20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.
#1351 5 years ago

That's the broken leg piece

20181012_151601 (resized).jpg20181012_151601 (resized).jpg
#1352 5 years ago

I'd be in too.

#1353 5 years ago

I'd buy one to have as a spare, just in case.

#1354 5 years ago
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I may be wrong, but I think this was only fitted on the pro models. Maybe there's a slight geometry difference because of the standup targets on the pro?
In the 'Making of ACDC pinball' video that Stern released, the original whitewood appears to show the ball could also exit the pop bumpers to the right, under the right ramp.
Rob

You are correct- PRO only per Stern because of the Bell type.

1 week later
#1356 5 years ago

Looking for opinions. I want to enhance the lighting experience of acdc. My choices are Pinbits lightning bolts, hooked’s ver4 lightning bolts, or pinstadium lights / Orion’s Belt.

I’m leaning towards pinstadium or Orion’s Belt as I can do more than just enhance the lightning bolt flashers.

Any thoughts or opinions?

#1357 5 years ago

I haven't heard of orions belt. Well, except for the constellation.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m leaning towards pinstadium or Orion’s Belt as I can do more than just enhance the lightning bolt flashers.

Please don't.

I 100% recommend the pinbit bolts and the hooked bolts (if you can find a set that will last). The Orion's belt falls into the category of, "Someone asked if they could do something before they asked if they should do it.". To me that system is WAY overkill but I know some people will like it. Just my opinion.

Do you already have the clear red apron with the pinball refinery kit that adds flashers under their and behind the ramp diverters? Those actually integrate very well into the game play as they let you know when the canon is active for something.

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Please don't.
I 100% recommend the pinbit bolts and the hooked bolts (if you can find a set that will last). The Orion's belt falls into the category of, "Someone asked if they could do something before they asked if they should do it.". To me that system is WAY overkill but I know some people will like it. Just my opinion.
Do you already have the clear red apron with the pinball refinery kit that adds flashers under their and behind the ramp diverters? Those actually integrate very well into the game play as they let you know when the canon is active for something.

No on the apron. And that’s a good idea, Maybe that with the lightning bolts are the direction I should go. What did you mean about finding a set that will last (hooked’s version)? He’s up to ver4 so maybe it was early runs of the mod?

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Looking for opinions. I want to enhance the lighting experience of acdc. My choices are Pinbits lightning bolts, hooked’s ver4 lightning bolts, or pinstadium lights / Orion’s Belt.

I just bought the hooked ones, and by mistake got the gen 4. They were bright as shit. I play in a dark garage and it was nauseating. I sent them back for the gen2s. I should be getting those any day. I honestly like the look of the hooked ones the best. They look the most "classic" / "retro" to me. So, just a caution, if you play in a dark room, the gen4s are super bright.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No on the apron. And that’s a good idea, Maybe that with the lightning bolts are the direction I should go. What did you mean about finding a set that will last (hooked’s version)? He’s up to ver4 so maybe it was early runs of the mod?

I honestly don't recall which version I had. I went through 3 sets before throwing in the towel. The LED's were going out in rows. He was great to work with and was replacing them with no hassle at all but at that point I changed to the pinbits ones. I do prefer the look of the hooked ones if he's gotten the reliability figured out. It's been several years so I'm sure I was on a pretty early version.

#1362 5 years ago

I picked up Gen 3 bolts from hooked about a year ago. They are pretty bright, which to me is the entire point of these things... I play in the dark and it feels great to me when they go off. But I like flashy things

Zero issues with mine.

I have Pin Stadiums in my Met and Iron Maiden (on pretty low brightness settings) as the middle of the PF gets pretty dark on those, but the lighting is so good in AC/DC I don't see the need to add them. I also don't want to make the hideous artwork more visible haha.

#1363 5 years ago

I have bright blue bolts, and I attached the stock plastics over them. This way it looks kinda stock when they are off, but the whole bolt flashes when they are on.

#1364 5 years ago

Does anyone know if Pinbits lightning bolts are still being made? And if Pinbits are still being made, Which is the better one to go with... Hooked or Pinbits?

#1365 5 years ago

I bought the Pinbits lightning bolts within the last 6 months for my Luci VE, and I love 'em. Pinbits is still around.

#1366 5 years ago

I have a brand new set of Hooked Gen 4 Bolts in Red with Yellow Lights. $85 Shipped. PM if interested

#1367 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I have a brand new set of Hooked Gen 4 Bolts in Red with Yellow Lights. $85 Shipped. PM if interested

Thank you for the offer, but I would like the white lights. Although, I’ve seen posts on here saying with the white lights you might need to wear a welders helmet during game play

#1368 5 years ago

I have generation 1 Pinbits lighting bolts on my AC/DC , they are bright and look great. 1:21 in the first video

#1369 5 years ago

The pinbits are better because of the back flash ... in my opinion. Love em.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The pinbits are better because of the back flash ... in my opinion. Love em.

Yep, the back flash. That's why I chose them. I love 'em too.

#1371 5 years ago

Sparky sent me a topper he's working on to test fit and take some pics. Liked it so much, I decided to buy it from him. It's a 2 piece powder coated metal topper that has a dimensional look to it.

Lighting is sold separate and can be purchased through mezelmods, at least the RGB fading mod. I added a couple flashers tied to the left and right ramp lightning bolts. Really like the look of it.

If you like it, check with @sparky.

IMG_20181028_092406 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092406 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092412 (resized).jpgIMG_20181028_092412 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1372 5 years ago

hey guys!
I bought this mod from Cointaker and can’t figure out how to plug hit. Instruction links is dead. Here’s a picture of what I got. I think it’s missing the part that gives power to the mod..
someone knows the guy who make them?

I asked cointaker but no answer.
thanks in advance!

IMG_6528 (resized).jpgIMG_6528 (resized).jpg
#1373 5 years ago

You are missing the connector that plugs into the white control box and runs to the games.power connection. What mod is that?

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You are missing the connector that plugs into the white control box and runs to the games.power connection. What mod is that?

https://cointaker.com/products/acdc-stage-cover-band-lighting-mod

Is there another place in this game where I can take the power without using the plug under the plunger? I'm not familiar with SAM system. More a B/W guy
thanks

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

https://cointaker.com/products/acdc-stage-cover-band-lighting-mod
Is there another place in this game where I can take the power without using the plug under the plunger? I'm not familiar with SAM system. More a B/W guy
thanks

Doesnt answer your question, but the plug under the plunger is the best and easiest way.

#1376 5 years ago

Yeah, you need the power adapter that goes to it. They are cheap on ebay. Just search for an LED light strip power adapter. Other than that you would just have to cut off the current connector and soldier in a new power and ground wire and connect it to either a 12volt line or 5 volt line depending on what that strip requires.

When I made the kits I used to sell I used two light strips. One was a 6V strip that tied into the GI so that it was always lit and the other was a 12V strip that tied into the flasher so it only came on when that flasher went off.

Unless you are handy with electrical stuff just buy a power adapter and move alone. Only problem with that though is that (if memory serves me correctly) that plug in the cabinet is always on as long as the game is plugged in. Thus you will have to turn that mod on and off along with the game. Kind of a dumb design if you ask me but that is just personal preference.

#1377 5 years ago

Just joined the club. Excited to learn the rules and game play!

E54BC0D9-DF90-42AB-B8A0-17DBAE540544 (resized).jpegE54BC0D9-DF90-42AB-B8A0-17DBAE540544 (resized).jpeg
#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Just joined the club. Excited to learn the rules and game play!
[quoted image]

So jealous! One day!!

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

So jealous! One day!!

Time to trade that vet for my pinball

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Time to trade that vet for my pinball

Sure, plus $50K from you!!

#1381 5 years ago

Ok, I will need to sell a bunch more of these roof mods!

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Everything is sold out! If interested, please read my last post BELOW. THX! ------Information from previous ad below still applies------ ($100 + shipping) Lighted AC/DC roof m...”
2018-10-23
Saukville, WI
100 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 661 times

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Kind of a dumb design if you ask me but that is just personal preference.

If you are using the service outlet to work on the game you usually wan the game to be off.

It is easy enough to convert the power supply to a molex connector of you know how to crimp wires.

#1383 5 years ago

Anyone have any decent instruction cards?

#1384 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

If you are using the service outlet to work on the game you usually wan the game to be off.
It is easy enough to convert the power supply to a molex connector of you know how to crimp wires.

Yes, but I was reference that the mod uses the service outlet as a dumb design, not that the service port works when the game is off.

I agree that adding a molex is easy to do but most people buying these plug and play mods aren't comfortable with electrical work. From a company like Coin Taker, I'm pretty disappointed they took the lazy way out and didn't make it connect to a molex adapter like 99% of the other mods of this nature have.

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, but I was reference that the mod uses the service outlet as a dumb design, not that the service port works when the game is off.
I agree that adding a molex is easy to do but most people buying these plug and play mods aren't comfortable with electrical work. From a company like Coin Taker, I'm pretty disappointed they took the lazy way out and didn't make it connect to a molex adapter like 99% of the other mods of this nature have.

Thanks. I tough it would come plug and play but I’m ok to do it myself.
I would not recommend to ordering it by Cointaker. No adapter at all. For 100$+
Lou

#1386 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Thanks. I tough it would come plug and play but I’m ok to do it myself.
I would not recommend to ordering it by Cointaker. No adapter at all. For 100$+
Lou

I got my design from 85vett that I make - easy plug and play!

1 week later
#1387 5 years ago

Joined the club today!

1118180230a (resized).jpg1118180230a (resized).jpg
#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Joined the club today! [quoted image]

Awesome! Super fun! Congrats!

#1389 5 years ago

So after spending some considerable time on this the last few days a few observations...

1. Holy *%#! does it drain the middle a lot. Especially the bell, or just coming off the pop bumpers with nothing you can do to prevent it. This seems like a pretty bad design flaw. I read back about the spring wire thing on the pros...I wonder why they didn't include that on the other models, or make it available at least.

2. The cannon. Why did they not at least make a little variety and have you shoot the bell or TNT or the lightning bolts for those modes? (I know you can, but you don't get anything for it). At least in some cases it does have you aim for something other than the lightning target.

3. If you hit the bell multiple times too quickly it won't register.

4. Never realized how long AC/DC intros are until you play this game over and over and drain before the first verse is over or sometimes even started.

#1390 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So after spending some considerable time on this the last few days a few observations...
1. Holy *%#! does it drain the middle a lot. Especially the bell, or just coming off the pop bumpers with nothing you can do to prevent it. This seems like a pretty bad design flaw. I read back about the spring wire thing on the pros...I wonder why they didn't include that on the other models, or make it available at least.
2. The cannon. Why did they not at least make a little variety and have you shoot the bell or TNT or the lightning bolts for those modes? (I know you can, but you don't get anything for it). At least in some cases it does have you aim for something other than the lightning target.
3. If you hit the bell multiple times too quickly it won't register.
4. Never realized how long AC/DC intros are until you play this game over and over and drain before the first verse is over or sometimes even started.

Mine very rarely goes stdm off bell area. Check your level. True about song intros. I kind of wish an option to have songs continue was available.

#1391 5 years ago

Agreed on option to have songs continue.

For the SDTM - A lot of us put a larger diameter post at the end of that lane. Used to be common when it first came out but not sure anymore.

1 week later
#1392 5 years ago

My cherry is popped! I just got mine in today from a fellow pinsider. I’m pretty stocked to join the club as this is my first pinball machine.

EC420AAC-ACF9-4F37-8520-DC8A272D0384 (resized).jpegEC420AAC-ACF9-4F37-8520-DC8A272D0384 (resized).jpeg
#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from bobzilla:

My cherry is popped! I just got mine in today from a fellow pinsider. I’m pretty stocked to join the club as this is my first pinball machine.
[quoted image]

I just hope you did that "sweet like"

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I just hope you did that "sweet like"

Seeing that the high score says “Balls Deep”, I have my doubts. This is certainly an outstanding Hallmark moment.

#1395 5 years ago

Joined the club today,

20181204_112404 (resized).jpg20181204_112404 (resized).jpg
#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Joined the club today,
[quoted image]

Wow that BIBLE looks dam sweet

Great collection

#1397 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me what this is?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Wow that BIBLE looks dam sweet
Great collection

Cheers Pete
You ol' # 105 is in good hands mate

#1399 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone tell me what this is?[quoted image]

Looks like a sound activated led strip.

#1400 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Can anyone tell me what this is?[quoted image]

I put 2 of those in mine. Cool effect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/4#post-3104868

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.