20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 67.
#1002 6 years ago

It's just a simple V plastic. Installing would be a bitch though since the stock ramp is riveted in.

I could do the pinball mod thing and buy this, cut it and sell it for $100 a piece.... But seriously, if you wanted to do this to your game, this would work just fine and would be clear as well.

http://www.wallguard.com/corner-guards/clear-corner-guards/2335-series.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI89Kr8oDd2QIVV57ACh0tggXtEAYYAiABEgKJO_D_BwE

2335-3-4-wing (resized).png2335-3-4-wing (resized).png

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's just a simple V plastic. Installing would be a bitch though since the stock ramp is riveted in.
I could do the pinball mod thing and buy this, cut it and sell it for $100 a piece.... But seriously, if you wanted to do this to your game, this would work just fine and would be clear as well.
http://www.wallguard.com/corner-guards/clear-corner-guards/2335-series.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI89Kr8oDd2QIVV57ACh0tggXtEAYYAiABEgKJO_D_BwE

If Stern were shipping games with clear plastic crossover ramps people would be modifying them with metal and accuse Stern of cost cutting. I'm happy with my metal crossover ramp.

#1004 6 years ago

Stock ramp is not riveted, it has 2 screws on the left hand side underneath ... So disassembled within 30 seconds.
The only challenge is the additional plastic to avoid ball dropping from the ramp when coming from the diverter. But in most cases it will work without that additional, my set had the plastic as well so I riveted it to the main Macralon crossover ramp.

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

If Stern were shipping games with clear plastic crossover ramps people would be modifying them with metal and accuse Stern of cost cutting. I'm happy with my metal crossover ramp.

So true! I personally like my ramp with the train sticker. The plain metal was a bit of an eye sore but with this mod it seemed to pit in better.

Quoted from the_one:

Stock ramp is not riveted, it has 2 screws on the left hand side underneath ... So disassembled within 30 seconds.
The only challenge is the additional plastic to avoid ball dropping from the ramp when coming from the diverter. But in most cases it will work without that additional, my set had the plastic as well so I riveted it to the main Macralon crossover ramp.

Good to know. I always though it was riveted in as the top shows rivets. Looks like that holds a bracket with the screws under more review. Makes this an even easier mod to try for those that want to. Shoot, if you use the wall guards that entrance piece would be even less likely to be needed since those guards are a bit taller. Would take just trimming the end of the guard a bit to have it fit.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Hilarious, but true!

#1007 6 years ago

I really like the plastic crossover. So now we have located 2 out of 4 pcs

F461B262-17B6-4F66-8262-476634F86495 (resized).jpegF461B262-17B6-4F66-8262-476634F86495 (resized).jpeg

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I really like the plastic crossover. So now we have located 2 out of 4 pcs

Now the only thing you need yet is the lighted acdc band roof mod!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

6E6CC9F0-74E4-4AED-8F5A-B743880332CB (resized).jpeg6E6CC9F0-74E4-4AED-8F5A-B743880332CB (resized).jpeg

D1BC32A7-3623-4632-B2E4-1703711C7253 (resized).jpegD1BC32A7-3623-4632-B2E4-1703711C7253 (resized).jpeg

#1009 6 years ago

Wife and I got around to installing the LCD Color DMD last night. Install and software update was a breeze, new graphics are looking mighty sharp! This is probably my favorite pin so far.

AABB8E05-9FD8-4DDB-9592-599786F0AE9B.jpegAABB8E05-9FD8-4DDB-9592-599786F0AE9B.jpeg

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Now the only thing you need yet is the lighted acdc band roof mod!

I had one but the picture I showed is an old one. Currently have the lcd from mikeD installed :

See me having fun here

#1011 6 years ago

Need for someone to make a roof for behind the MikeD mod. No lights shining down needed, a lit logo would be nice. I have the swinks frame, but it just looks bare back there. Anybody do anything there?

#1012 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Need for someone to make a roof for behind the MikeD mod. No lights shining down needed, a lit logo would be nice. I have the swinks frame, but it just looks bare back there. Anybody do anything there?

I took a piece of black cardboard, cut it to size and fitted it behind the display. Works great, easy to do at zero costs and the back is covered. Have the swinks frame to.

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Wife and I got around to installing the LCD Color DMD last night. Install and software update was a breeze, new graphics are looking mighty sharp! This is probably my favorite pin so far.

Have colordmd reworked their software to include the new code graphics ?

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Ive been holding off too, until i get clear definition.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I think it's too soon for them to, since we will most likely get another update to fix oi mania.

I noticed the colordmd rom also does not colorize all high score achievements and also stops colorizing when bonus count goes above 25x.

Rob

#1016 6 years ago

I've had another problem on my Luci for quite a while now, but I'm finally getting around to fixing it. The band member coil is sticking. It works absolutely fine in test mode and has no binding when actuated by hand. But in game mode the coil stays energized a little longer than test which seems to cause it to mechanically/magnetically stick. Has anyone else had this trouble?

Rob

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I've had another problem on my Luci for quite a while now, but I'm finally getting around to fixing it. The band member coil is sticking. It works absolutely fine in test mode and has no binding when actuated by hand. But in game mode the coil stays energized a little longer than test which seems to cause it to mechanically/magnetically stick. Has anyone else had this trouble?
Rob

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-band-mech-not-returning-consistantly

#1018 6 years ago

Basic part number question time:

I'm having problems with my lower playfield standup targets. They get out misaligned and stop working all the time -- at least the outside 2, even after tightening them as much as possible.

This game gets a lot of play, so my plan is to replace the worn out target assemblies. I figured I could find the part # in the manual, but I'm having no luck. Can anyone tell me what kind of target I need? A link to the item at Pinball Life would be ideal.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think this is it, but correct me if I'm wrong.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1732

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Basic part number question time:
I'm having problems with my lower playfield standup targets. They get out misaligned and stop working all the time -- at least the outside 2, even after tightening them as much as possible.
This game gets a lot of play, so my plan is to replace the worn out target assemblies. I figured I could find the part # in the manual, but I'm having no luck. Can anyone tell me what kind of target I need? A link to the item at Pinball Life would be ideal.
Thanks!
EDIT: I think this is it, but correct me if I'm wrong.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1732

I'm going to try these ... they advised to use the 2 piece splint.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm going to try these ... they advised to use the 2 piece splint.

I put lock washers on the target screws and tightened them pretty good. I did something similar on Iron Man Whiplash targets and they have been good since.

Rob

#1021 6 years ago

Some were using locktight on the screws.

#1022 6 years ago

I didn't like that you had to glue the splints together so I made my own snap fit that also uses a screw to hold together and another that zip ties.

Brian

20180309_202053 (resized).jpg20180309_202053 (resized).jpg

20180310_135904 (resized).jpg20180310_135904 (resized).jpg

20180310_112119 (resized).jpg20180310_112119 (resized).jpg

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

I didn't like that you had to glue the splints together so I made my own snap fit that also uses a screw to hold together and another that zip ties.
Brian

Nice - you should make those and sell them. I'd buy a set. Looks good.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm in.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks guys, it's more of an improvement of Mezels splints. I feel like it would be a douche move to sell then without reaching out to them first. I also made some for older Williams machine that are 100 percent my design. I will let you guys know what happens. One way or another we can make these available. I have a few more improvements I'd like to make also.

Brian

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from bpull:

Thanks guys, it's more of an improvement of Mezels splints. I feel like it would be a douche move to sell then without reaching out to them first. I also made some for older Williams machine that are 100 percent my design. I will let you guys know what happens. One way or another we can make these available. I have a few more improvements I'd like to make also.
Brian

Understood. For what it's worth, I ask Mezel if one of theirs would work on my F14 center kill targets and they said it would not. Looking forward for an update.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Understood. For what it's worth, I ask Mezel if one of theirs would work on my F14 center kill targets and they said it would not. Looking forward for an update.

I will be making these available for Williams targets soon, testing in progress.

Brian

20180310_132722 (resized).jpg20180310_132722 (resized).jpg

20180310_132944 (resized).jpg20180310_132944 (resized).jpg

#1028 6 years ago

I just got my AC/DC Luci Vault. Can someone tell me if the lower play field window is adjustable? Mine needs to come up a bit to get flush with the play field.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just got my AC/DC Luci Vault. Can someone tell me if the lower play field window is adjustable? Mine needs to come up a bit to get flush with the play field.

Obviously the new lower windows can be removed. Mine was flush all the way around. I suspect you could remove the play field and place a shim in the location that its not flush?

#1031 6 years ago

Hey guys. Just got my Luci Vault and I’m having issues with the cannon. It’s loud and it hangs up/catches. I inspected and can’t find anything binding. See video. Any ideas? Should I reach out to stern and have them send me a new assembly?

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey guys. Just got my Luci Vault and I’m having issues with the cannon. It’s loud and it hangs up/catches. I inspected and can’t find anything binding. See video. Any ideas? Should I reach out to stern and have them send me a new assembly?
» YouTube video

Check that the set screw is tight on the underside of the playfield where the cannon shaft connects

#1033 6 years ago

Back in the club and wont be leaving. Stern did a great job on this vault edition. I really like the new window and angled speakers/dmd panel. Time to add a colodmd and few other tasteful mods.

#1034 6 years ago

Only 5 left - get one before they are gone for good!

Band Roof Mod

#1035 6 years ago

** Vault Edition: Distinctions From Original-Run Premiums? **

I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads, but do Vault owners know, specifically, what improvements over the original-run Premiums were made for the Vault Edition? At this point the only constructive change I know of was to make the lens/window that covers the Underworld lower PF removable, rather than fixed.

What other changes were made? Were the faces of recently-revealed-to-be-racist band members' faces deleted from the translite photo assemblage? While interesting, if that's true, I'm more interested in gameplay and PF changes.

Thanks.

J

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I apologize if this has already been covered in other threads, but do Vault owners know, specifically, what improvements over the original-run Premiums were made for the Vault Edition? At this point the only constructive change I know of was to make the lens/window that covers the Underworld lower PF removable, rather than fixed.
What other changes were made? Were the faces of recently-revealed-to-be-racist band members' faces deleted from the translite photo assemblage? While interesting, if that's true, I'm more interested in gameplay and PF changes.
Thanks.
J

Not much. Led tube in backbox.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not much. Led tube in backbox.

That tube is LED? I assumed it was fluorescent.

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Thanks.
J

The auto-launch mech in the vault is the newer "improved" version. Also different lockdown bar mechs, smaller subwoofer in Vaults. The Original also had incandescent flashers and my guess is that the Vault uses LED flashers throughout?

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

» YouTube video

Hard to tell from vid if it is rubbing against the plastic ball return... if so, unscrew the plastic ramp (see photo) and move it away from cannon.

6B9DE788-45E3-454A-AC82-DB349714AFD2 (resized).jpeg6B9DE788-45E3-454A-AC82-DB349714AFD2 (resized).jpeg

#1040 6 years ago

Luci got here over the weekend

D0160BD8-D7A2-4829-A1AB-0CB96ECA726E (resized).jpegD0160BD8-D7A2-4829-A1AB-0CB96ECA726E (resized).jpeg

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Hard to tell from vid if it is rubbing against the plastic ball return... if so, unscrew the plastic ramp (see photo) and move it away from cannon.

Ha! I was just coming back to post the fix. You are correct. That is exactly what was happening. I actually couldn’t adjust the ramp any more so I just gave it a little trim with an exacting knife. Looks perfect and plays great now. Good eye!

#1042 6 years ago

So I’ve read that the Bell is supposed to swing when using a VIP pass or making shots during hells bells. Mine does neither. I tested the Bell magnet in test mode and it works like it should. Is this normal? Did this get changed with the recent code update? Am I crazy?

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

So I’ve read that the Bell is supposed to swing when using a VIP pass or making shots during hells bells. Mine does neither. I tested the Bell magnet in test mode and it works like it should. Is this normal? Did this get changed with the recent code update? Am I crazy?

I have read others reporting that with the new code the bell doesn’t swing anymore

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have read others reporting that with the new code the bell doesn’t swing anymore

Really? Well that sucks but if that's the case at lease I know something isn't jacked up on my machine.

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Isn't that just due to the rule changes? You have to earn "AWARD BELL SHOT WITH V.I.P. PASS" first (4th "Stuff" award).

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Ha! I was just coming back to post the fix. You are correct. That is exactly what was happening. I actually couldn’t adjust the ramp any more so I just gave it a little trim with an exacting knife. Looks perfect and plays great now. Good eye!

Good to hear it was an easy fix! I had the same issue.

My Luci arrived yesterday and so far my fixes have been really minor.

I'm getting a ball hangup on the top right rollover, the rubbers are wide and if the ball rests in the playfield cutout for the switch, it will just sit there. I've seen others post about this... maybe a cliffy lane switch will fix it?

Ball is also getting stuck under the cannon sometimes. I'm sure this is an easy one as well.

Ball was getting stuck behind the bell until I realized I simply needed to screw it in all the way.

All in all I'm very impressed with the quality control of this VE.

#1047 6 years ago

printed today for the video mod

IMG_9312 (resized).jpgIMG_9312 (resized).jpg

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

printed today for the video mod

Are you going to sell these? If so have you figured out pricing? Will one have the ability to load their own video?

#1049 6 years ago

Quick question.

Does the LED come out easily from the train?

I have pulled it but it doesn't budge.

Want to put a frosted bulb in place of super bright blue one.

Thanks

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Quick question.
Does the LED come out easily from the train?
I have pulled it but it doesn't budge.
Want to put a frosted bulb in place of super bright blue one.
Thanks

I had to take the train off and get it from the bottom if I remember correctly when I switch out all of my bulbs for frosted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/21?hl=pinballology and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.