Topic Stats

• 1,967 posts
  • 279 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 400 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B5953E04-CD25-4D02-A0DC-C98EAA0E2C5E (resized).jpeg
IMG_5943[1] (resized).JPG
Anti-sway target bracket (resized).jpg
lucishirt (resized).jpg
topper (resized).JPG
bolt 1 (resized).jpg
bolt (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
58D7B95F-B545-4470-9153-575D8EC171C1 (resized).jpeg
8CF33E02-6D9D-4090-8BD9-E303DD4867CA (resized).jpeg
1DE0EF98-15EE-4F27-A688-538A3AB58C49 (resized).jpeg
1F76A7D2-3BA6-4F27-BFD7-5023DBE8B038 (resized).jpeg
A7178658-83A1-4938-AB4E-F3029221C33B (resized).jpeg
IMG_5294 (resized).jpg
BBOX (resized).jpg
BackboxSpeakerDetail (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1967 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 40.
#1901 53 days ago

Finished up installing the Super Kit from PinWoofer in my VE AC/DC. The sound is so much better that you need to hear one in person to really appreciate it. Install was straight forward, took probably an hour or so. Power to the amps is supplied by the accessory plug in the right side of the cabinet. I'm super happy with the sound, and Dan was checking on the install along the way to make sure everything went well. Really great dealing with them. Will probably be ordering another kit for Metallica.

IMG_5294 (resized).jpg
#1902 53 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Finished up installing the Super Kit from PinWoofer in my VE AC/DC. The sound is so much better that you need to hear one in person to really appreciate it. Install was straight forward, took probably an hour or so. Power to the amps is supplied by the accessory plug in the right side of the cabinet. I'm super happy with the sound, and Dan was checking on the install along the way to make sure everything went well. Really great dealing with them. Will probably be ordering another kit for Metallica.[quoted image]

Nice install shot kawydud !

We see all customers through to the end of their install and the kit price induces engineering technical support.

https://PinWoofer.com

#1903 52 days ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Nice install shot kawydud !
We see all customers through to the end of their install and the kit price induces engineering technical support.
https://PinWoofer.com

Just curious, why do you have white spacers?

#1904 47 days ago

New to the Club with purchase of original premium. Looking for a topper, any suggestions?

#1905 47 days ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

New to the Club with purchase of original premium. Looking for a topper, any suggestions?

The new TiltTopper top is frikkin’ awesome!

A7178658-83A1-4938-AB4E-F3029221C33B (resized).jpeg
#1906 47 days ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

The new TiltTopper top is frikkin’ awesome![quoted image]

That looks awesome! Thanks!

#1907 44 days ago

Aloha ALL,

I am circling the wagon and about to pull the trigger on this 'Amazing-Bad-ASS AC/DC pinball machine. It will be my first since I was a kid 40 years ago playing some really simple stuff back in the early 70's . I think I saw one from memory crazy how far we have come.

The 2 I am looking at are both premiums and almost the same price as both are gentle used from home owners. Luci looks kinda cool.

Some nice mods have been added like the hi-def glass, shaker and upgraded sound system.

After spending about 20 hours on here and a few other blogs and forums I see we can go crazy on "MODS"

The quality of the work you guys post up is incredible. The TNT, the plunger, the cover for the back right and so on. Very Impressive group.

Hope to get this done ASAP and show some pictures and be apart of this cool 'CLUB"

Thanks for the awesome community.

#1908 44 days ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Aloha ALL,
I am circling the wagon and about to pull the trigger on this 'Amazing-Bad-ASS AC/DC pinball machine. It will be my first since I was a kid 40 years ago playing some really simple stuff back in the early 70's . I think I saw one from memory crazy how far we have come.
The 2 I am looking at are both premiums and almost the same price as both are gentle used from home owners. Luci looks kinda cool.
Some nice mods have been added like the hi-def glass, shaker and upgraded sound system.
After spending about 20 hours on here and a few other blogs and forums I see we can go crazy on "MODS"
The quality of the work you guys post up is incredible. The TNT, the plunger, the cover for the back right and so on. Very Impressive group.
Hope to get this done ASAP and show some pictures and be apart of this cool 'CLUB"

Welcome to the club.

It is a great first machine!!

You will enjoy it.

#1909 44 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Welcome to the club.
It is a great first machine!!
You will enjoy it.

Thanks for the welcome.

Which one of the 5 do you own?

#1910 44 days ago

Aloha ALL,

Congrats on your future purchase. I wish my first pin would have been as good as ACDC! One of the best games of all time. I've got a regular Premium with the LUCI translite which is my preferred package.

#1911 44 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Congrats on your future purchase. I wish my first pin would have been as good as ACDC! One of the best games of all time. I've got a regular Premium with the LUCI translite which is my preferred package.

So the LUCI is premium to begin with...correct?? newbie here....what's translite?

Did you do the extra subwoofer add on? I am looking at a few 10-12" to go under the machine to really rock the house. HAHA.

Have you done any mods?

Thanks for your time.

#1912 43 days ago

Thanks for the welcome.
Which one of the 5 do you own?

Bought AC/DC Premium Vault new about a year ago. Love the machine and music.

Have done a number of mods. Will post a picture later.

#1913 43 days ago

Have an AC/DC Luci Vault, and I can say it's honestly my favorite pin I've ever owned (out of 30 or so).

#1914 43 days ago

Here is mine... few mods.

1F76A7D2-3BA6-4F27-BFD7-5023DBE8B038 (resized).jpeg8CF33E02-6D9D-4090-8BD9-E303DD4867CA (resized).jpeg1DE0EF98-15EE-4F27-A688-538A3AB58C49 (resized).jpeg58D7B95F-B545-4470-9153-575D8EC171C1 (resized).jpeg
#1915 43 days ago

the LUCI is premium to begin with...correct?? newbie here....what's translite?
Did you do the extra subwoofer add on? I am looking at a few 10-12" to go under the machine to really rock the house. HAHA.

Welcome to the future ACDC pin ownership club! I have the Luci and it is a Premium. You can go crazy with kids, but for ACDC, I recommend color DMD, shaker motor, and upgrade the sound. I am running pinwoofer amp in Luci and the full kit (2 amps, backbox and cabinet speaker) in my Metallica. It’s hands down the best pinball audio system on the market ... loud as F! I live in Frisco and can show you what I’ve done to my Luci or any other machine if interested.
(Note Color DMD is in my IM at the moment).

image (resized).jpg
#1916 43 days ago

Where can you find a sticker for the railroad tracks going down the ramp? I've only found tracks that go up the ramp, but not go down.

#1917 43 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Where can you find a sticker for the railroad tracks going down the ramp?

I may have some. I can check tomorrow for you

#1918 43 days ago

So the LUCI is premium to begin with...correct?? newbie here....what's translite?
Have you done any mods?
Thanks for your time.

Luci is always a Premium, but there are differences between the original Luci and the Vault Luci. The vault has a removable window, but has the original drummer taken off the jitter toy in the back right since this was released when he was out of the band for trying to get a dirty deed done dirt cheap. The original Luci also has crappier incandescent lightning bolts, but that's not a huge deal since you'll likely be replacing them anyway. Original Luci can have a color DMD added without a gasket and standoffs, but the speaker holes are smaller.

#1919 43 days ago

Seems like a bug with the Hold Bonus in the new code? On final ball it doesn't give it.

Anyone noticed this?

#1920 43 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Seems like a bug with the Hold Bonus in the new code? On final ball it doesn't give it.
Anyone noticed this?

If it gives it, it’s not obvious. Not sure if Lyman intends you to get bonus twice on the final ball or not, but it’s hard to tell even if you do get it.

#1921 43 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyone noticed this?

When you say “give it”, you don’t mean that you expected to earn the bonus value, right? Just to clarify, hold bonus just means you don’t start building it up from zero again on the next ball. You still have to earn it like normal.

#1922 43 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

When you say “give it”, you don’t mean that you expected to earn the bonus value, right? Just to clarify, hold bonus just means you don’t start building it up from zero again on the next ball. You still have to earn it like normal.

I think he’s talking about earning gold bonus on the final ball. Most of the time if a game has hold bonus and you earn it on your final ball, the bonus will count down twice in a row since there is no next ball to apply the award to.

I don’t think ACDC currently does this if you get hold bonus on your final ball.

#1923 43 days ago

I have seen a hold bonus on my last ball get paid out. Running latest release firmware

#1924 43 days ago

Quick note to new buyers and those that have not tried our lightning bolts yet.
Version 5.0 will be released this month.
Due to popular demand Yellow is back, Blue & Warm white are 15% dialed back (people said they were a bit too bright in dark settings).
We have relocated the power tabs to the bottom of the PCB and added factory installed secondary lower power trace.
We will be making a new vid to showcase the changes.
The 4.0 version currently on the site will be the brightest we ever make and there are a few kits left.

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p17/ACDC-4th-Generation-Lightning-Bolts-Pinball-Mod.html

#1925 43 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

The 4.0 version currently on the site will be the brightest we ever make and there are a few kits left

Been eyeing these for a while; you discounting the Gen 4?

#1926 43 days ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Been eyeing these for a while; you discounting the Gen 4?

No not discounting gen 4 at this time. Once Gen 5 hit Gen 4 will be marketed as the brightest option recommended for lit areas.
We have 10 sets for blue and 12 for the warm white option.

For those watching the metal apron upgrade we sell, those we are under a handful of each color and will not be running them again.

#1927 42 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he’s talking about earning gold bonus on the final ball. Most of the time if a game has hold bonus and you earn it on your final ball, the bonus will count down twice in a row since there is no next ball to apply the award to.
I don’t think ACDC currently does this if you get hold bonus on your final ball.

This is what I think is the case.

#1928 42 days ago

So I guess we will never have the code completed on this game? Oi frenzy will never be.

#1929 42 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So I guess we will never have the code completed on this game? Oi frenzy will never be.

Thought there was going to be a GI black out for back and black mode at one point.
Its a great game hope they run it again and keep tweaking it.

#1930 42 days ago

If anyone is thinking of going with the Hooked Lightning Bolts and not sure what to go with.... we have the Gen4 blue lights with the stainless bolts..... Absolutely Awesome lights!!!

#1931 42 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There were rumors Lyman did something for completing 6 songs.

At the very least oi mania needs to be fixed.

I am guessing/hoping it's on the cards, but time wise, who knows.

#1932 41 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Quick note to new buyers and those that have not tried our lightning bolts yet.
Version 5.0 will be released this month.
Due to popular demand Yellow is back, Blue & Warm white are 15% dialed back (people said they were a bit too bright in dark settings).
We have relocated the power tabs to the bottom of the PCB and added factory installed secondary lower power trace.
We will be making a new vid to showcase the changes.
The 4.0 version currently on the site will be the brightest we ever make and there are a few kits left.
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p17/ACDC-4th-Generation-Lightning-Bolts-Pinball-Mod.html

Have the 4.0 in warm white and FWIW I play in a dark game room and it’s not too bright to me, it’s awesome.
Curious what’s the point of the secondary lower power trace?

#1933 40 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Have the 4.0 in warm white and FWIW I play in a dark game room and it’s not too bright to me, it’s awesome.
Curious what’s the point of the secondary lower power trace?

Early 1.0 v and some 2.0 v had issues with the lower section of leds dropping out. The fix at first was to reflow solder. The secondary trace was added in 2014 and the issue has stopped. If you happen to have an early set they can be fixed by adding the trace or you can get replacement PCB assemblies on our site and just reuse the original frames.
Early versions had the PCB board riveted to the frame which has been revised 3.0v going forward.

Hookedonpinball.com

1 week later
#1934 31 days ago

Hi All,

Where can I get black or red bolts for the legs with same color washes? The silver just doesn't look right.

I am hoping the powder coating will be a match.

Thanks.

#1935 31 days ago

I bought my black bolts from Pinball Life.

#1936 31 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Ordered these extended black bolts from Pinball-life (on sale too).
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-extended-black-leg-bolt-2-34.html

And these black washers from Marco Specialties.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/242-5049-0

I looked all over and couldn’t find any black nylon washers anywhere in this size.

Both worked great!
Hope this helps...

bolt (resized).jpgbolt 1 (resized).jpg
#1937 31 days ago
Quoted from trk12fire:

Thanks s much...checking it out now.

#1938 31 days ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Ordered these extended black bolts from Pinball-life (on sale too).
https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-extended-black-leg-bolt-2-34.html
And these black washers from Marco Specialties.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/242-5049-0
I looked all over and couldn’t find any black nylon washers anywhere in this size.
Both worked great!
Hope this helps...[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.....Thank you for the info. The black looks good , red would just blend in so nicely but if no red back it is.

You guys rock.

Glad to be apart of the AC/DC club.

I need to stop buying mods as it's going into addiction mode now. Please help me stop...HAHA

#1939 31 days ago

I ordered items from both sites.

Thanks team AC/DC.

#1940 30 days ago

Mods are coming in now daily....Yikes. The list is getting long.

Who has the coolest pads for protection and movement?

Thanks Club AC/DC

#1941 29 days ago

Testing my first upload.

topper (resized).JPG
#1942 29 days ago

Sporting my new T-Shirt!!!.

Okay all done for the day. lol

lucishirt (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1943 5 days ago

I just wanted to share this with the Premium/LE Club. Our lower playfield targets take such a beating, they often do not register. Years ago I purchased splints for theses targets and several more targets on our other games.

I just noticed these Anti-Sway target brackets on the Pinballlife website, so I picked several up. These do the trick. I removed the splints (which helped and were the best thing going at that time) and installed them. Didn't take a lot of time and these are solid. Highly recommend these for anyone with targets shifting or just wanting to fortify them.

I replaced the two outer switch brackets first. These target rarely registered hits. Then I got bold and did the center, lower playfield switch bracket next. Problem is when the playfield is raised, the darn ball dropped behind the switch hole so I couldn't put the new bracket back in. I dreaded the next step... removing the lower playfield. To my pleasant surprise, I didn't remove it all the way. Just took out the four screws and separated it enough to slide the ball back in. Just make sure you don't pinch any wiring when re-tightening the lower playfield in place.

Played many games and the lower playfield was now a pleasure to play. Every hit registered!

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Anti-sway target bracket (resized).jpgIMG_5943[1] (resized).JPG
#1944 5 days ago

The lower leds are dropping out on mine. If I send them to you, will you add the secondary trace?

Quoted from HOOKED:

Early 1.0 v and some 2.0 v had issues with the lower section of leds dropping out. The fix at first was to reflow solder. The secondary trace was added in 2014 and the issue has stopped. If you happen to have an early set they can be fixed by adding the trace or you can get replacement PCB assemblies on our site and just reuse the original frames.
Early versions had the PCB board riveted to the frame which has been revised 3.0v going forward.
Hookedonpinball.com

#1945 4 days ago
Quoted from RGman:

The lower leds are dropping out on mine. If I send them to you, will you add the secondary trace?

Don't want to take business away from Hooked, but if you want to keep it local - there's a gent that does pin repair over in Elkhart. Stones throw away from you.

#1946 1 day ago

What color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

#1947 1 day ago
Quoted from Crunch:

What color lightning bolts look the best yellow, white or blue?

I like the stock ones best.

#1948 1 day ago

stock ones?

#1949 1 day ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like the stock ones best.

Which? There's two "stock" versions from Stern.

#1950 1 day ago
Quoted from Crunch:

stock ones?

Yeah. The ones that come with the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Crown Point, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 1967 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside