20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.
#1651 5 years ago

A little late, but joining on as a new member. Purchased my brand new AC/DC Premium Vault in January. Something I don't understand is the scoring in this new system. I have 2 other pin, the newest is 1992. I reset the high scores when the machine arrived, simply because I didn't want to see ABC as the top scorer. Anyway, back to AC/DC. Im the top scorer in a specific song. Even though I beat that score when playing on a specific song, it doesn't recognize that and show he as top score for that song. Do I have a setting wrong? Thanks for your help.

#1652 5 years ago

Here is my first machine since 1989, when I owned a Black Knight...
Just finished replacement of most of the LEDs and such...
This machine rocks!

IMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpgIMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpg
#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

A little late, but joining on as a new member. Purchased my brand new AC/DC Premium Vault in January. Something I don't understand is the scoring in this new system. I have 2 other pin, the newest is 1992. I reset the high scores when the machine arrived, simply because I didn't want to see ABC as the top scorer. Anyway, back to AC/DC. Im the top scorer in a specific song. Even though I beat that score when playing on a specific song, it doesn't recognize that and show he as top score for that song. Do I have a setting wrong? Thanks for your help.

Song jackpots do not effect your mode score. Only made lit mode shots do. If I’m going for a song high score, just play that song over and over again in the same game.

#1654 5 years ago

Message me to get on the 9th run of these. When I get enough people I will do another run.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72911

62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpeg62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpegAC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpegAC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpeg228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg
#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Song jackpots do not effect your mode score. Only made lit mode shots do. If I’m going for a song high score, just play that song over and over again in the same game.

Thanks chuckwurt , but what's happening is this. Let's say the Hell's Bells High Score Champ is myself with 16 Million points. I start a game, and select Hell's Bells for the starting song, and keep it Hell's Bells thru the entire game. I finish the game, and my final score is say 32 million points. Shouldn't that 32 mil replace the 16 mil champ?

#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

Thanks chuckwurt , but what's happening is this. Let's say the Hell's Bells High Score Champ is myself with 16 Million points. I start a game, and select Hell's Bells for the starting song, and keep it Hell's Bells thru the entire game. I finish the game, and my final score is say 32 million points. Shouldn't that 32 mil replace the 16 mil champ?

Not necessarily because your 32 million points weren’t earned with hell’s bells shots. You could go that whole game without getting many hells bells points at all if you never hit the bell.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not necessarily because your 32 million points weren’t earned with hell’s bells shots. You could go that whole game without getting many hells bells points at all if you never hit the bell.

Thanks chuckwurt ! I love this game. It sure does have a complex set of rules. I will have to pay more attention to the actual song specific shots. It was funny yesterday, because my wife had the High Score for a particular song, and I beat her mercilessly. Basically 5 times the points she had, and when it didn't give me the song's high score champ, I thought I was getting robbed and she thought it was hilarious hahahaha! Thanks for your help sir.

#1658 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Message me to get on the 9th run of these. When I get enough people I will do another run.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72911[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just wanted to give a shout out on this mod. I bought it for my VE almost a year and a half ago. Easy install and it works/looks great. I don’t buy a lot if mods but this one I am really happy with.

#1659 5 years ago

My right hand lower playfield target kept getting bashed to the right until it didn't register any more. Tightening the bolts didn't hold it so I took the bracket off and drilled a little hole, knocked half a nail through then put it back together with a wedge of plastic. So far it hasn't budged.

20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg

#1661 5 years ago

What do the cannon inserts signify?

How do the horns / Oi mania rules work. I understand that Oi does not function but I’m trying to understand how it’s qualified.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How do the horns / Oi mania rules work. I understand that Oi does not function but I’m trying to understand how it’s qualified.

Collect lit horns inserts around the playfield and eventually the juke box lights up. Oi mania is one of those awards. Like the 3 or 4th one.

#1663 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

My right hand lower playfield target kept getting bashed to the right until it didn't register any more. Tightening the bolts didn't hold it so I took the bracket off and drilled a little hole, knocked half a nail through then put it back together with a wedge of plastic. So far it hasn't budged.
[quoted image]

Loctite on the screws works too.

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Cannon modes never made it into the game because they just didn't work out how the programmer wanted. Maybe they might do something minor in the next update, but it's not a priority.

Rob

#1666 5 years ago

I'm kind of one the cliff edge of selling my game again. I was there last year and then an update came out. But, sometimes finances get in the way of having fun... I don't want to sell it.... I hate this.

Rob

#1667 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm kind of one the cliff edge of selling my game again. I was there last year and then an update came out. But, sometimes finances get in the way of having fun... I don't want to sell it.... I hate this.
Rob

Easy choice. Sell Metallica instead. Haha

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't want to sell any games... I already sold enough last year (SWLE, IMVE, GoTPro). Oh well

Rob

#1670 5 years ago

My slings seem to have gotten more powerful over time. Doesn’t seem like there is a power adjustment, any ideas how could I get less powerful sling action?

#1671 5 years ago

rai did you try turning coil power to soft in the settings menu?

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

rai did you try turning coil power to soft in the settings menu?

Yes.

#1673 5 years ago

OMG this game. It's just a rush. Yes, it can frustrate the hell out of you, but the bell and the right orbit are just TOP NOTCH feeling shots. The ramps are fantastic too. I cashed in my best song jackpot at $75MM+ today. It was 2x scoring, but I did get 3x going for a bit.

Unfortunately I was stuck in one song for most, but wow starting a song, then staging a multi ball, and then going full risk/reward is amazing. Lots of instant gratification, unlike, say MET, which takes time.

#1674 5 years ago

Have a beautiful, HUO, original owner, clear window ACDC - FULLY modded up for sale. You won't find a better example. Take a look and PM me an offer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/75679

full frontal ACDC (resized).jpgfull frontal ACDC (resized).jpg
#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My slings seem to have gotten more powerful over time. Doesn’t seem like there is a power adjustment, any ideas how could I get less powerful sling action?

The slings on my ACDC Premium have always seemed overpowered and I also wish there was an adjustment. The flippers on my GoT pro were way overpowered too.

I will ask if we can get a sling power adjustment setting.

Rob

#1676 5 years ago

Been any word on updated code? I've been holding out.

#1677 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The slings on my ACDC Premium have always seemed overpowered and I also wish there was an adjustment. The flippers on my GoT pro were way overpowered too.
I will ask if we can get a sling power adjustment setting.
Rob

If you haven't done it set the coil power to low in the settings. This doesn't do anything for flippers strength but it does decrease the pulse of power for the slings.

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If you haven't done it set the coil power to low in the settings. This doesn't do anything for flippers strength but it does decrease the pulse of power for the slings.

have done, but it doesn't effect anything on my pin. I am sure this could be addressed in the code and doesn't have to effect any owners who like the powerful slings, just have a setting that actually lowers the power. Like normal and low (lower power). I realize they have a setting in the menu but it is a placebo it doesn't do anything.

#1679 5 years ago

I have noticed that my AC/DC Premium has a tendency for the ball to get stuck behind the AC/DC targets on occasion, between the rubber and the target. It appears to happen more often when the A and C are down and the ball will lodge behind the lightning bolt target. It is rather annoying when you are in multiball and one ball gets stuck there. If it stays there long enough while I bump the machine in efforts to dislodge the ball without other balls in play, the game does a ball search, the AC/DC targets reset and I have to take the glass off to dislodge the ball. Has anyone else noticed this happening or have a recommended fix?

#1680 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I have noticed that my AC/DC Premium has a tendency for the ball to get stuck behind the AC/DC targets on occasion, between the rubber and the target. It appears to happen more often when the A and C are down and the ball will lodge behind the lightning bolt target. It is rather annoying when you are in multiball and one ball gets stuck there. If it stays there long enough while I bump the machine in efforts to dislodge the ball without other balls in play, the game does a ball search, the AC/DC targets reset and I have to take the glass off to dislodge the ball. Has anyone else noticed this happening or have a recommended fix?

What's your pitch set at? Maybe make it steeper? 7-7.5

#1681 5 years ago

I will try that... I just put the bubble in the middle of the level guage...

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Been any word on updated code? I've been holding out.

Still waiting for oi mania fix .

And maybe the elusive 'thing' after 6 songs!!

#1683 5 years ago

Any tips for drop target coil firing intermittently ?

My Bib just started to do this last night every few minutes at random, ball nowhere near drops.

#1684 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Any tips for drop target coil firing intermittently ?
My Bib just started to do this last night every few minutes at random, ball nowhere near drops.

Re seat the opto plug for the drops in question underneath and give the opto s a quick clean

#1685 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Re seat the opto plug for the drops in question underneath and give the opto s a quick clean

Thanks mate

#1686 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I will try that... I just put the bubble in the middle of the level guage...

How tight is that rubber behind the targets? It may be worth replacing as I've never had this happen once on my machine.

#1687 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

How tight is that rubber behind the targets? It may be worth replacing as I've never had this happen once on my machine.

Perhaps it is not tight enough. It seems pretty tight to me, but I will check that again. I just finished replacing both ramps, all plastics, upgraded LEDs and replaced every piece of rubber that seemed to me to be hard, loose or worn, including the lower playfield The machine came off a route, so it required a LOT of TLC.

#1688 5 years ago

So...sorry if this is a stupid question, but I took most of my ac/DC luci vault apart to change the rubbers and add plastic protectors. When I was putting it back together I didn't know where this grey post and screw went so I just put it by the rock targets. I'm pretty sure that is not the correct place. Anyone have a clue where it actually goes?

20190315_154133 (resized).jpg20190315_154133 (resized).jpg

20190315_104654 (resized).jpg20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
#1689 5 years ago

On my AC/DC Premium machine, there are gray posts like that, under the plastic barriers above the colored plastic pieces on the left side, under the left ramp.

gray posts (resized).jpggray posts (resized).jpg
#1690 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

On my AC/DC Premium machine, there are gray posts like that, under the plastic barriers above the colored plastic pieces on the left side, under the left ramp.

Thanks! I tend to work on my machine late at night, and make a mistake here and there...

#1691 5 years ago

Those 2 barrier plastic pieces on the left are -53 and -55 in case they got lost in the jumble.
They both are mounted on the gray posts...

#1692 5 years ago

Mank,
I wanted to thank you for this info on these 1/2" target splints from Mezelmods.
I installed those and I don't think these targets will misalign for the next 100 years.
Price is right too...

Lower Playfield Target Splints (resized).jpgLower Playfield Target Splints (resized).jpg
#1693 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Mank,
I wanted to thank you for this info on these 1/2" target splints from Mezelmods.
I installed those and I don't think these targets will misalign for the next 100 years.
Price is right too...[quoted image]

Loctite on the screws is the way to fix this, no need for special splints.
Done this on many pins.

#1694 5 years ago

I’ve owned my premium for many years but only just recently got to understand the rules.

I love how the different songs have such different rules.

I’m just playing songs randomly, when I do start to pick songs with a porpoise, is there any sequence to play songs or which songs score better or songs to avoid?

#1695 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I replaced that rubber behind the AC/DC targets again and still got balls stuck behind the lightning bolt target and the "D" target occasionally.
I decided to put some post rubbers on the metal rail behind the rubber and that seems to have solved my problem.

IMG_20190319_101829 (resized).jpgIMG_20190319_101829 (resized).jpg
#1696 5 years ago

That's crazy. I wonder if the rail is a bit to low in the PF and that was the cause then.

#1697 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That's crazy. I wonder if the rail is a bit to low in the PF and that was the cause then.

Perhaps that rail is low. It was this way when I received the machine. It seems pretty rigid. I tried to find the attachments underneath the playfield to take off the metal rail or adjust it and it appears to be attached with blind nuts underneath and I was not able to move those nuts. The post rubbers on that rail seems to have done the trick for me though, so I am good.

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I replaced that rubber behind the AC/DC targets again and still got balls stuck behind the lightning bolt target and the "D" target occasionally.
I decided to put some post rubbers on the metal rail behind the rubber and that seems to have solved my problem.
[quoted image]

I'd try bending the middle of the rail up a bit

#1699 5 years ago

<I love how the different songs have such different rules.

I’m just playing songs randomly, when I do start to pick songs with a porpoise, is there any sequence to play songs or which songs score better or songs to avoid?
>
I try to pick a song depending on which multiball is coming next. Eg H2H with Jam Mb, or tourMB with War machine.

#1700 5 years ago

cpr999 can start new production of concert roof. You can order it.
We need to order min 5 items to start production

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/34?hl=jester523 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.