20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.
#1401 5 years ago

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/12/11/episode-73-inside-the-mind-of-lyman-sheats/

Great interview!

Lyman talks about AC/DC code.

Says he has already done a multiball/mini-wizard mode after 6 songs!

But, he is not sure if he is going to put into the game.

I REALLY hope he puts it in.

If it is a high scoring MB, it will add a ton of strategy as completing 6 songs becomes an additional goal.

Do other people want him to add this feature after 6 songs??? He has done it so it's just a question of whether it will make the cut or not?

#1402 5 years ago

What a Gem AC/DC is thank you SR

and LFS, wow this game rocks !

Brian goes hard but Angus is next level ! Holy shit !

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Do other people want him to add this feature after 6 songs??

Yes. Yes and yes please.
You can always include an option to turn it off, but who would?
Here's a nice gig on an interesting looking stage in California.

#1404 5 years ago

My father-in-law bought a NIB Vault edition recently and he's *really* struggling with this thing, skill wise. He averages 5-8 million points and 3-4 cusswords per game. Generally his drains come from a left ramp rollback down the center, Bell rebound down the center, TNT rebound down the center, or right bumper popping to the left outlane.
What can we do to make it easier (more fun for him) to play without just extending ball save time and making it a 5 ball game?
I was able to decrease the size of the left outlane, but the right one is covered by the cannon and I was nervous about messing with all of that. I'm a novice myself. Any other suggestions?

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Tell him play more!

Ha! I did!
My other suggestion was, "hit what you're aiming for"

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

My father-in-law bought a NIB Vault edition recently and he's *really* struggling with this thing, skill wise. He averages 5-8 million points and 3-4 cusswords per game. Generally his drains come from a left ramp rollback down the center, Bell rebound down the center, TNT rebound down the center, or right bumper popping to the left outlane.
What can we do to make it easier (more fun for him) to play without just extending ball save time and making it a 5 ball game?
I was able to decrease the size of the left outlane, but the right one is covered by the cannon and I was nervous about messing with all of that. I'm a novice myself. Any other suggestions?

I would check to make sure that it's pitched and leveled correctly. ACDC is a game that seems to play better the steeper you set it. If it's pitched too shallow you get more side-to-side action which results in more outlane drains.

#1408 5 years ago

Acdc is not an easy game. There is a lot of side to side movement, shots can be tight and unforgiving and the rule set is not very intuitive, at least initially. Most of my games average between 10-20 million, but every once in a while I get a good game in excess of 100 mil.

#1409 5 years ago

My experience is it feels less about skill and more about luck. The number of shots that lead to a direct drain is maddening at times. It doesn't matter what angle you hit something at or if you hit it or biff it, if it doesn't bounce back toward your flippers, it is heading for an out lane. Conversely, If you don't 'biff' the bell shot a bit so that it bounces off something before coming back down (or put it all the way through) it's coming down the middle drain. The cannon is horrid as well, it hits, bounces to the other side, bounces off that side and back to the left drain. This probably is great for routes, but it is maddening for home use. I imagine most of the really high scores you see are people who hold the ball for every shot...which gets boring real fast.

And yes, my game is leveled and angled properly. I've seen some people talk about this game requires nudging...which may be the case, but I don't tend to do that much.

All that, I really enjoy this game...the damn bell hit is so satisfying...maybe the most satisfying shot of any game I've played...now if they would add a magnet timer so it doesn't swing for 30 seconds after the hit.

#1410 5 years ago

It’s a brutal game, usually not fun for novices. Tighten up the outline posts and show him how to nudge to keep the balls from bouncing into the outlines or STDM. I don’t play my AC/DC often as it tends to piss me off. Once in a while, I’ll break 500M but Encore seems out of reach. Maybe someday

#1411 5 years ago

Which is more brutal, acdc premium or SW premium? Love my acdc, and been considering a SW premium, but not sure another brutal game would be good for guests.

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Which is more brutal, acdc premium or SW premium? Love my acdc, and been considering a SW premium, but not sure another brutal game would be good for guests.

I think SW is more brutal for sure. AC/DC may have bad drains but the ramps are super easy to hit.

#1413 5 years ago

I have a much tougher time playing AC/DC than SW. Own and love them both.

If you play as Han you can pretty quickly string a bunch of multiballs into each other and have a fairly long lasting game.

AC/DC punishes you much more severely for missed shots... and has random drains from the bell and cannon. Definitely has easier ramps to hit. My guests find AC/DC super interesting with all the stuff to shoot for, with SW it's usually one game and done.

Basically SW is confusing for new players and ball times tend to be very short if you're just flailing around. I'd definitely pass if brutality is a concern

#1414 5 years ago

At least with the latest firmware update, you can set the game for 10 balls which is what I've been doing.... I'm not competing, just want to advance the game

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

At least with the latest firmware update, you can set the game for 10 balls which is what I've been doing.... I'm not competing, just want to advance the game

10 balls?? Blashpemy. You're going to hell.

#1416 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I think I'll do that tonight and not tell him beforehand!

#1417 5 years ago

Is he having fun still? If yes leave it as is and dont worry.

If no, (here is where I'll get flack), put a rubber on the right outlanes to close it off. Leave the left on lower setting. He's still going to lose his ball like this but it will at least help him out without making it to easy. If he's not competing then it's about finding fun in the game and ac/dc can be brutal. The above mod still teaches him nudging where he can see the ball but help with the side he can't.

#1418 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to trade that vet for my pinball

Well, I sold the Vette. And guess what the first thing I did was?? Yup! I put down a deposit on an AC/DC Premium/LE with shaker motor, v.4 lightning bolts, etc. Picking it up on Wednesday. Now the next critical question: which topper?

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Well, I sold the Vette. And guess what the first thing I did was?? Yup! I put down a deposit on an AC/DC Premium/LE with shaker motor, v.4 lightning bolts, etc. Picking it up on Wednesday. Now the next critical question: which topper?

Nice, now you are getting something you can enjoy right away!

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

No topper, go Mezel Mods devil horns!

AF321923-35D4-4C6C-850D-2643E1A8FA3B (resized).jpegAF321923-35D4-4C6C-850D-2643E1A8FA3B (resized).jpeg
#1421 5 years ago

Tell your father-in-law him and I have a lot in common..... We aren’t good at pinball The best thing We can do is to Not give up and keep playing... Practice makes Perfect... I have a problem with all my machines. I can’t keep that ball in play at all. I’ve told my wife that if these machines don’t straighten up they’re going out by the trash

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Train Topper... What color of lighting did you go on your lightning bolts?

#1423 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

BDBB8BBE-5C70-455F-9469-035B2F96DBAB (resized).jpegBDBB8BBE-5C70-455F-9469-035B2F96DBAB (resized).jpeg THIS TOPPER!

#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Train Topper... What color of lighting did you go on your lightning bolts?

It came with red. Not sure that would have been my first choice, but I’ll wait to see it in person before deciding. Picking it up the day after Christmas. Can’t wait!!!

#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice, now you are getting something you can enjoy right away!

Exactly!! And now I have zero debt and plenty of “play” money!

#1426 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

It came with red. Not sure that would have been my first choice, but I’ll wait to see it in person before deciding. Picking it up the day after Christmas. Can’t wait!!!

Oh, the game came with the lightning bolts..... The red looks really nice. I have seen some people haven’t been liking the white lights as they are super bright. We ultimately ended up going with the blue lighting in the lightning bolts and absolutely Love it!.... If you haven’t played this game much, I would suggest watching some tutorial videos... they are very helpful. We are Super Excited for you to get your game!!.... Merry Christmas!!

#1427 5 years ago

Picking up a premium vault next weekend. Anything I should check when setting it up, or common tweaks needed right out of the box?

Can’t wait!!

#1428 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Picking up a premium vault next weekend. Anything I should check when setting it up, or common tweaks needed right out of the box?
Can’t wait!!

I know my cannon was scraping against the ramp. Had to shave it a bit. The "e" in AXE rubbers were causing the ball go stick. Reduced the size of the rubber.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t wait!!

With the vault - check the leveling of the mini playfield insert

All versions of ac/dc - the height and alignment of the canon. Also make sure the ball in the bell is tight. Some have come shipped loose.

Outside of those items, the normal NIB stuff.

#1430 5 years ago

Also check the height of the AC/DC drop targets. They are adjustable up and down by a few screws underneath. If when 'down' they aren't level or above the pf the ball tends to get stuck there.

EDITED: changed below to above

#1432 5 years ago

Back by popular demand - AC/DC lighted, flashing Roof Band Mod !

I am going to make another run (#8) of these roof mods based on requests for a few pinsiders (if I get a few more people).

Please review and PM to get on the list.
Thx!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

#1433 5 years ago
5AE284BF-ACD0-4A87-9319-142626A8474B (resized).jpeg5AE284BF-ACD0-4A87-9319-142626A8474B (resized).jpeg7C749DFE-B64C-4B6C-BF90-66430FA332FC (resized).jpeg7C749DFE-B64C-4B6C-BF90-66430FA332FC (resized).jpeg
#1434 5 years ago

Hello beautiful.

3F1BBC87-BE98-4014-A1EF-F0BF9A7E1A67 (resized).jpeg3F1BBC87-BE98-4014-A1EF-F0BF9A7E1A67 (resized).jpeg
#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Back by popular demand - AC/DC lighted, flashing Roof Band Mod !
I am going to make another run (#8) of these roof mods based on requests for a few pinsiders (if I get a few more people).
Please review and PM to get on the list.
Thx!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ampgt-ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

Woohoo!!!

#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

[quoted image] THIS TOPPER!

The Laserific looks terr-ific with the Luci translite!! If I had a Luci, it’d be a no-brainer! The perfect complement to that translite! The problem with the Laserific on the original Premium is that the AC/DC text lines up on the same side at the same angle as the AC/DC text on the translite. From an artistic standpoint, it’s not balanced. I also don’t like the mostly 2D look, but I’d accept that if the topper logo were on the right, because it looks awesome overall.

I’m also not a fan of the newer silhouette one because of the 2D look. Of the other current toppers made, I like Tilttopper’s (I think, because I haven’t seen one in person and the video is down) and The Modfather’s (with some modifications). Cointaker has one Tilttopper left, but Dan at Tilttopper said he’s just finishing a new AC/DC Special Edition topper that should be released in the next two weeks. Guess I’m waiting to see what that looks like before making my decision.

Lastly, I’m not a huge fan of the Premium translite, but I need something more kid-friendly than Helen (though I’m a huge fan of Aurich’s work, as evidenced by the fact that I long ago bought his TS package and I don’t yet own a TS). So if I could find an alternate translite that worked better with the Laserific topper, that’s an option too.

#1437 5 years ago
Quoted from bsobie:

Oh, the game came with the lightning bolts..... The red looks really nice. I have seen some people haven’t been liking the white lights as they are super bright. We ultimately ended up going with the blue lighting in the lightning bolts and absolutely Love it!.... If you haven’t played this game much, I would suggest watching some tutorial videos... they are very helpful. We are Super Excited for you to get your game!!.... Merry Christmas!!

Thanks!! I can’t even SLEEP, I’m so excited!! I’ve played the Pro a bunch, but only have a little time on a Premium. I LOVE the Pro, but the Premium blew me away!!! As soon as I played it, I had to have it!!!

#1438 5 years ago

hey guys , stupid question : when does the band members start moving , specific song ?

looks like it it working

thanks

#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

hey guys , stupid question : when does the band members start moving , specific song ?
looks like it it working
thanks

Band should move during multiball (honestly don't really know if it is all multiball modes or not as I usually don't even notice).

#1440 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Band should move during multiball (honestly don't really know if it is all multiball modes or not as I usually don't even notice).

thanks , if its in multiballs it aint working for sure and the funny thing is that i have bought Acdc Luci in 2013 and i cant remember seeing it move lollll

#1441 5 years ago

Goin test menu under coils and see if it is moving. Perhaps it’s just a loose connection as you think it never worked? It has a connector just behind the back panel.

#1442 5 years ago

Yes, it works during all multiballs. Test in coil test. I'm guessing, as well, that connector came lose.

#1443 5 years ago

Does the Prem VE have the same sound system in it? I have an external sub I plan to hook up to mine, but wanted to upgrade all the speakers so that I can hopefully match the increase in quality of bass with better mids and highs too.

From my research:

the backbox speakers are 4" and the cabinet speaker is 12" ?

thanks!

#1444 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the Prem VE have the same sound system in it? I have an external sub I plan to hook up to mine, but wanted to upgrade all the speakers so that I can hopefully match the increase in quality of bass with better mids and highs too.
From my research:
thanks!

I believe the cabinet speaker is smaller on the VE compared to the originals. The originals had a very nice sub installed.

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

From my research:
thanks!

The cabinet opening measures 6.5”... It must be an 8” speaker. We have a 10” sub hooked up and it is perfect for the Pin.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I believe the cabinet speaker is smaller on the VE compared to the originals. The originals had a very nice sub installed.

Thanks so the external sub may be more necessary now instead of just adding an amp to the stock cab sub.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

thanks!

Believe cab speakers on Prem VE were 8” Chuck.
Been awhile for me so please correct if wrong.
Read several preferred ext sub because of it.

#1448 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I like this topper for AC/DC

EBEDA348-9517-4D51-BF9E-37C65E61965E (resized).jpegEBEDA348-9517-4D51-BF9E-37C65E61965E (resized).jpeg
#1449 5 years ago

1 have 1 stainless steel panel for the AC DC classic in stock

if you want it send me a pm

05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209 (resized).jpg05f11d6e644c1a5874edbcd6bae9549afe98a209 (resized).jpg
#1450 5 years ago

Are there rumors regarding a new code update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/29?hl=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.