By MMforever

3 years ago

Stats

• 870 posts
  • 166 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by pinstadium
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 188 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171215_155453 (resized).jpg
2B6BE3DD-98E0-429D-A62C-CA1BBA2410FD (resized).jpeg
ACDC comparison (resized).jpg
IMG_7294 (resized).JPG
IMG_7291 (resized).JPG
IMG_7304 (resized).PNG
IMG_7302 (resized).JPG
IMG_7303 (resized).PNG
IMG_20171013_085744696 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171013_085748285 (resized).jpg
20171010_131224 (resized).jpg
20171009_233132 (resized).jpg
20171009_233107 (resized).jpg
20171009_232246 (resized).jpg
20171009_233607 (resized).jpg
FE7455FD-9707-4B05-AE30-CA6117115074 (resized).jpeg

There are 870 posts in topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
#851 12 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The recent TWD update makes me wonder why Lyman never went back to ACDC like he has for TWD and MET? I'm thinking about selling ACDC and getting a TWD premium.
Rob

Wonder if he will do a surprise final update?

Mini wizard after 6 songs would be great but unlikely.

Don't cannon modes need work on them?

#852 12 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

mini wizard mode for completing 6 songs

My idea for Premium mini-Wizard Mode:
Multiball mode where completing the lower playfield shots lights the juke box for a jackpot. Shots to the Bell would be required to launch the ball on the lower playfield(and to relaunch after a lower playfield drain), thus you would have to "juggle" main and lower playfield simultaneously.

#853 12 days ago

Where are you guys setting your outlanes? I am getting a lot of side drains, I have been working on my nudging but I am considering closing my outlanes to the tightest setting.

#854 12 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Where are you guys setting your outlanes? I am getting a lot of side drains, I have been working on my nudging but I am considering closing my outlanes to the tightest setting.

I set the posts to the lowest spot (most closed). I would say do it.

Rob

#855 12 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder if he will do a surprise final update?
Mini wizard after 6 songs would be great but unlikely.
Don't cannon modes need work on them?

I've been hoping for 3 or 4 years there would be another decent update... Maybe he just doesn't like the game as much as TWD or MET?

Rob

#856 11 days ago

Having a problem with a new AC/DC vault, the ball gets stuck on the 3 AXE lanes up top. It's not the switch, you can see the ball rolls over the switch and then gets stuck on where the slot is routed out in the wood playfield. I don't want to start filing anything so thought I wold ask here if this is common and if there is a fix. I have to raise the back legs up really too high to get it to stop and would rather not have to do this, makes the game too fast. TIA

#857 8 days ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Sorry if it's been documented before but any of you clearcoated their AC/DC? Pictures?

I was thinking about this too and then the other day I was at Trent’s from Tilt Amusements and he sells a full playfield protecter just for AC/DC and it looked incredible. You do have to take some things off but nothing like you would to clear. It looked and felt really nice and high quality. http://www.tiltamusements.com

#858 8 days ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Sorry if it's been documented before but any of you clearcoated their AC/DC? Pictures?

One of the members on another forum I'm on has...

» YouTube video

#859 8 days ago
Quoted from NYP:

Having a problem with a new AC/DC vault, the ball gets stuck on the 3 AXE lanes up top. It's not the switch, you can see the ball rolls over the switch and then gets stuck on where the slot is routed out in the wood playfield. I don't want to start filing anything so thought I wold ask here if this is common and if there is a fix. I have to raise the back legs up really too high to get it to stop and would rather not have to do this, makes the game too fast. TIA

Is it possible it's getting caught on the rubbers from the lower part of the inlane? The inlanes are different top and bottom (one side is more oval shaped). When i shopped my game I got one backwards and it caused a ball hang up. If memory servers me correctly the oval side should be towards the bottom. Check that first.

Next, what is the pitch of the game? If it's not at min 6.5 I would increase to that pitch. The bubble level can be off so measure with a digital level. They are pretty cheap at hardware stores if you don't have one and are very handy to have.

If the top two don't solve this and you are 100% sure the ball is past the metal switch already then I'm fairly stumped. You would see an obvious flaw in the game for it to hold up a ball like.

#860 8 days ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I was thinking about this too and then the other day I was at Trent’s from Tilt Amusements and he sells a full playfield protecter just for AC/DC and it looked incredible. You do have to take some things off but nothing like you would to clear. It looked and felt really nice and high quality. http://www.tiltamusements.com

I just replaced my old scratched protector with a new on from Pinball Universe. Shines as hell and plays great.

Below picture is how the old protector looks after I gues 700-800 plays.

Can really advise such a protector to protect the big insert.

2B6BE3DD-98E0-429D-A62C-CA1BBA2410FD (resized).jpeg

#861 8 days ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I just added a full protector to my ACDCPREVE. Works like a charm and playfield looks fantastic!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steps-to-add-pf-protector-to-acdc

#862 7 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I just replaced my old scratched protector with a new on from Pinball Universe. Shines as hell and plays great.
Below picture is how the old protector looks after I gues 700-800 plays.
Can really advise such a protector to protect the big insert.

Yes that is the brand Trent had and he is now the distributor for them in the US. It was really high quality I agree. I’m glad that you got to test and compare them also. Thanks for the input on this.

#863 7 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

I just added a full protector to my ACDCPREVE. Works like a charm and playfield looks fantastic!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/steps-to-add-pf-protector-to-acdc

That’s a great write up and I thank you are right that nobody was any able to offer advice since it does “seem” intimidating until you have done it and your idea to trim some spots makes it a no brainer. Is this the Pinball Universe one on your AC/DC?

#864 7 days ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That’s a great write up and I thank you are right that nobody was any able to offer advice since it does “seem” intimidating until you have done it and your idea to trim some spots makes it a no brainer. Is this the Pinball Universe one on your AC/DC?

Its the guys in Germany - they ship very fast as well

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

#865 7 days ago
Quoted from MT45:

Its the guys in Germany - they ship very fast as well
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

Okay believe it’s the same people then:

http://pinball-universe.de

#866 6 days ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Okay believe it’s the same people then:
http://pinball-universe.de

I don’t think these are the same. Mine are from pinball Universe.

#867 6 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I don’t think these are the same. Mine are from pinball Universe.

Okay I wasn’t sure thanks. The ones I saw at Trent’s from Tilt Amusements are the Pinball Universe ones. He is now the US distributor for them. They looked amazing and I saw an AC/DC in process of an installation which made me want a set.

#868 12 hours ago

I'm back in the club, premium VE delivered today. Very good fit and finish, only minor adjustments needed. The window on the lower pf is so clear. Lots of mods planned for this one.

Trough light, pop bumper flasher, train flasher, backbox mod, undercab lights,, shaker, mirrors, external sub and more!

20171215_155453 (resized).jpg

#869 12 hours ago

I'm in the club to mine was delivered this morning a shout out to Trent at tilt amusement thanks.... AC DC Premium vault...

#870 6 hours ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm back in the club, premium VE delivered today. Very good fit and finish, only minor adjustments needed. The window on the lower pf is so clear. Lots of mods planned for this one.
Trough light, pop bumper flasher, train flasher, backbox mod, undercab lights,, shaker, mirrors, external sub and more!

Quoted from Geddy2112:

I'm in the club to mine was delivered this morning a shout out to Trent at tilt amusement thanks.... AC DC Premium vault...

Congrats to both of you on this. It is an incredible game agreed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 24.95
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 24.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Canton, OH
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 870 posts in topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside