20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 67.
#2401 4 years ago

Guess I'll look at the test menu tonight as well as the connections. I didn't even know an rgb test was in the menu. Thanks guys

#2402 4 years ago

Can somebody confirm the wiring on the "A" AXE light board for me please? The X & E boards have the yellow and pink wires flipped around. I'm wondering if this light board under the A got wires on wrong.

IMG_20191208_132338030 (resized).jpgIMG_20191208_132338030 (resized).jpg
#2403 4 years ago

Edit above....that fixed it!!!! Factory wiring was on wrong. Swapped around the red and green wires in middle. Thanks for the advice guys.

#2404 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in the cannon mod that Matt from BAC and I do together, I have a few in stock and ready to go. Here is the link to my website to order one.

https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Shoot-to-Thrill-Mod/p/21791862/category=4730922

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2405 4 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

If anyone is interested in the cannon mod that Matt from BAC and I do together, I have a few in stock and ready to go. Here is the link to my website to order one.
https://mipinballrefinery.com/store-to-order-upgrades#!/Shoot-to-Thrill-Mod/p/21791862/category=4730922
Thanks,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery[quoted image]

Matt does AMAZING work! I have the one from PBL that he painted (I also have his ships for my AFMrLE and STTNG), but my cannon doesn't have the orange LEDs underneath. And this is $25 less than what I paid. DAMN!

#2406 4 years ago

You can check my last video of gameplay on AC/DC, should i level it diferent, what can i improve?

Thanks

#2407 4 years ago

I wathed the first 1:30 of it and didn't see anything that looked like it wasnt level. That's easy to check with a level too. What's your concern? That will help us figure out what you feel is off.

#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wathed the first 1:30 of it and didn't see anything that looked like it wasnt level. That's easy to check with a level too. What's your concern? That will help us figure out what you feel is off.

Same here I see nothing to level from video at all. Maybe point to an issue in video to assist.

Best is level it with your phone or level and be done with it.

#2409 4 years ago

Don't most of us have the back right leg set higher anyway to reduce SDTM from popper exit/Bell hit?

#2410 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Same here I see nothing to level from video at all. Maybe point to an issue in video to assist.
Best is level it with your phone or level and be done with it.

My point was if i should level it hard, to increase the ball speed, what is you level degree?

#2411 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

My point was if i should level it hard, to increase the ball speed, what is you level degree?

Your game so change the pitch to what's fun for you.

Fun fact - steeper doesn't always mean harder. It can make trapping easier and thus a game like ACDC easier. 6.5 to 7 degrees is normally the sweet spot depending on game.

#2412 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Your game so change the pitch to what's fun for you.
Fun fact - steeper doesn't always mean harder. It can make trapping easier and thus a game like ACDC easier. 6.5 to 7 degrees is normally the sweet spot depending on game.

Thanks

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

6.8 for me

#2414 4 years ago

Illuminated drop target mod. Never used. Pm me if interested. Instructions should still be in mezel mods site.

F0FFF37C-1F4E-4B11-96CB-70A45A932B86 (resized).jpegF0FFF37C-1F4E-4B11-96CB-70A45A932B86 (resized).jpeg
#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Illuminated drop target mod. Never used. Pm me if interested. Instructions should still be in mezel mods site.[quoted image]

https://mezelmods.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003752794-AC-DC-Bolts

#2416 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Illuminated drop target mod. Never used. Pm me if interested. Instructions should still be in mezel mods site.[quoted image]

Sold. I apologize to the Australian Pinsiders. I should have listed it as US shipping. Sorry.

#2417 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Sold. I apologize to the Australian Pinsiders. I should have listed it as US shipping. Sorry.

FYI - for those that missed out Mezel mods still sells them.

#2418 4 years ago

Thanks. Seems like a cool mod. I just have too many mods on my game. Zitt sells a similar transparent target that can be lit up if others are looking for this type of mod. Some guys are doing all three targets on Metallica and Maiden. ... looks pretty good.

#2419 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

FYI - for those that missed out Mezel mods still sells them.

When I searched for original price I Could of sworn I seen not avail. Great if they still do.

#2420 4 years ago

I'm usually not a mod person, but for some reason this particular game makes me want to mod it to death

#2421 4 years ago
F5E4370A-CBE8-420F-86B7-A6C804D5FE7A (resized).pngF5E4370A-CBE8-420F-86B7-A6C804D5FE7A (resized).png
#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm usually not a mod person, but for some reason this particular game makes me want to mod it to death

It can get out of hand quick....

#2423 4 years ago

My latest install... I need to figure out how to do a better job on homemade mounting brackets. This is a mini-replica of Malcolm Young's Gretsch Jet. Looks good to me! I should have gotten a better picture (mostly lighting issues, couldn't get a clean shot without glare from the flash).

I did also get my PinWoofer system installed. Install was easy, and the sound is night and day better. I'm waiting on some special fasteners from Mouser to be able to put in the lighted speakers and devil chick silhouette things, in addition to the Pyle 4" speakers that are now installed - but that'll probably wait till after drywall/paint.

On that note, I'm progressing on my game room build. I'll be hanging drywall next. The pinball machine will have to stay in the room when I'm doing all this (no realistic other option). So, it's going to be mothballed, wrapped in plastic sheeting and taped, until drywall and paint is done. I'm going to miss playing it.

Malcolm_Young_Gretsch_Guitar_Mod (resized).jpgMalcolm_Young_Gretsch_Guitar_Mod (resized).jpg
#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

[quoted image]

If you ping them I bet they would make another run...worth a shot.

#2425 4 years ago

Thanks,
Steve

One left

#2426 4 years ago

You out now? If you have one PM me and I’ll take one

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

You out now? If you have one PM me and I’ll take one

I saw one left on the site yesterday.

#2428 4 years ago

Thanks,
Steve

I opened up my website to allow 5 more orders of this AC/DC cannon mod, if ordered I can have them in about a week or so.

For those who placed their orders I will be shipping them out today.

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

#2429 4 years ago

I opened up my website to allow 5 more orders of this AC/DC cannon mod, if ordered I can have them in about a week or so.
For those who placed their orders I will be shipping them out today.
Thanks,
Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

How hard are these to break?

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How hard are these to break?

They are made from a very durable molded resin plastic by Matt from BAC. The earlier versions had a few problems with the spoke wheel breaking with air balls, so I always included a spare wheel. Since then Matt made some improvements to make the wheel stronger and I have not heard of any breaking.

#2431 4 years ago

I opened up my website to allow 5 more orders of this AC/DC cannon mod

I am stoked to get one! This cannon is the best on the market. Back Alley does amazing work ... as does Pinball Refinery.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I am stoked to get one! This cannon is the best on the market. Back Alley does amazing work ... as does Pinball Refinery.

It’s the only one. These are not available anywhere unless you can find one out China. They are BB shooters, I was lucky to find one for both acdc games I’ve had. I’d suggesting getting one from Steve before they are gone, it’s like the witch mod for woz.

#2433 4 years ago

They are made from a very durable molded resin plastic by Matt from BAC. The earlier versions had a few problems with the spoke wheel braking with air balls, so I always included a spare wheel. Since then Matt made some improvements to make the wheel stronger and I have not heard of any breaking.

Matt is a stand up guy. I messaged him about purchasing a replacement wheel after having issues with mine and he sent me one immediately and wouldn't accept any cash. Great guy who gained a customer for life.

EDIT: It's not about the few bucks that he decided not to charge me but more-so about the fact that he appears to truly like this hobby and cares about customers.

#2434 4 years ago

I replaced the flasher with el paper for more even lighting on the roof mod. Looks great! Thanks for the mod cpr9999.

20191218_193501 (resized).jpg20191218_193501 (resized).jpg20191218_193502 (resized).jpg20191218_193502 (resized).jpg
#2435 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s the only one. These are not available anywhere unless you can find one out China. They are BB shooters, I was lucky to find one for both acdc games I’ve had. I’d suggesting getting one from Steve before they are gone, it’s like the witch mod for woz.

I’ve brought back and sold a few of the plastic toys from my trips to China. Back alley creations is a “harden version” - thus in my opinion much better than the original toy. I use Back alleys on my machine. And led light up wiring in my cannon from pinball refinery. Nice mod!

#2436 4 years ago

Anyone ever have the lower playfield left flipper stay in up position When game powered on ? I was thinking bad transitor is the normal cause but after game powered off and back on the flipper works as it should..... Weird.

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anyone ever have the lower playfield left flipper stay in up position When game powered on ? I was thinking bad transitor is the normal cause but after game powered off and back on the flipper works as it should..... Weird.

Check the mechanism and the coil sleeve to make sure it moves easily and such...

#2438 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Ive having a similar issue...
Can you check please
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/left-flipper-problem-ac-dc-q15-transistor#post-5363202

#2439 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Check the mechanism and the coil sleeve to make sure it moves easily and such...

Will do. Weird how power down fixed it though.

#2440 4 years ago

Years ago I held top left flipper in to hold ball while talking on phone. It blew transitor . Replaced and all ok. Seems like your issue is more involved.
Following your thread.

#2441 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Flipper goes in to up position by its self and stays there until power off. Cycle power and it works normal again.

#2442 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks. I'll look into it. Looking more like rgb board is bad. Not sure it's worth worrying about for $102+ though.

That board is $1.39 at pinball life.

https://www.pinballlife.com/rgb-pcb-led-replacement-board.html

#2443 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Flipper goes in to up position by its self and stays there until power off. Cycle power and it works normal again.

Correction. Lower playfield left flipper goes to flip position when one of the hell soungs selected and ball goes in jukebox.

Cycle game power and problem goes away ...

If transistor was bad flipper would stay in up position all the time and cycling power would have no effect. Any ideas?

#2444 4 years ago

I dont think so as shooting the scoop in that instance energizes the mini of. That's why those dont flip all the time.

My bet is bad transistor on that line.

#2445 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I dont think so as shooting the scoop in that instance energizes the mini of. That's why those dont flip all the time.
My bet is bad transistor on that line.
I understand but thought transitor eigher work or the don’t. Apparently this one is failing and works properly intermittently. Thanks.

#2446 4 years ago

I understand but thought a transitor either works or fails. This one is working intermittently... thanks.

#2447 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Correction. Lower playfield left flipper goes to flip position when one of the hell soungs selected and ball goes in jukebox.
Cycle game power and problem goes away ...
If transistor was bad flipper would stay in up position all the time and cycling power would have no effect. Any ideas?

In older sega/data east games, that issue was sometimes caused by a broken solder on a diode.

#2448 4 years ago

Thanks vireland. I had actually ordered a few of these cheap boards, and that wasn't the problem. Turned out the factory soldered two wires on backwards on original light board. Posted the fix a couple pages back. Curious if anyone else has the axe light board wired wrong as well?

#2449 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks vireland. I had actually ordered a few of these cheap boards, and that wasn't the problem. Turned out the factory soldered two wires on backwards on original light board. Posted the fix a couple pages back. Curious if anyone else has the axe light board wired wrong as well?

I've never had a Stern RGB board wired backwards, but I can see how it could happen at the end of a long day soldering (or a hungover Monday).

1 week later
#2450 4 years ago

I have a friend who owns an AC/DC Premium as the 2nd owner, HUO.
He's had it for the last 4-5 years and in his words below has experienced the following problems, mainly top scoop problems:

Started out top scoop won’t eject the ball, but it does eject during coil test
Replaced & tested the switch & diode

Was advised to reseat all of the connections, which I think I did

Many of the lights don’t work on the lower half of the playfield --
AC/DC, Rock, 2x, 3x, multiball, fire, special, shoot again & the whole cluster in that area don’t light

Sub playfield seems to work O.K. except I cannot manually check the switches

Everything else seems to function
I don’t remember if the lights stopped working with the scoop or whether that was a result of reseating connections
The right return ramp switch was not registering either, but I fixed it & is now working

Also, ball does not eject from scoop during ball search

Thought I'd throw this on Pinside for my friend to see if the experts out there have any ideas, especially the top scoop issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.