20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 67.
#801 6 years ago

Stripped it down for a cleaning today. First time installing titan's translucent rubbers. Need some better leds but like the glow effect with the plastic protectors!
Holy crap is it fast and bouncy now!! Plays like a new game
Also finished the Helen treatment with spinner and apron stickers and cards.

20171009_233607 (resized).jpg20171009_233607 (resized).jpg

20171009_232246 (resized).jpg20171009_232246 (resized).jpg

20171009_233107 (resized).jpg20171009_233107 (resized).jpg

20171009_233132 (resized).jpg20171009_233132 (resized).jpg

#802 6 years ago

Question. Are any ofthese cards stock or are they all part of the Aurich Helen package? The top card has lower play field instructions while the bottom one doesn't?

20171010_131224 (resized).jpg20171010_131224 (resized).jpg

#803 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Question. Are any ofthese cards stock or are they all part of the Aurich Helen package? The top card has lower play field instructions while the bottom one doesn't?

Part of Aurich's set. Stock is just the standard Stern yellow pricing cards.

#804 6 years ago

Finally took the time to remove the lower pf and give it a proper cleaning. Aaaah. Much better.

IMG_20171013_085748285 (resized).jpgIMG_20171013_085748285 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171013_085744696 (resized).jpgIMG_20171013_085744696 (resized).jpg

#805 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Finally took the time to remove the lower pf and give it a proper cleaning. Aaaah. Much better.

How was it? I'm thinking after 12k plays, mine definitely needs it.

#806 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It's not too bad....I cleaned the window too....and put on mini Superbands...the stock flipper rubbers were looking sad.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-luuuuuv-luci-whos-in-the-club/page/11#post-3477826

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

It is really very easy. The plugs are pretty much only gonna fit where they belong, but being me, I labelled each side just so I couldn't screw up. About 6 connectors. Once it's off it is so much easier to clean right and adjust those damned stand-ups. I had done it before with all the wires connected and holding the mini pf with one hand. This was much better and only took a few minutes. Now that they are labeled I will be more likely to do it again when it needs it.

#808 6 years ago

Has anyone used the Stern anti-loft target backing plate: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1673

or mezelmods target splints on the lower playfield? https://mezelmods.com/collections/acdc-pinball-mods/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721

Half the time my targets move and don't register and I was wondering which worked better, and what exactly the Pinball Life ones do as I'd like to fix them. Thanks.

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Has anyone used the Stern anti-loft target backing plate: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1673
or mezelmods target splints on the lower playfield? https://mezelmods.com/collections/acdc-pinball-mods/products/stern-target-splints?variant=923513721
Half the time my targets move and don't register and I was wondering which worked better, and what exactly the Pinball Life ones do as I'd like to fix them. Thanks.

I'm having the same issue. My right stand-up target on the lower playfield (switch 52) never registers. I move it, tighten it up, then like 5 plays later it stops working. Anyone figure out how to fix this.

#810 6 years ago
Quoted from dr_spidey:

I'm having the same issue. My right stand-up target on the lower playfield (switch 52) never registers. I move it, tighten it up, then like 5 plays later it stops working. Anyone figure out how to fix this.

The target splints resolve this problem. This game and Tron is where my initial idea came from when I pitched it to Mezel Mods. My only regret is that i wish the price would have stayed where it initially was but they do solve the leaning target problems.

#811 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The target splints resolve this problem. This game and Tron is where my initial idea came from when I pitched it to Mezel Mods. My only regret is that i wish the price would have stayed where it initially was but they do solve the leaning target problems.

Good to know ... I will have to try them too.

#812 6 years ago

What’s up people, I’m excited to now be in the club! Great machine and really is like having a rock concert in a box.

I have a brand new, never installed Stern LE translucent red apron that I’m considering selling. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

#813 6 years ago

Just curious, how is the code on this game? Still major omissions or is everyone pretty happy where it is at?

#814 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hey Rob G. Fellow Saskatchewanan in da club

Welcome to the club!

Rob

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

The target splints resolve this problem. This game and Tron is where my initial idea came from when I pitched it to Mezel Mods.

Awesome, thanks for the details. It drives me nuts they shift right after adjusting them...

#816 6 years ago

Ok got a question, is an AC/DC Luci pinball a LE or Premium. And what is the difference between them?

Thx

#817 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Ok got a question, is an AC/DC Luci pinball a LE or Premium. And what is the difference between them?
Thx

It's a low production premium model with different cabinet art, different translite and different mini playfield art (has 2 women on it).

Rob

#818 6 years ago

I've been playing everyday since I've picked this game up and a few thoughts and comments and questions.

First off this game rocks! The theme is executed perfectly. Fast and fun. Love struggling to hold on, hitting the cannon ramp and getting a tiny break to regather myself for more fury.
I really enjoy playing different songs to change up how you play. I have my favorites but like mixing it up.
I like how it still kicks my ass. I can have a 100+ mil game and follow it up with a 10 mil game.
But I think what grabs me most is how every song has it's own high score. As a high score pig I love entering my initials and love trying to take down previous scores. Adds another level of challenge and one more game feel when you come oh so close.

Here's my issues and hopefully there are fixes or maybe just bugs?

1. The bell. Damn thing swings like crazy. Hit it hard and swings for like 30 sec and no other hits register as a hit until it slows down again.

2. Highway to hell. You shoot the cannon. It activates the lower playfield. After the lower is finished the cannon goes and randomly fires the cannon at the tnt targets. Makes it not worth the risk for something that doesn't score much.

3. haabptb. Again I like to play a song that activates the lower playfield but it shouldn't take away your ball save. The ball save should start after playing the lower playfield. Makes me not want to ever play that song when you end up with 300,000 measily points after a cheap drain.

Now my biggest question is, Are there magnets in the game? I was told no but when on the stern site going thru the differences in the premium to le models it mentions something about the bell being magnatized. Is it? I'm using silverjet super shiny balls and they aren't magnatized. Maybe that's why my bell doesn't stop?

These are all minor and really enjoy the game. Have only blown it up once with a 450 mil score. Couple games over 200 mil. Usually average around 80 to 100 mil I'm guessing. I do feel that with missing so many hits on the bell that I could have some really great games. Hopefully one or two of you guys have answers to my problems.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Keep on flipping

#819 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've been playing everyday since I've picked this game up and a few thoughts and comments and questions.
First off this game rocks! The theme is executed perfectly. Fast and fun. Love struggling to hold on, hitting the cannon ramp and getting a tiny break to regather myself for more fury.
I really enjoy playing different songs to change up how you play. I have my favorites but like mixing it up.
I like how it still kicks my ass. I can have a 100+ mil game and follow it up with a 10 mil game.
But I think what grabs me most is how every song has it's own high score. As a high score pig I love entering my initials and love trying to take down previous scores. Adds another level of challenge and one more game feel when you come oh so close.
Here's my issues and hopefully there are fixes or maybe just bugs?
1. The bell. Damn thing swings like crazy. Hit it hard and swings for like 30 sec and no other hits register as a hit until it slows down again.
2. Highway to hell. You shoot the cannon. It activates the lower playfield. After the lower is finished the cannon goes and randomly fires the cannon at the tnt targets. Makes it not worth the risk for something that doesn't score much.
3. haabptb. Again I like to play a song that activates the lower playfield but it shouldn't take away your ball save. The ball save should start after playing the lower playfield. Makes me not want to ever play that song when you end up with 300,000 measily points after a cheap drain.
Now my biggest question is, Are there magnets in the game? I was told no but when on the stern site going thru the differences in the premium to le models it mentions something about the bell being magnatized. Is it? I'm using silverjet super shiny balls and they aren't magnatized. Maybe that's why my bell doesn't stop?
These are all minor and really enjoy the game. Have only blown it up once with a 450 mil score. Couple games over 200 mil. Usually average around 80 to 100 mil I'm guessing. I do feel that with missing so many hits on the bell that I could have some really great games. Hopefully one or two of you guys have answers to my problems.
Thanks, appreciate it!
Keep on flipping

There is a magnet under the bell. I know it makes the bell swing if you hit the fire button when it's lit. I don't know if the magnet has anything to do with stopping the bell's swinging. (Doubt it)

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's a low production premium model with different cabinet art, different translite and different mini playfield art (has 2 women on it).
Rob

Thanks!

What's the difference in a LE vs Luci premium? More toys?

#821 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is a magnet under the bell. I know it makes the bell swing if you hit the fire button when it's lit. I don't know if the magnet has anything to do with stopping the bell's swinging. (Doubt it)

Without going back and rereading everything I remember something about adding a pad so it doesn't swing wildly? Maybe my magnet it out of place? I'll have to go look.

#822 6 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Thanks!
What's the difference in a LE vs Luci premium? More toys?

Le is the Luci. No difference in gameplay from the premium. Just art.

#823 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Yes, this can be annoying especially during multiball and you are trying to build/hold multipliers.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

2. Highway to hell. You shoot the cannon. It activates the lower playfield. After the lower is finished the cannon goes and randomly fires the cannon at the tnt targets. Makes it not worth the risk for something that doesn't score much

A missed opportunity in the rules perhaps. The lower playfield could build a jackpot which is then collected from a cannon shot to a specific location.

None of the lower playfield scoring is lucrative that I know of. And if there is, it's something I've never, ever noticed.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Perhaps another thing that could be adjusted in code. I never noticed the lower playfield not stopping ball save timer.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There's a magnet under the bell. It swings the bell if you use a VIP pass during HB. Other than that, I don't think it's used. The bell on my game swings a long time too.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Hopefully one or two of you guys have answers to my problems.

Rob

#825 6 years ago

The magnet moves when in hells bells.
All lit notes when hit will make the bell swing.
Its not there to slow the bell down.

#826 6 years ago

My wife is away so I cranked it up for the first time to 60. Holy hell, it's a new game!! House shaking, ears ringing. It's almost like you feel every shot. I don't think I can go back to 40.

If you haven't cranked this up yet, you need to! Now!

#827 6 years ago

Just thought that I would show the Pingraffix PowerBladez that I just installed on my ACDC Prem. The video on the Pingraffix site is the older first run version. They changed the color hue a bit to be more yellow than blue and I like it a lot better than what is in their original video. Some of the color is still a bit washed out in my video because of the bright lights, but the blades are not a over-whelming annoyance. They look real good and compliment the look of it when playing the lower playfield when most of the other lights are off. They are constantly running a random pattern and are not triggered by sound or sound levels. Glad I made the purchase.

1 week later
#828 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just thought that I would show the Pingraffix PowerBladez that I just installed on my ACDC Prem. The video on the Pingraffix site is the older first run version. They changed the color hue a bit to be more yellow than blue and I like it a lot better than what is in their original video. Some of the color is still a bit washed out in my video because of the bright lights, but the blades are not a over-whelming annoyance. They look real good and compliment the look of it when playing the lower playfield when most of the other lights are off. They are constantly running a random pattern and are not triggered by sound or sound levels. Glad I made the purchase.
» YouTube video

Hey thanks for posting that up, looks really incredible. Good video. I just installed the Pin Stadium set in my AC/DC Premium Vault. Here are some before and after pics. I chose to hook the UV+Glow flasher option up to the lighting bolt flashers as it gets more intense as each one hits and then when the last one is completed, wow! It took about 15 minutes to installed and all plug and play. Made a world of a difference. I shared my settings in the Pin Stadium app for those of you with this installed on your game.

IMG_7303 (resized).PNGIMG_7303 (resized).PNG

IMG_7302 (resized).JPGIMG_7302 (resized).JPG

IMG_7304 (resized).PNGIMG_7304 (resized).PNG

IMG_7291 (resized).JPGIMG_7291 (resized).JPG

IMG_7294 (resized).JPGIMG_7294 (resized).JPG

#829 6 years ago

Here's a good video walk-through

ACDC comparison (resized).jpgACDC comparison (resized).jpg

#830 6 years ago

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Listen to request #49 in the game rom....

Ok, ok... maybe it's not that 'special'.... or is it??

Rob

#831 6 years ago

Hey, everyone, I have some lights that are not working on my premium, all the fuses in the back box check out ok. Are there fuses under the PL. Lights out are the horns on the juke box, all three pop bumpers don,t light light when you select "You shook me" for a song choice, and the Fire button. I have checked in lamp test and none of them work there either. Thoughts.

#832 6 years ago

Sounds like you have may have a disconnected pcb adapter in the backbox. Take a look at all of them and see if they are snug or if one is coming off.

#833 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Sounds like you have may have a disconnected pcb adapter in the backbox. Take a look at all of them and see if they are snug or if one is coming off.

Thanks that will be my next thing to check. Cheers.

#834 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Thanks that will be my next thing to check. Cheers.

Any luck on finding the problem? I can look at mine to reference anything you need that may help.

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Any luck on finding the problem? I can look at mine to reference anything you need that may help.

I have checked all the connectors in the back box and under the play field going to check the fuses later today. Had not done that yet as I was waiting for my DMM to come from Amazon. I bought the game with some mod's and wonder if they might be/caused this problem....Helen topper, under cabinet lighting,speaker lighting, back box alternate lighting and thunderstruck lightning bolts with flashers behind them....Hmmm

#836 6 years ago

Oh forgot to add that the start button does not light up, it works but does not light and in test mode it comes up under tournament light..freakin weird....

#837 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Oh forgot to add that the start button does not light up, it works but does not light and in test mode it comes up under tournament light..freakin weird....

I would double check all fuses on the continuity setting of your DMM as with all of those mods it is possible that it blew something. The other thing to look for is to see if maybe some of those modes are using a piggy back adapter and Z style connector to tap power and maybe that came lose or a wire in it is coming out. Just some guesses and keep us posted.

It sounds like you likely have something simple going on but hard to find so no worries.

#839 6 years ago

RIP Malcolm

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I would double check all fuses on the continuity setting of your DMM as with all of those mods it is possible that it blew something. The other thing to look for is to see if maybe some of those modes are using a piggy back adapter and Z style connector to tap power and maybe that came lose or a wire in it is coming out. Just some guesses and keep us posted.
It sounds like you likely have something simple going on but hard to find so no worries.

I have checked all the fuses including those under the playfield...will check to see if the mode wiring is the issue. Thanks for all the input so far...will keep everyone updated.

#841 6 years ago

Looking for a cannnon to mod, anyone with an extra? I can trade some mods and make it worth your while.

#842 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

I have checked all the fuses including those under the playfield...will check to see if the mode wiring is the issue. Thanks for all the input so far...will keep everyone updated.

Sounds good and let us know. I'm sure it will be figured out soon. The mods are likely loose somewhere and multiple things are tied into them.

#843 6 years ago

Sorry if it's been documented before but any of you clearcoated their AC/DC? Pictures?

1 week later
#844 6 years ago

The recent TWD update makes me wonder why Lyman never went back to ACDC like he has for TWD and MET? I'm thinking about selling ACDC and getting a TWD premium.

Rob

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The recent TWD update makes me wonder why Lyman never went back to ACDC like he has for TWD and MET? I'm thinking about selling ACDC and getting a TWD premium.
Rob

I think at some point he'll do a final ACDC code release but I wouldn't hesitate to sell ACDC in favor of TWD. I own both and TWD is the better game all around and in a league of it's own. ACDC is probably still my 2nd favorite Stern though.

#846 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

I'd always be happy to see anything Lyman has up his sleeve, but what does ACDC need? Seems pretty complete to me...

Only things I'd like to see is nerfing Hells Bells scoring a bit, and something like an 'set break' mini wizard mode would be fun, half your way to encore. ACDC seems pretty complete as is, tho...

#847 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

I'd always be happy to see anything Lyman has up his sleeve, but what does ACDC need? Seems pretty complete to me...
Only things I'd like to see is nerfing Hells Bells scoring a bit, and something like an 'set break' mini wizard mode would be fun, half your way to encore. ACDC seems pretty complete as is, tho...

Yep. Nerf Hells Bells, balance out the scoring of the other songs a final time and a mini wizard mode for completing 6 songs and the code would be perfect!

#848 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think at some point he'll do a final ACDC code release but I wouldn't hesitate to sell ACDC in favor of TWD. I own both and TWD is the better game all around and in a league of it's own. ACDC is probably still my 2nd favorite Stern though.

Everyone has their own take on games, which is cool! I’ve owned both and the TWD Prem is long gone. I wouldn’t give up AC/DC for TWD. Just MO, however!

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

I don't think ACDC needs much, but like you said nerf HB and improve BIB. And show a scoring total for playing the lower playfield.

Rob

#850 6 years ago

When did "nerf" become a verb?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

16,500 (Firm)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.