20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 67.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

So here's where my inexperience comes in. I go in switch test mode, and it really doesn't do much but make a sound and show if the + or - switch is pushed, or a flipper etc. So I go to the active switch test, and it shows the cannon mark switch active, probably because the cannon is at a 45 deg angle. But still not moving.

If you push on the switch and you see it registering on the screen and makes a sound, it’s working.

Is the cannon binding? What does cannon do in the cannon motor test, #32?

Can you test both 61 and 62 switches?

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If you push on the switch and you see it registering on the screen and makes a sound, it’s working.
Is the cannon binding? What does cannon do in the cannon motor test, #32?
Can you test both 61 and 62 switches?

I went to the cannon test , in the cannon test special section, and it gives me the failed move to switch 61 message up front. Are 61 and 62 optos? This is Premium Vault, about 9 mos old HUO.

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I went to the cannon test , in the cannon test special section, and it gives me the failed move to switch 61 message up front. Are 61 and 62 optos? This is Premium Vault, about 9 mos old HUO.

They are switches, there is one to the right front of the cannon, might be another under the playfield. I’m not near my game so not sure. Been a while since I’ve looked. I thought it’s supposed to swing out, hit a limit switch and then swing back and hit the home switch.

Did you go into coil test, #32? Close coindoor and push the start button to initiate the coil motor movement. I also have a premium vault.

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

They are switches, there is one to the right front of the cannon, might be another under the playfield. I’m not near my game so not sure. Been a while since I’ve looked. I thought it’s supposed to swing out, hit a limit switch and then swing back and hit the home switch.
Did you go into coil test, #32? Close coindoor and push the start button to initiate the coil motor movement. I also have a premium vault.

No, I haven't yet. Gotta stop, family came over before going home from visiting for the holidays ..... gotta be a good Grandpa hahahaha. This will continue tomorrow.

#2355 4 years ago

I have a Helen translite for sale if anyone is interested.

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Helen Translite Archived
Used, good condition - “I just bought an AC/DC Premium and it had the Helen translite in it. Translite is in excellent condition. Let me know if there is any interest. I will also throw in the apron ...”
2019-11-22
Syracuse, NY
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 308 times

#2356 4 years ago

Hi,
Any tips or manual to disassemble this machine!? Or best order to do it... This shi*** is loaded of stuff...

#2357 4 years ago

Anybody know what the significance is of the 3 Rosie rollover lanes having one light a different color?

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hi,
Any tips or manual to disassemble this machine!? Or best order to do it... This shi*** is loaded of stuff...

What are you wanting/needing to remove? No machine comes with a full tear-down manual but if we know what you are trying to get to I think we can help. Generally speaking, I always start with the ramps on any game.

#2359 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody know what the significance is of the 3 Rosie rollover lanes having one light a different color?

Can you elaborate? In the Rosie mode they should all be (I think it's pink or maybe purple). The only exception would be during the skill shot. If you have one that is a different color it could be an indication that one of the lights (RGB) on the light board is bad so it's not adding that color spectrum to the mixture.

#2360 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Can you elaborate? In the Rosie mode they should all be (I think it's pink or maybe purple). The only exception would be during the skill shot. If you have one that is a different color it could be an indication that one of the lights (RGB) on the light board is bad so it's not adding that color spectrum to the mixture.

So after reading this I tried a couple games. My A in axe is always blue when playing Rosie. Other two are pink. I was assuming the blue was significant, but maybe it's a bad light?

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So after reading this I tried a couple games. My A in axe is always blue when playing Rosie. Other two are pink. I was assuming the blue was significant, but maybe it's a bad light?

Bad light.

#2362 4 years ago

D'oh!! Thanks for the input guys.

#2364 4 years ago

They're only a couple bucks? That's a relief atleast. Thanks for the link. Big help.

#2365 4 years ago

I am relatively new owner of a Luci Vault. I am confused about when the bell magnet activates to force the bell to swing. After a hundred or so plays, I can't say I have seen it happen once. I was under the impression that during Hell's Bells, using a VIP award to activated it. I am not seeing this. I did go into the test mode and the magnet is working there. I also double checked the setting and it is not disabled. Can anybody confirm that they have seen this work in gameplay on the latest code?

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I was under the impression that during Hell's Bells, using a VIP award to activated it. I am not seeing this.

It spots a bell hit. It doesn’t physically move the bell. I believe the purpose of the magnet is to stop the bell from swinging. Could be wrong though.

#2367 4 years ago

What code are you running? I believe in the newer code (1.70), VIP hits can only be used for the bell once collected through the "Stuff" insert at the back saucer. I'm new to this game as well, so I could be completely off on that.

Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

#2368 4 years ago

There's a magnet there?? You'd never know it as it swings free all the time after a hit. That being said, I am sure that hitting the spot bell does make it swing in 1.06 (which is what I'm on).

#2369 4 years ago

It spots a hit to the bell for the mode only. It doesn’t spot a bell hit towards playfield X.

#2370 4 years ago

After collecting the award it will swing and advance towards PF X. On earlier code it would do it all the time when in hells bells. If you haven't collected the award it just score a hell bells mode shot.

About 99% sure it's not used to stop the bell from swinging as some (like mine) swing forever.

The new code pretty much limited its use.

#2371 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

What code are you running? I believe in the newer code (1.70), VIP hits can only be used for the bell once collected through the "Stuff" insert at the back saucer. I'm new to this game as well, so I could be completely off on that.
Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

And remember that OI MANIA is broken.

Hopefully it will get fixed one day.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Good Afternoon. Ok, so the switch on the front right of the cannon is the cannon eject switch. Basically tells the machine whether or not a ball is loaded, and its working fine. Under the playfield, I can see an opto, and only 1 micro switch. But there is no way I can get to that switch to test it. Heck, I can't even see the arm. I believe I'm going to have to remove the assembly to check out what's wrong. When I go into coil test #32, the cannon motor test, nothing happens, but I do hear it buzzing a little. To disassemble, I think I need to loosen the set screw on the collar to the cannon shaft, and most likely just lift it straight up. Then it looks like there are about 4 hex head w/slot wood screws holding the assembly to the playfield. I think I'll try to drop that assembly tomorrow and see what I can see

#2373 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

After collecting the award it will swing and advance towards PF X. On earlier code it would do it all the time when in hells bells. If you haven't collected the award it just score a hell bells mode shot.
About 99% sure it's not used to stop the bell from swinging as some (like mine) swing forever.
The new code pretty much limited its use.

I am on 1.70. Can you explain this a little more? Maybe I am just not understanding how this song mode (or song modes in general) work. I was assuming the point of the magnet swing is to give more opportunity to get into the saucer behind bell and thus more play time in the lower pf for that song. Are you saying you never see it swing on the new code? Or are you saying you see it, but it is obviously less than previous code?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It spots a hit to the bell for the mode only. It doesn’t spot a bell hit towards playfield X.

Below is from Bowen's AC/DC guide for 1.68 code. I didn't see anything in the release notes for 1.70 that changes this.

Strategy: VIP Passes are primarily used during multiball, where they count toward the add-a-ball awarded for the first completion of the five Musical Note shots. On the LE, VIP Passes trigger the Bell during Hells Bells, advancing or awarding playfield multiplier.

#2374 4 years ago

It still moves but you need the AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS award before it will swing.

Yes, in earlier code you could swing the bell with a VIP pass all the time. Strategy was for playfield multipliers or to swing before shooting saucer. All that changed with newest code as it was exploited to keep playfield multipliers going for a real long time.

#2375 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Good Afternoon. Ok, so the switch on the front right of the cannon is the cannon eject switch. Basically tells the machine whether or not a ball is loaded, and its working fine. Under the playfield, I can see an opto, and only 1 micro switch. But there is no way I can get to that switch to test it. Heck, I can't even see the arm. I believe I'm going to have to remove the assembly to check out what's wrong. When I go into coil test #32, the cannon motor test, nothing happens, but I do hear it buzzing a little. To disassemble, I think I need to loosen the set screw on the collar to the cannon shaft, and most likely just lift it straight up. Then it looks like there are about 4 hex head w/slot wood screws holding the assembly to the playfield. I think I'll try to drop that assembly tomorrow and see what I can see

make sure nothing is binding on the cannon underneath before disassembling it. There are some screws that can bind it if I recall. You have to look closely.

#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

What are you wanting/needing to remove? No machine comes with a full tear-down manual but if we know what you are trying to get to I think we can help. Generally speaking, I always start with the ramps on any game.

Give a good good clean, polish, place the playfield protector, change rubbers, flame polish ramps, change leds, change some old plastics, new target decals...

#2377 4 years ago

For those with the premium vault, did you remove the lower playfield it take the playfield window off to clean down there and the clean the window? I’m afraid the window will be a pain in the ass to relevel if I take that off.

Thanks!

#2378 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Give a good good clean, polish, place the playfield protector, change rubbers, flame polish ramps, change leds, change some old plastics, new target decals...

100%, take off both ramps. Fairly easy to do as you just need to disconnect the wires running to the switches, lights and coils. Fish those wires through the PF and remove the nuts on the outsides of the ramps and the 2 screws that hold the ramp flap to the PP. Then lift. At that point you will have plenty of access to do all of what you want to do.

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For those with the premium vault, did you remove the lower playfield it take the playfield window off to clean down there and the clean the window? I’m afraid the window will be a pain in the ass to relevel if I take that off.
Thanks!

If yours is nice and level now, I'd just remove it from the bottom. It's only 4 screws and something like 5-6 wire harness connections. Takes about the same amount of time but re-leveling wont be in the mix anymore.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If yours is nice and level now, I'd just remove it from the bottom. It's only 4 screws and something like 5-6 wire harness connections. Takes about the same amount of time but re-leveling wont be in the mix anymore.

Sweet. Thanks dude.

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It still moves but you need the AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS award before it will swing.
Yes, in earlier code you could swing the bell with a VIP pass all the time. Strategy was for playfield multipliers or to swing before shooting saucer. All that changed with newest code as it was exploited to keep playfield multipliers going for a real long time.

Yep. I took the glass off and confirmed the behavior. It does look like the only way to get the bell magnet to activate with 1.70 is after collecting the devil horns' 4th award AND using a VIP pass during Hell's Bells mode. It can only be used once regardless of how many VIP passes are held and does not carry over with a lost ball (by default, there is a setting to change this). Given the conditions where this can (but probably won't) be used, it is really a shockingly underutilized Prem/LE feature now. I understand that there were exploits in previous versions, but essentially turning it off seems heavy handed (and maybe even accidental). Hopefully this is on the list of improvements for the next release.

I also confirmed VIP pass during Hell's Bells does advance the pf multiplier count. I am not sure if it also advances the song, or can be used in the same way during multiball.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I also confirmed VIP pass during Hell's Bells does advance the pf multiplier count.

Really? I’ve never been able to do this on the new code even if I’m one bell hit away from pf x. I have to physically hit the bell.

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Really? I’ve never been able to do this on the new code even if I’m one bell hit away from pf x. I have to physically hit the bell.

Yep, unless I did something dumb and wasn't paying attention. Give it a try.

#2384 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yep, unless I did something dumb and wasn't paying attention. Give it a try.

I have. Lots of times. Haha

#2385 4 years ago

Working from home today, don't tell my boss, but I just tried it out as you had me second guessing my understandings.

- Started Hells Bells.
- Hit Bell via flipper
- Held ball until bell stopped swinging
- Hit Bell via flipper again
- used VIP pass for next shot
- Was awarded a Bell Mode shot but no PF multiplier.

I wonder if you hit the VIP pass while the bell was still moving and it was confused??? Not sure, but it's not giving PF X awards unless I collect the swinging bell award through the horns awards.

P.S. - Turning on the game while trying to sell it is a dirty trick to keep me in the club. Getting sellers remorse and it's not even sold yet

#2386 4 years ago

Well damn. I'll have to double check my work. It's possible I only used it for the first and second bell hit, not the third.

#2387 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Working from home today, don't tell my boss, but I just tried it out as you had me second guessing my understandings.
- Started Hells Bells.
- Hit Bell via flipper
- Hit Bell via flipper again
- used VIP pass for next shot
- Was awarded a Bell Mode shot but no PF multiplier.
I wonder if you hit the VIP pass while the bell was still moving and it was confused??? Not sure, but it's not giving PF X awards unless I collect the swinging bell award through the horns awards.
P.S. - Turning on the game while trying to sell it is a dirty trick to keep me in the club. Getting sellers remorse and it's not even sold yet

After collecting the 4th “Stuff”award?

#2388 4 years ago

That's correct.

#2389 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

make sure nothing is binding on the cannon underneath before disassembling it. There are some screws that can bind it if I recall. You have to look closely.

Lermods , got the cannon back working. Didn't have to drop the mechanism under the playfield. It appears there us a real sweet spot as far as the position of the cannon when you tighten the set screw. The way I got it to free uo was to raise the playfield all the way up, then loosen thebset screw on the collat under the cannon, not the motor. I loosen it enough to allow the cannon to hang straight down, then went thru the cannon test and then locked the set screw at home position.

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Lermods , got the cannon back working. Didn't have to drop the mechanism under the playfield. It appears there us a real sweet spot as far as the position of the cannon when you tighten the set screw. The way I got it to free uo was to raise the playfield all the way up, then loosen thebset screw on the collat under the cannon, not the motor. I loosen it enough to allow the cannon to hang straight down, then went thru the cannon test and then locked the set screw at home position.

Awesome! Enjoy your game now!

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Well damn. I'll have to double check my work. It's possible I only used it for the first and second bell hit, not the third.

I think what we’re getting at is it won’t count as any of your PF x progress. So you could get 6 vip passes saved up, use them all and never light 2x or 3x. 3 actual bell hits are required to start 2x pf and so on. I’ve tried this a lot. Haha. Unless I’m missing something here I believe this was the whole purpose of the most recent update. To take it out of the equation.

#2392 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

I have removed the glass to clean the lower playfield and had no issues reinstalling the glass to level

#2393 4 years ago

Ok glass off confirmed. No amount of vip passes in any capacity will work you towards playfield x in any way. Stuff award is an exception. Other than that, have to physically hit the bell.

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Ok glass off confirmed. No amount of vip passes in any capacity will work you towards playfield x in any way. Stuff award is an exception. Other than that, have to physically hit the bell.

Yep, I must have got mixed up with the stuff award while testing out the magnet. This qualifies as

Quoted from RobF:

unless I did something dumb and wasn't paying attention.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think that's the way it is supposed to be now, but Lyman left an 'out' with the VIP pass so it can work like before, it just takes more effort.

Rob

#2396 4 years ago

So after replacing the little light board on the A in AXE, it still doesn't glow any red. What would be the next thing to try? I assume the driver board is next? I reseated all connections on driver board.

IMG_20191208_143005507_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20191208_143005507_BURST001 (resized).jpg
#2397 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So after replacing the little light board on the A in AXE, it still doesn't glow any red. What would be the next thing to try? I assume the driver board is next? I reseated all connections on driver board.[quoted image]

Check connections and such on the "Grinder LED Card" mounted under the playfield. Could be something there...
See attached thread for info on a similar problem that I had, but I don't think your problem is exactly the same.
It could be related though...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-premium-axe-lighted-lane-control-lost
If it turns out that your RGB driver card has an issue, you can get a new one here, but it is not cheap:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-rgb-driver-board.html

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Check connections and such on the "Grinder LED Card" mounted under the playfield. Could be something there...
See attached thread for info on a similar problem that I had, but I don't think your problem is exactly the same.
It could be related though...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-premium-axe-lighted-lane-control-lost
If it turns out that your RGB driver card has an issue, you can get a new one here, but it is not cheap:
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-rgb-driver-board.html

Thanks. I'll look into it. Looking more like rgb board is bad. Not sure it's worth worrying about for $102+ though.

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Thanks. I'll look into it. Looking more like rgb board is bad. Not sure it's worth worrying about for $102+ though.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but I will give you my experience that I just had replacing the bell arrow RGB light board. I bought the board from Pinballlife which is slightly different than the factory board, although all the contacts are in the same order as the factory board. I installed the wires the same way they were installed on the factory board, but the blue and green wires were in the wrong spot. I went to the RGB test screen to confirm the board was good but the wires were wrong. Switched the wires and all worked as it should. Again might not be your problem, but I thought it could help.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So after replacing the little light board on the A in AXE, it still doesn't glow any red. What would be the next thing to try? I assume the driver board is next? I reseated all connections on driver board.[quoted image]

It's likely a connector issue. I had a similar issue in my lower playfield and ended up replacing the IDC connector with a molex and it solved the issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/48?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.