20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 67.
#1851 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

I would really like some more info on this as well (apart from what has already been posted). To me, its better to take the jackpot whenever its avaialable, and as you say, collect it 2 or 3 times, rather than wait simply for it to build up....unless...there is some multiplier/exponential effect from letting it build up longer.
Its easier to light 2x than to relight fire 3 times, so i would have thought getting song jackpot to 10M, and going for a 2x multipler and doing this 3 times for 60M is a 'safer' strategy than try to let the jackpot get to 30M and get 2x and collect the 60M then in one shot. Both strategies should yield the same points, however there is a greater chance of gettign the reqard with the first as you aren't waiting as long to collect a single song jackpot - so your chance of draining is less - plus if you stuff one of them up, you still have the other 2 jackpots.
Maybe its redundant for me, as i pretty much only play to try and get to the elusive encore mode!!! Have had it lit once, and choked, that was 3 or 4 years ago.

Risk verses Reward.

#1852 4 years ago

I have found that if I wait to fire the cannon until it is on the return trip I have less issues with it not actually dropping the target.

#1853 4 years ago

Few left - Lighted Roof Band Mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-band-mod

D0DDB106-853D-4981-B1E3-986918F365CB (resized).jpegD0DDB106-853D-4981-B1E3-986918F365CB (resized).jpeg
#1854 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thank you, I’ll go with Rosie. Do song jackpots grow exponentially? I’d not, is there a reason to let the song jackpot grow instead of just cashing it in?

Let me preface something here especially since you say tournament play. Before you pick Rosie or You Shook Me, you better watch that feed out of the pops. If that feed is anything other than friendly I would strongly encourage you to actually avoid any song that diverts the ball to the pops. There is an AC/DC that I play in league and the feed from the pops is 50/50 SDTM. When I see players pick one of those modes I know I've pretty much beaten them already.

1 week later
#1855 4 years ago

Am I the only one who thinks AC/DC pinball is better than Metallica?

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It’s not even close imo. ACDC is far superior. Even with the newest code, MET is a lumberjack’s dream game.

#1857 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not even close imo. ACDC is far superior. Even with the newest code, MET is a lumberjack’s dream game.

Agreed. I really want to like Metallica as I like the band and art better than ACDC but the game feels like chopping wood and doesn't have the excitement and smooth layout of ACDC.

#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Agreed. I really want to like Metallica as I like the band and art better than ACDC but the game feels like chopping wood and doesn't have the excitement and smooth layout of ACDC.

Yeah I’m just not a huge Borg fan. I tend to struggle with his layouts. TWD was so well done all around though. And it’s a dream theme for me. So that one gets a pass. Haha

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I dunno... I have them both, sitting right next to each other. The Beavis and Butthead of pinball machines. I think they compliment each other wonderfully, and I jump from one to the other frequently. Love 'em both. Don't make me choose! LOL

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I’m just not a huge Borg fan. I tend to struggle with his layouts. TWD was so well done all around though. And it’s a dream theme for me. So that one gets a pass. Haha

TWD is Borg's best layout and Lyman's masterpiece. My all time favorite game and really the only game that comes close is ACDC! Just need Lyman to finish that code and put it over the top...

IMG_20190512_091116 (resized).jpgIMG_20190512_091116 (resized).jpg
#1861 4 years ago

Anybody with the Laseriffic Train topper, do these buttons have any functionality? I just purchased the topper and it stays solid red. The buttons have seemingly no function. I wrote laseriffic / cointaker, but havent received a reply, and the CT support email info@ bounced back.

20190517_081216 (resized).jpg20190517_081216 (resized).jpg
#1862 4 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Anybody with the Laseriffic Train topper, do these buttons have any functionality? I just purchased the topper and it stays solid red. The buttons have seemingly no function. I wrote laseriffic / cointaker, but havent received a reply, and the CT support email info@ bounced back.
[quoted image]

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. CoinTaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. cointaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

Well that's a little disappointing. Not exactly a cheap product. Thanks for the info.

#1864 4 years ago

I'm in the same boat. I bought one and nothing happens. cointaker told me they'd send me another controller but I haven't heard anything since after texting and everything.

I have one, and it flashes.... BUT, there is no little control like you're showing. The wires just go straight from the connector to a quick disconnect right behind the Topper. Works fine.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I have one, and it flashes.... BUT, there is no little control like you're showing. The wires just go straight from the connector to a quick disconnect right behind the Topper. Works fine.

I’m done with them. They also told me I could purchase a DP Premium at Allentown and to bring a check. I did but when I showed up, they said they didn’t have one and set it up on the floor instead. WTH?

Still I gave them the chance when they told me they had one in stock and would deliver it that week. Then after a day, all of a sudden they didn’t have one.

So I’m basically I dropped two bills on an AC/DC topper that doesn’t work properly.

Communication etc. by CoinTaker (which is also Laserific) is awful. NEVER AGAIN, kids. You’ve been warned.

#1866 4 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Quoted from jester523:

[quoted image]

We use these dimmers in some of our mods. Make sure the dimmer is not wired backwards. You’ll see it says led on one end and 12-24v on the other end. The led side of the dimmer should be on the side running to the topper, 12-24v should be on the side going to the game’s power connection. If it’s wired backwards, the light will just stay on a dimmer won’t function.

#1867 4 years ago

It should allow you to change the color and effects. Those are dirt cheap imports from China. Same type of ones I used for my Tron mods that I was making. I had to triple check they worked before installing them before I soldered them on.

At this point, if they wont take care of it for you, may be easier to just get a comparable light strip and make your own. Not what you should have to due but you can get strips for about $20 these days now.

#1868 4 years ago

Ok. I'm sorry, I was mistaken. There is a controller on mine, and it switches the mode and flashing speed. Again, sorry for the mistake.

#1869 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We use these dimmers in some of our mods. Make sure the dimmer is not wired backwards. You’ll see it says led on one end and 12-24v on the other end. The led side of the dimmer should be on the side running to the topper, 12-24v should be on the side going to the game’s power connection. If it’s wired backwards, the light will just stay on a dimmer won’t function.

Just as an update, I went ahead and cut the wire and turned it around, and it is working fine now. It doesn't change color (but I am guessing it's just a straight red led strip), but the effects are working now. Thanks for the help.

I am a bit disappointed in laseriffic / cointaker for not even getting a response. I like to judge people on their best day, not their worst, but since this is my first experience with them, I probably won't ever buy anything from them again.

Guinnesstime you may never get a response or a new controller, but just try reversing flipping it around, and hopefully that solves it.

1 week later
#1870 4 years ago

Has anyone changed some/any/all songs via Pinbrowser and might like to share the file?

#1871 4 years ago

Just got 120,000,000+ for a cannon jackpot. I was on Hells Bells x 3 playfield multiplier. That's my highest so far. What's yours?

#1872 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Just got 120,000,000+ for a cannon jackpot. I was on Hells Bells x 3 playfield multiplier. That's my highest so far. What's yours?

Haven’t touched that on my NIB I just got. But on location I’ve had over 200. My ultimate goal is 300. I’ve had it set up a couple times, but never cashed in. Current code too. Before I’m sure that was totally attainable with Hells Bells.

#1873 4 years ago

I'm not sure I ever played the old code. Most of my high scores are in the 300-400 range. I couldn't imagine getting a jackpot that high. That's what keeps you coming back to play again.

#1874 4 years ago

It’s funny. I’ve never broken 400 million for a game but I’ve been one shot away from getting 300 million on one shot. Haha

#1875 4 years ago

Did Stern change the flasher design of the lightning bolts for the vault edition games? I was shown something that I have not seen on any website. It's also definitely not a hooked or pinbits version either.

Rob

#1876 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Did Stern change the flasher design of the lightning bolts for the vault edition games? I was shown something that I have not seen on any website. It's also definitely not a hooked or pinbits version either.
Rob

Not sure but here are my vault bolts.

20190601_215916 (resized).jpg20190601_215916 (resized).jpg20190601_215928 (resized).jpg20190601_215928 (resized).jpg
#1877 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

Not sure but here are my vault bolts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, those are different and better than the original ones. The original had a 906 flasher bulb socket behind the bolt and the metal bolt bracket did not allow light through it from behind.

Rob

#1878 4 years ago
Quoted from TODD969:

Not sure but here are my vault bolts.[quoted image][quoted image]

Weird...my luci vault are the old style. I changed them to the hooked ones though.

#1879 4 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Weird...my luci vault are the old style. I changed them to the hooked ones though.

The production date is Oct 16 2018, if that makes any difference.

#1880 4 years ago

I have a vault with sockets. I have taken the bulbs out as I couldn’t get them to stay in.

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

No you aren't. To me its not even close either

#1882 4 years ago

I think it is the best of all the newer Stern band pins. I know lots love Maiden as well, but I just found it clunky.

#1883 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I have way more fun combo-ing ramps then hitting sparky over and over again

#1884 4 years ago

I've only had to strip her down and wax her once in 4 months. She always stays clean. No ball trails or anything. I'm speaking of my AC/DC of course. I'm scared if I do a light cleaning, it'll be to fast and break a plastic or something. I do have the Pro model, but this LE thread has more discussion.

1 week later
#1885 4 years ago

Wondering if it's possible to find a LTBR LE backglass for sale. I'd love to drop one of those into my premium. Let me know if you have one and are interested in selling. Thanks

#1886 4 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Wondering if it's possible to find a LTBR LE backglass for sale. I'd love to drop one of those into my premium. Let me know if you have one and are interested in selling. Thanks

Backglass - Doubtful.

If you can get a real good picture of one you may have better luck getting one printed and essentially make your own translight.

#1887 4 years ago

There has been talk of something being added after 6 songs - a reward for half way to encore.

Would something as simple as a 50 million countdown jackpot suffice?

Works for me

#1888 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

There has been talk of something being added after 6 songs - a reward for half way to encore.
Would something as simple as a 50 million countdown jackpot suffice?
Works for me

Lyman has spoke of a mini wizard mode. I hope to god it does get implemented it does not prolong progress towards Encore. JJP did something similar with Dialed In; they have 2 fantastic wizard modes in Armageddon and Final showdown but then added halfway wizard modes that makes the game take forever to get to the ‘good’ wizard modes.

That said, I hope if a mini wizard mode comes for acdc that it compliments progress towards encore; i.e. something like sea of simulation in tron.

My idea would be to attach it to Oi Mania. Once you start oi mania, the wizard mode is a 2 ball multiball with 30 sec ball saver. The mode starts on TNT “IF” that song has not been completed. Each song in oi mania will have its typical objective, i.e. TNT is shoot the 3 drops then hit the TNT target. This will then start hurryups at each of the white music notes, each hurryup collected will increase the value of the next collected (limited to 2 hurryups per shot). It only takes one hurryup to be able to switch songs. To switch songs, lock 1 ball in the cannon and the other in the Jukebox. Your hurryup value collect will then be lit at the cannon (with the ball that’s locked), and the song will automatically switch to the next available that has not been completed. A 5 sec ball saver will also be triggered in transition. Oi mania ends when you drain to one ball or you get through all 12 songs at which a final cannon shot will be made available then the balls will drain and begin Encore.

Encore is such a bad ass wizard mode that it needs to be highlighted more in the pinball world. Adding a mini wizard mode for 6 songs played would hurt the game if not implemented correctly. Take away some of the grind in getting to encore. Oi mania could be the answer and in theory you could get to Oi mania with only completing a few songs; or on the flip side you might not get it til you complete 8 or 9 songs.

Anyway, thinking out loud lol.

#1889 4 years ago

Some great thoughts there.

I am waiting for final update before changing my settings.

As the game stands I have zero chance of reaching encore, so will eventually reduce song notes from 8 to 6 to shorten the process.

I love the idea of getting halfway and then having a chance to shorten the journey to encore

#1890 4 years ago

Does anyone have any sound issues with their AC/DC Premium vault? Our back box speakers are really muddy sounding. Is it the speakers or is it the recordings they used?

#1891 4 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Does anyone have any sound issues with their AC/DC Premium vault? Our back box speakers are really muddy sounding. Is it the speakers or is it the recordings they used?

It’s the speakers. Check to make sure their not pushing up on the speaker grill. You may need to add a couple washers to give them breathing room from the speaker grill. Otherwise hit up your distributor and/or Chas at stern, they’ll get you replacements.

#1892 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Some great thoughts there.
I am waiting for final update before changing my settings.
As the game stands I have zero chance of reaching encore, so will eventually reduce song notes from 8 to 6 to shorten the process.
I love the idea of getting halfway and then having a chance to shorten the journey to encore

I lowered the outlane posts on my game. I got 9 songs the other day too. Some day I will do 12 at default settings.

Rob

#1893 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I lowered the outlane posts on my game. I got 9 songs the other day too. Some day I will do 12 at default settings.
Rob

Still on factory settings but might also lower the outlane posts.

Only when Oi- mania is fixed, as want to see if anything else added, that helps the journey to encore.

#1894 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s the speakers. Check to make sure their not pushing up on the speaker grill. You may need to add a couple washers to give them breathing room from the speaker grill. Otherwise hit up your distributor and/or Chas at stern, they’ll get you replacements.

Keep in mind the stock speakers are paper cone, and not capable of much travel. Any benefit you get from standing them off with the 1/16" Stern nylon washer (or extras) is likely minimal. The stock speakers are without doubt, low quality - once a $2 speaker, always a $2 speaker.

To solve the standoff and the cheap speaker dilemma, we supply 10mm nylon spacers for clearance of the coaxial tweeter for our amplified backbox kit. You can get this kit as a backbox only option if you are running an external sub. Or, go full-on with a dual amp backbox and cabinet subwoofer without an external sub. We have guys doing both internal and external so you can feel the bass in your hands and feet. We sell a lot of kits into ACDC.

These 4" rounds are 90W RMS apiece and when the volume is cranked, you can really see the cone travel. Beefy magnet and they pack a punch.

Check us out at https://PinWoofer.com

Thanks
BackboxSpeakerDetail (resized).jpgBackboxSpeakerDetail (resized).jpgBBOX (resized).jpgBBOX (resized).jpg

#1895 4 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Keep in mind the stock speakers are paper cone, and not capable of much travel. Any benefit you get from standing them off with the 1/16" Stern nylon washer (or extras) is likely minimal. The stock speakers are without doubt, low quality - once a $2 speaker, always a $2 speaker.
To solve the standoff and the cheap speaker dilemma, we supply 10mm nylon spacers for clearance of the coaxial tweeter for our amplified backbox kit. You can get this kit as a backbox only option if you are running an external sub. Or, go full-on with a dual amp backbox and cabinet subwoofer without an external sub. We have guys doing both internal and external so you can feel the bass in your hands and feet. We sell a lot of kits into ACDC.
These 4" rounds are 90W RMS apiece and when the volume is cranked, you can really see the cone travel. Beefy magnet and they pack a punch.
Check out out at https://PinWoofer.com
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

Just ordered the super kit, can't wait to see how good this game sounds.

#1896 4 years ago

Hi There
I’ve got a Luci and the lower playfield flippers at not working correctly.The right lower flipper returns too slow when fired,I shortened flipper return spring and that helped a lot.Any recommendations to improve performance

#1897 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hi There
I’ve got a Luci and the lower playfield flippers at not working correctly.The right lower flipper returns too slow when fired,I shortened flipper return spring and that helped a lot.Any recommendations to improve performance

The return spring was most likely fine. Need to look at the coil sleeve and the coil stop and the bushing. Some or all may need to be replaced.

#1898 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The return spring was most likely fine. Need to look at the coil sleeve and the coil stop and the bushing. Some or all may need to be replaced.

Thanks for quick response,this is first Stern,do they use the same sleeves as B/W?

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks for quick response,this is first Stern,do they use the same sleeves as B/W?

Possibly. Just need to make sure the length is right. All coil sleeve are the same diameter.

#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Possibly. Just need to make sure the length is right. All coil sleeve are the same diameter.

Thank you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/38?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.