Topic Stats

• 1,696 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by 85vett
  • Topic is favorited by 131 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 355 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190319_101829 (resized).jpg
Lower Playfield Target Splints (resized).jpg
gray posts (resized).jpg
20190315_154133 (resized).jpg
20190315_104654 (resized).jpg
full frontal ACDC (resized).jpg
20190305_144049_001 (resized).jpg
62843E46-121E-452F-BC48-43AAB417DF0A (resized).jpeg
228F9C1F-3E34-4991-B295-5679E9B94D3E (resized).png
7CD09161-624E-4EB3-96E1-5055F01134FF (resized).jpeg
AC6B37BF-FF5E-469C-8C48-290240610AFF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190301_180231 (resized).jpg
BFB77DFA-2F49-4D3C-9958-B149841F20A9 (resized).jpeg
A81437DD-C81D-42E6-8ECD-A2D90BF2E6F3 (resized).jpeg
20190205_172644 (resized).jpg
B2D3332D-7D3F-478F-AAD8-BEF7124F66D1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1696 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.
#651 1 year ago

...hence the 'beat'. Aurich knew what I meant.

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, There really isn't beating any songs. You just make enough song requests to change songs & advance towards Encore. You can do that without ever even starting the scoring for the song selected.

Why I but 'beat' in quotes, changing songs is like beating it.

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Why I but 'beat' in quotes, changing songs is like beating it.

I got ya but like I said you don't even need to shoot the spinner once in order to change songs.

#654 1 year ago

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU MAXIMIZE POINTS FOR EACH SONG?
Better?

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

HOW IN THE FUCK DO YOU MAXIMIZE POINTS FOR EACH SONG?
Better?

Sure I guess it was already known if you've owned the game for more then a couple hours. Sorry my bad.

#656 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

I got ya but like I said you don't even need to shoot the spinner once in order to change songs.

I'll be honest, I hardly ever even play my ACDC, it never grabbed me the way it has some other people, so I bow to your experience over it, I thought you had to shoot the shots after lighting the spinner.

#657 1 year ago

Sorry. Uncalled for caps.

#659 1 year ago

Sorry. Uncalled for caps.

Fuck you Gryszzz.

#660 1 year ago

Hey why don't you fellas hold hands whilst surfing into a rock?

#661 1 year ago

HEY WHY DON'T YOU FELLAS HOLD HANDS WHILST SURFING INTO A ROCK?
Better?

#662 1 year ago

So how do I beat For Those About to Rock?

#663 1 year ago

To "beat" any song, you hit the shot of the song to light the music notes, then shoot all the music note shots once. That will increase your music note value and will carry the increase over to future balls.

To light the music notes on For Those About to Rock, shoot either ramp to load the cannon, then shoot the indicated drop target.

#664 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

SO HOW DO I BEAT FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK?

Fixed it for ya.

#666 1 year ago

Thank god this thread got up and going again , a ton of great info on the game , I've mostly been just shooting around getting a feel for the game and this thread is starting to make some sense of it . Definitely to a game you hop on and figure out in 5mins . It's awesome !

#667 1 year ago

I put my cliffies on this morning. Holy Hell.

#668 1 year ago

I got back into playing ACDC and am having a lot of fun doing so! If you own an ACDC and haven't played it in a while, do yourself a favor and turn it on!

I'm not playing strategies to score high, just to have fun. I'm still averaging 150-200 million on good games. It has been a while and I finally got the super jackpot for Album Multiball, but I didn't see how much it was I've also been playing different songs and seeing how they score compared to each other. HAABPTB lower playfield scoring seemed least rewarding while HB lower playfield seems the best (and most fun).

Some interesting ideas on what I would change if I could. This is just for fun, nothing more...

- Left/right target banks score higher jackpots than center bank during multiball (based on the difficulty of completing them)
- Multiball cannon shot starts at 1 million.
- Cannon inserts add to cannon shot score values (except song jackpot). Each successful cannon shot lights an insert.
- Horn inserts score more during hell songs, making horn insert shots increases lower playfield scoring
- Optional ball save on cannon shot. I despise the left outlane drain from cannon shots!
- Option so a song cannot be replayed
- Lower playfield score total displayed when timer expires
- Bell swings on every shot during HB (except maybe multiball).
- Points for making HB saucer when not playing HB (plus a BONG sound and animation!)

I know people wish the lower playfield could be played while during multiball for example, but I just don't see that working well at all.

Rob

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I put my cliffies on this morning. Holy Hell.

The bell saucer was tough to do on mine. The screws were so tight that there was no way to remove them by hand. I had to use a drill with a phillips bit to get those out!

On a side note, it's a good idea to put a lock washer on the bell retaining screw so it doesn't come loose. A loose bell can break the opto.

Rob

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll be honest, I hardly ever even play my ACDC, it never grabbed me the way it has some other people, so I bow to your experience over it, I thought you had to shoot the shots after lighting the spinner.

Dust it off and start playing again. You will be amazed what you are missing if you get back into it.

Rob

#671 1 year ago

Man I wish the songs didn't start over everytime. Bet Gary fixes that for Vault.

#672 1 year ago

CONGRATS FREEZIE MY MAN!!!
We're late to the fuckin party man,...but we made it!

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

if you've owned the game for more then a couple hours.

It's than, and then kiss my ass.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It's than, and then kiss my ass.

Live in a glass house I take it? Sound like a Tron lover or something.

#675 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

...when I eventually switch out the songs with PB, how do you guys replace the pf jukebox song titles​? Just wondering. Also wondering that when you switch up tracks, you also need to swap in the live versions for jukebox mode? (Thanks again YYZGuy for that info!!!)

I THINK Pinball Browser will let you change text in the game as well. Find the title of the song you've replaced and type in the new title. Same method works for replacing the default high score initials.

#676 1 year ago

Spending my Saturday watching Street Fighter tournaments and messing with expanding the Helen decal set to be more full featured. IMG_5769 (resized).JPG

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from smassa:

Live in a glass house

I really don't like Billy Joel, or anyone with two first names, but I've always liked that album cover.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Saturday watching Street Fighter tournaments and messing with expanding the Helen decal set to be more full featured.

Yes! I have a translite, but need the decals. The expanded set would be perfect!

#679 1 year ago

Playing tonight and picked FTATR just before going into multiball, but I really had wanted LTBR. So I thought what the heck, this should be a good challenge! I had Jam and Album multiballs lit.

40 million on LTBR during multiball! Maybe that's not much for some, but for me it was a new record on this song. I can't say enough how challenging it is to keep the balls in play AND shoot that darn cannon during the process. It's obviously not something tourny players are going to do, but at home if you want a challenge then try playing LTBR with JAM multiball.

I put my colordmd back in ACDC after trying it out on IM. Red dots just suck after having color....

Rob

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The bell saucer was tough to do on mine. The screws were so tight that there was no way to remove them by hand. I had to use a drill with a phillips bit to get those out!

I have the Mantis style protectors....the jukebox protector was the one that gave me the most trouble.

Quoted from Rob_G:

On a side note, it's a good idea to put a lock washer on the bell retaining screw so it doesn't come loose. A loose bell can break the opto.

That's what happened to mine about 5 months in....luckily it was still under warranty, so I received a replacement opto board....good thinking, I need to get a lock washer on there.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Spending my Saturday watching Street Fighter tournaments and messing with expanding the Helen decal set to be more full featured.

Does this mean you are going to be able to sell these again? I always thought it was lame you were told to stop since it was original art.

I am using one of the pro overlays on my mini Pf and it looks great but I would be super excited to see you come up with something for the mini PF that tied thing in better.

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Does this mean you are going to be able to sell these again? I always thought it was lame you were told to stop since it was original art.
I am using one of the pro overlays on my mini Pf and it looks great but I would be super excited to see you come up with something for the mini PF that tied thing in better.

Issue is the translite. I don't even technically use the ACDC logo on it, but I'm not gonna fight Stern over it. They're just doing their job, I have no malice in my heart towards them for asking me to stop advertising it.

Just PM me if you're looking for one, I'll always try and help out.

As for the lower playfield, I did pull mine and scan it and messed with a template for it, but then I got side tracked by Alien. Now that I'm disentangling myself from all that maybe I'll revisit the idea after I finish this Metallica mod. I have some thoughts for how I could do it, have to find a printer who could handle it.

I'm definitely enjoying working on my own projects again, so you never know.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Issue is the translite. I don't even technically use the ACDC logo on it, but I'm not gonna fight Stern over it. They're just doing their job, I have no malice in my heart towards them for asking me to stop advertising it.
Just PM me if you're looking for one, I'll always try and help out.
As for the lower playfield, I did pull mine and scan it and messed with a template for it, but then I got side tracked by Alien. Now that I'm disentangling myself from all that maybe I'll revisit the idea after I finish this Metallica mod. I have some thoughts for how I could do it, have to find a printer who could handle it.
I'm definitely enjoying working on my own projects again, so you never know.

Stop typing and make Metallica mods!!!

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Stop typing and make Metallica mods!!!

We're testing prototype PCBs tonight!

18817489_1511162442251094_47146533_o (resized).jpg

#685 1 year ago

Ok for you ACDC rule experts out there. When playing SMANL, what is the difference between the flashing notes and the lit solid ones? As far as I can tell, there's really no difference in how they score.

I also noticed a minor bug where if you are playing TNT, have the TNT middle upright target flashing (premium) and then start a multiball, the target bank resets but the insert is still blinking.

I think I was wrong about FTATR not being lucrative... The shot values are considerably more than other songs so this mode is actually worth giving a try. The jury is still out on BIB, but there's a nice little bonus for completing the ACDC target bank again during the song.

There's A LOT of little scoring nuances in this game if you really pay attention. I finally replaced the coil stops so now flipper travel is back to normal. Having fun playing it again, like a second honeymoon!

Rob
ps, while testing the game with the glass off, I hit and looped the bell once!

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ok for you ACDC rule experts out there. When playing SMANL, what is the difference between the flashing notes and the lit solid ones? As far as I can tell, there's really no difference in how they score.

I suspect the difference is in how they build the song jackpot, and my guess would be that the flashing ones build it more.

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

CONGRATS FREEZIE MY MAN!!!
We're late to the fuckin party man,...but we made it!

Looks good. Three great machines.
20170601_125117 (resized).jpg
Might want to add a warning sign on the front of your AC/DC machine.
Something like: Warning, brutal side drains ahead!

Never did get to add my initials to hi scores on this AC/DC.

#688 1 year ago

Check the coil stops on the flippers Freezie. Games from that era had bad stops where the brass part turned to dust.

Now you need a colordmd in that ACDC

Rob

20170522_220105 (resized).jpg

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I suspect the difference is in how they build the song jackpot, and my guess would be that the flashing ones build it more.

Could be! I also noticed that completing all the flashing ones makes them reset to all flashing again and scoring 50,000 more (I think).

Rob

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Could be! I also noticed that completing all the flashing ones makes them reset to all flashing again and scoring 50,000 more (I think).
Rob

They all score points. The flashing ones are most important once you get into multiball as these are the ones you need to shoot for the add a ball. In single ball play if you shoot a flashing one then the main shot for the song/mode (like if you are playing war machine and shoot the spinner) it will relight all the flashing ones you shot but they will be solid instead. If you start a multiball you do not need to shoot the solid lit arrows only the flashing ones.

#691 1 year ago

Any opinions on this? I think it's pretty nice. Still need to attach it but dont want to screw up the speaker pannel in case I want to remove it.

20170603_203731 (resized).jpg

20170603_204240 (resized).jpg

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Any opinions on this? I think it's pretty nice. Still need to attach it but dont want to screw up the speaker pannel in case I want to remove it.

I ordered one too. I "think" it will look better than stock in person. Did you use just 1 sheet of EL paper?

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I ordered one two. I "think" it will look better than stock in person. Did you use just 1 sheet of EL paper?

I used 3 sheets of el paper and a splitter. I also bought some red film to give it a better red color.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Check the coil stops on the flippers Freezie. Games from that era had bad stops where the brass part turned to dust.
Now you need a colordmd in that ACDC
Rob

thanks Rob , I will check them , I need to color met as well , so damned expensive though . Top of my wish list though !

#695 1 year ago

Slowly figuring out to keep that bell loaded up ready for 3rd shot for multi-ball.
Fuckin spectacular when ya hit that super skill shot for 700,000. Double scoring so much easier to hit then MET, but my scores don't reflect that.

#696 1 year ago

I got 179mil today ... my highest so far. I saw for the first time at the end of the ball bonus total a 2x on 2 balls and a 3x on one ball pop up in a yellow circle on the ColorDMD then blow up the total end of ball bonus to a new total with that multiplier. Not sure what I did for that, but it felt like I accomplished something new after 8 months of playing every few days.

#697 1 year ago

Dumb question...where does the #1, 3" rubber go? Looking at manual, a lot of numbers are not on diagram. Where in the hell does a 3" rubber go?

#698 1 year ago

#1,2,4,5,7,8,10,...where are all these corresponding rubbers? Different page maybe?

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Dumb question...where does the #1, 3" rubber go? Looking at manual, a lot of numbers are not on diagram. Where in the hell does a 3" rubber go?

On a 3" Johnson? Not that I would know.....

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

When playing SMANL, what is the difference between the flashing notes and the lit solid ones?

The flashing notes give you a temporary progress unit in addition to the score for the note shot.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4761-For-Those-About-to-Rock-AC-DC-Premium-LE-v1-65-Ruleset

Song scoring is complex, involving base values and progress units. Each shot in a song has a base value. Depending on the song and the shots, there may be one or more of these base values. As you make shots corresponding to the song, you accumulate progress units. Each progress unit adds a small increment (usually 2% of the base value) to the song's shot scoring. To complicate things further, there are two types of progress units: permanent progress units and temporary progress units.

Permanent progress units, as the name implies, are held throughout the game. They are earned by completing all 5 flashing note shots during a song. Doing so earns 3 units of permanent progress, but you can only do this once per song.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 9.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Frederick, MD
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1696 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 34.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside