20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 67.
#2301 4 years ago

Ok. I'm having a bit of a problem, and I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. I decided to do my first "backup to usb" today, on my Premium Vault. Every time I attempt it, it makes it somewhere around 25% done, and the display blinks a couple times, and it exits the service mode and straight back to as if I had never opened the door and went into the utilities. The machine doesn't appear to do a total reboot, just completely exits the service menu and backup procedure. I was doing a backup hoping that it would save our high scores and settings. Unlike the Spike systems, there's no utility to save settings and scores, just total backup, so Im not even sure if the backup will save the things I want it to. Please let me know what you think. I'm going to grab a new USB stick and try that tomorrow. Ive already took this one, reformatted it and tried again. No difference. Its a 4gb USB stick.

#2302 4 years ago

I think you need 8gb stick.

#2303 4 years ago

I only have a 32gb and the machine doesn't recognize that stick. I'll grab an 8gb tomorrow. But it does a "checking for space" before starting. Oh well, I'll grab an 8 and see what happens. Will it save my scores and settings too?

#2304 4 years ago

I’ve never done a back up before. Scores become irrelevant imo when you install new code as scoring and rules change.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve never done a back up before. Scores become irrelevant imo when you install new code as scoring and rules change.

That's very true, when installing "new" code. I was wanting to back up just in case there was some sort of daya loss, or if I made some arbitrary change to something that screwed everything up. And actually, the latter sounds like something I might do hahahaha!

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Unfortunately, AJB4 dropped out, so you're the new #4. Glad you're in, but dang it, we're only at 4.

You have me in for one, right?

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

You have me in for one, right?

This is for AC/DC band mod?

If so - don’t you have one?

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

This is for AC/DC band mod?
If so - don’t you have one?

Oh, thought it was for the clear crossover. ☺️

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Oh, thought it was for the clear crossover. ☺️

Yep I have you down for one - working on it still. Hopefully some news next week.

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Yep I have you down for one - working on it still. Hopefully some news next week.

Thanks for taking on this project....going to look so much better.

#2311 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Thanks for taking on this project....going to look so much better.

Agreed!!

#2312 4 years ago

Ditto

#2313 4 years ago

Can someone post a photo of their flippers at rest and full stroke? I think the flippers on my ACDC have too much travel, possibly because the coil stops I bought are allowing that. I lowered the flippers slightly from the factory alignment holes to be more straight with the lane guide and reduce some of the up-travel. But it still seems too much.

Rob
20191102_193243 (resized).jpg20191102_193243 (resized).jpg20191102_193252 (resized).jpg20191102_193252 (resized).jpg

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Can someone post a photo of their flippers at rest and full stroke? I think the flippers on my ACDC have too much travel, possibly because the coil stops I bought are allowing that. I lowered the flippers slightly from the factory alignment holes to be more straight with the lane guide and reduce some of the up-travel. But it still seems too much.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry, not the best lighting. My pin is new and still stock.

69D4C356-64B8-4A9F-A250-9DE10899BDCD (resized).jpeg69D4C356-64B8-4A9F-A250-9DE10899BDCD (resized).jpegB4C81C7F-DFBD-4E49-BD29-B9CF39B2C3D9 (resized).jpegB4C81C7F-DFBD-4E49-BD29-B9CF39B2C3D9 (resized).jpeg
#2315 4 years ago

If anyone in the AC/DC club needs a shaker check out my ad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-ac-dc-shaker-motor-oem

#2316 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Sorry, not the best lighting. My pin is new and still stock.[quoted image][quoted image]

I do see a bit of a difference where mine seems to have a bit more flipper travel. I'm going to have to replace those stops as they are not the right ones then.

Rob

#2317 4 years ago

After reading all the positive vibes about PinWoofer in this thread I took the plunge and I'm really happy with the result!

PinWoofer's beautifully designed amps are the magic that's missing from all the traditional pinball speaker mods. No doubt that speaker upgrades are an improvement, but without amplification the audible difference is modest. For most pinball machines, the very modest amplification is matched with the very modest speakers. Upgrading the speakers without upgrading the amplifier(s) doesn't produce great results. Enter PinWoofer with a solution that kicks arse.

I'm currently using the PinWoofer 12" sub with my previously installed MTX audio backbox speakers.

The sound is stunning. So cool to "feel the music" on a music pin...better than a shaker for this title (IMHO).

IMG_0395 (resized).jpegIMG_0395 (resized).jpegIMG_0398 (resized).jpegIMG_0398 (resized).jpeg
#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

After reading all the positive vibes about PinWoofer in this thread I took the plunge and I'm really happy with the result!
PinWoofer's beautifully designed amps are the magic that's missing from all the traditional pinball speaker mods. No doubt that speaker upgrades are an improvement, but without amplification the audible difference is modest. For most pinball machines, the very modest amplification is matched with the very modest speakers. Upgrading the speakers without upgrading the amplifier(s) doesn't produce great results. Enter PinWoofer with a solution that kicks arse.
I'm currently using the PinWoofer 12" sub with my previously installed MTX audio backbox speakers.
The sound is stunning. So cool to "feel the music" on a music pin...better than a shaker for this title (IMHO).[quoted image][quoted image]

oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!1

#2319 4 years ago

Question. Had my best game ever going last night and the special was lit, but I wasn't sure how to get it. What activated it and how do I collect it. Game ended around 320 million.

#2320 4 years ago

Everytime I get 6 songs or close to getting 6, I wish for the 'thing' that Lyman has done for getting 6 songs.

And hoping he gives it to us

#2321 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Everytime I get 6 songs or close to getting 6, I wish for the 'thing' that Lyman has done for getting 6 songs.
And hoping he gives it to us

Me too.

#2322 4 years ago

I searched for and did not find any good information on this. Can someone explain the “Live Song Mode”?

My menu options do not allow anything other than “None”.

#2323 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I searched for and did not find any good information on this. Can someone explain the “Live Song Mode”?
My menu options do not allow anything other than “None”.

While the machine is at rest in attract mode, you can push the right flipper button and operate a "radio" on the machine. Songs are changed with flipper action. If you hit the fire button, you get the live versions of those songs.

#2324 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Question. Had my best game ever going last night and the special was lit, but I wasn't sure how to get it. What activated it and how do I collect it. Game ended around 320 million.

Specials can be lit by:

Completing each target bank 5 times. Complete each target bank 1 more time to collect. Another special is lit every 35 completions of each target bank, but see below.
Competing the sequence of albums (15 regular jackpots) in Album Multiball. Complete each target bank 1 more time after multiball is over to collect.

Players can earn a maximum of 1 special per game on default settings.

This is from Lyman’s rulesheet. It’s a little unclear what the see below is referencing.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

While the machine is at rest in attract mode, you can push the right flipper button and operate a "radio" on the machine. Songs are changed with flipper action. If you hit the fire button, you get the live versions of those songs.

No, that's just the jukebox. Live mode is nothing right now and the setting can't be changed.

Rob

#2326 4 years ago
Quoted from chefdujour:

Specials can be lit by:
Completing each target bank 5 times. Complete each target bank 1 more time to collect. Another special is lit every 35 completions of each target bank, but see below.
Competing the sequence of albums (15 regular jackpots) in Album Multiball. Complete each target bank 1 more time after multiball is over to collect.
Players can earn a maximum of 1 special per game on default settings.
This is from Lyman’s rulesheet. It’s a little unclear what the see below is referencing.

Thanks. Sounds like something I may only see every blue moon. Lol.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That is awesome! I never knew that

#2328 4 years ago

Has anyone tried to make there own cannon mod instead of paying $85US for the available mod? I would think there are plenty of toy cannons that could be used. Thanks.

#2329 4 years ago

I still love playing this game. Lots of special strategy. Was through 10 songs yesterday when I drained. Dammit.

5FAAE73B-E5D4-48EA-A655-BA3CE7DD8FE9 (resized).jpeg5FAAE73B-E5D4-48EA-A655-BA3CE7DD8FE9 (resized).jpeg
#2330 4 years ago

Damn!! So close. I’m still stuck at 8-9 songs. So hard. I watched a stream the other day where a player could trap after a made ramp and backhand the ramp over and over. Too bad my game isn’t setup like that. I would’ve made encore 10 times over by now! Haha

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Damn!! So close. I’m still stuck at 8-9 songs. So hard. I watched a stream the other day where a player could trap after a made ramp and backhand the ramp over and over. Too bad my game isn’t setup like that. I would’ve made encore 10 times over by now! Haha

I saw the same video. I can't do that either. I was like, man, what's up this???

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I saw the same video. I can't do that either. I was like, man, what's up this???

I think the flippers probably we’re traveling a bit too high and probably had super bands on them which slow the ball down. But I couldn’t comprehend it either. Haha

#2333 4 years ago

Anybody have suggestions on replacing the big bulbs behind and under the ramps with led bulbs? Also which ones work best behind lightning bolts? My premium is an original run and still uses those incandescents. Was curious what vaults have there.

#2334 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone tried to make there own cannon mod instead of paying $85US for the available mod? I would think there are plenty of toy cannons that could be used. Thanks.

There really arent. The cannon that people have on the game is pretty much NLA. The reason this cannon is used is because it fits so well in the spot.

If you can find a modded one for $85, I'd jump on it. If you can find an ummodded cannon, it's going to be $35-50 anyway. It makes a nice difference in the aesthetics in that area.

#2335 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Anybody have suggestions on replacing the big bulbs behind and under the ramps with led bulbs? Also which ones work best behind lightning bolts? My premium is an original run and still uses those incandescents. Was curious what vaults have there.

I installed this mod years ago and love it. Not cheap, but very well done and has been rock solid over the years.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=559

#2336 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Vaults have red 8smd flashers under the ramps and tower flashers behind the lightning bolts. Mine kept popping out so I took them out of the game.

#2337 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I installed this mod years ago and love it. Not cheap, but very well done and has been rock solid over the years.
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=559

I have had those too. I like the back flash on them. They come loose every once in a while - I gotta add some loctite to those threads.

#2338 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I like bright LEDs, so I put these 8 SMD LED bulbs under the ramps and in other flasher locations under the bumpers and such.
They are much brighter than the original incandescent bulbs and are available in several different colors if you want something other than white.
I got the white ones...
https://www.pinballlife.com/ablaze-8-smd-led-12-volt-89-bayonet-base-flasher-lamp.html

#2339 4 years ago

Aloha All,

I am divorcing LUCI and posted up a TRADE AD. If anyone here knows someone looking for a brand new machine let them know. I bought it NIB just a few month ago. MINT condition 10/10

I need a bigger house LOL.

Thanks .

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the flippers probably we’re traveling a bit too high and probably had super bands on them which slow the ball down. But I couldn’t comprehend it either. Haha

I have that problem on my Luci right now with too much flipper travel and I posted about it several days ago. I don't like how it plays so I am going to go through my 'used' coil stop collection tonight and see if I can find something better.

Rob

#2341 4 years ago

Thanks for the bulb info guys. I'll add it to the list of to do's.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Aloha All,
I am divorcing LUCI and posted up a TRADE AD. If anyone here knows someone looking for a brand new machine let them know. I bought it NIB just a few month ago. MINT condition 10/10
I need a bigger house LOL.
Thanks .

Wow, that's a great pin - may have to head to Texas!

#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I played that game at the tournament. Made for an easy player if you knew how to exploit an acdc. I put up 150 million on my game. Took 2 balls to figure it out.

It did indeed have superband. I "think" it may have had William's stops on it. That's the only time I've seen stern flippers that high is with those. I can confirm they were at the right lower height.

Game was mint and played super fast with wide open outlanes.

Fun game still but really was a huge advantage for a handful of us

#2344 4 years ago

I'm in the club!! Just picked up a 2013 build last night. There is a lot going on in this game. I printed the rules and spent most of the night playing and reading trying to figure out what was going on. Love it so far.

If I understand it correctly, "completing" a song doesn't really have anything to do with that songs shot. The shot (bell for Hell's Bell, TNT drops for TNT, etc.) gives you more points than a normal shot, but to complete the song you have to light 8 songs on the jukebox? Can you complete a song without hitting any shots for that specific song? So if I was playing Hells Bells I could potential complete Hells Bells by lighting 8 songs on the jukebox, but never actually hit the bell? Same for TNT, light 8 songs on jukebox, but never complete the TNT bank?

#2345 4 years ago

I feel like this was the reaction from everyone that read my post above:

045A2790-CAF5-43D8-ABBD-844671D5DF49.gif045A2790-CAF5-43D8-ABBD-844671D5DF49.gif
#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'm in the club!! Just picked up a 2013 build last night. There is a lot going on in this game. I printed the rules and spent most of the night playing and reading trying to figure out what was going on. Love it so far.
If I understand it correctly, "completing" a song doesn't really have anything to do with that songs shot. The shot (bell for Hell's Bell, TNT drops for TNT, etc.) gives you more points than a normal shot, but to complete the song you have to light 8 songs on the jukebox? Can you complete a song without hitting any shots for that specific song? So if I was playing Hells Bells I could potential complete Hells Bells by lighting 8 songs on the jukebox, but never actually hit the bell? Same for TNT, light 8 songs on jukebox, but never complete the TNT bank?

Yes. Any 8 (or however many you set it to in the settings)

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yes. Any 8 (or however many you set it to in the settings)

Ok thank you for confirming.

1 week later
#2348 4 years ago

I need a little help guys. We were playing last night, a when the ball went in the cannon, it moved just fine, and the ball fired when she hit the button, but the cannon stayed in the full "out" position. I took the glass off, and the cannon felt really sloppy. Lifted the playfield, and I found a set screw loose on a linkage. Not the one on the motor. Tightened it, and thru the gun test got it to go to home. Tried to go thru the test again, the cannon came down and stopped. Failed the moving to switch 61 test. Have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas? I searched for cannon issues, and Im sure this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it. It's like the timing is off. Thank in advance guys.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I need a little help guys. We were playing last night, a when the ball went in the cannon, it moved just fine, and the ball fired when she hit the button, but the cannon stayed in the full "out" position. I took the glass off, and the cannon felt really sloppy. Lifted the playfield, and I found a set screw loose on a linkage. Not the one on the motor. Tightened it, and thru the gun test got it to go to home. Tried to go thru the test again, the cannon came down and stopped. Failed the moving to switch 61 test. Have no idea where to go from here. Any ideas? I searched for cannon issues, and Im sure this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it. It's like the timing is off. Thank in advance guys.

Did you check the switches in switch test mode? 61 and 62? I think if 61 isnt hit, the cannon won’t reverse and go to home position. The firing of the cannon is unrelated.

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you check the switches in switch test mode? 61 and 62? I think if 61 isnt hit, the cannon won’t reverse and go to home position. The firing of the cannon is unrelated.

So here's where my inexperience comes in. I go in switch test mode, and it really doesn't do much but make a sound and show if the + or - switch is pushed, or a flipper etc. So I go to the active switch test, and it shows the cannon mark switch active, probably because the cannon is at a 45 deg angle. But still not moving.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/47?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.