20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.
#2051 4 years ago

I’ll take a clear crossover too!!

#2052 4 years ago

I'm in for a clear crossover.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

List Of Buyers.
lukyduck 1
@dallas-pin 1
eightballtexas 2
nighttrain 1
guinnesstime 1
cthomas1998 2
sealawyer 1
allsportdvd 1
mpierce 1
mikes (Maybe)
jester523 1
strummy 1
bigt 1
habo 3
kawydud 1

@jimmyhonda 1
@xeneize 1
@nvu4prod 1
Total 21 - maybe 22
Awesome we are nearing the 20 mark.

#2054 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I'll take a clear crossover too. I already modded my game to hell so why not? Count me in.

Help me out Strummy ... Shot Down Champion? I've never seen that on Luci ... do I suck that bad, have I missed it, or have you changed the code via Pinbrowser?

#2055 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Help me out strummy ... Shot Down Champion? I've never seen that on Luci ... do I suck that bad, have I missed it, or have you changed the code via Pinbrowser?

Yeah. Must’ve replaced something with Shot Down In Flames.

#2056 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Help me out strummy ... Shot Down Champion? I've never seen that on Luci ... do I suck that bad, have I missed it, or have you changed the code via Pinbrowser?

It's a regular premium with a Luci Translite but a friend changed up a few songs for me

#2057 4 years ago

Forgive me if my memory is fuzzy, but isn't that cross over ramp riveted on to the left ramp?

May want to double check on that. If so, before you commit to buying one, please make sure you are comfortable drilling out rivets and installing new ones.

I think that's a pretty cool mod but I'd hate to see CPR9999 spends the time and money redeveloping these and then a bunch of "in" turn to "outs" when the install process is past their comfort level.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Forgive me if my memory is fuzzy, but isn't that cross over ramp riveted on to the left ramp?
May want to double check on that. If so, before you commit to buying one, please make sure you are comfortable drilling out rivets and installing new ones.
I think that's a pretty cool mod but I'd hate to see CPR9999 spends the time and money redeveloping these and then a bunch of "in" turn to "outs" when the install process is past their comfort level.

This is a good point. I think it just “slides” in place?

acdc (resized).jpgacdc (resized).jpg

A7EB940A-8092-467C-84EC-DE5A07CCF847 (resized).jpegA7EB940A-8092-467C-84EC-DE5A07CCF847 (resized).jpeg73014041-DA50-46AA-BA26-88D175562C83 (resized).jpeg73014041-DA50-46AA-BA26-88D175562C83 (resized).jpeg
#2059 4 years ago

No worries. It’s not riveted and can be taken out without tools besides your hands.

#2060 4 years ago

We could always just order the metal one from Stern and then have that in hand to replicate.

#2061 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

No worries. It’s not riveted and can be taken out without tools besides your hands.

Corrrection ,the crossover ramp is fully riveted to the left ramp and is one piece when removed, rivet replacement is mandatory.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Corrrection ,the crossover ramp is fully riveted to the left ramp and is one piece when removed, rivet replacement is mandatory.

In that case I am out.

#2063 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Thanks for the confirmation. I recalled taking that ramp out at some point and not being able to get the crossover off. I just wasn't 100% if I was just being lazy or if it was riveted.

Think that's important info for anyone wanting to do the mod as most, assumption, aren't going to be real comfortable with that process.

#2064 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks for the confirmation. I recalled taking that ramp out at some point and not being able to get the crossover off. I just wasn't 100% if I was just being lazy or if it was riveted.
Think that's important info for anyone wanting to do the mod as most, assumption, aren't going to be real comfortable with that process.

Thanks for the information. If they can recreate the one in the photos on the previous page, it’s looks fairly simple.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Thanks for the information. If they can recreate the one in the photos on the previous page, it’s looks fairly simple.

I am sure CPR can handle it. If not I am going to ask a couple other guys.

We will prevail.

#2066 4 years ago

I thought the crossover came out easily too. Can't quite recall. I'm bored. I'll take it apart now and check back in

#2067 4 years ago

As long as it's designed something like this we're good to go. Mine has some LEDs stuck on it so I didn't pull it out all the way

20190906_160513 (resized).jpg20190906_160513 (resized).jpg
#2068 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

As long as it's designed something like this we're good to go. Mine has some LEDs stuck on it so I didn't pull it out all the way[quoted image]

Looks quite simple on the right side and the left has screws.

How many screws did it take to remove?

#2069 4 years ago

Only had to loosen 2 nuts and then it slid out. I didn't even have to remove them
20190906_160020 (resized).jpg20190906_160020 (resized).jpg20190906_160035 (resized).jpg20190906_160035 (resized).jpg

#2070 4 years ago

As long as those two ball guides are part of the design everything will be sweet

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

As long as those two ball guides are part of the design everything will be sweet

Thanks for the photos and letting everyone know your thoughts.

I do not yet have my Luci to verify anything. Waiting for her to be repaired.

#2072 4 years ago

Any ideas for this big black square?? I know its petty but just looking for some cool ideas.

front (resized).jpgfront (resized).jpg
#2073 4 years ago

I like these Silver Coins and thought this was a cool coin that fans of the AC/DC pinball machine might be interested in. I think it would look cool on the glass above the lockdownbar. So this is just a heads up post. The coin isn’t out yet. Link provided to website has no affiliation with me and I actually usually order through APMEX. If interested I would shop around before purchasing it.

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/ac-dc-razors-edge-2019-10-2-oz-pure-silver-black-proof-coin-cook-islands-coin-invest-trust/
30274A3E-503E-4632-83B1-B5C070242AF6 (resized).jpeg30274A3E-503E-4632-83B1-B5C070242AF6 (resized).jpeg

#2074 4 years ago

I guess I could glue it on the front....LOL.

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Only had to loosen 2 nuts and then it slid out. I didn't even have to remove them
[quoted image][quoted image]

My bad, I have had the ramp off several times but never thought to see if there were screws,I just ASSumed it was one piece due to the rivets...thanks for the clarification!

#2076 4 years ago

Any ideas for this big black square?? I know its petty but just looking for some cool ideas.[quoted image]

I put a DBA in there....

#2077 4 years ago

I replaced both of my ramps and this diverter was so tight between the ramps that it was very difficult to remove. I decided to drill out those rivets and replace them with screws with lock nuts beneath. See attached. It is still tight, but I made it work with the new ramps.

Ramp Screws (resized).jpgRamp Screws (resized).jpg
#2078 4 years ago

Any ideas for this big black square?? I know its petty but just looking for some cool ideas.[quoted image]

The Stern or Pinnovators headphone jack / volume control???

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The Stern or Pinnovators headphone jack / volume control???

I added the vol control already under the start button.....its awesome...

I bet someone has popped out the plate and made it something cool....I could put my remotes in there for some of the mods..HAHA

#2080 4 years ago

I added the vol control already under the start button.....its awesome...
I bet someone has popped out the plate and made it something cool....I could put my remotes in there for some of the mods..HAHA

Pinnovators PINPAC2 SAM MAC device works great in that spot for me.

PINPAC2 SAM MAC (resized).jpgPINPAC2 SAM MAC (resized).jpg
#2081 4 years ago

cpr9999
Just saw this, can you put me on the clear crossover list too?

#2082 4 years ago

Dollar Bill Acceptor?

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

cpr9999
Just saw this, can you put me on the clear crossover list too?

Ok

#2084 4 years ago

List Of Buyers.
lukyduck 1
@dallas-pin 1
eightballtexas 2
nighttrain 1
guinnesstime 1
cthomas1998 2
sealawyer 1
allsportdvd 1
mpierce 1
mikes (Maybe)
jester523 1
strummy 1
bigt 1
habo 3
kawydud 1
Total 18 - maybe 19
Awesome we are nearing the 20 mark.

I would join the cross over list as well

1 week later
#2085 4 years ago

Does the ColorDMD still work with the new code (v1.70) installed?

#2086 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Does the ColorDMD still work with the new code (v1.70) installed?

It works but every once in a great while there will be a frame that isn't colored but it's barely noticable. I would recommend using one in the game on 1.70.

#2087 4 years ago

Ok, I have a question/issue that has got me stumped. So, when all else fail, ask the folks who'll know. Ok, I have a Premium Vault which I bought NIB in January. The train which has a flashing blue LED annoys me, so I wanted to swap it out with either a yellow or frosted white one. So, I picked up a yellow one, plugged it into the wedge socket....nothing. Flipped it over, ..... nothing. Ok, opened my parts box, grabbed 3 or 4 different wedge led's and tried them, nothing. What the heck is with that bulb? Only the original blue one works?

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Ok, I have a question/issue that has got me stumped. So, when all else fail, ask the folks who'll know. Ok, I have a Premium Vault which I bought NIB in January. The train which has a flashing blue LED annoys me, so I wanted to swap it out with either a yellow or frosted white one. So, I picked up a yellow one, plugged it into the wedge socket....nothing. Flipped it over, ..... nothing. Ok, opened my parts box, grabbed 3 or 4 different wedge led's and tried them, nothing. What the heck is with that bulb? Only the original blue one works?

That's a flasher bulb, so you will need a 12V flasher of some type for it to work, if you were not aware of that.
Most wedge bulbs are for illumination and are 6.3V which won't work on the train flasher.

#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That's a flasher bulb, so you will need a 12V flasher of some type for it to work, if you were not aware of that.
Most wedge bulbs are for illumination and are 6.3V which won't work on the train flasher.

That makes sense. Thank you. I didn't think there were differences in the LEDs. (Now I feel like a dumbass hahahaha)

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Ok @Dent00, I checked the bulb, and also the manual, it is a 6.3v 2chip bulb. But given that, I will continue to look tonget one in a flasher configuration.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

That makes sense. Thank you. I didn't think there were differences in the LEDs. (Now I feel like a dumbass hahahaha)

Don't feel bad. I learned about that bulb the same way... See attached thread for more info...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-a-led-flasher-bulb-be-turned-on-for-extended-time#post-5206265

#2092 4 years ago

Please add me to the clear crossover list if not too late.

Thanks!

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Don't feel bad. I learned about that bulb the same way... See attached thread for more info...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/can-a-led-flasher-bulb-be-turned-on-for-extended-time#post-5206265

Thank you! Now the fun appears to be finding a domed, yellow 6.3v #555 Flasher. Red and White are all I can find, and that's at Marco Specialties. They say the hunt is 1/2 the fun.....

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thank you! Now the fun appears to be finding a domed, yellow 6.3v #555 Flasher. Red and White are all I can find, and that's at Marco Specialties. They say the hunt is 1/2 the fun.....

Make that a 12V flasher and I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
I think the manual has incorrect information on the flashers...
You can check which bulbs are flashers on the test menu on the machine..
There is a test selection just for flashers...
All of those will be 12V... Including the train bulb...

#2095 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That bulb isn't a flasher, it is a standard bulb. I replaced mine with a frosted blue.

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

That bulb isn't a flasher, it is a standard bulb. I replaced mine with a frosted blue.

You are correct. It is a 12V bulb.
It is tested on the flasher menu on the machine though, because it is 12V, which is what is used for the other flasher bulbs.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

You are correct. It is a 12V bulb.
It is tested on the flasher menu on the machine though, because it is 12V, which is what is used for the other flasher bulbs.

Maybe we aren't talking about the same bulb, the one in the center of the nose on the train is 6 volt standard bulb. It isn't the easiest to change out, but it is definitely 6 volt.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Maybe we aren't talking about the same bulb, the one in the center of the nose on the train is 6 volt standard bulb. It isn't the easiest to change out, but it is definitely 6 volt.[quoted image]

Well, a 12V DC LED works in that position. And other large bayonet base flasher bulbs on the machine also work on 12V DC.

#2099 4 years ago

On page 60 in the manual, outputs 17-23 are listed as 20VDC outputs and the train bulb is included.

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

On page 60 in the manual, outputs 17-23 are listed as 20VDC outputs and the train bulb is included.

I get you, I think we are talking about two different bulbs. There is a flasher there, which is 12 volt. The center one isn't a flasher.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.