Topic Stats

• 1,699 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 132 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 355 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190319_101829 (resized).jpg
Lower Playfield Target Splints (resized).jpg
gray posts (resized).jpg
20190315_154133 (resized).jpg
20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
full frontal ACDC (resized).jpg
20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg
62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpeg
228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png
7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg
AC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpg
BFB77DFA-2F49-4D3C-9958-B149841F20A9 (resized).jpeg
A81437DD-C81D-42E6-8ECD-A2D90BF2E6F3 (resized).jpeg
20190205_172644 (resized).jpg
B2D3332D-7D3F-478F-AAD8-BEF7124F66D1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.
#1601 50 days ago

What you should try to do it setup 6x shots in TNT. Hit one of those and it can be worth 7-8mm. That’s nothing to sneeze at when it also adds to the song jackpot. Way easier said than done though.

#1602 50 days ago

I actually do think you can get a 6 song jackpot but it's extremely tough to pull off. I would have to test it but my game is with a friend for at least another month so can't. But, here is how I "think" you could achieve it.

For Album and Tour MB, once you collect the jackpot that is associated with the tour of the song you are playing in it scores you the song jackpot (without erasing it and making you start over like collecting on the bell). I'm thinking that if you have 3X going and you get the doubler lane and the very net switch you register is the shot that collects that specific jackpot it "may" be doubled.

Example: You have "T" and "T" down already in Album MB. The next Jackpot will match your song and tour and score you the song jackpot award. You are craddled on the right flipper and the other ball goes through the left inlane when flashing and you immediately shot the "N" target. It would score your jackpot and double that. Question would be if it also doubled the bonus award for matching your tour & song and thus the song Jackpot.

Wish I could test this but theoretically it would meet the requirements (next major switch hit). The reason the regular song jackpot doesn't work is it scores the right ramp as a major shot before the ball gets to the cannon.

#1603 50 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For Album and Tour MB, once you collect the jackpot that is associated with the tour of the song you are playing in it scores you the song jackpot (without erasing it and making you start over like collecting on the bell).

This may be where my confusion is. I thought this was an extra shot from the cannon? You qualify the song bonus at the cannon, collect it, and you still have your song jackpot to collect later at the cannon.

#1604 50 days ago

It's the same but different. The song bonus' value for collecting the jackpot associated with the tour of your song is the same as your song jackpot. Unlike the song jackpot from the bell, though, it doesn't reset once collected. So a good strategy is to collect the song bonus before the song jackpot if it's starting to get big.

I always call the song bonus the song jackpot thus where some of the confusion may be. I'm thinking the song bonus could be 6X which could get HUGE if possible.

#1605 50 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's the same but different. The song bonus' value for collecting the jackpot associated with the tour of your song is the same as your song jackpot. Unlike the song jackpot from the bell, though, it doesn't reset once collected. So a good strategy is to collect the song bonus before the song jackpot if it's starting to get big.
I always call the song bonus the song jackpot thus where some of the confusion may be. I'm thinking the song bonus could be 6X which could get HUGE if possible.

This is definitely glass off worthy. I’ll try and test this tomorrow to clear things up if someone doesn’t beat me to it. I’d love for this to be possible though. Haha

#1606 50 days ago

4 left.... roof band mod for Premium/LE owners. Lights up band and has AC/DC logo flasher!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod
28A919C8-D379-4D00-BE3B-E3CBBBE6F0DB (resized).jpeg14768EBE-26E8-4F81-9890-4C624DDBDC9A (resized).jpeg

2188FCB3-5ED3-4F4E-9B49-8B14BC3B0E0D (resized).jpeg Added 44 days ago:

3 left.....

Added 31 days ago:

1 left.....

Added 26 days ago:

All sold out, except for 1 factory second! See my ad for $50 (vs the normal $100$.

#1607 50 days ago

Is there an AC/DC Pro club, or do we try to squeeze in with the Prem & LE's?

#1609 50 days ago

6x song bonus collect explained.

Remember, at least in trying to do this with tnt, you cannot use a VIP pass to spot the shot you need. It will spot another shot unfortunately. You need to physically hit the target after the inlane.

#1610 50 days ago

Great video

Nice 141m Song Bonus!

I need to focus more on song bonus as there is a ton of points available.

Setting up a 6x song bonus is going to be super hard!!

#1611 50 days ago

I posted this earlier but apparently I deleted the wrong one - is anyone aware of a shorter path to an extra ball light? I was playing the other night and I got an extra ball on ball 1 and was only at about 15m when it happened. It lit really fast and as far as I could tell I hadn't done 30 combos or whatever is required to get it. Maybe I did and didn't realize it, but it makes more sense that I hit some other way to do it.

#1612 49 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I posted this earlier but apparently I deleted the wrong one - is anyone aware of a shorter path to an extra ball light? I was playing the other night and I got an extra ball on ball 1 and was only at about 15m when it happened. It lit really fast and as far as I could tell I hadn't done 30 combos or whatever is required to get it. Maybe I did and didn't realize it, but it makes more sense that I hit some other way to do it.

I think if you drop all three target banks twice??? you light extra ball, maybe...might be three times

#1613 49 days ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I think if you drop all three target banks twice??? you light extra ball, maybe...might be three times

Yes, drop all target banks twice, or 25 combos.

#1614 49 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

6x song bonus collect explained.
Remember, at least in trying to do this with tnt, you cannot use a VIP pass to spot the shot you need. It will spot another shot unfortunately. You need to physically hit the target after the inlane.

Sweet that it worked. Thanks for testing it. Now, I want to see you do it with the glass on

That would be a cool side tournament. Biggest song bonus collected. I guess it would require an official to watch the game though the whole time so maybe not but would be a cool challenge, if nothing else, with your friends at home.

#1615 49 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sweet that it worked. Thanks for testing it. Now, I want to see you do it with the glass on
That would be a cool side tournament. Biggest song bonus collected. I guess it would require an official to watch the game though the whole time so maybe not but would be a cool challenge, if nothing else, with your friends at home.

Unless I got really lucky, I’d have to only do this with TNT.

Just played like 10 games trying it. Best I could do is 3x for 40-50 million.

Maybe get into TNT and do jam first. Use that to build up value. Then get album lit, build up 3x pf, pray super lanes is lit, then start album and collect. Haha

#1616 49 days ago

You may want to try it with For those about to rock. With that song it's easy to keep your multipliers going since every shot to the right ramp goes into the cannon. It also extends your playfield X time as well since the timer pauses when a ball is in the scoop or cannon. For those about to Rock is the 7th's jackpot for the Song Bonus. Doable in one MB but priming it would make it easier.

For the inlane 2x shot. You'll want to make sure it's on the inserts (thunderstuck targets move what super mode you get) before you collect the last shot to start the super mode.

Some crazy work to get it set-up. Just another reason why the code of this game is so interesting.

Wish I had my game to try some of this

#1617 48 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For Album and Tour MB, once you collect the jackpot that is associated with the tour of the song you are playing in it scores you the song jackpot (without erasing it and making you start over like collecting on the bell). I'm thinking that if you have 3X going and you get the doubler lane and the very net switch you register is the shot that collects that specific jackpot it "may" be doubled.
Example: You have "T" and "T" down already in Album MB. The next Jackpot will match your song and tour and score you the song jackpot award. You are craddled on the right flipper and the other ball goes through the left inlane when flashing and you immediately shot the "N" target. It would score your jackpot and double that.

Yes, this is possible. The game refers to this as the "Song Bonus", not the "Song Jackpot".

You can 6x a Song Bonus but can only 3x a Song Jackpot.

#1618 48 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

For those about to Rock is the 7th's jackpot for the Song Bonus

I don't think I'm ever going to wrap my head around these song bonuses, it's too much math!

Rob

#1619 48 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't think I'm ever going to wrap my head around these song bonuses, it's too much math!
Rob

Just think of it this way. Every jackpot you earn in album or tour Multiball has one or more songs associated with it.

Should you be playing that song when its coresponding jackpot is earned, you immediately earn the current value of your song jackpot as a “bonus”. Best part is it doesn’t reset your song jackpot amount.

Here are the lists of jackpots and the songs that apply to them for album and tour. You can see that tnt is a very good choice to have playing during your first run at album or tour. Or both! Haha. Once again, credit to Bowen’s awesome guide.

1DDA5A56-DE2C-49A8-BB1A-C34402E937B5 (resized).pngB2D3332D-7D3F-478F-AAD8-BEF7124F66D1 (resized).png
#1620 48 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just think of it this way. Every jackpot you earn in album or tour Multiball has one or more songs associated with it.
Should you be playing that song when its coresponding jackpot is earned, you immediately earn the current value of your song jackpot as a “bonus”. Best part is it doesn’t reset your song jackpot amount.
Here are the lists of jackpots and the songs that apply to them for album and tour. You can see that tnt is a very good choice to have playing during your first run at album or tour. Or both! Haha. Once again, credit to Bowen’s awesome guide. [quoted image][quoted image]

I just flail away and shoot lit shots to score points Thanks for the chart.

Rob

#1621 48 days ago

So in Album Multiball, is a jackpot all of the targets in a bank to get the jackpot? then when you hit 15 full banks, you score an album cover basically? I'm not understanding why TNT would be a good song to be playing during Album Multiball vs. any other song associated with any of the albums...?? I agree with Rob, I just keep shooting arrows and blinking lights at this point... wayyyyyy too many rules in this game to make it understandable....

#1622 48 days ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

So in Album Multiball, is a jackpot all of the targets in a bank to get the jackpot? then when you hit 15 full banks, you score an album cover basically?

Any bank completed is one jackpot. So start album, hit the three tnt targets and that awards you one jackpot. If you look at the chart, the first jackpot is linked to the tnt song.

So, if you’re playing tnt when you collect the first jackpot in album, you’ll get the song bonus which is the current value of your song jackpot.

#1623 48 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any bank completed is one jackpot. So start album, hit the three tnt targets and that awards you one jackpot. If you look at the chart, the first jackpot is linked to the tnt song.
So, if you’re playing tnt when you collect the first jackpot in album, you’ll get the song bonus which is the current value of your song jackpot.

This code is complex and somewhat convoluted. And it absolutely rocks too.

#1624 47 days ago

Another bonus of TNT. After you drop the 3 targets the center target lights as a hurry up, starting at 750k. If you lock that score in then all your shots will be 750K, plus residuals (other jackpots if playing tour or jam). The 750 is much greater than the early values of jackpots as well. Because of this, if I have at least 2X going on and get to a MB and I'm playing TNT I will use a VIP pass to lock in the hurry-up value at max.

#1625 47 days ago

What's the best color red to powder coat an AC/DC Pro?

#1626 47 days ago

Alright, I changed some things up with my rubbers, we will see how long these last and if it effects game play. I also need to order some 1" black rings for the left side of the targets and pop bumper post.
What a PIA getting these on, dam near need to take half the machine apart!
Brian

20190205_172644 (resized).jpg
#1627 46 days ago
Quoted from bpull:

Alright, I changed some things up with my rubbers, we will see how long these last and if it effects game play. I also need to order some 1" black rings for the left side of the targets and pop bumper post.
What a PIA getting these on, dam near need to take half the machine apart!
Brian
[quoted image]

From having MET and how often those post rubbers by sparky get replaced, these will shred up quick too. I would put two post rings on each stacked up. That may help.

#1628 46 days ago

Agree with Chuck. I saw a mod someone did to a Star Trek they were routing to where they took a cliffy post rubber and cut them in half and put it under the rubber. That seemed to work really well for them. I may try that as well next time I replace them. I can say though that that set-up has lasted a lot longer than the other, at least for me.

#1629 46 days ago

Does the Luci Premium have the same plastic set as the "standard" premium model?

#1630 46 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Agree with Chuck. I saw a mod someone did to a Star Trek they were routing to where they took a cliffy post rubber and cut them in half and put it under the rubber. That seemed to work really well for them. I may try that as well next time I replace them. I can say though that that set-up has lasted a lot longer than the other, at least for me.

Tried this move on MET and caused lots of airballs. Might be a better trick for ACDC though.

#1631 46 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Does the Luci Premium have the same plastic set as the "standard" premium model?

Yes. Only difference is the lower playfield art and cabinet art.

#1632 45 days ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Yes. Only difference is the lower playfield art and cabinet art.

Thank you

#1633 43 days ago

#1634 43 days ago

Looking for a Helen translite. If anyone has a spare, please PM me.

#1635 42 days ago

Just picked up a premium and changed the translight to the demon bell if anyone is looking for a premium translight pm me with an offer.

A81437DD-C81D-42E6-8ECD-A2D90BF2E6F3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1636 34 days ago

Was there a flyer made for the premium machine?

#1637 34 days ago
Quoted from MrNanaba:

Was there a flyer made for the premium machine?

Just the combo one that included the LE machines.

#1638 34 days ago

Excited to finally be in the club! This game can be a drain monster!

BFB77DFA-2F49-4D3C-9958-B149841F20A9 (resized).jpeg
#1639 34 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

The first day I had it, I posted it for sale. Then I realized it's brilliant. It's not "easy" pinball like Iron Maiden. Shots can be punishing here. It's now my favorite game.

#1640 33 days ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Just the combo one that included the LE machines.

Ok. I’ve found those but only seem to find pdf’s - any official printed ones available?

#1641 33 days ago
Quoted from adamross:

[quoted image]

ACDC is the only game where I put the outlane posts to the bottom position because of the drains.

Rob

#1642 33 days ago

All my machines are Drain Monsters

#1643 30 days ago

Just opened my ACDC Luci vault and I’m getting a tonne of airballs off the TNT drop targets
Also the plastic cover for the mini playfield sits about a couple of millimeters lower than the main playfield and is covered in fine tiny scratches
Are these things normal?
It’s had less than 20 plays
Finally, just trying to grasp the rule set as the general consensus is that this game is amazing
So far I seem to be getting just a bunch of MB’s and really not too sure what the games primary objective is
Would love it if someone could give me a basic overview of how to properly play ACDC
With thanks

#1644 30 days ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just opened my ACDC Luci vault and I’m getting a tonne of airballs off the TNT drop targets
Also the plastic cover for the mini playfield sits about a couple of millimeters lower than the main playfield and is covered in fine tiny scratches
Are these things normal?
Finally, just trying to grasp the rule set as the general consensus is that this game is amazing
So far I seem to be getting just a bunch of MB’s and really not too sure what the games primary objective is
Would love it if someone could give me a basic overview of how to properly play ACDC
With thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-acdc-rule-sheet

#1645 30 days ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Are these things normal?
With thanks

Air balls off TNT targets is pretty normal. Air balls off any direct target that is straight in front of you is normal.

Insert - scratches are normal and should buff out with novus. The leveling isn't "normal" but is common. you should be able to adjust the height by how tight the screws are installed. So, it should be adjustable. This was one of the "benefits" of the removable inserts. Prior it was flush mounted and cleared over.

AC/DC really isn't a mode game. It's objective is to build song jackpots and score big points. You can try for Encore but that is a bit of a journey (play all the songs).

#1646 30 days ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Air balls off TNT targets is pretty normal. Air balls off any direct target that is straight in front of you is normal.
Insert - scratches are normal and should buff out with novus. The leveling isn't "normal" but is common. you should be able to adjust the height by how tight the screws are installed. So, it should be adjustable. This was one of the "benefits" of the removable inserts. Prior it was flush mounted and cleared over.
AC/DC really isn't a mode game. It's objective is to build song jackpots and score big points. You can try for Encore but that is a bit of a journey (play all the songs).

Thanks for all the info

#1648 29 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is This code very different to the latest code?

I haven't tracked the updates since this was done.

#1649 29 days ago
Quoted from Toads:

Is This code very different to the latest code?

Hells bells doesn’t award bell hits with the VIP pass and scoring balances were made with that and other modes. Also added the stuff awards from collecting horns. Some of the awards aren’t complete like the Oi mania.

#1650 27 days ago

Hoping the Oi mania fix comes soon!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Washington Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.95
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside