20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.
#901 6 years ago

Just semi-joined the club. Put a deposit down on a Luci. First NIB game, and i'm pretty excited. Wife is somewhat neutral on the sexy demon girl. I explained that she is purple and has horns, so it's not really provocative. I personally think the Helen translite is nicer, but perhaps too "nipply" for a family game.

#902 6 years ago

Few Band Roof Mods left....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

2017-12-31_12-18-14 (resized).jpg2017-12-31_12-18-14 (resized).jpg

2017-12-31_12-20-47 (resized).jpg2017-12-31_12-20-47 (resized).jpg

2017-12-31_12-37-32 (resized).jpg2017-12-31_12-37-32 (resized).jpg

IMG_4454 (resized).JPGIMG_4454 (resized).JPG

#903 6 years ago

Just wanted to give a shout out to cpr9999 for his band roof mod. I got it yesterday and installed it in my Premium VE last night. It really is a nice looking and easy to install addition. I was glad to cover up that hole in the upper right corner. The installation video he provides on YouTube gives you with all the information you need to know.

So far have gone with the ColorDMD (LED) upgrade and installed the CoinTaker shaker motor (set at the most conservative setting so it does not turn on as much). The ColorDMD upgrades are great. You see things that you easily can miss with the mono color dmd. I have since put one on my TWD Pro and my TFTC. Eating lots of ramen to pay for them! LOL. Still on the fence about the cliffy and so far just using a few pieces of well placed mylar on the wear spots. On a HUO I'm thinking that is good enough for now. Otherwise, what a great game.

#904 6 years ago

Can you post a video of the LED color dmd? Only ever seen a LCD....interested to see if there is a noticeable difference.

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Can you post a video of the LED color dmd? Only ever seen a LCD....interested to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Problem is that this video doesn’t do the led display any justice ☺️ Colors with led are more vivid as with lcd and contrast is better. LCD however gives the possibility of upscaling and some people find the brightness of led to much.

#906 6 years ago

Too bad you don't have some available for the MikeD LCD mod corner. All it would need would be a lighted logo ... nothing shining down on the LCD mod.

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

» YouTube video
Problem is that this video doesn’t do the led display any justice ☺️ Colors with led are more vivid as with lcd and contrast is better. LCD however gives the possibility of upscaling and some people find the brightness of led to much.

Thanks for showing that. To me the bottom lcd is so much better. Mine should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

#908 6 years ago

Speaking of the LCD Color DMDs, does anyone have an idea or mod on how to change the view angle? My Star Trek points up as it is a new metal dmd/speaker cover, where my olderwooden DMD/speaker cover for AC/DC points downwards. Causes the LCD to be noticeably dimmer when they are side by side. I have the brightness turned up for AC/DC. But if i play with my chin on the lockdown bar, looks really bright I am sure it's a view angle issue, wondering if something was done previously?

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Speaking of the LCD Color DMDs, does anyone have an idea or mod on how to change the view angle? My Star Trek points up as it is a new metal dmd/speaker cover, where my olderwooden DMD/speaker cover for AC/DC points downwards. Causes the LCD to be noticeably dimmer when they are side by side. I have the brightness turned up for AC/DC. But if i play with my chin on the lockdown bar, looks really bright I am sure it's a view angle issue, wondering if something was done previously?

I just sent an email to colordmd about this. I bought 2 new colordmd and the panels have poor viewing angles. Anyone watching play from the side will see about a 50% reduction in brightness. Two displays I bought 3+ years ago have great viewing angles.

Rob

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for showing that. To me the bottom lcd is so much better. Mine should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

I own both LED and LCD displays.

Seriously, the video cannot accurately capture the true appearance. The LCD doesn't look nearly that bright, nor does my LED look anything like that video.

The recorded image completely misrepresents color, and creates an extreme pinpoint effect that is not accurate in person.

If you had both in person, the LED is so much better. You can only know if you had both side by side in person.

Only get LCD if you like smoothing.

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Seriously, the video cannot accurately capture the true appearance. The LCD doesn't look nearly that bright, nor does my LED look anything like that video.
The recorded image completely misrepresents color, and creates an extreme pinpoint effect that is not accurate in person.
If you had both in person, the LED is so much better. You can only know if you had both side by side in person.

But you have versatility with lcd. I can chooses dots or smoothing from hires or scan. With led, you are limited to dots only.

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

But you have versatility with lcd. I can chooses dots or smoothing from hires or scan. With led, you are limited to dots only.

Exactly. I like DOTS XL mode on all of my pins that are ColorDMD LCD panel equipped (AFM,MM, & IJ). I've got an ColorDMD LED panel in my CV, and the colors really do "POP" as they're so vivid, but you're stuck with dots with quite a bit of black in between them. Therefore, I prefer the LCD panels.

However, any color display (whether LCD or LED) is better than no color display IMO.

#913 6 years ago

I have led in my tftc, it’s great, but just not as good as the lcd I have in my other games.

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I agree. That’s why I mentioned the video doesn’t do the led any justice plus it’s mentioned in the video description.

Led us more vivid as lcd but lcd offers more options. Matter of taste in the end. Both are great in their own way so there isn’t a wrong choice fortunately

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Exactly. I like DOTS XL mode on all of my pins that are ColorDMD LCD panel equipped (AFM,MM, & IJ). I've got an ColorDMD LED panel in my CV, and the colors really do "POP" as they're so vivid, but you're stuck with dots with quite a bit of black in between them. Therefore, I prefer the LCD panels.
However, any color display (whether LCD or LED) is better than no color display IMO.

Thank you for this information. That was a concern of mine, too much black in between on the LED. Dots XL eliminates much of that.

#916 6 years ago

So anyone know if more ACDC Vault Premiums, Non-Luci Version, are going to be run?

#917 6 years ago

New Owner! Great game!

I have a couple of tech issues/help requested. It is a Vault Edition.

1. The LED bulb in the backglass sometimes does not light. It will sometimes flash momentarily when I turn on the game and then go black. I tried adjusting the white bulb holders and moving them, and re-inserting the bulb. This will work, but then maybe a day later same issue. Any adjustment ideas?

2. TNT single target behind drops does not register during TNT song. It works, but you really have to push it with your finger to make it go off in the switch test. A ball hitting it does not make it go off. Best way to adjust it to increase sensitivity?

Thanks!

#918 6 years ago

Just joined

27747288_10155940385734693_1604540498_o (resized).jpg27747288_10155940385734693_1604540498_o (resized).jpg

#919 6 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

New Owner! Great game!
I have a couple of tech issues/help requested. It is a Vault Edition.
1. The LED bulb in the backglass sometimes does not light. It will sometimes flash momentarily when I turn on the game and then go black. I tried adjusting the white bulb holders and moving them, and re-inserting the bulb. This will work, but then maybe a day later same issue. Any adjustment ideas?
2. TNT single target behind drops does not register during TNT song. It works, but you really have to push it with your finger to make it go off in the switch test. A ball hitting it does not make it go off. Best way to adjust it to increase sensitivity?
Thanks!

Been a long time since I've looked at that target so if my memory is wrong please forgive me. If my memory is correct that target is under the plastics that make up the TNT box. It's not hard to remove that box but does take a bit of time. I think you need to remove the cross over to get it off.

#920 6 years ago

Anyone have the Mike D mod along with a color dmd? Want to know if this will work and whether or not I’ll overload the 5v? Input is appreciated thanks.

#921 6 years ago

I got the Mike D mod with my game, uninstalled. I like the dancing band. Guess I should sell it.

#922 6 years ago

Just got done installing my Pinnovators speakers on my VE. I miss that 10" sub.

Next will be the color dmd and hooked lighting bolts.

Still debating on toppers

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I got the Mike D mod with my game, uninstalled. I like the dancing band. Guess I should sell it.

Gryszzz,
You can have both! The plug for dancing band isn’t used for the mod. I thought about putting it somewhere and having it running with the game vs. selling it. Haven’t had time to figure it out.
If anyone has a conbo of this and color dmd lcd please share your input. Thanks

#924 6 years ago

metallik ....oi buddy! You know anything about running Mike D video mod and color dmd on 5v?
Guzz I'm not sure where it would fit if I left dancery band in. Shake a leg Angus. SHAKE IT!

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

metallik ....oi buddy! You know anything about running Mike D video mod and color dmd on 5v?
Guzz I'm not sure where it would fit if I left dancery band in. Shake a leg Angus. SHAKE IT!

I have a smartdmd and PinballmikeD mod bit inpeper them externally. Very easy to do. Left of the coin door you will find a two wire plug, 1 black and 1 white, which will carry the main voltage if game is switched on. Just hook up here a 5V USB power supply and you are ready to go

#926 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I have a smartdmd and PinballmikeD mod bit inpeper them externally. Very easy to do. Left of the coin door you will find a two wire plug, 1 black and 1 white, which will carry the main voltage if game is switched on. Just hook up here a 5V USB power supply and you are ready to go

Any links to what you are describing or perhaps a picture or two of this installed? Thanks.

#927 6 years ago

Its this connector. Just hook it up with a ‘wallsocket’ in which you plug regular 115/230VAc power supply as you do in every wall socket in your house and you have extra power switched off on automatic with your pinball.

A6364F05-0586-4FA5-837A-8A0C277BFD4E (resized).jpegA6364F05-0586-4FA5-837A-8A0C277BFD4E (resized).jpeg

#928 6 years ago

Anyone know if I can put that Mike D in my I500? That'd be tits. Literally.

#929 6 years ago

Not sure if you guys actually call that plug a "wallsocket" (never heard that term) but that's a great description and great explanation Rensh.

#930 6 years ago

Rensh,
So is that plug an AC circuit? You convert that into a wall socket and from there get a 5v power supply and connect that to mods?

Anyone know if the Mike D mod runs off 5 volts?

#931 6 years ago

There’s 5v to the right of the coindoor, 3 pin connector, 12v there too. The middle wire is 5v, ground is on the round part of the connector.

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Rensh,
So is that plug an AC circuit? You convert that into a wall socket and from there get a 5v power supply and connect that to mods?
Anyone know if the Mike D mod runs off 5 volts?

That’s indeed an AC circuit. Biggest advantage over the connector at the right side of the coin door which is carrying 5 and 12 VDC is that you don’t put an extra burden on the pinball powersupply.

Trying to remember but I think it’s just 5VDC indeed. Checked Mikes threat at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-–-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/9 and appears to be indeed 5V. I was always puzzled why he controls this AC supply with a relay to switch off on, guess he didn’t know of the connector at the left of the coin door.

And even if you need also 12VDC, just add another wall socket for a AC to 12VDC converter and you are set to go. Plenty of those around on eBay.

#933 6 years ago

I received my machine a few days ago and a friend just asked me about the live music option which I knew nothing about. I found a setting but it just says none. I have v1.68 installed, am I missing something?

#934 6 years ago

Rensh, thanks for the tips. I’ll look into that if needed. Much appreciated.

Kevlar,
Maybe I’m missing something but the live songs are available in jukebox mode when holding the flipper button during attract mode. The cannon button on lockdown bar toggles live tracks with studio tracks. As far as in game live music I’m not sure if that is possible, it might be but I don’t know.

#935 6 years ago

Rensh
Been thinking about the power setup. Wondering if this makes sense and would work?
Currently I have multiple 2/3 way splitters running off the right side coins door. Powering Mike D, flipper buttons, backbox light kit, speaker lights etc. that’s why I was hesitant about adding Color DMD because of this.

I located the 2 prong black and white plug on left...it’s plugged into something but I think it’s for a dollar bill validator so not worried about losing that.

So if I took AC black and white wire plug on left side of machine and wired it up a switching power supply (Suzo Happ or some other brand) then literally ran a 5v 12v and ground line off the power supply with a 3 pin female molex connector on the end. Then could I literally just disconnect the 1st splitter of the chain of mods on the right side of the machine and connect the entire mod chain to the left side just by plugging into the “new” connector coming off the switching power supply? So literally take all mods off machine load and move to exterior power supply that I would install in bottom of cabinet.
It might be similar to what you did. Or I could split the mods on each side. Thoughts on if this is a good solution and it would work? Thanks!

#936 6 years ago

That will work.

I think at least you are referring to a power supply like ebay.com link: 0

This one is for 12VDC, you will also need one for 5VDC. Or a combo one.

For mikes mod I think you need something where you can hook up a USB cable so you use for that something like ebay.com link: 0

You Just have to check how many amps mike mods needs.

#937 6 years ago

Yes that power supply is exactly what I am talking about. I have one that has 5v and 12v combo. What I may do is leave mikes mod alone, powered by the game. I can run everything else off the external power supply. I believe mikes mod needs 1amp or 2. I already have his usb converter so I’ll probably just leave it alone. Thanks Rensh for the help! Much appreciated !

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I received my machine a few days ago and a friend just asked me about the live music option which I knew nothing about. I found a setting but it just says none. I have v1.68 installed, am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything. The option doesn't do anything and cannot be changed.

Rob

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Rensh, thanks for the tips. I’ll look into that if needed. Much appreciated.
Kevlar,
Maybe I’m missing something but the live songs are available in jukebox mode when holding the flipper button during attract mode. The cannon button on lockdown bar toggles live tracks with studio tracks. As far as in game live music I’m not sure if that is possible, it might be but I don’t know.

Lyman put it in the menu in the last code update setting up for live songs.
It appeared the next code update would allow you to choose live songs, however that was the end of any more updates and it was never finished.

#940 6 years ago

The MikeD mod comes with a switch that plugs into the 120v service outlet on the switch. Then pin power triggers the normally closed switch to open and send power to the MikeD mod components. So the only power it uses from the pin is to trigger the switch relay. I really like it. No it will not work on another pin or on a pro machine. Just premium and LE.

#941 6 years ago

Stern just Posted new code on Facebook 1.70

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Way cool! I can't wait to see what's in it. I'm looking forward to my Luci VE arriving even more now.

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

#944 6 years ago

Where are all the AC/DC fans at? I expected this thread to be lit the eff UP. F**KING CODE!!! UNEXPECTED AWESOME AMAZING LYMAN SHEETS IS DA SHEETZ CODE!!! WAKE THE HECK UP PEOPLE. MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS FINE!

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Where are all the AC/DC fans at? I expected this thread to be lit the eff UP. F**KING CODE!!! UNEXPECTED AWESOME AMAZING LYMAN SHEETS IS DA SHEETZ CODE!!! WAKE THE HECK UP PEOPLE. MY CAPSLOCK KEY IS FINE!

There’s a separate thread on it.

#946 6 years ago

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO UPDATE
WE SALUTE YOU

#947 6 years ago

FIRE!

#948 6 years ago

Tommy Tealsenberg I play a few everyday on this gal and yer log cover still lookin good. Really surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet.
Thanks again bud!

#949 6 years ago

Yesss!

With AC/DC AND MET now at 1.70,
I’m in rock n roll heaven!!

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tommy Tealsenberg I play a few everyday on this gal and yer log cover still lookin good. Really surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet.
Thanks again bud!

Surprised it hasn't fallen apart?! That is quality right there, bro!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.