20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.
#1501 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

The LED's behind the lightning bolts on the left ramp keep flying out on me, and one broke in half.
Is this a common thing? I found the part numbers in the manual but thought to order my replacements from Comet based on advice in other threads. Is there a way to know exactly what bulb to order? The Stern part number didn't return results at Comet and none of the flashers look exactly the same.

It’s a 906 flasher. Once Wrap of electrical tape around the base of the bulb will hold it in tight, make sure you lift the metal leads on the bulb first.

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a 906 flasher. Once Wrap of electrical tape around the base of the bulb will hold it in tight, make sure you lift the metal leads on the bulb first.

Thank you very much!

#1503 5 years ago

In case someone is looking to join the club, I just posted a nice ACDC Premium in the market place with some nice mods and a color dmd.

#1504 5 years ago

Anyone had success with adjusting the center drop to stop bricking so much? For now I just try and glance off the side of it when shooting the cannon, but sucks when you nail it and it bricks.

My first thought is to try and loosen the spring a bit. Anyone else have this issue and have success making it more consistent?

#1505 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone had success with adjusting the center drop to stop bricking so much?

Back on post #1475 I made a rather long winded (sorry, lol) explanation on how I improved the performance of all the drops on my Luci VE.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Back on post #1475 I made a rather long winded (sorry, lol) explanation on how I improved the performance of all the drops on my Luci VE.

Word. I’m gonna mess with the spring a bit. The other ones on mine are fine, it just the middle one on a perfect shot from the cannon. Sucks when I have a 200mm song JP ready to collect. Haha

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Word. I’m gonna mess with the spring a bit. The other ones on mine are fine, it just the middle one on a perfect shot from the cannon. Sucks when I have a 200mm song JP ready to collect. Haha

Yes, that is horrible! Insta-rage when you nail it perfectly square with a huge song jackpot and it just stands there, LOL.

#1508 5 years ago

Any nice Luci apron card scans out there. Ones with rules on them

#1509 5 years ago

Any one selling a hooked red powdercoated apron?

#1510 5 years ago

Can anyone suggest why it's worth picking Highway to Hell or Hell ain't a bad place to be?

I never ever pick them.

Just seems like you get stuck on lower p/f with very little reward/low scoring?

Wish there was more reward when playing lower playfield.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Can anyone suggest why it's worth picking Highway to Hell or Hell ain't a bad place to be?
I never ever pick them.
Just seems like you get stuck on lower p/f with very little reward/low scoring?
Wish there was more reward when playing lower playfield.

It’s an easy way to boost your current song JP by 2-3 million usually. No risk of draining.

#1512 5 years ago

I get 7-9million for each lower pf game. I've never understood the hate of the lpf on this game. The rules for it aren't hard and getting those consecutive loops are not too easy.

#1513 5 years ago

Need couple more people to make this next run -chrome mirror AC/DC LED Roof Band Mod. See link for more pictures and feedback.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod#post-4790709
16652826-D5EA-4C7E-B47E-96DF1D57F68A (resized).png16652826-D5EA-4C7E-B47E-96DF1D57F68A (resized).png2ABD1932-957E-4A3F-8E49-7542D12009F6 (resized).png2ABD1932-957E-4A3F-8E49-7542D12009F6 (resized).pngDFE48040-3D76-4418-A751-79D51FD5185F (resized).pngDFE48040-3D76-4418-A751-79D51FD5185F (resized).png

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Need couple more people to make this next run -chrome mirror AC/DC LED Roof Band Mod. See link for more pictures and feedback.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod#post-4790709
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Must have!!!

#1515 5 years ago

Started ordering parts.
I haven’t made these in a year.

Low run quantity of 10. Few are sold.
Claim yours now or wait another year - or never again. See link above for pics .

Thx

#1516 5 years ago

anybody have experience with changing out some lighting? I have some lights that are blinding that I would like to change and am looking for some recommendations. Underneath both ramps are clear white bulbs that are blinding. thinking of swapping them out for some frosted, possibly color bulbs. Actually, there are several around the playfield I would like to change out. Would it hurt to go with color frosted bulbs?.. Will it affect the lighting too much? ... I do have Pinstadiums installed if that helps... Thank You for you thoughts and comments. Brock

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

anybody have experience with changing out some lighting? I have some lights that are blinding that I would like to change and am looking for some recommendations. Underneath both ramps are clear white bulbs that are blinding. thinking of swapping them out for some frosted, possibly color bulbs. Actually, there are several around the playfield I would like to change out. Would it hurt to go with color frosted bulbs?.. Will it affect the lighting too much? ... I do have Pinstadiums installed if that helps... Thank You for you thoughts and comments. Brock

Nope. Have at it. I would probably keep the same color though. Just get frosted bulbs. The two smd bulbs from comet are exact replacements.

#1518 5 years ago

Don't change colors if you have a prem/LE, just swap to frosted. AC/DC's GI is colored via the code in the game so if you change colors you will change some of the effects.

#1519 5 years ago

Just unboxed mine yesterday, was impressed with how well it was protected when I opened it up. Got it upright and saw this when I folded the head up. First time I have seen a snapped rubber in a NIB game. No biggie, just thought it was odd.

56969670669__C3273347-6377-4BB7-81CC-7648FCD865B0 (resized).JPG56969670669__C3273347-6377-4BB7-81CC-7648FCD865B0 (resized).JPG
#1520 5 years ago

That's a bummer mainly because of it's location. Takes a fair bit to get to that rubber as the ramp needs to come off.

I've bought new ones that snapped at install as they were accidentally cut at some point. Guessing that is what happened.

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Don't change colors if you have a prem/LE, just swap to frosted. AC/DC's GI is colored via the code in the game so if you change colors you will change some of the effects.

I didn’t think of that.. So do I need to use a certain bulb if these change colors?

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

I didn’t think of that.. So do I need to use a certain bulb if these change colors?

These don’t change colors but stern put colors in specific spots so their light shows work as intended. If you change all those colors it might look bad since those aren’t the colors stern designed to be in there.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

These don’t change colors but stern put colors in specific spots so their light shows work as intended. If you change all those colors it might look bad since those aren’t the colors stern designed to be in there.

Can someone post a pic of the playfield with all GI lights lit? Some of mine were changed out.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can someone post a pic of the playfield with all GI lights lit? Some of mine were changed out.

The manual also has the colored locations.

#1525 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The manual also has the colored locations.

Thanks!

#1526 5 years ago

Seeking advice for anyone with a Vault premium..I am trying to remove the lower PF, but a few of the screws holding it down are gored out and won't accept a metric or standard hex screwdriver. Any advice on how to get them out?

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Seeking advice for anyone with a Vault premium..I am trying to remove the lower PF, but a few of the screws holding it down are gored out and won't accept a metric or standard hex screwdriver. Any advice on how to get them out?

I believe the screws are torx bit. See my picture above, one of the screws is in the picture.

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:Seeking advice for anyone with a Vault premium..I am trying to remove the lower PF, but a few of the screws holding it down are gored out and won't accept a metric or standard hex screwdriver. Any advice on how to get them out?

What I did, since those screws are smaller than a gnats nut, is get a magnifying glass so I could see what it actually is. Mine is a Vault also

#1529 5 years ago

What’s everyone’s best song total? I can’t seem to get past 6 even if I’m trying to complete them as efficiently as possible. Encore still a long way off for me I’m afraid.

#1530 5 years ago

I got 11 out of 12 songs once... only once. I'm lucky if I get 6 most games. It's pretty brutal.

#1531 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I got 11 out of 12 songs once... only once. I'm lucky if I get 6 most games. It's pretty brutal.

Man I bet your heart was racing that game! EBs are too hard to come by on this so if I do it it will be from a 4 ball game max.

#1532 5 years ago

4 is my top, normally I am just trying to get multiballs. Otherwise I can't keep a ball from draining for more than 20-30 seconds.

#1533 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man I bet your heart was racing that game! EBs are too hard to come by on this so if I do it it will be from a 4 ball game max.

Yeah, I was just having a great game, and I got to 10 songs and was like "Holy shite... I got a chance at Encore". Then the nerves hit, lol. I got to song 11 and my shot making ability went into the crapper. That was my one best game in about 1,200 I've played on my AC/DC Luvi VE. I don't know if the stars will ever align and allow me to get to Encore.

#1534 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s everyone’s best song total? I can’t seem to get past 6 even if I’m trying to complete them as efficiently as possible. Encore still a long way off for me I’m afraid.

Maybe 8 or 9 total is my best. I lowered the outlane posts to the bottom on my game because it was an absolute drain monster before that. Extra balls are also more difficult to earn on ACDC and you are lucky to get one - two is rare.

I have tried lowering note requirements for relighting the jukebox to 7 and it helps a little. Yeah, encore is a long way off for me too.

Rob

#1535 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

encore baby! Knowing how much you enjoy GOT and Iron Throne, I can't wait to see what you think about Encore. I wont spoil anything for you but I think you will get addicted to it

For me I have to make the decision before I start. Score or Encore. If going for encore I will complete the easy songs outside of MB but for all the target based songs and the cannon song I don't even think of attempting unless I'm in MB. Get good at backhanding the left ramp on the fly and it will come sooner rather than later for you knowing your skill level.

#1536 5 years ago

One thing I've noticed in watching videos of people play this game for score is the constant ball cradling for multiple seconds for every shot. Such a boring way to play...probably why I don't do that great.

#1537 5 years ago

What do people think is the best video tutorial?
I finally got mine tweaked just right, and now I need to learn all the rules.
Rob

#1538 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

encore baby! Knowing how much you enjoy GOT and Iron Throne, I can't wait to see what you think about Encore. I wont spoil anything for you but I think you will get addicted to it
For me I have to make the decision before I start. Score or Encore. If going for encore I will complete the easy songs outside of MB but for all the target based songs and the cannon song I don't even think of attempting unless I'm in MB. Get good at backhanding the left ramp on the fly and it will come sooner rather than later for you knowing your skill level.

I’ll need to become more clear on how many shots are needed to complete a mode. Seems like some need less than others.

Is it only based on the music notes you make once you light them?

So single ball modes would be:
Rosie
Hell ain’t a bad place to be
Hells bells
War machine
Rock and roll train

Rest use MB to complete? So you’d have to have 7-8 MBs to complete the rest. That doesn’t seem too daunting. Just tough to put that all together on a 3-4 ball game. I’ll get it. Definitely the hardest wizard mode to get to of any game I’ve owned.

#1539 5 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

What do people think is the best video tutorial?
I finally got mine tweaked just right, and now I need to learn all the rules.
Rob

Just wait for Chuck to figure it out and watch what he will inevitably make

#1540 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll need to become more clear on how many shots are needed to complete a mode. Seems like some need less than others.
Is it only based on the music notes you make once you light them?
So single ball modes would be:
Rosie
Hell ain’t a bad place to be
Hells bells
War machine
Rock and roll train
Rest use MB to complete? So you’d have to have 7-8 MBs to complete the rest. That doesn’t seem too daunting. Just tough to put that all together on a 3-4 ball game. I’ll get it. Definitely the hardest wizard mode to get to of any game I’ve owned.

Couple of things - for encore.

Prime, prime, prime your MB's and never start 2 at one time. You see all drops down but one, take the shot to get album closer. Shoot some loops to get tour ready, etc. When going for encore, I focus this on ball one as if I drain fast then I just switch from an encore attempt to a score game Now when you need to start a risky song then you can shoot that last shot to get your MB ready and be safe. I try to do as many modes as possible in MB for obvious reasons.

Modes are all the same. You are just making the shot to light that specific song.
- Rosie is always the top 3 inlanes
- Shook me is always pops
- TNT is always the 3 targets
- Etc

The songs/modes don't change on what you need to collect to change your song but I prefer the songs that will require the drops or cannon in MB but you can still avoid them as you just need to collect 8 other songs to light the jukebox. You could very realistically just only ever shoot
- left ramp
- right ramp
- left orbit
- right orbit (shooting orbits will naturally get you Rosie and Shook)
- bell

With this you only need one "riskier"shot to light the jukebox. I generally go for TNT.

Hope this helps. I know Bowen has a rules write-up somewhere that may help but I just don't know where it's linked anymore.
-

#1541 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Hope this helps. I know Bowen has a rules write-up somewhere that may help but I just don't know where it's linked anymore.

I have this saved. I’ll be sure to reference this as well.

#1542 5 years ago

I know there are a ton of cannon issue threads, but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. The cannon is firing prematurely. when I put it in test mode, switch 62 triggers, and the cannon stops at the midpoint. when I have it continue, 62 flickers.

My guess is the flicker is being seen as the cannon going the full way and swinging back.

where should i start troubleshooing this? I was looking to see if light could be coming from somewhere, but didnt see anything. I'll check the outlane lights tonight. do I just need to change the opto?

#1543 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I know there are a ton of cannon issue threads, but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. The cannon is firing prematurely. when I put it in test mode, switch 62 triggers, and the cannon stops at the midpoint. when I have it continue, 62 flickers.
My guess is the flicker is being seen as the cannon going the full way and swinging back.
where should i start troubleshooing this? I was looking to see if light could be coming from somewhere, but didnt see anything. I'll check the outlane lights tonight. do I just need to change the opto?

Mine was firing prematurely as well when I first got it. I had seen a thread about a light underneath the playfield at the cannon that somehow was affecting its operation.... just moved the light and problem went away. Any problems, let me know and I can take a picture of it

#1544 5 years ago

The AC/DC rule sheet is online at http://bit.ly/acdcrulesheet.

It's not updated for some of the most recent code changes and additions, unfortunately. But almost all the information is correct and complete, and it's an open document for those who would like to make (useful) changes.

#1545 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Couple of things - for encore.
Prime, prime, prime your MB's and never start 2 at one time. You see all drops down but one, take the shot to get album closer. Shoot some loops to get tour ready, etc. When going for encore, I focus this on ball one as if I drain fast then I just switch from an encore attempt to a score game Now when you need to start a risky song then you can shoot that last shot to get your MB ready and be safe. I try to do as many modes as possible in MB for obvious reasons.
Modes are all the same. You are just making the shot to light that specific song.
- Rosie is always the top 3 inlanes
- Shook me is always pops
- TNT is always the 3 targets
- Etc
The songs/modes don't change on what you need to collect to change your song but I prefer the songs that will require the drops or cannon in MB but you can still avoid them as you just need to collect 8 other songs to light the jukebox. You could very realistically just only ever shoot
- left ramp
- right ramp
- left orbit
- bell
With this you only need one "riskier"shot to light the jukebox. I generally go for TNT.
-

Encore seems so far away for me. My game is brutal!

That's why just hoping Lyman adds the mode at end of 6 songs

#1546 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Mine was firing prematurely as well when I first got it. I had seen a thread about a light underneath the playfield at the cannon that somehow was affecting its operation.... just moved the light and problem went away. Any problems, let me know and I can take a picture of it

I read that too, but i'm not sure if it's the same on the Luci Vaults. The outlane bulbs looked to be circuit boards, flush to the wood, so there wasn't any light peeking through. Also, I was having the issue in test mode, so there wasn't any blinking lights. I took off the opto and cleaned it. I also cleaned the swinging arm that goes through the opto, thinking maybe there was a piece of dirt or something throwing the opto off. It's working now. Not exactly sure what it was though...

#1547 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

- left ramp
- right ramp
- left orbit
- bell

A couple of additional thoughts.

Ramps are your friends, they have a safe feed, they progress towards Jam MB, (they light the lower lanes getting closer to lighting Song jackpot) and most importantly they award combos - which take you closer to lighting extra ball

The other extra ball is awarded on completion of stand up targets, this will normally happen through MBs, and is not really worth shooting for..

One more thing to take into consideration - if going for Encore - forget about maximising your score, you don't have to worry about completing specific shots for songs, you just need to make enough (8 on default) songs to light the jukebox to change the song. That holds true for EVERY song, ignore the specific songs objectives and just relight the jukebox, change song, rinse and repeat.
The only consideration I would take regarding song choice is if you are near starting a MB choose 'For those about to Rock'. Purely because every ramp shot, rather than giving a nice safe feed to the flipper get diverted to the cannon and puts the ball at risk. (Highway to hell only feeds to cannon for first right ramp shot.)

If all this fails and you are still struggling to get to Encore, consider lowering the number of shots needed to get be able to light the jukebox.

Encore is achievable, it just needs a completely different strategy than if you were playing for pts. I've had a game when I COMPLETED Encore and only just made it over 1.1 Billion.

#1548 5 years ago

Thanks for the additional tips. Just finally realized that lighting the juke box has nothing to do with that specific songs objectives.

My three major goals on this game are:

1. Get to Encore
2. Score a 300 million song JP
3. Get a billion points.

#1549 5 years ago

Just collected a 50 million song jackpot while trapped up with both flippers and firing the cannon with my chin. Haha

#1550 5 years ago

Does anyone have a link or provide one to the 1.68 code for LE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
16,500 (Firm)
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/31?hl=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.