20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 67.
#1551 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just collected a 50 million song jackpot while trapped up with both flippers and firing the cannon with my chin. Haha

Now that's giving it 110%. Hookup the Cannon button up to a foot pedal. Then you can keep your spine aligned and a eye on playfield.

#1552 5 years ago

Wonder when we get the oi mania fix?

This might be the first ever game in 14 years of ownership that I give up and move the inlanes in!

#1553 5 years ago

Only 5 left.

Made a small run of 10.
Get one before they are gone. Last run was a year ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

D6BA1C43-6F61-4C38-B1D0-434714AF13A9 (resized).pngD6BA1C43-6F61-4C38-B1D0-434714AF13A9 (resized).pngF3A8C1F9-14C6-4748-B523-9787FBF0C786 (resized).pngF3A8C1F9-14C6-4748-B523-9787FBF0C786 (resized).png
#1554 5 years ago

I’m needing to replace my flipper rubbers... where is a good place to buy them?... Is One brand better than the other? Thank You for the advice.

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I’m needing to replace my flipper rubbers... where is a good place to buy them?... Is One brand better than the other? Thank You for the advice.

I like Titan Pinball silicon rings....have put on a handful of my games.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#1556 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Pinball life

I'm not a fan of titan or super bands on the flippers. They change the way the ball feels and behaves on them. If that will bother you get standard rubber. If that doesn't bother you, you have a need for them to lost longer (on route) or want to use different colors they are a good choice. They do play different though.

#1557 5 years ago

Hi guys, I tried searching through this thread for my answer but gave up, so I'll just ask it. Do any of you seem to break the rubbers behind the TNT targets a lot? I've replaced these things 3 times, which is 3 times more then any of the other rubbers. Any better solutions to this problem, like post sleeves?

Thanks in advance!
Brian

20190128_204552 (resized).jpg20190128_204552 (resized).jpg

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Hi guys, I tried searching through this thread for my answer but gave up, so I'll just ask it. Do any of you seem to break the rubbers behind the TNT targets a lot? I've replaced these things 3 times, which is 3 times more then any of the other rubbers. Any better solutions to this problem, like post sleeves?
Thanks in advance!
Brian
[quoted image]

Maybe put superbands there. They are indestructible for the most part. But some games just need to have certain high traffic rubbers replaced a lot.

#1559 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks in advance!
Brian
[quoted image]

Never replaced mine

#1560 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks in advance!
Brian

I've been through 3 sets in 9 months of ownership. The ball beats the heck out of those rubbers when the drops are down. I just keep putting fresh black rings on, but they're a pain to get too as you have to do some disassembly of the TNT detonator and plastics around it. It's hard enough to stretch the black rubbers over the post arrangements, so it seems like it would be really tough to almost impossible to stretch equivalent sized Superband rings, if the Superband rings have the same toughness of install that their flipper rings have.

#1561 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pinball life
I'm not a fan of titan or super bands on the flippers. They change the way the ball feels and behaves on them. If that will bother you get standard rubber. If that doesn't bother you, you have a need for them to lost longer (on route) or want to use different colors they are a good choice. They do play different though.

What are standard rubbers?.... is that what Stern uses on their machines? The ones I’m needing to replace are on my AC/DC. For some reason the flipper rubbers are taking a beating and already have bad spots on both flippers. We bought our Metallica Pro 2 years before AC/DC and those flipper rubbers aren’t showing any wear at all. Is there different rubbers they use for Pro and Premium?

#1562 5 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks in advance!
Brian
[quoted image]

I've gone through a ton of them there as well. I finally came up with a solution that has helped. The right post I replaced the rubbers their with 7/16OD rubbers (same as what your inlines have) as well as the first post on the left. The far post rubber connect to another post to create a lane guide so I didn't do that with those two and just used a smaller rubber to connect them. I don't recall the size. I'd take a picture but my game is on loan with a friend but hopefully that helps if you want to try something different.

#1563 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

What are standard rubbers?.... is that what Stern uses on their machines? The ones I’m needing to replace are on my AC/DC. For some reason the flipper rubbers are taking a beating and already have bad spots on both flippers. We bought our Metallica Pro 2 years before AC/DC and those flipper rubbers aren’t showing any wear at all. Is there different rubbers they use for Pro and Premium?

Super bands are a made of a different material and are not what come on the machines. The rubbers are the same for both prem and pro games. Not sure what you mean by bad spots but if you are talking about then coming apart it could just be a bad set or other factors (speed of the game is one example). Factory replacement is rubber. Titan's and Superbands are different material but they do generally last longer. If you don't want standard I'd suggest Titans first as they play more closely to standard rubber. Flipper rubber comes down to personal preference. I personally have no issues with replacing mine more often and using the normal stuff. It's cheap and easy.

#1564 5 years ago

If those are Pinball Life white rubbers, might be the reason. These are of lesser durability and quality than other brands. Also, white in general is less durable than black.

For flippers, always standard rubber for me, no super bands. Titan is ok, but still not like good old standard rubber. And if I'm being picky, always red flipper rubber, allows me to see dirt buildup and bouncier than black. Plus, I like how it looks with most games.

#1565 5 years ago

Ditto same here been trough lots there i would say at least 5. Never tried superbands there yet but have used reguler and Titan rubbers.

#1566 5 years ago

Aren't the factory rubbers all black? (besides flippers). I think mine have only been changed once, if ever.

#1567 5 years ago

Added a custom translite and its pretty cool!

IMG_2190 (resized).jpgIMG_2190 (resized).jpgIMG_2191 (resized).jpgIMG_2191 (resized).jpg
#1568 5 years ago

I have Superbands. Me too.

It figures. Because it's TNT and everything. Needs FlexSeal!

637C941E-BFEF-4CE9-9E63-016D2DE1C398 (resized).jpeg637C941E-BFEF-4CE9-9E63-016D2DE1C398 (resized).jpeg

#1569 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Do you have the manual?
All the info you need is in the manual.

#1570 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

[quoted image]

Yeah. Appears some areas just wear like crazy. Maybe double up the rings?

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Do you have the manual?
All the info you need is in the manual.

I do have the manual..... I was just curious as to what is a good flipper rubbers or bands to go with. I have never changed them.. The game is just over a year old.

#1572 5 years ago
A518AB9A-FABC-4433-9721-7AA085AD4125 (resized).jpegA518AB9A-FABC-4433-9721-7AA085AD4125 (resized).jpegD7F49C10-763A-41FA-B467-43E1760E181E (resized).jpegD7F49C10-763A-41FA-B467-43E1760E181E (resized).jpegF65B236B-F9BF-4D75-834F-49B55E8A7CBE (resized).jpegF65B236B-F9BF-4D75-834F-49B55E8A7CBE (resized).jpeg
#1573 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Super bands are a made of a different material and are not what come on the machines. The rubbers are the same for both prem and pro games. Not sure what you mean by bad spots but if you are talking about then coming apart it could just be a bad set or other factors (speed of the game is one example). Factory replacement is rubber. Titan's and Superbands are different material but they do generally last longer. If you don't want standard I'd suggest Titans first as they play more closely to standard rubber. Flipper rubber comes down to personal preference. I personally have no issues with replacing mine more often and using the normal stuff. It's cheap and easy.

I posted some pics as to what mine look like..... Where would you buy the regular rubbers?

#1574 5 years ago

You can take those flipper rubbers off, rotate them, and put them back on so that worn area at the tip is near the flipper shaft where it won't touch the ball to get 2x the life out of them.

#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

You can take those flipper rubbers off, rotate them, and put them back on so that worn area at the tip is near the flipper shaft where it won't touch the ball to get 2x the life out of them.

I never thought of that... Thank You!

#1576 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I posted some pics as to what mine look like..... Where would you buy the regular rubbers?

https://www.pinballlife.com/red-flipper-rubber.html

Those aren't to bad at all. Do as suggested above and order some new ones for when you need them.

And only because everyone loves Amazon.... Quite a bit more but the same stuff. Pinball Lifes shipping is expensive for small things like this but take this time to buy some other replacement parts. Always good to have some spare parts so you aren't down if something breaks. Sleeves, assortment of rubbers and a couple coil stops are my minimum parts bend requirements. Just keep them in the coin box if you don't already have a box for stuff like that.
https://www.amazon.com/Game-Room-Guys-Pinball-Flipper/dp/B00D37GXX0/ref=sr_1_1

#1577 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the feedback on my question. Unfortunately, I'm not the only one with this issue. I will try some of your suggestions and a few ideas of my own.
Happy pinballing!
Brian

#1578 5 years ago

Starting to side with others in that the quest for encore really needs to be done with all Multiballs. Just got through 7 songs and only played the song if I was in multiball.

So ramps all day and drops when I missed.

Orbits come from starting new songs and other missed shots.

Even if you’re on a jam MB that takes 12 shots to light, safer than trying to pick off mode shots in single ball play.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Even if you’re on a jam MB that takes 12 shots to light, safer than trying to pick off mode shots in single ball play.

I've completed 9 songs on three different occasions.....all of those games I had Jam MB at least 5 times. When your able to get in a groove of hitting the ramps over and over, it doesn't take long to get back into Jam.

#1580 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I've completed 9 songs on three different occasions.....all of those games I had Jam MB at least 5 times. When your able to get in a groove of hitting the ramps over and over, it doesn't take long to get back into Jam.

I can loop the left ramp over and over from the left flipper, which is helpful to getting Jam started back up. I need to remember to use that tactic to try to get Jam (at a minimum) going during every song.

#1581 5 years ago

[quoted image]

So it looks like 3 and 5 are the replacements? I think they're Titans, actually. Any idea what's most durable for this area?
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 6.53.16 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 6.53.16 AM (resized).png

#1582 5 years ago

I replaced # 5 with i think a 1 and a quarter inch ring, not as tight so has lasted alot longer than the original 1 inch the manual says to use.

#1583 5 years ago

My premium has been going strong with Titans for like 2 years. I finally replaced the clear slings with black recently because I was sick of them getting dirty.

I'm trying my first set of polyurethane rings on my iron Maiden. They seem pretty cool and durable.

Sure the games play a bit different without regular rubber but all games play different anyway right? I like that I don't get the residue that rubber leaves when it breaks down.

#1584 5 years ago

This game is so good. Met some friends at the barcade last night. We were just trying to take over the song high scores.

Found myself in a very long ball playing hells bells. Had the base song JP up to 90mm and refused to collect until I had 3x scoring. I kept getting the cannon ready without the multipliers and vice versa. Couldn’t get them both lined up.

Ended up draining without collecting any of it.

Sucked, but just made me want to hit start again right away. Haha

#1585 5 years ago

Any hints for setting up a 6x song jackpot?

I have never managed one.

#1586 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This game is so good. Met some friends at the barcade last night. We were just trying to take over the song high scores.
Found myself in a very long ball playing hells bells. Had the base song JP up to 90mm and refused to collect until I had 3x scoring. I kept getting the cannon ready without the multipliers and vice versa. Couldn’t get them both lined up.
Ended up draining without collecting any of it.
Sucked, but just made me want to hit start again right away. Haha

I'm addicted to it. How does 2x and 3x get lit. Only got 3x scoring once and have no idea. Just bell all day?

#1587 5 years ago

I'm addicted to it. How does 2x and 3x get lit. Only got 3x scoring once and have no idea. Just bell all day?

Yep. Three hits to bell starts 2x. While 2x is running, if you hit it three more times, that starts 3x.

Each hit to the bell after that restarts the 3x timer.

6x is not possible. They don’t multiply with each other, they are just levels. Think GOT.

#1588 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Three hits to bell starts 2x. While 2x is running, if you hit it three more times, that starts 3x.
Each hit to the bell after that restarts the 3x timer.
6x is not possible. They don’t multiply with each other, they are just levels. Think GOT.

I think 6x is possible.

3x playfield combined with a 2x Super Lanes shot, during Tour and Album.

Not many people seem to know this and I have never done it or don't know how to set it up.

Anyone?

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yes. But this does not apply to the song jackpot shot.

From Bowen’s sheet:

Super Lanes should be cashed in immediately unless something huge is lined up, since it impedes progress toward FIRE. You cannot double a Song Jackpot or any Cannon shot using Super Lanes, but you can double a Song Bonus during Album or Tour Multiball. A Super Lanes inlane can also be an excellent time to use a VIP Pass, especially during _____ (spoiler).

SuperLanes:“Inlane=timed2xshot.Outlane=double/triple bonus.” After completing FIRE, one controlled lane among FIRE will flash. Go through a flashing inlane, and the next shot is doubled. Go through a flashing outlane, and bonus will be doubled (or tripled, if it was already doubled).

#1590 5 years ago

Just opened my AC/DC Luci vault, started up underworld mini play field mode, only to find no ball was installed
Is this how the game is supposed to be shipped to customers?
Fortunately in my limited tool box selection, I found the correct security screw bit and removed the plastic off the mini play field, dropped a new ball in and game is fine now

#1591 5 years ago

Finally made it to Encore today! Difficult to progress through it so I didn’t score many points...was a rush the last couple songs to make it. Must have done Jam MB 7-8 times.

17BB6FDB-B107-4274-A6D2-E1898EC5A047 (resized).jpeg17BB6FDB-B107-4274-A6D2-E1898EC5A047 (resized).jpeg93B54B07-6FDD-4F3E-BB41-AC35EC181263 (resized).jpeg93B54B07-6FDD-4F3E-BB41-AC35EC181263 (resized).jpeg

#1592 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. But this does not apply to the song jackpot shot.
From Bowen’s sheet:
Super Lanes should be cashed in immediately unless something huge is lined up, since it impedes progress toward FIRE. You cannot double a Song Jackpot or any Cannon shot using Super Lanes, but you can double a Song Bonus during Album or Tour Multiball. A Super Lanes inlane can also be an excellent time to use a VIP Pass, especially during ____ (spoiler).
SuperLanes:“Inlane=timed2xshot.Outlane=double/triple bonus.” After completing FIRE, one controlled lane among FIRE will flash. Go through a flashing inlane, and the next shot is doubled. Go through a flashing outlane, and bonus will be doubled (or tripled, if it was already doubled).

I wasn't sure, especially as here it says you can get 6x song jackpot.

I guess they were confused with the difference between song jackpot and song bonus?

So, you can get 6x song bonus?

Wonder how big that is potentially?

https://pintips.net/games/64

#1593 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Just opened my AC/DC Luci vault, started up underworld mini play field mode, only to find no ball was installed
Fortunately in my limited tool box selection, I found the correct security screw bit and removed the plastic off the mini play field, dropped a new ball in and game is fine now

instructions taped to the game under the glass. The game has an extra ball for the mini playfield. You install from the bottom, not the top.

#1594 5 years ago

I wasn't sure, especially as here it says you can get 6x song jackpot.
I guess they were confused with the difference between song jackpot and song bonus?
So, you can get 6x song bonus?
Wonder how big that is potentially?
https://pintips.net/games/64

You cannot double a Song Jackpot or any Cannon shot using Super Lanes.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Finally made it to Encore today! Difficult to progress through it so I didn’t score many points...was a rush the last couple songs to make it. Must have done Jam MB 7-8 times.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!!

#1595 5 years ago

Oh man, no instructions for that came with my game
I just assumed it had to be fitted from the top, never considered the ball being fitted from underneath the play field
Thanks for the reply though cheers

#1596 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Oh man, no instructions for that came with my game
I just assumed it had to be fitted from the top, never considered the ball being fitted from underneath the play field
Thanks for the reply though cheers

Well originally it could only be fitted from the bottom as the screwed plexiglass wasn't on the originals only on the VE.
It is all written on the instructions.
New pins don't ship with pinballs installed as they could bash around in transport and break things.

#1597 5 years ago

Continuing to absolutely love this game. We have had 1.2m of rain (47 inches for those not on metric) in the last 5 days, so cant go anywhere as roads are cut, as a consequence, have been playing lots and focussing on trying to get to encore. Agree that stacking songs with MB is almost the only way to achieve this. Am getting reasonable at the left loop shot, followed by a catch with the right flipper then repeat to get tour MB. I can also comfortably backhand the right ramp and catch to get Jam MB.

Twice i've completed 11 songs in the last few days, so i know its in reach! I guess my only issue, is we have the Australian Championships coming up, and there are 2 ACDC machines in it - given i've been fixated on getting to Encore, i don't really have a good strategy for getting max points yet. Anyone got tips - i must admit For Those About To Rock stacked with any MB seems pretty good, however it does carry some risk.

#1598 5 years ago

double post

#1599 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Yes for shipping/moving. The older machines you actually put it in thru the bottom.

#1600 5 years ago

I think 6x is possible.
Not many people seem to know this and I have never done it or don't know how to set it up.
Anyone?

From what I've read and experienced they do not stack. You hit the bell so many times to get 2x, then so many more times (while 2x is still lit) to get 3x, and then you keep hitting the bell to keep 3x lit.

What you CAN get is 3x and super (double?) loops/lanes/targets which is essentially 6x.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/32?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.