Topic Stats

• 1,699 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by DirtyDeeds
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 355 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190319_101829 (resized).jpg
Lower Playfield Target Splints (resized).jpg
gray posts (resized).jpg
20190315_154133 (resized).jpg
20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
full frontal ACDC (resized).jpg
20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg
62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpeg
228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png
7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg
AC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpg
BFB77DFA-2F49-4D3C-9958-B149841F20A9 (resized).jpeg
A81437DD-C81D-42E6-8ECD-A2D90BF2E6F3 (resized).jpeg
20190205_172644 (resized).jpg
B2D3332D-7D3F-478F-AAD8-BEF7124F66D1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anybody have a red translucent apron for sale?

Is this what you're looking for?
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4603

#753 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Anybody have a red translucent apron for sale?

Stern sells them now, again. They've gone up on price to $100 from what I think was $60 before they stopped selling them last time. Not surprised, it is Stern after all...

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?ProductId=6559031

#754 1 year ago

Anyone have a spare angus they would sell ? Mine broke at the knee and now he's dangling away . I emailed stern , no response from them at all . This is twice now that I get radio silence from them on an email.

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from freezie:

Anyone have a spare angus they would sell ? Mine broke at the knee and now he's dangling away . I emailed stern , no response from them at all . This is twice now that I get radio silence from them on an email.

Seen a few broken off, including my partners pin.
You can't buy them separately.
My partner just glued hers back together.
That was a few years ago now. It's still working ok.

#756 1 year ago

Looking for some advice , my 3x and a couple of other leds off the led lamp board ( http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5324-05 ) are ghosting , and never completely go out , anyone have any ideas on where to look ? I replaced the board in the link but it didn't help at all .

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from freezie:

Looking for some advice , my 3x and a couple of other leds off the led lamp board ( http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5324-05 ) are ghosting , and never completely go out , anyone have any ideas on where to look ? I replaced the board in the link but it didn't help at all .

I don't have that particular issue, but I do see inserts briefly flicker on at random times when they shouldn't. For example, bonus count or when the cannon is loading. My game has always done that.

Rob

#758 1 year ago

How many blue GI bulbs are in the game? Were they 2 smd clears from the factory? It seems like I am lacking some blue....only have two. Thinking the rest were replaced with cool white as most of the game is white especially on the left side. After watching gameplay videos it seems as if I am missing blue.
Thanks for the help.

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

How many blue GI bulbs are in the game? Were they 2 smd clears from the factory? It seems like I am lacking some blue....only have two. Thinking the rest were replaced with cool white as most of the game is white especially on the left side. After watching gameplay videos it seems as if I am missing blue.
Thanks for the help.

Wherever there is a red, there should be a blue and a white typically. I changed out all of the bulbs on the one I had to frosted. The manual shows you where each color should go. Here is a layout for the blue.

AC -DC blue.pdf

#760 1 year ago

Thank you! ^^^^

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Wherever there is a red, there should be a blue and a white typically. I changed out all of the bulbs on the one I had to frosted. The manual shows you where each color should go. Here is a layout for the blue.

I replaced all of the GI on the playfield with frosted bulbs too. Even the lower mini playfield - it looks much better, and more color is dispersed.

#762 1 year ago
Quoted from freezie:

I might have one but I'm on vacation now. Pm me and I'll check when I get home in a few weeks

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I might have one but I'm on vacation now. Pm me and I'll check when I get home in a few weeks

I'm away on holidays as well , I will pm you when I get back , much thanks !

#764 1 year ago

Has anybody added their own lights or flashers under a clear transparent apron? I was wondering what GI or flashers you would want to hook up too.

#765 1 year ago

I tied into the ramp flashers. Makes for a really cool effect when the cannon is ready to be fired.

#766 1 year ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Has anybody added their own lights or flashers under a clear transparent apron? I was wondering what GI or flashers you would want to hook up too.

I tied into the cannon flasher as I often don't notice that the cannon is lit in the frenzy of keeping the ball in play.

#767 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a Helen translite send me a pm.

#768 1 year ago

I'm all of a sudden having a problem with all of the GI bulbs under the plastics. They all flash rapidly together when the ball is in play for any song. The only time the don't is when selecting a song, shooting the cannon, or playing the lower playfield. Reboot does not help. It's not random flashing like in attract mode ... they all flash together. Anyone run into this and have a solution?

#771 1 year ago

Still lovin' my Luci because it plays so much slower than the pro.....

Rob

2 weeks later
#772 1 year ago

I think there might be a bug in the multiball start if there's another jackpot shot ready to be collected. I had tour multiball lit, shot the cannon and only got a cannon shot for combo jackpot. Tour multiball remained lit and I had to shoot the cannon again to get it. I've had this happen a few times recently.

Rob

1 month later
#773 1 year ago

Has anyone ever seen an issue where one of the color changing "eye" leds in the lower playfield didn't sync up perfectly with the other leds in terms of color. It changes colors but is a slightly different shade than the others. Would just replacing the individual light board solve it or do you think it would be an issue with a node board? thanks.

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

...do you think it would be an issue with a node board? thanks.

I thought SPIKE games were the first with node boards?

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I thought SPIKE games were the first with node boards?

ACDC uses this. I think this would be considered a node board but I'm not really sure? Description is an LED Lamp extension board:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5331-00

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

ACDC uses this. I think this would be considered a node board but I'm not really sure? Description is an LED Lamp extension board:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5331-00

It is possible the LED needs to be swapped out. I bought a bunch of spares for Star Trek, may just need to solder a new LED on the board. Do you have a picture of the light board?

#777 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

It is possible the LED needs to be swapped out. I bought a bunch of spares for Star Trek, may just need to solder a new LED on the board. Do you have a picture of the light board?

Thanks. I know I could just try swapping 2 of the led boards to see if the issue travels but will probably just pickup a spare board to see if that works. Here's a pic. Colors still change but the shade is off a little

IMG_20170912_191405335 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170912_191221678 (resized).jpg

#778 1 year ago

The individual LEDs are probably much cheaper than an entire board.

NM - looks like they are just RGB light boards, was thinking it was a complete board. Stern - 520-5333-00

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5333-00

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The individual LEDs are probably much cheaper than an entire board.

Yeah. I'm hoping one of these takes care of it. $11 isn't bad.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/520-5333-00

#780 1 year ago

Hah, posted at the same time.

#782 1 year ago

So any pictures of the new VE Premium version, or other news?

#783 1 year ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

So any pictures of the new VE Premium version, or other news?

supposedly they are shipping already, just no pictures yet.

#784 1 year ago

Does anyone have the plastic that goes around the lower PF flippers? I broke one side.

#785 1 year ago

Anyone have info on what amp to get for my AC/DC premium to power the 12" sub? How does it hook up?

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Anyone have info on what amp to get for my AC/DC premium to power the 12" sub? How does it hook up?

The sub that comes with the game is already hooked up and powered by the game. If you're removing that one and installing your own there are multiple ways to do it depending on what you're adding. Flipper Fidelity may have a drop-in kit with instructions.

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Flipper Fidelity may have a drop-in kit with instructions.

Pinball Pro also has a high quality 12" available.

#788 1 year ago

Anyone have the 6 LED TNT mod that goes inside the detonator and goes off when you hit it?
Where can this be purchased? Any info/links are appreciated. Thanks.

#789 1 year ago

It's just a 12 volt flasher pad alligator clipped to the coil for the plunger. Get the pad from comet and save a good chunk of money. If you want pre-made contact pinball refinery as they (at lease used to) make and sell it.

2 weeks later
#790 1 year ago

I gladly accept freezie's spot in this amazing club!!! He blinged and modded the crap out of this sucker. Needs a few things (color dmd, custom topper, replace hideous gold trim around backbox) but I'm enjoying as is. When installing the legs I noticed the date of manufacturing. 0ct 2, 2012.
Happy birthday!

20171002_074453 (resized).jpg

20171002_074330 (resized).jpg

#791 1 year ago

Finally in the club with a Premium Vault - happy to be on the Rock n' Roll Train!

20171003_202305 (resized).jpg

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I gladly accept freezie's spot in this amazing club!!!

Quoted from AJB4:

Finally in the club with a Premium Vault - happy to be on the Rock n' Roll Train!

Congrats fellas...this is a great club to be a part of. Now, "hit the fire button"

#793 1 year ago

OK guys. Help a brother out. I just got double bonus and a triple bonus. How the hell did that happen? Also, how do you get extra balls on this beast? I've played about 125 games and have gotten maybe 3 extra balls.

Hey Rob G. Fellow Saskatchewanan in da club

#794 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

OK guys. Help a brother out. I just got double bonus and a triple bonus. How the hell did that happen? Also, how do you get extra balls on this beast? I've played about 125 games and have gotten maybe 3 extra balls.
Hey Rob G. Fellow Saskatchewanan in da club

Not sure about the bonus.

To Light extra ball you need to:
drop all 5 drop targets on the left AC/DC
drop all 3 center targets TNT
hit all 4 standup targets ROCK

Then make a right orbit

#795 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

OK guys. Help a brother out. I just got double bonus and a triple bonus. How the hell did that happen?

When the "F" or "E" outlanes are blinking and the ball trips the switch you will get double bonus...another time during the ball will get you 3X. Only works on the outlanes, not the inlanes.

#796 1 year ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

When the "F" or "E" outlanes are blinking and the ball trips the switch you will get double bonus...another time during the ball will get you 3X. Only works on the outlanes, not the inlanes.

Thanks. That helps. Now how do you get them flashing? What happens when you hit the "I" and "R"

Quoted from dr_spidey:

Not sure about the bonus.
To Light extra ball you need to:
drop all 5 drop targets on the left AC/DC
drop all 3 center targets TNT
hit all 4 standup targets ROCK
Then make a right orbit

Doesn't that light Album Multiball? Maybe multiple hits?

#797 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks. That helps. Now how do you get them flashing? What happens when you hit the "I" and "R"

Doesn't that light Album Multiball? Maybe multiple hits?

Scroll down to the Super Modes section.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4761-For-Those-About-to-Rock-AC-DC-Premium-LE-v1-65-Ruleset

#798 1 year ago

Thanks!!!! That is exactly what I needed. Someone should have done that with Star Trek.

So I know once you select a different song you can't go back to a previously played song. What/any strategy to selecting the same song?

#799 1 year ago

Forgot to post pics a couple of weeks ago in this thread...loving my Premium VE! Great game!!!

3017A047-4039-4737-A475-CEB6E06CA0C5 (resized).jpeg

FE7455FD-9707-4B05-AE30-CA6117115074 (resized).jpeg

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks!!!! That is exactly what I needed. Someone should have done that with Star Trek.
So I know once you select a different song you can't go back to a previously played song. What/any strategy to selecting the same song?

YW

Hell's Bells all day for scoring, particularly on the premium/le. While it is fun to blow up the game, that song really unbalances the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
6,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Yoder, IN
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1699 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside