ?
Wonder if Lyman might consider to add a call out or reward for a TNT sweep ?
In addition, Installed the cannon mod the other day. It's a nice finishing touch.
AC/DC pin is Awesome ! [quoted image][quoted image]

Cannon looks good!

For tnt do you mean you got the three TNT letter targets in order from left to right?

I think there is some sort of bonus or something if you hit all three whole banks, AC⚡️DC TNT and ROCK left to right, which is pretty much impossible lol

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I think there is some sort of bonus or something if you hit all three whole banks, AC⚡️DC TNT and ROCK left to right, which is pretty much impossible lol

Close. You get a bonus for hitting multiple banks on one shot, not completing all of them in one shot. You’re right. That’s impossible. Haha. But let’s say you’re in album MB and only have one target left on all banks, totally possible to finish all of them while super targets is running for a big payoff.

Super Targets: “Target bank combos active. 2x second bank, 3x third bank.” If you hit two or three different target banks with the same shot, the second hit is worth double, and the third hit is worth triple. This can be significant in the target bank songs, and is especially beneficial in Album Multiball, where it can award a 2x or 3x Song Bonus.

#2472 4 years ago

Thanks for rules detail
My lack of understanding rules is my weakness
Yeah it was just the 3 TNT targets that I somehow nailed in one hit. Thought it was pretty awesome same as Maiden. But no reward from AC/DC.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Close. You get a bonus for hitting multiple banks on one shot, not completing all of them in one shot. You’re right. That’s impossible. Haha. But let’s say you’re in album MB and only have one target left on all banks, totally possible to finish all of them while super targets is running for a big payoff.
Super Targets: “Target bank combos active. 2x second bank, 3x third bank.” If you hit two or three different target banks with the same shot, the second hit is worth double, and the third hit is worth triple. This can be significant in the target bank songs, and is especially beneficial in Album Multiball, where it can award a 2x or 3x Song Bonus.

Sorry, I mean multiple shots. Like three shots and you hit T then N then T. Doesn’t have to be consecutive. Like, you could hit R then O then a bunch of other stuff, then C then other stuff and finally K, and that would count as hitting it in order.

I didn’t know about what your explained either, though.

#2474 4 years ago

No bonuses for what you’re talking about.

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No bonuses for what you’re talking about.

This is from the rules sheet, under Album Multiball, just not all the time. Forgot about that part.

“If you complete any target bank in order, from left to right, you will earn a Double Jackpot.”

#2476 4 years ago

Yep during MB that is true.

1 week later
#2478 4 years ago

About to leave the club! Looks like encore will elude me forever.

Going to trade mine towards a STH LE. It was fun while it lasted though! This is still one of the best games I’ve ever played. Surprised I got 2k games on this thing in just over a year.

#2479 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Going to trade mine towards a STH LE. It was fun while it lasted though! This is still one of the best games I’ve ever played. Surprised I got 2k games on this thing in just over a year.

Seems like a bad trade lol - also I thought you already had one. On the plus side, there's always lots of AC/DC's to grab later.

#2480 4 years ago

Yeah hard to get rid of this but I ain’t buying a LE straight out. Had to sell a few games and I don’t have a lot of high value games. It was this or GOT. Never selling that.

Good thing is these things are everywhere so I won’t have any issues getting my fix.

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

About to leave the club! ... Going to trade mine towards a STH LE. ...

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah hard to get rid of this but I ain’t buying a LE straight out. Had to sell a few games and I don’t have a lot of high value games. It was this or GOT. Never selling that.
Good thing is these things are everywhere so I won’t have any issues getting my fix.

Look forward to your streams on whatever game you get next.

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I really wish Lyman had just released a fix for OI mania and maybe a few other small things. The song rule changes were really necessary though so I am glad the last update was done. But, too bad it wasn't done sooner. We're into 2020 now and a 7 or 8 year old game is not quite complete with one of the features being broken for almost 2 years now. Colordmd never updated the ACDC code either so that left more things kinda broken looking.

Rob

#2486 4 years ago

Yeah that stinks. And funny I’m trading this game for a game that has 12 modes and has wizard modes after 4,6,8,12. I feel like ACDC could’ve benefited from something similar to break up the long path to encore.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really wish Lyman had just released a fix for OI mania and maybe a few other small things. The song rule changes were really necessary though so I am glad the last update was done. But, too bad it wasn't done sooner. We're into 2020 now and a 7 or 8 year old game is not quite complete with one of the features being broken for almost 2 years now. Colordmd never updated the ACDC code either so that left more things kinda broken looking.
Rob

I have kind of given up getting the 'thing' that Lyman programmed to come after 6 songs. Would have been fantastic to get it.

Would just like OI mania fixed as it sucks to get there and er, nothing.

#2488 4 years ago

In Lyman we Trust

#2489 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

In Lyman we Trust

Indeed!

Got 4 Lyman coded games and they are all superb.

AFM, MB, Tron and AC/DC.

However Encore is just too far away for all but the elite player sadly.

#2490 4 years ago

It’s a Long Way to the Top if you want to Rock and Roll!!

#2491 4 years ago

I wonder if there's any way we can convince Lyman to add "Encore" as a separate gameplay option at start? -similar to what is being done on Jurassic Park. Encore would be perfect for this since it's 3 ball and has enough depth to justify the option. Yeah, the points won't be as lucrative but it would be a fun way to experience the mode and practice for when you do get there during general gameplay.

1 week later
#2492 4 years ago

Sweet.

7CC62F55-1330-43D2-9217-11CF5FDECDB0 (resized).jpeg7CC62F55-1330-43D2-9217-11CF5FDECDB0 (resized).jpeg
#2493 4 years ago

There were new animations on the lower playfield? I didn't realize that....

Rob

#2494 4 years ago

I'm still like 3 versions back. I don't want to lose the songs I have, and what appear to be custom animations to match(?)

#2495 4 years ago

Nice!

Hopefully color dmd guys will have to do this one more time.

Oi

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Sweet.[quoted image]

I am happy to report that I updated my LED ColorDMD display with the new 1.70 CROMA.ROM code update (4.2) available on the ColorDMD website and it seems to work fine on my AC/DC Premium.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm still like 3 versions back. I don't want to lose the songs I have, and what appear to be custom animations to match(?)

I see a 2X devil's horns animation in color now, on code 1.70.

#2498 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the original run of premiums had mirror blades from the factory?Thanks.

#2499 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Can anyone confirm that the original run of premiums had mirror blades from the factory?Thanks.

No they did not.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

No they did not.

Thanks brother, was not sure if it is a mod on our game or not!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/50?hl=iceman66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.