20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.
#2151 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Let me know if you have interest - I ordered a few of these twelve's and have already cut extra interposers (the interposer is vital when adding power because it prevents the cone from slapping the cabinet floor).

Do you make these interposers for the cabinet speaker for the VE? I cannot remember if it’s 8” or 10”. I think it’s 8”.

#2152 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you make these interposers for the cabinet speaker for the VE? I cannot remember if it’s 8” or 10”. I think it’s 8”.

Oh yea, I can make anything but probably have what you need in stock. The VE should be an eight, just let me know what you've got in mind!

#2153 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Our esteemed PinSider will report out when the results are in.

This is balls deep amazing! I thought the 8" kit rocked in my Met, but 12 ... hells yes! I've tried all sound improvement solutions with my machines and PinWoofer delivers, every single time! One of the top 3 things you can do to your pin is go with a PinWoofer system (still need my Color DMD's and side art too )

Congrats Pinwoofer on taking this to the next level! Go big or go home!

#2154 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This is balls deep amazing! I thought the 8" kit rocked in my Met, but 12 ... hells yes! I've tried all sound improvement solutions with my machines and pinwoofer delivers, every single time! One of the top 3 things you can do to your pin is go with a pinwoofer system (still need my Color DMD's and side art too )
Congrats Pinwoofer on taking this to the next level! Go big or go home!

I feel the need for some "Roaring" .

My balls are ready to go. lol

#2155 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

My balls are ready to go.

I think I just threw up a little

#2156 4 years ago

I recently have installed a few PinWoffer systems. And there is no comparison to before and after. I heard sounds from a Fishtails that I didn't know was there. It was amazing. And the Support from PinWoffer is very just as amazing. Dan was there for any questions I had. I can't wait to install the 12" system in my friends LE.

#2157 4 years ago

Here you go. I am not a video guru but it's watchable.

Tell me what you see you like.

I wish those lighted band covers were still a thing. Missed it by this much (Maxwell Smart voice). Think if I share that I'm a Wisconsin guy originally, he'd have any secret Badger stash? (I think I remember seeing WI next to him...)

While it's all awesome, I really dig that shooter lane cover thing from Lighted Pinball Mods. Something to add to the list... Sweet machine!

I also love the framed/lit spare backlight. I have a neon sign and some posters, but that's super cool.

#2158 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Let me know if you have interest

Umm, damn. Either all these replies are paid endorsements or relatives, OR your stuff's pretty good.

If it's the latter, I'm adding you to my list. (Though, honestly, you were already penciled in.)

#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

I wish those lighted band covers were still a thing. Missed it by this much (Maxwell Smart voice). Think if I share that I'm a Wisconsin guy originally, he'd have any secret Badger stash? (I think I remember seeing WI next to him...)
While it's all awesome, I really dig that shooter lane cover thing from Lighted Pinball Mods. Something to add to the list... Sweet machine!
I also love the framed/lit spare backlight. I have a neon sign and some posters, but that's super cool.

U mean he apron outside magnetic LUCI lights? my first order was acdc but we decided on LUCI.

The shooter light rocks and you can change colors...

The Cannon is a must.

I better stop now....haha

Hymie out.

#2160 4 years ago

U mean he apron outside magnetic LUCI lights?

Those are cool too, but I was taking about the stage cover lighted roof thing, and the "lighted shooter cover", from cpr9999 and lightedpinballmods, respectively.

And, yeah, it says Saukville, WI next to cpr's posts. I'm a Badger native and alum, so seeing WI is always cool. But I'm a day late and a dollar short (or 45 days short, really).

CPR: If you happen to see this post, that was some really nice work! Really nice.

As for the Lighted Shooter Cover... I've sent them an email, as I don't see it on their site.

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Thanks for the welcome...

Alright, I'll use this as an opening for asking for opinions.
Pinnovators (SAMsub board OR PinPAC, one of those with external sub) vs. PinWoofer (Powered Super Kit)... Looking for subjective opinions on sound improvement. Or, can you do both? Start with PinWoofer, then add an external sub/headphone jack/external mute & volume with a PinPAC?
Separately, why do there have to be so many different interactive BackBox lighting kits. So hard to choose.

I have an external sub and an upgraded internal sub. Massive improvement. The bathroom is on the other side of the wall the pins are on...and the picture frames on the wall rattle when we play. LOL

One thing I haven't done (and it's on my list) is to swap out the 4" full-range speakers with some that also have a tweeter (i.e. coaxial or two way). If my memory serves me correctly (often doesn't tho), I think they are 8 ohms, so they are somewhat harder to find since most are 4 ohms nowadays.

Getting a shaker? That's fun too. Make sure you get the correct one.

I've realized I'll never fully figure out the rules in this pin. Very deep.

#2162 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

OR your stuff's pretty good.

This. I was one of the first adopters of Pinwoofer. I wanted a way to add amplifiers to the cabinet speaker and the backbox speakers. Adding new better speaker does nothing if you don’t have power to drive them. Dan’s stuff fixes that. Super easy to install if you take your time and follow the instructions. Having the two amplifiers allows you to get the mix right perfectly. I don’t think there are better games to put these in than the music pins.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Those are cool too, but I was taking about the stage cover lighted roof thing, and the "lighted shooter cover", from cpr9999 and lightedpinballmods, respectively.
And, yeah, it says Saukville, WI next to cpr's posts. I'm a Badger native and alum, so seeing WI is always cool. But I'm a day late and a dollar short (or 45 days short, really).
CPR: If you happen to see this post, that was some really nice work! Really nice.
As for the Lighted Shooter Cover... I've sent them an email, as I don't see it on their site.

Gonna be hanging out with them next week....will ask since I need one for my JP.

U need the cannon and the plunger...stickers make a huge difference...

#2164 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Umm, damn. Either all these replies are paid endorsements or relatives, OR your stuff's pretty good.
If it's the latter, I'm adding you to my list. (Though, honestly, you were already penciled in.)

Believe me, there is not enough in it to pay anyone for endorsements!

We are here to help guys reach their pinball audio goals. Some have zero wiring experience and could not do this otherwise, and some are experts in restoration and want to be at the pinnacle. I am willing to work with anyone who needs my help to the extent they need it.

Guys go with straight up kits, custom and partial kits to compliment the gear they already have in play, and some guys throw everything they can at it like chuckwurt with both internal and external boost. Lock back in the thread at what brucea1956 is taking on with that 12" sub!

I love my posse here on PinSide - a bunch of really great dudes! Let's keep the ACDC party going - no party poopers!

#2165 4 years ago

Alright!! I hope this comes as great news for at least 8 of you!

cpr9999 has said that he'd consider making a special holiday run of 10 AC/DC Lighted Roof Band Mods, if he can get 8 more pre-orders (he's already got me, and one other).

See them here (as well as several spots earlier in this very thread)...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-band-mod

How 'bout it? Who else is in on wanting to catch the boat they missed previously? Reply, and I'll help him keep track. It could be a 1 time only, special Xmas run (same price as before), looking at in time for very early December - IF we can get from 2 to 10!

Let there be rock!

#2166 4 years ago

I decided to replace the poor led that was in my train. Problem is when putting the machine back together I can’t figure out where the train is supposed to plug back in. I found one spare plug below which is red and black but when plugging in the train light is always on with the GI. I don’t think this is normal. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

cpr9999 has said that he'd consider making a special holiday run of 10 AC/DC Lighted Roof Band Mods, if he can get 8 more pre-orders (he's already got me, and one other).
How 'bout it? Who else is in on wanting to catch the boat they missed previously? Reply, and I'll help him keep track. It could be a 1 time only, special Xmas run (same price as before), looking at in time for very early December - IF we can get from 2 to 10!
Let there be rock!

I will be #2 on your list. Will it come with holiday decorations? Just kidding.

#2168 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I decided to replace the poor led that was in my train. Problem is when putting the machine back together I can’t figure out where the train is supposed to plug back in. I found one spare plug below which is red and black but when plugging in the train light is always on with the GI. I don’t think this is normal. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

IIRC that led isn't a normal led, it's a flashing led or something so replacing it with a normal led won't work. I swear that was talked about somewhere in this thread dozen pages back or so.

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

IIRC that led isn't a normal led, it's a flashing led or something so replacing it with a normal led won't work. I swear that was talked about somewhere in this thread dozen pages back or so.

The single blue led in the nose of the train is a standard LED. It’s not a flasher. It’s lamp #32 in lamp test. Isn’t part of the flasher test.

#2170 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

I have tried 2 other 'Pinball Speaker' companies and an external sub on many machines; what is missing are the noises/sounds/voices/music from the backbox (higher range). As I was giving up hope and throwing the old Stern crap back in, I found @Pinwoofer. He and I talked, I expressed my love/work/passion is music and he sold me his Super Kit .. I put it my Met. Blew. Me. Away! Heard sounds I've never heard; I can rock it loud, I can tone it down ... but damn, it's amazing! I am not a paid spokesperson, I just know what worked for me after wasting quite a bit of money on bad stuff. If Dan asked 200 more for his kit, I would still be in it! It's worth it! If you're in Dallas or ever come to Frisco for TPF, you have a personal invitation to my house to rock out to my @pinwoofer pins!

#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I have tried 2 other 'Pinball Speaker' companies and an external sub on many machines; what is missing are the noises/sounds/voices/music from the backbox (higher range). As I was giving up hope and throwing the old Stern crap back in, I found @Pinwoofer. He and I talked, I expressed my love/work/passion is music and he sold me his Super Kit .. I put it my Met. Blew. Me. Away! Heard sounds I've never heard; I can rock it loud, I can tone it down ... but damn, it's amazing! I am not a paid spokesperson, I just know what worked for me after wasting quite a bit of money on bad stuff. If Dan asked 200 more for his kit, I would still be in it! It's worth it! If you're in Dallas or ever come to Frisco for TPF, you have a personal invitation to my house to rock out to my @pinwoofer pins!

And drive down the road a few miles and come hear TNT move the paintings on the neighbors wall. lol

I am waiting on my PIN to arrive to decide what I need for my new JP LE.

#2172 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The single blue led in the nose of the train is a standard LED. It’s not a flasher. It’s lamp #32 in lamp test. Isn’t part of the flasher test.

I saw that too, where does it plug in underneath though?

#2173 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I saw that too, where does it plug in underneath though?

Yes, there is a hole in the playfield, located to the left side of the left ramp. There are a few other wires in the hole, so you have to get the plug for the train flasher through that hole also. Under the playfield is the mating plug for the other end. You will have to lift the playfield to access that area.

#2174 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Yes, there is a hole in the playfield, located to the left side of the left ramp. There are a few other wires in the hole, so you have to get the plug for the train flasher through that hole also. Under the playfield is the mating plug for the other end. You will have to lift the playfield to access that area.

Thank you but that’s why I’m asking as I don’t see a mating plug underneath the playfield, only a spare GI plug but it has no connection for the train plug to connect

#2175 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Let there be rock!

Any suggestions on other effective ways to get the word out would be appreciated. We're up to 3, need 10 (so 7 more):
1. cpr9999's existing request that he had in hand.
2. Mach5Amps
3. LukyDuck

There's gotta be 7 more out there that want to cover that spot with a sweet mod.

Bonus personal touch, here's a picture of me at AC/DC Lane in Melbourne:

AC_DC_Lane_Melbourne (resized).jpgAC_DC_Lane_Melbourne (resized).jpg
#2176 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Believe me, there is not enough in it to pay anyone for endorsements!
We are here to help guys reach their pinball audio goals.
Let's keep the ACDC party going - no party poopers!

Order placed! Can't wait to hear it. Now, to call about my machine. Still haven't heard anything about delivery timing...

I said I was going slow, but given I don't even have my pin yet:
1. Lighted speakers
2. Speaker insert thingies
3. Replacement Lightning Bolts
4. Topper
5. PinWoofer Powered Super Kit

What the heck has gotten into me?!?!?

#2177 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Order placed! Can't wait to hear it. Now, to call about my machine. Still haven't heard anything about delivery timing...
1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

No idea. Haha. First thing I did when i got my AC/DC was play it.

#2178 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

I just received my Luci a few days ago. Had to wait two months because it was damaged upon arrival. I had never even seen one or played one before. Now I know why people like it!!! It is a blast to play.

I have zero mods for it and am just starting to look for ideas. Just keep the thread showing and we may be able to find other pinsiders that are interested in the lighted band cover. It worked for the clear plastic crossover ramp. A lot of pinsiders are not on the site daily.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

Why are you replacing the Lightning Bolts? I know a long time ago when they first came out, they weren't lighted, but my Premium VE that I got NIB in January came with Lighted Lightning Bolts.

#2180 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Why are you replacing the Lightning Bolts? I know a long time ago when they first came out, they weren't lighted, but my Premium VE that I got NIB in January came with Lighted Lightning Bolts.

I have a premium vault, and I only have flashers behind the lightning bolts

#2181 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a premium vault, and I only have flashers behind the lightning bolts

Hmmm.... I'll take a picture of mine when I get home tonight.

#2182 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

The best mod is customizing the song list with pinball browser.

Gotta have me some Shoot to Thrill.

I also think that mirror blades are an underrated mod.

#2183 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I need to learn how to do this. Some songs I never select.

Is it hard??

#2184 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

I was there a few months ago.

When you come up for air there is a few more you have to have.

#2185 4 years ago

I need to learn how to do this. Some songs I never select.
Is it hard??

The learning curve is a bit steep.

If you’re not a DIY fan you could just pay PinballMix to do it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

#2186 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If you’re not a DIY fan you could just pay PinballMix to do it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-pinball-mix-your-music-in-your-machine

Thanks I will go with the latter...

#2187 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Hmmm.... I'll take a picture of mine when I get home tonight.

Ok, so took a closer look at mine, and it appears there is a PBC LED behind my Lightning Bolts. However, Im good with that. Sorry, I was wrong.

#2188 4 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

That’s a bit more involved. All I would want is three songs replaced. Anyone able to do this with the new code? I’d be willing to trade for free mods. Add dirty deeds, shoot to thrill and girls got rhythm.

#2189 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

That’s a bit more involved. All I would want is three songs replaced. Anyone able to do this with the new code? I’d be willing to trade for free mods. Add dirty deeds, shoot to thrill and girls got rhythm.

I replaced For those about to rock with shoot to thrill. If you just want the one song, PM me and I can get you the code. I think it's perfect and makes that mode so much better. I've played around with replacing other songs, but a lot of the songs have little snippets that pop up throughout the game and it doesn't sound right with a replacement song - like Let there be rock plays for a few seconds at the end of every game. It doesn't sound right if a random sample from Who made who plays. Also if you notice at the beginning of every ball, there is a perfect intro loop of whatever song you have playing. That's really hard to recreate with a replacement song. Most people may not care that the new song doesn't loop, but I did manage to get shoot to thrill to loop.

#2190 4 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I replaced For those about to rock with shoot to thrill. If you just want the one song, PM me and I can get you the code. I think it's perfect and makes that mode so much better. I've played around with replacing other songs, but a lot of the songs have little snippets that pop up throughout the game and it doesn't sound right with a replacement song - like Let there be rock plays for a few seconds at the end of every game. It doesn't sound right if a random sample from Who made who plays. Also if you notice at the beginning of every ball, there is a perfect intro loop of whatever song you have playing. That's really hard to recreate with a replacement song. Most people may not care that the new song doesn't loop, but I did manage to get shoot to thrill to loop.

Thanks, appreciate it but I'd need three as I changed my back panel song list.

#2191 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, appreciate it but I'd need three as I changed my back panel song list.

Gotcha. I can swap them for you. PM me what songs you want swapped out and I can do it.

#2192 4 years ago

Recently received my Luci. Can someone tell me what the extra plastic parts are for?

The only thing I can think of are keychain fobs.

1584ABE4-0EF7-409E-B37D-40E5C776CD81 (resized).jpeg1584ABE4-0EF7-409E-B37D-40E5C776CD81 (resized).jpeg
#2193 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

The only thing I can think of are keychain fobs.

That's precisely what they are.

#2194 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Recently received my Luci. Can someone tell me what the extra plastic parts are for?
The only thing I can think of are keychain fobs.[quoted image]

Put them on your coin door key, makes it easy to grab the right key when you have a bunch of pins.

#2195 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Put them on your coin door key, makes it easy to grab the right key when you have a bunch of pins.

Thanks! That is what I have done.

#2196 4 years ago

AC/DC Utilities>Install menu options question.

In the Install menu options, there are several levels of play (i.e. Easy, Med, Hard, etc.). Does anyone have a table, chart or website that explains the differences between the levels?

In addition there is an option for “Home” install. What is different about this versus the others I previously mentioned?

In my WOZ, it shows all of the different options that are associated with each type of selection. I am looking for something that explains this for AC/DC.

#2197 4 years ago

Unfortunately there isn’t a guide for them. You’ll need to select one, then go through the settings and see what’s been changed from factory.

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

1. Lighted speakers
4. Topper

Well, crap. I guess I just don't know how to do slow. Me+Computer+Weekend = Lack of patience.
6. Translucent Apron
7. Lighted Apron Kit
8. TNT Detonator Lighting
9. Bell Log
10. Cannon Mod
11. Illuminated Flipper Buttons

I still have several more on my list, but, damn. There's too much out there, and it all seems like good fun stuff.

As for the pin itself, I've left voicemail Friday and dropped an e-mail this morning, but still don't know timing for delivery. Going nuts.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No idea. Haha. First thing I did when i got my AC/DC was play it.

I can't wait to play it! I'll probably end up just playing it, leaving it untouched by anything from this list, until I'm off work over Thanksgiving weekend.

Quoted from alveolus:

If only there could be more songs! I've got a whole list. Oh, and Mirror Blades are on the list (It's been suggested to save that for near last to avoid lifting the play field too many times after they're installed. Is that a smart approach?).

#2199 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Oh, and Mirror Blades are on the list (It's been suggested to save that for near last to avoid lifting the play field too many times after they're installed. Is that a smart approach?).

Of course. But if your worried you could pick up a set of these: https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#2200 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Oh, and Mirror Blades are on the list

Pingraffix AC/DC powerbladez ... I love em for this title. They are a yellow flame color and not like the video with a bluish tint. If you like them, you might want to inquire about them.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/ac-dc-or-kiss-pinball-power-bladez-stern-pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/44?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.