20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.
#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

How did you connect the cannon LED to power? Do you have it tied into a specific bulb/flasher? I have my translucent red apron lit up but I have to check what I have it tied into as I can't remember on my AC/DC if it's pulsing lighting tied into my flipper buttons or if it is tied into some of the flashers....

Should be tied into the flasher by the canon. That way the canon and aprons flash/pulse when the canon is ready to be shot.

#1252 5 years ago

Few left, now is the time....ACDC Roof mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-roof-mod

PM to get one.

CDEBF6E1-8D23-4071-9E07-CA93C0C577C9 (resized).pngCDEBF6E1-8D23-4071-9E07-CA93C0C577C9 (resized).png Added over 6 years ago:

New link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-lighted-roof-mod

#1253 5 years ago

If anyone would be able to swap 3-4 songs into the new code please send me a PM would be able to pay or donate to Piniside for the effort.

#1254 5 years ago

Ok, well I FINALLY played an ACDC tonight! Granted it was only the pro, but WHAT A MACHINE!!! I actually got a major adrenaline rush while playing it! So now it’s catapulted to very close to the front of the line on machines I will soon own. Looking at the differences with the Premium/LE, I definitely want that over the pro. The SECOND I sell my ‘63 Corvette Coupe, I’m dropping the dough on ACDC!!

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Ok, well I FINALLY played an ACDC tonight! Granted it was only the pro, but WHAT A MACHINE!!! I actually got a major adrenaline rush while playing it! So now it’s catapulted to very close to the front of the line on machines I will soon own. Looking at the differences with the Premium/LE, I definitely want that over the pro. The SECOND I sell my ‘63 Corvette Coupe, I’m dropping the dough on ACDC!!

Perfect! I've been considering trading my loaded premium. Drive that coupe up here and go home in a beautiful ac/dc!

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Perfect! I've been considering trading my loaded premium. Drive that coupe up here and go home in a beautiful ac/dc!

And a large duffel of cash? Sure!

#1257 5 years ago

What AcDc song was the most deserving to be in the pin that was left out?

#1258 5 years ago

Not in order, but easily some of my favorites not included:

Dirty Deeds
Shoot to Thrill
Money Talks
What do you do for money?

#1259 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What AcDc song was the most deserving to be in the pin that was left out?

Girls got rhythm

#1260 5 years ago

is anyone interested in the laseriffic train topper? I've got one still brand new in the box. asking what I originally paid for it, $230 plus shipping

laseriffic ac-dc topper (resized).pnglaseriffic ac-dc topper (resized).png

pm me for payment info

3 weeks later
#1261 5 years ago

Just got my alternate translite, sorry I waited so long.

AAD62DB6-AB5F-4545-984A-844A9854B9CA (resized).jpegAAD62DB6-AB5F-4545-984A-844A9854B9CA (resized).jpegBBA2E1E9-07D8-4847-A075-EE46FB09FAC9 (resized).jpegBBA2E1E9-07D8-4847-A075-EE46FB09FAC9 (resized).jpeg

#1262 5 years ago

My youngest and I were just playing, I was on Maiden and she was on ACDC. My wife comes down and turns us both down mid-game (......). Now my ACDC has to be at 50+ to hear it. At 20 you can barely hear it.
What the fuck did she do???

#1263 5 years ago

No one has had a sudden loss of volume from a mid game coin door opening? This is crazy. Speakers aren't blown, but volume WAY off.
How could just turning down volume do this?

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No one has had a sudden loss of volume from a mid game coin door opening? This is crazy. Speakers aren't blown, but volume WAY off.
How could just turning down volume do this?

Are the call outs low level too? Or just the music? Bell and train sounds?

#1265 5 years ago

Everything.
Huge volume shift. Almost like the amp blew.

#1266 5 years ago

If you have a headphone accessory with volume control, check that too. Sometimes it will also control master volume. Could be wrong on that, but worth the check.

#1267 5 years ago

No headphones. I mean, at 55 its still loud as hell, so it's not like I have no volume. But something happened. Thanks for yer reply King.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No headphones. I mean, at 55 its still loud as hell, so it's not like I have no volume. But something happened. Thanks for yer reply King.

Have you reseated the connectors for the speakers on the board? My MET does this periodically. That in line filter has just enough weight to it to where over time it will pull the connector ever so slightly loose. When that happens it's like putting soft mute on it.

#1269 5 years ago

Thanks Vette. I bet that's what happened.

#1270 5 years ago

New owner here- sorry for the dumb question but is the ball in the mini playfield a regular ball or some sort of ceramic the one in my game is pretty dark. Do i take off the mini pf by unscrewing the brackets and that’s it?

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

New owner here- sorry for the dumb question but is the ball in the mini playfield a regular ball or some sort of ceramic the one in my game is pretty dark. Do i take off the mini pf by unscrewing the brackets and that’s it?

It's a standard ball.

depends on which version you have on how to change it out.

Original - Remove the 4 screws that hold the mini PF on as well as the handful of wire connectors for the lights and switches. Pull the PF off, replace ball and clean the mini PF. Should take you 10 mins tops for the first time to do this. It looks intimidating but is really easy.

VE - remove the plexi window and service from the top. Change the ball and clean the PF.

#1272 5 years ago

Thanks. I have an original, it looks pretty easy to do i just didn’t know if there was more to it than what i was seeing.

1 week later
#1273 5 years ago

I have the new version Luci and hate the way the left orbit hits the top of the right sling. What is proper set up? Should it go to the right flipper? I would almost rather have it activate the sling than hit where it does. I don't lose a lot of balls that way but just don't care for the action. Thanks for any suggestions.

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have the new version Luci and hate the way the left orbit hits the top of the right sling. What is proper set up? Should it go to the right flipper? I would almost rather have it activate the sling than hit where it does. I don't lose a lot of balls that way but just don't care for the action. Thanks for any suggestions.

I think just about every AC/DC I've played I've hit the side of the cabinet when the ball is coming down that right orbit to keep it off the sling. I'm not sure what SR had in his mind when designing it but if you want to get the ball to go to the flipper instead of the sling it will require you to move the very end of that lower orbit over to the left just a tad. I'm not sure how much (if any) room for adjustment their is in that hole though.

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I think just about every AC/DC I've played I've hit the side of the cabinet when the ball is coming down that right orbit to keep it off the sling. I'm not sure what SR had in his mind when designing it but if you want to get the ball to go to the flipper instead of the sling it will require you to move the very end of that lower orbit over to the left just a tad. I'm not sure how much (if any) room for adjustment their is in that hole though.

I agree but don't enjoy banging the cab. Just wondering what other owners were doing.

#1276 5 years ago

Really just some trial and error but you only have two real options:
- move the end of that right orbit lane out towards the center of the PF more
- add something (maybe a real thin felt strip) on that rail at the end to help bump the ball to the left some

Keep in mind, anything you do here will make shooting the right orbit more difficult.

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I agree but don't enjoy banging the cab. Just wondering what other owners were doing.

I also slap the side of my cab. It's the exact same thing I've done for years with my Creature From The Black Lagoon when the ball comes down from the right orbit. On my AC/DC the shot up the right orbit is pretty much the toughest shot in the game for me due to it's tightness (or at least it feels tight to me). I have to be spot on to nail it, so I never wanted to mess around with the ball guide in that area and risk making that shot even tighter.

I should note, if I make that loop with a lot of speed, the ball will feed directly to the right flipper and miss the sling, but it's gotta be traveling real fast. As such, it's tough to make combos out of that right loop, but I've done it.

#1278 5 years ago

I will try an adjustment. With 26 games in the basement there is no room for cab slapping. I can make the right orbit ok so a little tighter wont hurt.

#1279 5 years ago

NEW AC/DC Intractive Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=867

-- Interactive Playfield Shot Map displays shots for selected rules

Please check it out

pbz_ac_dc (resized).pngpbz_ac_dc (resized).png
#1280 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Mine (original run premium) only hits the sling if it's a weak shot. If I hit the left orbit solid it will always come down to the right flipper. Sometimes I can combo this into hitting several left orbits in a row. My pitch is around 7 degrees, not sure if that makes a big difference or not?

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I just got a Premium Vault and have the same issue, drives me crazy. I plan to adjust it. I’ll move it as far to the left as I can and test. Then if necessary elongate the hole in the ball guide a bit with a dremel. If that still not enough I’ll bend the tip of the ball guide a bit.

#1282 5 years ago

this was what I considered to be a design flaw in GotG (both orbits on 2 machines on route near where I live hit the top of the slings if the ball isn't traveling at or near full speed), but it seems very odd that stern changed the placement of the metal ball guides to cause this to occur in the vault edition when it wasn't an issue in the original machines

I wonder if it was just a few machines where a worker didn't drill the hole in the proper spot or if the entire vault edition run is affected?

1 week later
#1283 5 years ago

Bend the tip of the ball guide is the solution. And i think the only one.
I did that on my Iron Man and it's perfect since.

1 week later
#1285 5 years ago

Hi
I just bought a Luci VE and my cannon is firing by hitself seconds after starting to move. I double checked connections and opto. But switch 61-62 are triggering correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Hi
I just bought a Luci VE and my cannon is firing by hitself seconds after starting to move. I double checked connections and opto. But switch 61-62 are triggering correctly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Check your fire button switch.
Also check the switch in the cannon and make sure the ball is not bouncing of it a little as it starts to move.

#1287 5 years ago

5 years too late but how is the bell shot actually counted on ACDC LE/Premium

I bought my ACDC Premium in the early 2013 run. It is rare to get the 3x multiplier on my game due to the swinging bell. I recently played a pro for the first time and could get to 3x and keep it going to scores 2x my best ever (my previous best was 400 Million with factory but no extra ball) so it made me want to ask you guys how the bell is actually counted on the LE/Prem.

My usual problem like I am sure everyone is that the bell starts to swing with the magnet but even when I hit it square or get to the hole I don’t get a score. I have to wait for it to stop swinging to get a hit and in multi-ball that is rare. I see videos of the hells bells strategy and all the hits people get but that is not possible for me with my game so far.

Thanks for any insight into how you get bell hits. How do you play for 2x 3x? Thanks

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

5 years too late but how is the bell shot actually counted on ACDC LE/Premium
I bought my ACDC Premium in the early 2013 run. It is rare to get the 3x multiplier on my game due to the swinging bell. I recently played a pro for the first time and could get to 3x and keep it going to scores 2x my best ever (my previous best was 400 Million with factory but no extra ball) so it made me want to ask you guys how the bell is actually counted on the LE/Prem.
My usual problem like I am sure everyone is that the bell starts to swing with the magnet but even when I hit it square or get to the hole I don’t get a score. I have to wait for it to stop swinging to get a hit and in multi-ball that is rare. I see videos of the hells bells strategy and all the hits people get but that is not possible for me with my game so far.
Thanks for any insight into how you get bell hits. How do you play for 2x 3x? Thanks

It's registered via an opto in the bracket that holds the bell. It must stop swinging before the next shot will register. Some games swing longer than others. Your, like mine, swings a lot so I have to avoid the shot until it does stop swinging. I'm sure you could make it swing less by roughing up the pivot point or adding a weak spring but it's not something I ever worried about so never attempted anything.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's registered via an opto in the bracket that holds the bell. It must stop swinging before the next shot will register. Some games swing longer than others. Your, like mine, swings a lot so I have to avoid the shot until it does stop swinging. I'm sure you could make it swing less by roughing up the pivot point or adding a weak spring but it's not something I ever worried about so never attempted anything.

There is a magnet under the bell to stop it from swinging. Seems simple, but I wish they would put it in the code so that 3 seconds after a bell hit they would activate the magnet for a second or two to slow the bell swing down if the opto still shows it's swinging.

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a magnet under the bell to stop it from swinging. Seems simple, but I wish they would put it in the code so that 3 seconds after a bell hit they would activate the magnet for a second or two to slow the bell swing down if the opto still shows it's swinging.

What is the magnet for, if it does not slow down bell. Did they just forget to code it?

#1291 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What is the magnet for, if it does not slow down bell. Did they just forget to code it?

It kicks it a little in a ball search. Not sure when else it is used.

#1292 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It's their to actually swing the bell. It was coded into the VIP pass but was recently removed and only does that after the 3rd devil horn award. That's why people used to do hells bells all day on prem/le games as a VIP pass would extend the 2x or 3x PF multipliers.

#1293 5 years ago

What is a devil horn award??

#1294 5 years ago

After shooting the lit devil horns around the PF the juke box will light to collect an award (same place you change a song). Their are several different awards that were recently added, one of which doesn't work still (OI mode). And apparently I was wrong. The swinging Bell is the 4th award, not the 3rd.

- Changed the rule for the DEVIL HORNS. Instead of lighting all 3 shots
at once, they are lit in order: BELL, RIGHT LOOP, LEFT LOOP. Once the
LEFT LOOP shot is made to complete the sequence, the Tunes N Stuff lamp
is lit to collect "STUFF".
- Added STUFF to Tunes N Stuff:
- 2X DEVIL HORNS (multiplies the lit DEVIL HORN shots by 2).
- HOLD BONUS
- 7,500,000 POINTS
- AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS
Using the VIP PASS button also awards all features available
at the BELL (which includes advancing the PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER).
(The Premium/LE will swing the bell using the BELL MAGNET.)
- OI MANIA (7,500 PER SWITCH. OI!)
- 10,000,000 POINTS
- EXTRA BALL

#1295 5 years ago

Ya know....I've had this game for two years and never realized those were devils horns on the red inserts!

#1296 5 years ago

I'm introducing a new line of powder coated metal toppers, including ACDC, which can be found in my Pinside shop or through Mezelmods. $125 plus shipping. Add an RGB lighting topper kit from Mezelmods for added effect (GOTG pictured as an example). I think the topper light kits are around $35.
ACDC Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgACDC Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1297 5 years ago

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,
Does the cannon is able to fire the ball for a full left orbit or left ramp on your machine? On my Premium, the cannon seems to be a bit weak...

No. I can hit the bell, but usually go for the lit drop target.

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys,

I've never tried shooting for the ramp or the loop. Not even accidentally. I've only shot for the bell (I can hit that with enough gusto to register it no problem) or the lit drop target(s) on the AC/DC bank. I don't think the power of the cannon shot would be sufficient for making the ramp or the loop, and I don't think that the shot angles are quite right either. There was also never any scoring incentive to shoot for the ramp or loop with the cannon that outweighed going for the bell or the AC/DC drop targets.

I might go home after work and try shooting for the ramp and loop just to see what happens. I imagine nothing will happen other than Steve Ritchie telling me my aim is horrible.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ya know....I've had this game for two years and never realized those were devils horns on the red inserts!

The devil horn "STUFF" was added in the latest code that came out earlier this year.....It was not in the code previously.

I haven't figured out a good strategy on the game since the new code dropped...I did get a huge surge of points during album multiball while TNT was running....don't remember ever getting points like that before.

Any good strategies out there with new code?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/26?hl=electriclou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.