20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.
#1701 5 years ago

Sorry user is cpr9999

#1702 5 years ago

Joined the Prem club last Sat.! Had my eye on this pin for quite awhile. Time to start reading all the posts in this thread and learning the rules!

#1703 5 years ago

Doesn't look like the oi mania fix is coming this quarter.

Wish Stern would release a patch to fix this.

#1704 5 years ago

Is there a way to set the machine up to play music, when not playing a game?

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is there a way to set the machine up to play music, when not playing a game?

Hold the right flipper button in during attract mode.

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hold the right flipper button in during attract mode.

Thx. Will it play the entire song or multiple songs?

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Thx. Will it play the entire song or multiple songs?

One song at a time then it stops unless you use the flippers to change to a different song before it ends.I think you have to change a setting for this to happen....I think?

#1708 5 years ago

Sweet! It played an entire song once, but I wasn't sure what caused it. Very cool

#1709 5 years ago

Oh snap, Fu*:+ng awesome!

KIMG1513 (resized).JPGKIMG1513 (resized).JPG
#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Joined the Prem club last Sat.! Had my eye on this pin for quite awhile. Time to start reading all the posts in this thread and learning the rules!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-rule-sheet

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Oh snap, Fu*:+ng awesome!
[quoted image]

I found this by accident a few months ago too. Kinda cool.

#1712 5 years ago

If you press another button (I forget which) it alternates between the live version and the album version.

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you press another button (I forget which) it alternates between the live version and the album version.

Hit the fire button to play the live versions.

#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Even cooler!

#1715 5 years ago

This game has the best rules and code that I've ever played. I'm never sure if I want to try X2 or X3 score value, by hitting the bell and then shoot for the cannon. When I actually do that and shoot the lightning, it's awesome. When I fail, it makes me want to come back for more or go bigger. Great game! It used to just piss me off in the pincade. You don't realize how good this pinball machine is, till you own it.

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

This game has the best rules and code that I've ever played. I'm never sure if I want to try X2 or X3 score value, by hitting the bell and then shoot for the cannon. When I actually do that and shoot the lightning, it's awesome. When I fail, it makes me want to come back for more or go bigger. Great game! It used to just piss me off in the pincade. You don't realize how good this pinball machine is, till you own it.

For me I knew all along. I played the hell out of this on location for years until I owned it. It I will say, it’s even better than I expected from owning it at home. Finding all kinds of awesome stuff about it that I didn’t know before.

#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For me I knew all along. I played the hell out of this on location for years until I owned it. It I will say, it’s even better than I expected from owning it at home. Finding all kinds of awesome stuff about it that I didn’t know before.

And just think, it's only gonna get better!

Rob

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

And just think, it's only gonna get better!
Rob

Still hoping we get the 'something' after 6 songs

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks bsobie!

You are a Welcome! I sure hope it helps.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

You are a Welcome! I sure hope it helps.

I actually found that prior. Right now just playing to familiarize myself before reading the rules. A little bit easier to comprehend the rules for me once I'm acquainted with the PF.

Going thru all the posts on this thread. Lot's to learn!

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I actually found that prior. Right now just playing to familiarize myself before reading the rules. A little bit easier to comprehend the rules for me once I'm acquainted with the PF.
Going thru all the posts on this thread. Lot's to learn!

Posted this in the wrong thread. Haha

Going live tonight on ACDC premium at 9pm eastern. I know some were wondering about some of the rules. If you want to tune in, I would be happy to help clear any confusion if I can!
www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Going live tonight on ACDC premium at 9pm eastern. I know some were wondering about some of the rules. If you want to tune in, I would be happy to help clear any confusion if I can!

nice stream Chuck

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On the 'to do' watch list! Thanks!

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

On the 'to do' watch list! Thanks!

My past few streams have been on ACDC so check them all out. Might learn something you didn’t know about before.

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

....Might learn something you didn’t know about before.

That wouldn't be hard to do.

We like the pins w/the deeper rule sets. I might be wrong, but this one doesn't seem as linear as others. Probably a wrong assumption since I'm a newb, but I get the impression there's a lot of interaction between rules or maybe just a lot of goals to achieve all at the same time. And I think there's less 'call outs' that help point me in the right direction. Combine that with so many lights always blinking, it's somewhat confusing...

But hey, I'm having a great time w/the challenge! Learning is half the fun in my book.

#1727 5 years ago

I find it hard enough to just keep the ball alive long enough to get too far into the rules. I notice on most of these are people holding the ball on the flipper every shot, that is such a boring way to play.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

but I get the impression there's a lot of interaction between rules or maybe just a lot of goals to achieve all at the same time.

Lots to achieve at the same time is a perfect way to look at it. You’re always working to that next big collect, MB, song. And you’re always using one or multiple of those to help get to the other. So many ways to play it and dive in.

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I find it hard enough to just keep the ball alive long enough to get too far into the rules. I notice on most of these are people holding the ball on the flipper every shot, that is such a boring way to play.

You definitely need to slow it down if you’re missing. But once you make a shot, it’s best to keep the combos rolling.

#1730 5 years ago

ACDC is probably the only game where I moved both outlane posts to the lowest position. The outlanes can be very unforgiving.

Rob

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

ACDC is probably the only game where I moved both outlane posts to the lowest position. The outlanes can be very unforgiving.
Rob

Me too.

#1732 5 years ago

Hey everyone. I am getting a ball hang up right under the right controlled gate above the top lanes. It does not happen often, but will happen every so often. My tilt is tight, so no shaking it loose without tilting. Anyone have this issue and have a fix? My first thought is put a smaller rubber on that post it's resting on. the gate itself is not holding it there as when the game ball searches, the gate opens, and the ball doesn't move.

Thanks!

#1733 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey everyone. I am getting a ball hang up right under the right controlled gate above the top lanes. It does not happen often, but will happen every so often. My tilt is tight, so no shaking it loose without tilting. Anyone have this issue and have a fix? My first thought is put a smaller rubber on that post it's resting on. the gate itself is not holding it there as when the game ball searches, the gate opens, and the ball doesn't move.
Thanks!

Can you show a pic where it's getting stuck, I don't see any rubber near the right controlled gate, except the one at 4 o'clock to the e in my pic.

15544705294128573428121927916802 (resized).jpg15544705294128573428121927916802 (resized).jpg

#1734 5 years ago

Yep. Gets stuck right there. I’m thinking if I make that rubber smaller, it may not be able to come to rest there. I think it’s resting on the right side of the rubber on the wire guide.

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks!

Yes I have that issue occasionally. It gets stuck on the gate itself, I don't see that it is resting on anything. It started after I raised the right side a bit to prevent the SDTM drains from the bell area.It doesn't happen very often, but seems to happen at the worst time when it does.

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yes I have that issue occasionally. It gets stuck on the gate itself, I don't see that it is resting on anything. It started after I raised the right side a bit to prevent the SDTM drains from the bell area.It doesn't happen very often, but seems to happen at the worst time when it does.

I think I’ve seen the actual gate when closing punch the ball, stopping it initially. But then during ball search, and the gate opens, the ball just sits there. So I’m hoping I can find a way to have the ball roll free once the gate opens.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I’ve seen the actual gate when closing punch the ball, stopping it initially. But then during ball search, and the gate opens, the ball just sits there. So I’m hoping I can find a way to have the ball roll free once the gate opens.

my first thought is to try to change the pitch of the game, I'm at 7.2. You also might try raising the left leg a couple of turns to get the ball to tilt toward the right so it doesn't stick there.

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

my first thought is to try to change the pitch of the game, I'm at 7.2. You also might try raising the left leg a couple of turns to get the ball to tilt toward the right so it doesn't stick there.

K. That’s my next step after the rubber swap.

Mines at at least 7.2 incline. Bubble is off the charts. Haha

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

K. That’s my next step after the rubber swap.
Mines at at least 7.2 incline. Bubble is off the charts. Haha

nudge the game at the top right corner (grab the top portion of the game and shake it lightly so you dont tilt). The tilt bob is in the bottom left corner of the game so the likelyhood of tilting is much lower. This also happens on my pro occasionally that is set up quite steep

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from JTreds:

nudge the game at the top right corner (grab the top portion of the game and shake it lightly so you dont tilt). The tilt bob is in the bottom left corner of the game so the likelyhood of tilting is much lower. This also happens on my pro occasionally that is set up quite steep

That’s what I currently try. Haven’t had success getting it loose with any less than one danger. Haha

#1741 5 years ago

By any chance have you removed that lane guide? I ask because the top and bottom are different. I always get it mixed up but I believe the top is the more oval shape and the bottom is the round shape. the same size rubber goes on both ends but one is slightly larger. If you put it back on upside down it could change that gap there and allow the ball to sit in that spot. It's worth a look at least.

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

By any chance have you removed that lane guide? I ask because the top and bottom are different. I always get it mixed up but I believe the top is the more oval shape and the bottom is the round shape. the same size rubber goes on both ends but one is slightly larger. If you put it back on upside down it could change that gap there and allow the ball to sit in that spot. It's worth a look at least.

That could be because mine definitely had balls also get stuck when traveling through that far right lane up top. I put a smaller rubber on the bottom to stop that, but maybe the top needs to be messed with too. I’ll report back as soon as I can look at it.

#1743 5 years ago

Mine was getting stuck there too. I changed the rubbers to Titan and it happens a lot less. When it does, I only have to give it a little nudge and the ball is free.

#1744 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My tilt is tight, so no shaking it loose without tilting. Anyone have this issue and have a fix?

Loosen up the tilt!

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Gets stuck right there. I’m thinking if I make that rubber smaller, it may not be able to come to rest there. I think it’s resting on the right side of the rubber on the wire guide.

Not sure if this is related to your problem here, but I had an issue similar to this one where the ball gate was not functioning correctly. I found out that the band assembly mounting, holds the backboard in a vertical position, which affects that ball guide mounting. If the backboard is tilted backwards at all from vertical, that ball guide will not function properly. And the band assembly on my game was not connected correctly at all, which turned out to be my problem.

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Loosen up the tilt!

What does that mean? Haha.

#1748 5 years ago

Need a couple more people to get this run started...AC/DC Roof band lighted mod. Send me a PM to get on the list. Thx.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

7170DBED-2E1C-4AE0-941F-3603D1ECAB07 (resized).jpeg7170DBED-2E1C-4AE0-941F-3603D1ECAB07 (resized).jpeg
#1749 5 years ago

Has anyone created a mod that covers up the lane diverters in front if the train and canon? It just looks unfinished with the coils showing.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Has anyone created a mod that covers up the lane diverters in front if the train and canon? It just looks unfinished with the coils showing.

There is a drum mod that covers the diverter as well as the one up by the left ramp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/35?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.