20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:Hi
I just bought a Luci VE and my cannon is firing by hitself seconds after starting to move. I double checked connections and opto. But switch 61-62 are triggering correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

My Premium VE is doing the same thing but is intermittent.... Someone had mentioned a light under the playfield in the area of the cannon is shining on something under there affecting its operation.... I’m not sure how to find that post.

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

Yours is probably fine. A canon shot to the left orbit normally only makes it about halfway up and comes back down. Left ramp even less. The left orbit is the most safe shot I've found from the canon but I still only go for the bell or drops 99% of the time.

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The devil horn "STUFF" was added in the latest code that came out earlier this year.....It was not in the code previously.
I haven't figured out a good strategy on the game since the new code dropped...I did get a huge surge of points during album multiball while TNT was running....don't remember ever getting points like that before.
Any good strategies out there with new code?

Waiting for Oi Mania to be fixed, so still on the old code!

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Waiting for Oi Mania to be fixed, so still on the old code!

Same here. Hoping when they fix it, those who did the song changes will provide their update too.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

I think angle is bad to get it up the ramp and orbit. That being said I've gotten to to go all the way on the ramp and orbit, but most of the time it just clunks.

#1306 5 years ago

Ok, so my cannon have no problem, thanks.
Great game but very complex if you go deep in the rules for the first plays, pfffiou...

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,

I have no issue making both the left orbit or the left ramp, usually on the back swing from the cannon.

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Any good strategies out there with new code?

Since the update that really evened out the songs and reduced the Hells Bells advantage, I play Thunderstruck and start Jam as often as possible. Sometimes I will switch to TNT before Album if I have a huge Song Bonus to collect. Then I will switch to Rock and Roll train and continue with Jam. Both of those songs make it easy to get the add-a-ball from VIP if you have any left.

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Since the update that really evened out the songs and reduced the Hells Bells advantage, I play Thunderstruck and start Jam as often as possible. Sometimes I will switch to TNT before Album if I have a huge Song Bonus to collect. Then I will switch to Rock and Roll train and continue with Jam. Both of those songs make it easy to get the add-a-ball from VIP if you have any left.

Thanks Rock and Roll Train is usually a staple for me....since its the shot I feel most comfortable being able to hit on most AC/DC machines. I try to pay attention to line up the multiballs with the corresponding mode when possible. I get into Jam far more often then the others....unless I'm bricking a lot, then Album it is

#1310 5 years ago

I have a strange issue with my ACDC premium at the moment after working on levelling the inserts in front of the flippers today ( lots of tapping with a hammer and block of wood ). When selecting a song at game start the shots attached to each song are highlighted by the relevant inserts lighting, the inserts showing the shots for ' you shook me all night long ' do not light. All the other songs relevant inserts light as you change song as normal. The strange thing is if the ball is plunged during ' you shook me all night long ' as soon as the ball passes the 2nd shooter lane switch the shot inserts light and work normally from then on. In the extension board test everything works fine. I've poked around making sure all connections are good on the extension board. Completely scratching my head on this one I resorted to resetting the machine to factory defaults as some strange issues can sometimes be cleared this way but its still the same so that was a waste of time (and my high scores! ).

Anyone had this issue before?

#1311 5 years ago

How on Earth did your inserts raise??

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

How on Earth did your inserts raise??

No idea, I guess a bad playfield. When I got the machine in February all of the inserts infront of the flippers were horribly raised, worst raised inserts I've ever come across, frequently affecting ball movement. I warmed them and tapped them down but they wouldn't go low enough. I ended up removing them, clearing out the old glue and refitting them with new glue.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

No idea, I guess a bad playfield. When I got the machine in February all of the inserts infront of the flippers were horribly raised, worst raised inserts I've ever come across, frequently affecting ball movement. I warmed them and tapped them down but they wouldn't go low enough. I ended up removing them, clearing out the old glue and refitting them with new glue.

Damn... I've only ever done that on a 1990 game. That's crazy.

#1314 5 years ago

Hey Guys.
I have an AC/DC Prem.....

I was wondering if any of you in this club also had a TWDLE? I am in a position to trade my AC/DC (+$) for TWDLE. I have never played TWD and wondered if any of you might have an honest, unbiased opinion as to whether or not I would be making a mistake.

Thanks for any input guys!

Kyle

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
I was wondering if any of you in this club also had a TWDLE? I am in a position to trade my AC/DC (+$) for TWDLE. I have never played TWD and wondered if any of you might have an honest, unbiased opinion as to whether or not I would be making a mistake.
Kyle

I have only played TWD a few times.... It wasn’t a theme for me but a lot of people like it. I have an AC/DC. One thing that made me like and enjoy the AC/DC more was learning the rules. That made it a much better and Awesome pin. I’m sure learning the gameplay on any pin would make them more fun... My suggestion to you would be to play it first before making any decisions.

#1316 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
Kyle

I have both games side by side in my collection. I play both games about the same but would give a slight edge to TWDLE as far as being my favorite. I think the rules are slightly better and I like that there are multiple attainable wizard modes as well as a theme you can really get into like Horde vs. ACDC which is more scoring based and just has one incredibly hard to get to Wizard mode. There aren't many games I'd get rid of ACDC for but TWDLE is one of them. Good luck!

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
Kyle

I have both in premiums. They are very different, but both are really great.i had sold my acdc premium and missed it so I found another. If you have a small collection, I would give the edge to Twd as it’s a bit more complex.

#1318 5 years ago

I own both, TWD is the better game.

#1319 5 years ago

I have both as well, although AC/DC is fairly new for me. Walking Dead I purchased new. I think Walking Dead is a better game although they do not play anywhere near the same. If you could spend some time playing it would be a good idea.

#1320 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Check your fire button switch.
Also check the switch in the cannon and make sure the ball is not bouncing of it a little as it starts to move.

FYI
I thighten the 2 screws holding the canon opto under the PF. I played 150 games since with 0 problem.

#1321 5 years ago

I have the dancing band with plug if anyone needs one. It's from an original so it has the drummer. No idea what it's worth. PM me if you are looking and in need of it.

#1322 5 years ago

What do you guys use to keep your lightening bolt flashers from falling out? Mine were initially hot glued by stern, but that didn't hold. I was thinking of trying my own hot glue.

I also bought hooked pinball lightening bolts, but thought it might be cool if it flashed from behind as well.

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

What do you guys use to keep your lightening bolt flashers from falling out? Mine were initially hot glued by stern, but that didn't hold. I was thinking of trying my own hot glue.
I also bought hooked pinball lightening bolts, but thought it might be cool if it flashed from behind as well.

I have the lightning bolts. I keep the flashers behind them, but honestly you can't tell they are flashing anyway. I put small pieces of electrical tape on the bases to keep them tight in the socket.

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have the lightning bolts. I keep the flashers behind them, but honestly you can't tell they are flashing anyway. I put small pieces of electrical tape on the bases to keep them tight in the socket.

Same for me

#1325 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Replaced with pinbits bolts

I'm really surprised hot glue didn't work.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Replaced with pinbits bolts
I'm really surprised hot glue didn't work.

The pinbits bolts with the built-in rearward extra back flash are the best in my opinion. Love them.

#1327 5 years ago

See photo - I noticed on a fellow league members AC/DC pro vault edition there is a “guide wire - spring” coming out of pop bumper- swinging bell area.

He says this is Stock from Stern. It is used to prevent the ball from going down the middle and draining.

Should the Premium VE have this spring???

0B7926CF-E941-44E6-87FB-C5C56878942B (resized).jpeg0B7926CF-E941-44E6-87FB-C5C56878942B (resized).jpeg
#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Should the Premium VE have this spring???

I always wondered this as well, as I do get more than my fair share of SDTM drains from the bell shot.

#1329 5 years ago

Have an original and that doesn’t have this spring but I don’t get many drains luckily from a bell shot.

Have seen this kind of solution befor with Avatar.

#1330 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I have no issue making both the left orbit or the left ramp, usually on the back swing from the cannon.

Same here.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

See photo - I noticed on a fellow league members AC/DC pro vault edition there is a “guide wire - spring” coming out of pop bumper- swinging bell area.
He says this is Stock from Stern. It is used to prevent the ball from going down the middle and draining.
Should the Premium VE have this spring???[quoted image]

Wouldn't that get beat up pretty good from balls pounding at it off the flipper? I have a premium and don't have that.

#1332 5 years ago

Never came on the prem. Best way to help with sdtm on prem out of pops is a bigger rubber at the end of that lane. When ac/DC first came out a lot of us put a post rubber there. Just have to replace the post but is easy to do.

#1333 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Hey Guys.
Kyle

I have AC/DC LE and TWD LE. Both are incredible pins that I’ve had for years, and never plan on selling.
My all time favorite is TWD. It’s fast, with a ton of shots, and has one of the best codes ever. Once Cleland rearranged the voice and sounds a few years ago, it then made it a perfect pin for me.

If you can get a really nice TWDLE, buy it. You can always replace your AC/DC Premium.

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Wouldn't that get beat up pretty good from balls pounding at it off the flipper? I have a premium and don't have that.

That wire is actually a spring around the post with the straight part of wire sticking out. Spring loaded. So it takes a beating with no problems and springs back. On the slow balls from upper playfield it directs the ball so it does not go straight down the middle.

#1335 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Should the Premium VE have this spring???[quoted image]

I may be wrong, but I think this was only fitted on the pro models. Maybe there's a slight geometry difference because of the standup targets on the pro?

In the 'Making of ACDC pinball' video that Stern released, the original whitewood appears to show the ball could also exit the pop bumpers to the right, under the right ramp.

Rob

#1337 5 years ago

Yes the spring was only used on the Pro from day one.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Yes the spring was only used on the Pro from day one.

Was the layout different- can’t tell?

#1339 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Was the layout different- can’t tell?

I don't think so.
Wire is there due to the bounce back from the bell hit (there was no movement of the bell on the original) draining.
The wire has changed shape over the years too.

#1340 5 years ago

Somehow Angus's leg plastic broke on my Luci. I'm guessing stern doesn't sell the plastic pieces separately? Not sure I want to buy a whole set for just the leg...but...it's kind of annoying me.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Somehow Angus's leg plastic broke on my Luci. I'm guessing stern doesn't sell the plastic pieces separately? Not sure I want to buy a whole set for just the leg...but...it's kind of annoying me.

This has happened to a few.
No you can't buy it on its own.
Glue works well.

#1342 5 years ago

Hate to be "that guy" but I never replaced my stock rule cards. Anyone got any killer ones to link up? Was thinkin about just doin Powerage on left and Highway to Hell on right.
How do you guys print these? My printer can't handle card stock paper, I don't think. Kinkos?

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hate to be "that guy" but I never replaced my stock rule cards. Anyone got any killer ones to link up? Was thinkin about just doin Powerage on left and Highway to Hell on right.
How do you guys print these? My printer can't handle card stock paper, I don't think. Kinkos?

Print on photo paper. It always takes me a thousand tries to get the size right.

#1344 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Happened to mine years ago. I wound up using glue on mine. It held for about 6 months and broke again. I glued it again and put mylar over it and it last about 12 months. I've put his leg in the coindoor for now

#1345 5 years ago

Can someone take a picture of that area and post - Angus's leg plastic broke??

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Can someone take a picture of that area and post - Angus's leg plastic broke??

I'm letting a friend play my game right now so it's at his house so I can't grab a picture of the broken leg. But it breaks at his knee, where I've pointed out in green below. If I ever replace it, I'm going to re-inforce that spot. Problem is that even mylar on the back can cause interference and make it stick.
AC (resized).pngAC (resized).png

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'm letting a friend play my game right now so it's at his house so I can't grab a picture of the broken leg. But it breaks at his knee, where I've pointed out in green below. If I ever replace it, I'm going to re-inforce that spot. Problem is that even mylar on the back can cause interference and make it stick.
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting!

What causes it to break there? And what are some options to reinforce besides Mylar?

#1348 5 years ago

The plastic is really thin at that point as it is where his knee is and is also the pivot point for the movement. The force of going back and forth just does it in over time.

I tried several things with no luck due to it being to thick as that part goes behind his stag-net leg and the back plastic. If you go too thick his leg gets stuck in the air and doesn't come back to it's resting position.

Only thing I didn't try would be to put some sort of metal bracket on the side. It would have to be really thin and then mounting it would be a challenge.

In a perfect world, a REALLY thin piece of metal that you double sided taped to the back of his leg would be the best option. Not sure if metal that thin is possible though but it would probably need to be about half the thickness of a cliffy.

Probably the best option would be to have someone make replacement legs in PETG and just apply a decal to it as a replacement. Stern wont make just that plastic so you have to buy the full kit for it thus why those that have a broken leg generally just deal with it. If I had a laser cutter I'd consider making that piece but I don't and making it by hand would be hard, if not impossible.

#1349 5 years ago

Ok,

I have access to laser cutter and I have Pet-g. I have Mac software for graphics and can get some decent graphics printed for leg.

Let me ask Pinsiders:
A. How big is the need? Do you need one?
B. Are you willing to pay $15 plus shipping for the part?

Let me know.
If the need is big enough I will make some.

#1350 5 years ago

$15 is more than it's probably worth but while saying that I probably would buy one. It's better than buying a whole plastic kit for just that one part and I'm OCD so it drives me nuts.

So, yup, I'd be in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/27?hl=bsobie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.