20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.
#951 6 years ago

On my recently acquired AC/DC Premium if I manage to get 2 balls up the right ramp in short succession when the canon is lit both balls will end up in the canon because the diverter isn't quick enough. This obviously causes a jam when the canon tries to rotate. Is this normal?

Edit, I've checked the switches either side of the diverter, both work fine. Seems to me the diverter only lifts when the switch in the canon is made and that's 4 or 5 inches past the diverter so if 2 balls are on the ramp only a few inches apart they are both going to be sent to the canon. Is this a design issue everyone has to deal with ( glass off ) every so often when it happens or is there something else going on with my machine I'm missing? I have to believe my machine has an issue because when the canon jams if you don't open the coin door quick enough I would imagine the motor will burn out/blow a fuse etc.

#952 6 years ago

CHROME, laser-etched ACDC Roof Mod ready to go - final run folks! Call it the LUCI version (although it fits premiums too!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

IMG_4708 (resized).JPGIMG_4708 (resized).JPG

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

On my recently acquired AC/DC Premium if I manage to get 2 balls up the right ramp in short succession when the canon is lit both balls will end up in the canon because the diverter isn't quick enough. This obviously causes a jam when the canon tries to rotate. Is this normal?
Edit, I've checked the switches either side of the diverter, both work fine. Seems to me the diverter only lifts when the switch in the canon is made and that's 4 or 5 inches past the diverter so if 2 balls are on the ramp only a few inches apart they are both going to be sent to the canon. Is this a design issue everyone has to deal with ( glass off ) every so often when it happens or is there something else going on with my machine I'm missing? I have to believe my machine has an issue because when the canon jams if you don't open the coin door quick enough I would imagine the motor will burn out/blow a fuse etc.

Wow, a full week and not one reply Clearly I'm the first one this has happened to

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Wow, a full week and not one reply Clearly I'm the first one this has happened to

Sorry for a late response. This has happened a few times to me where two balls get stuck in the cannon. After the few attempts by the ball search, where the cannon is unable to move and it looks like it will not clear.....I wait another 10-15 seconds and then the cannon moves and the balls come out as they should. I've never had to remove the glass or open the coin door to correct the issue.

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Did you update the code that was released last week? In the release notes there's something that appears to address this issue.

#956 6 years ago

Yes I have the latest code, the issue I have is the canon literally can't rotate as its jammed by the 2nd ball and the ramp entrance. I'm worried the motor will burn out as its still trying to rotate the canon but is jammed. Is there a clutch mechanism?

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yes I have the latest code, the issue I have is the canon literally can't rotate as its jammed by the 2nd ball and the ramp entrance. I'm worried the motor will burn out as its still trying to rotate the canon but is jammed. Is there a clutch mechanism?

Check when the ball enters the cannon that the ball is not bouncing back of the switch slightly.

#958 6 years ago

Regarding two balls in the cannon. I stuck a circle of rubber on with double sided tape years ago and it's worked great ever since. The second ball drops down the inlane. (you can fire the cannon and have a shot with the right flipper at the same time!)

2012-09-21 13.11.40 (resized).jpg2012-09-21 13.11.40 (resized).jpg

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Regarding two balls in the cannon. I stuck a circle of rubber on with double sided tape years ago and it's worked great ever since. The second ball drops down the inlane. (you can fire the cannon and have a shot with the right flipper at the same time!)

Thanks, that looks like a good workaround, I'll try it when I get home. I'm surprised this isn't an issue for everybody though, and that the machine was put out with this issue ( and not fixed, or maybe it has been? ).

#960 6 years ago

Question: On a vault edition, would it be better to change the lower flipper rubber by unscrewing the top playfield screws of the lower playfield and removing the big insert or better to remove the lower playfield from the underneath?

#961 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

So, I sold my original about 3 years ago. Picked up my VE today. Very happy to be back in the club....

Nice! I no longer have your original, but picked up a different one last summer. Seems we both regretted getting rid of that machine

#962 6 years ago

Holy cow, I have always been sworn to Bally Williams games but when I saw an AC DC machine a few years ago I almost wet my pants. Have wanted one ever since, but even the Pro machines were too expensive. When the vault edition came out last year I nabbed a premium. It has been 4 months now and I play it EVERY DAY. Not going to load it up with toys, but had to do the thunder bolts, the cannon, the speakers, and the external volume control. BEST GAME EVER and YES I am a HUGE AC DC fan. Only bummer is no Bon Scott. I will have SR sign my instruction card at the TPF here in a few weeks..

#963 6 years ago

I smack the bell so much I’ve gotta get some loctite to keep it attached. Best mod I’ve installed was the flashing lightning bolts from Pinbits. My buddy and I installed them in about an hour. Beast mode when you smack those things.

4C16F429-914A-46BA-A245-3AF17AA01A27 (resized).jpeg4C16F429-914A-46BA-A245-3AF17AA01A27 (resized).jpeg

#964 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Best mod I’ve installed was the flashing lightning bolts from Pinbits.

Those are great. One of my favorites too.

I also did the Luci translite with Cointaker backbox kit and that speaker pannel is pretty cool

#965 6 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Question: On a vault edition, would it be better to change the lower flipper rubber by unscrewing the top playfield screws of the lower playfield and removing the big insert or better to remove the lower playfield from the underneath?

I own an original run and it's quite easy to remove the lower playfield. A few plugs and a few screws and you're good. I put all Titans on it, waxed it, changed out that pitted Stern ball, and swapped the horn LEDS to reds.

#966 6 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

My buddy and I just unscrewed the top playfield and replaced my flipper rubbers, waxed up the field, tossed in a new ball (yesterday)......it took less than 90 seconds to get it off from the top. You don't even have to unscrew them all the way, half way up is enough. Let me know how it goes.

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I own an original run and it's quite easy to remove the lower playfield. A few plugs and a few screws and you're good. I put all Titans on it, waxed it, changed out that pitted Stern ball, and swapped the horn LEDS to reds.

Gotta swap those LED's in the horns!!!! Good recommendation!

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I also did the Luci translite with Cointaker backbox kit and that speaker pannel is pretty cool

Forgot the picture

20180224_215324 (resized).jpg20180224_215324 (resized).jpg

#969 6 years ago

Factory backbox lighting, Bon Scott translite

IMG_1186 (resized).JPGIMG_1186 (resized).JPG

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

With CC_Rider's encouragement, I removed the insert and replaced the flipper rubbers. I waxed it while I was in there. They are torx screws and need a T10 screwdriver. I used a manual one vs a drill bit. The rubber spacers stay on the screws when I lifted it out. I placed it on a small book in the middle of the insert so I could keep it face down and not let the screws fall out. Make sure you don't touch the underneath of the insert like I did, or you will need to clean them off. Actually, it may not a bad idea to clean it anyway. Afterwards, I put the insert back on the playfield and went around and hand tightened the screws and checked the leveling with the playfield. Hope this helps anyone else attempting to do this.

#971 6 years ago

I'm in the process of finally fixing the ACDC target bank on my game. It was getting really annoying that 20% of cannon shots were not dropping the targets. I've already done the TNT target bank, but the ACDC is a lot more work. To really be able to easily remove the bank, the mini playfield and left support bracket need to be out of the way. The mini playfield is easy to remove though.

The fix will involve shortening the target drop springs by about 3mm and moderately stetching out the push springs behind the targets.

Rob

20180228_182459 (resized).jpg20180228_182459 (resized).jpg

#972 6 years ago

Pull springs shortened....

Rob

20180228_194846 (resized).jpg20180228_194846 (resized).jpg

#973 6 years ago

The target bank is back together, but before I can reassemble the game, I need to fix the mini playfield targets. They need to be straightened and then the screws holding them together tightened.

Rob

20180228_234922 (resized).jpg20180228_234922 (resized).jpg

#974 6 years ago

Pinsiders -

Is there a way to turn down the coil strength of the AC/DC pop bumpers - they bang pretty darn hard.
I know in SPIKE systems, like GB you can turn down coil strength.

Thanks for any help.

#975 6 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

With CC_Rider's encouragement, I removed the insert and replaced the flipper rubbers. I waxed it while I was in there. They are torx screws and need a T10 screwdriver. I used a manual one vs a drill bit. The rubber spacers stay on the screws when I lifted it out. I placed it on a small book in the middle of the insert so I could keep it face down and not let the screws fall out. Make sure you don't touch the underneath of the insert like I did, or you will need to clean them off. Actually, it may not a bad idea to clean it anyway. Afterwards, I put the insert back on the playfield and went around and hand tightened the screws and checked the leveling with the playfield. Hope this helps anyone else attempting to do this.

Glad to hear it worked out well for you! Such an awesome mini playfield. With a fresh coat of wax it’s so fast!

#976 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The target bank is back together, but before I can reassemble the game, I need to fix the mini playfield targets. They need to be straightened and then the screws holding them together tightened.
Rob

Mezelmods has target splints for those that I'm going to eventually try. The targets just keep twisting on me.

#977 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mezelmods has target splints for those that I'm going to eventually try. The targets just keep twisting on me.

Same here. Mezel has two sizes of splints listed. Do you know which ones you need for the mini playfield?

#978 6 years ago
Quoted from Boiler415:

Same here. Mezel has two sizes of splints listed. Do you know which ones you need for the mini playfield?

A couple of months ago when I inquired, they said to get the 2 piece one as it is easier to install there. They did say however that "some" people on here have said that they used the one piece one to ensure that the splint would not bend over time. My next order with them, I'm just going to go with the 2 piece - easier is better in my book. If someone has a different experience with them, comments are welcome.

#979 6 years ago

Anyone worked out their new favourite song/strategy since installing latest update?

#980 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

A couple of months ago when I inquired, they said to get the 2 piece one as it is easier to install there. They did say however that "some" people on here have said that they used the one piece one to ensure that the splint would not bend over time. My next order with them, I'm just going to go with the 2 piece - easier is better in my book. If someone has a different experience with them, comments are welcome.

2 piece for the square faced targets. 1 piece for the rectangle (smaller) targets, like the ones in front of the ramps.

1 piece will work but it requires you to soldier the connections. The 2 piece was designed for those that aren't comfortable soldiering.

#981 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone worked out their new favourite song/strategy since installing latest update?

The biggest change for me is that it took away the temptation to play Hells Bell's all day if I wanted guaranteed big points. I used to always start with War Machine and then play HB for the rest of my game, now Ill mix it up a lot more and actually play BIB. I still tend to gravitate towards a handful of songs but I'm getting to experience more of what the game has to offer. I like the extra strategy with the Devil Horn shots now as well. If you can get to where you can use the VIP passes to extend multipliers it can be quite lucrative!

#982 6 years ago

My AXE inserts and top playfield insert lights go out sometimes and I think I have a fuse going bad but I can't figure out in the manual what fuse that would be. Anyone have any advice?

#983 6 years ago

Can someone please explain the VIP passes to me?

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Can someone please explain the VIP passes to me?

Credits you for a shot. Normally, the most lucrative shot but that's not 100%.

Best to save them for multiball. Collect 4 of the 5 shots needed for your add a ball. Then avoid that shot. When your 2nd ball drains hit the VIP to collect the last add a ball shot to basically extend MB.

#985 6 years ago

How many AC DC Premium and Premium VE machines were made?

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Credits you for a shot. Normally, the most lucrative shot but that's not 100%.
Best to save them for multiball. Collect 4 of the 5 shots needed for your add a ball. Then avoid that shot. When your 2nd ball drains hit the VIP to collect the last add a ball shot to basically extend MB.

Thanks. So how do you hit the VIP?

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Thanks. So how do you hit the VIP?

Button on the Lock bar.

You get them from skill shots and in longer balls combos.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Button on the Lock bar.
You get them from skill shots and in longer balls combos.

Cool. Thanks

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from Tbachli:

How many AC DC Premium and Premium VE machines were made?

That's a question a lot of us would like to know the answer to....but Stern does not release it's production numbers.

#990 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

That's a question a lot of us would like to know the answer to....but Stern does not release it's production numbers.

Afraid to be compared to the past I wonder? I read that AC DC was the most popular Stern title, but how would we verify?

#991 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Nice! I no longer have your original, but picked up a different one last summer. Seems we both regretted getting rid of that machine

Yes.....lol. Its definitely a staple in the collection

#992 6 years ago

Looking to rejoin the club, I regret getting rid of mine as well

#993 6 years ago

shameless plug... for anyone wanting an original HUO premium... here is your chance. And for one heck of a price as well!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/59708 located in 44720, Northeast, Ohio. Take a look and let me know if any questions.

(Selling because it was part of a package deal, and I have a Luci:VE coming.)

#994 6 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Looking to rejoin the club, I regret getting rid of mine as well

There are a few of us who regret letting ACDC go. Least you have some options now

#995 6 years ago

** Star Wars vs. AC/DC? **

I know it's not the best comparison, and I know "vs" threads are irritating to many, but I would love to hear from any AC/DC Premium owners who also happen to have a SW Premium.

(The more obvious thread is a comparison between MET Premium and AC/DC Premium - which I've read, with keen interest.)

I'm shopping for a HUO pin and these two are presently the strongest contenders offered for sale in my region.

Thanks in advance for any/all opinions on how the two titles compare and if, in your case, one gets more plays in your collection than the other.

#996 6 years ago

Installed full new Playfield with crystal clear window signed by Steve Ritchie and the invisible cross over ramp

F0595F6B-C549-419C-BB4E-591BF23A10EC (resized).jpegF0595F6B-C549-419C-BB4E-591BF23A10EC (resized).jpeg

FF8D86A9-9A09-44AD-A595-D4CE4EE1F5D7 (resized).jpegFF8D86A9-9A09-44AD-A595-D4CE4EE1F5D7 (resized).jpeg

6BFF8028-B700-46B1-9F8A-774E710034E3 (resized).jpeg6BFF8028-B700-46B1-9F8A-774E710034E3 (resized).jpeg

C2360F0D-7F54-40C9-B922-9DBC238A2B16 (resized).jpegC2360F0D-7F54-40C9-B922-9DBC238A2B16 (resized).jpeg

7956BD29-BFE5-46F9-A651-64136D4D601F (resized).jpeg7956BD29-BFE5-46F9-A651-64136D4D601F (resized).jpeg

#997 6 years ago

Where did you get that clear crossover ramp?

#998 6 years ago

Unfortunately it’s not available to buy. Was a private non commercial designed mod by a German flippermarkt follower and he made only 4 pcs. But I’m sure by taking that idea it would be easy to find someone in USA who could rebuild this.
Especially people with experience in creating ramps can do that easy.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Unfortunately it’s not available to buy. Was a private non commercial designed mod by a German flippermarkt follower and he made only 4 pcs. But I’m sure by taking that idea it would be easy to find someone in USA who could rebuild this.
Especially people with experience in creating ramps can do that easy.

I would like to have one of those. Yours looks very nice.

#1000 6 years ago

Yeah I’d be all over that too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/20?hl=tbachli and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.