20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 67.
#1951 4 years ago

Is the firmware for ACDC complete or is there something missing?

#1952 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Is the firmware for ACDC complete or is there something missing?

Oi Mania is messed up, for one. So another update is likely coming at some point.

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which? There's two "stock" versions from Stern.

The newer Stern designed ones are rather nice quality too.

Rob

#1954 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oi Mania is messed up, for one. So another update is likely coming at some point.

I'm surprised nobody has bothered to fix the colordmd rom for ACDC. Maybe they thought the next update was around the corner and were waiting for that?

Rob

#1955 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm surprised nobody has bothered to fix the colordmd rom for ACDC. Maybe they thought the next update was around the corner and were waiting for that?

Rob

I've thought the same.

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The newer Stern designed ones are rather nice quality too.
Rob

Yes. The original Stern lightning bolts were flimsy, lame under-designed messes. But the newer Stern ones are MUCH sturdier and use LEDs rather than incandescents bulbs. MUCH better.

#1957 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I was told at the Texas Pinball Festival by a ColorDMD rep, that an update from ColorDMD for AC/DC could be expected in 2019 for code 1.70.
There was no specific date given, but it seemed like there was some type of work going on in the background to make that happen.

#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

What color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

I've tried all 3 and prefer yellow by far.

#1959 4 years ago

For those who purchased the lighted lighting bolts which color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Pinbits blue with rear flashers

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Pinbits blue with rear flashers

I agree, bought a set of these for each of the two AC/DC games I have had.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I agree, bought a set of these for each of the two AC/DC games I have had.

I felt the warm white LEDs clashed with the blue bolts. I went with red and am very pleased.

#1963 4 years ago

AC/DC LED lighted Roof mod - NO longer making. However, I have 2 of them at reduced rates (new): see Pinside Ad.

Thx for 10 great runs of these!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-band-mod

B5953E04-CD25-4D02-A0DC-C98EAA0E2C5E (resized).jpegB5953E04-CD25-4D02-A0DC-C98EAA0E2C5E (resized).jpeg
#1964 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

AC/DC LED lighted Roof mod - NO longer making. However, I have 2 of them at reduced rates (new): see Pinside Ad.
Thx for 10 great runs of these!!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-band-mod[quoted image]

Love mine.

What's going to be the next run?? hmmm.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Love mine.
What's going to be the next run?? hmmm.

Not AC/DC - maybe Dino related!

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I was told at the Texas Pinball Festival by a ColorDMD rep, that an update from ColorDMD for AC/DC could be expected in 2019 for code 1.70.
There was no specific date given, but it seemed like there was some type of work going on in the background to make that happen.

Maybe they were/are waiting for the oi mania fix?

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Maybe they were/are waiting for the oi mania fix?

That might be, but I only asked about an update for the current Stern code 1.70.
I commented to the ColorDMD rep that I was still running my machine on 1.68 while I waited for ColorDMD to update their code for my brand new LED ColorDMD display.
He made some comment initially that there were only a few graphics that would appear in the original red/orange.
So I commented back that if it was so few graphics to fix, that they could probably issue a code update pretty easily.
And the rep indicated that a fix would be issued at that point.
I pressed a little then and asked "WHEN?!" in a rather loud voice.
He did not answer at first and I said "like this year sometime?!?!" and he said yes.

#1968 4 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

That might be, but I only asked about an update for the current Stern code 1.70.
I commented to the ColorDMD rep that I was still running my machine on 1.68 while I waited for ColorDMD to update their code for my brand new LED ColorDMD display.
He made some comment initially that there were only a few graphics that would appear in the original red/orange.
So I commented back that if it was so few graphics to fix, that they could probably issue a code update pretty easily.
And the rep indicated that a fix would be issued at that point.
I pressed a little then and asked "WHEN?!" in a rather loud voice.
He did not answer at first and I said "like this year sometime?!?!" and he said yes.

Catch 22

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

For those who purchased the lighted lighting bolts which color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

I purchased the red ones with white LEDs and it looks a lot like lightning...
Which is what they are... lightning bolts...
They are VERY bright and the red seems to closely match the powder red coating on my machine.
Which is also what I wanted...
I think they should have been that way from the start from Stern.
Those little tiny LEDs on the stock lightning bolts are pretty dim in comparison.
I don't think anyone with epilepsy should play this game with those upgraded lightning bolts installed.
I don't have epilepsy, so I play it all the time.

#1970 4 years ago

I just joined the club, have a nice Premium with Shaker Motor & mirror blades
What other “must have” mods are recommended for a premium?

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Blue LED bolts with the red frame...awesome!

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I just joined the club, have a nice Premium with Shaker Motor & mirror blades
What other “must have” mods are recommended for a premium?

Colordmd.

Rob

#1973 4 years ago

Encore is making me so angry. Backed off on my crazy tight tilt too. Still can’t get past 4-5 songs regularly and 7-8 if I have an amazing game.

I fear this is another wizard mode that will allude me forever.

Not to mention it’s so hard to get one EB, let alone two which I would need to do this I bet.

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Encore is making me so angry. Backed off on my crazy tight tilt too. Still can’t get past 4-5 songs regularly and 7-8 if I have an amazing game.
Not to mention it’s so hard to get one EB, let alone two which I would need to do this I bet.

The thing about Encore is that I don't think you make it there unless you are purposely trying to get there. And if you are purposely trying to get there, then your score probably suffers as a result. Playing songs just to finish as quickly as possible isn't very fun either.

Rob

#1975 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Playing songs just to finish as quickly as possible isn't very fun either.

I agree. The journey to encore isn’t that fun. If I’m specifically going for encore, the fun level drops drastically.

Switch to GOT. The journey to IT is loads of fun, and the experience to get there is different every time.

Dare I say it I might like the journey to Royal Rumble in WWF more. Haha

#1976 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. The journey to encore isn’t that fun. If I’m specifically going for encore, the fun level drops drastically.
Switch to GOT. The journey to IT is loads of fun, and the experience to get there is different every time.
Dare I say it I might like the journey to Royal Rumble in WWF more. Haha

And this is why I hope Lyman decides to give us whatever he coded to come at the end of 6 songs.

If it helps in any way towards progress to encore - even better!

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Chucky,don't beat yourself up over it, soften the rules abit and that will get you to encore,and you can steadily make it harder as you improve, it worked for me,just a thought...

#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Chucky,don't beat yourself up over it, soften the rules abit and that will get you to encore,and you can steadily make it harder as you improve, it worked for me,just a thought...

Right now the only way I’m getting there is 10 ball. I’m not that desperate yet. Haha

#1979 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right now the only way I’m getting there is 10 ball. I’m not that desperate yet. Haha

Adjusting song completion down to 6 shots makes a huge difference in getting to Encore. I wasn't even close on stock settings but making this one adjustment makes it so that I can get to Encore fairly regularly if I try for it.-just get really good at shooting that right orbit shot.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Get real good at backhanding the left ramp Once you achieve this you will get there as you can do most of the songs while in MB.

#1981 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lol, haha. That was funny!

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

If your talking about the LED bolts from HookedonPinball, I like the “bright white” bulbs. After much debate I think the “blue” LED’s are a little harsh and stick out too much, there aren't any other "blue-white" bulbs of that hue on the game. The "bright white" LED’s are really bright but more warm and not as sharp, I think they blend well with all the stock LED’s. Feels like a being at live concert when they all go off during multi-ball.
I’ve had some issues with individual bulbs not working on the T-bolts, sending 2 bolts back to have Robert take a look at them. It's not a power issue, think it's a seating problem where the power wires connect on the back of the bolts.
He’s been really great with communication.
I’ve been dreading pulling the middle bolt. It’s a super tight fit pushing the connector past the left ramp rail. Left and right T-bolts are cake to install.
Definitely my favorite mod.
Well, behind the "must have" ColorDMD (of course).
Worth it.

Bright White (resized).PNGBright White (resized).PNGblue (resized).PNGblue (resized).PNG
#1983 4 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

If your talking about the LED bolts from HookedonPinball, I like the “bright white” bulbs. After much debate I think the “blue” LED’s are a little harsh and stick out too much, there aren't any other "blue-white" bulbs of that hue on the game. The "bright white" LED’s are really bright but more warm and not as sharp, I think they blend well with all the stock LED’s. Feels like a being at live concert when they all go off during multi-ball.
I’ve had some issues with individual bulbs not working on the T-bolts, sending 2 bolts back to have Robert take a look at them. It's not a power issue, think it's a seating problem where the power wires connect on the back of the bolts.
He’s been really great with communication.
I’ve been dreading pulling the middle bolt. It’s a super tight fit pushing the connector past the left ramp rail. Left and right T-bolts are cake to install.
Definitely my favorite mod.
Well, behind the "must have" ColorDMD (of course).
Worth it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Well said...
I agree completely...

#1984 4 years ago

I still love my Blue and chrome.

Added a few more mods and very happy with the outcome. I did a video on my mod addiction.

1) The Plunger with the light under is awesome , plus the coils that are also lit is impressive. They go off Yellow and Blue.
2) The stickers to go with my train track running up the left side is a must and a good price and you get the cannon balls for the right ramp.
3) Clear washers - installing those tonight
4) Drum sticks lighted installing tonight.
5) Lighted shooter ramp installing tonight.

Addicted and need serious help.

How was your day?? haha

#1985 4 years ago

Added a few more mods and very happy with the outcome. I did a video on my mod addiction.
1) The Plunger with the light under is awesome , plus the coils that are also lit is impressive. They go off Yellow and Blue.
2) The stickers to go with my train track running up the left side is a must and a good price and you get the cannon balls for the right ramp.
How was your day?? haha

Drum sticks? Or drum sets? I haven't seen a lighted drum stick mod yet?

#1986 4 years ago

How was your day?? haha

Very nice video of your Luci with mods! I will have to revisit your video and mods when my Luci gets out of the hospital!

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Drum sticks? Or drum sets? I haven't seen a lighted drum stick mod yet?

Drum Sticks.

I have 2 sets to place anywhere. Any music PIN needs these. lol.

I will post pics later when they come alive.

dsticks (resized).jpgdsticks (resized).jpg
#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Very nice video of your Luci with mods! I will have to revisit your video and mods when my Luci gets out of the hospital!

Thanks Man, it was my 2nd video to record. The next one will be on a tripod and will show all the inside mods and the 4-5 items since that video. "Crazy"

#1989 4 years ago

Hi All,

I posted in the Luci room and need some help on a little mod.

Does anyone know if there is a sticker mod for the track that crosses over the PF on the way to the cannon?

Thanks.

#1990 4 years ago

Hi All,
I posted in the Luci room and need some help on a little mod.
Does anyone know if there is a sticker mod for the track that crosses over the PF on the way to the cannon?
Thanks.

I've got this one from Pinball Life:

https://www.pinballlife.com/crossover-ramp-train-decal-for-acdc-premium-and-le-machines.html

#1991 4 years ago

Thanks I remember now that one...is it good or are there others out there?

#1992 4 years ago

Thanks I remember now that one...is it good or are there others out there?

I like it. I don't know of any others out there. Maybe someone will chime in if they know.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I like it. I don't know of any others out there. Maybe someone will chime in if they know.

The large metal piece sure does need a sticker. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

#1994 4 years ago

Long time ago a person in Germany made a very limited run of transparent cross ramp. Perhaps an idea for someone?

1608D2C3-DE13-4067-A646-E48CD1137E82 (resized).jpeg1608D2C3-DE13-4067-A646-E48CD1137E82 (resized).jpeg96F96D28-2DEA-42E7-B9B5-849C7FEFCB8E (resized).jpeg96F96D28-2DEA-42E7-B9B5-849C7FEFCB8E (resized).jpeg
#1995 4 years ago

Guys, need help understanding whether I can “solve” this, or it is what it is. Last night I was showing some friends the audits menu and then stumbled on the Tournament menu. Not realizing until much later that you actually need a stupid physical extra Tournament button to DO tournament, I activated one figuring we could play it.

Now, knowing I can’t actually do that since I don’t have that button, it still shows this new stuff on the scrolling menu in between games about “CURRENT WINNERS” or something, and scrolls through the factory default names.

I have ensured that the tournament is over. I’ve started a one minute tournament. I’ve started and then ended a tournament. Nothing stops this crap from showing on the menu now, in between games.

Can anyone help me figure out how to clear that out so it doesn’t show some meaningless fake tournament into every single time?
4E4EFFDC-5C73-44BB-88E9-6C79E34E6868 (resized).jpeg4E4EFFDC-5C73-44BB-88E9-6C79E34E6868 (resized).jpeg

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Guys, need help understanding whether I can “solve” this, or it is what it is. Last night I was showing some friends the audits menu and then stumbled on the Tournament menu. Not realizing until much later that you actually need a stupid physical extra Tournament button to DO tournament, I activated one figuring we could play it.
Now, knowing I can’t actually do that since I don’t have that button, it still shows this new stuff on the scrolling menu in between games about “CURRENT WINNERS” or something, and scrolls through the factory default names.
I have ensured that the tournament is over. I’ve started a one minute tournament. I’ve started and then ended a tournament. Nothing stops this crap from showing on the menu now, in between games.
Can anyone help me figure out how to clear that out so it doesn’t show some meaningless fake tournament into every single time?
[quoted image]

Start and stop a tournament ten times. That will clear it.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Set Encore to 5 balls instead of 3.

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Set Encore to 5 balls instead of 3.

Huh?

#1999 4 years ago

The way it was written makes no sense, but I’m guessing he meant change the settings to have 5 balls per game rather than 3?

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

The way it was written makes no sense, but I’m guessing he meant change the settings to have 5 balls per game rather than 3?

That’s the same as putting it on 10 ball for me. I’m not there yet. Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/40?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.