20230908_184110 (resized).jpg
32BE4239-D1D6-42D2-95B4-285777DAC462 (resized).jpeg
AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 67.
#601 6 years ago

So about 1 in 10 games it will just drain, mid-ball. I know I've been on here long enough to have seen this issue before, but nothing is coming to mind. Also the left eye stand up in lower pf is not registering hits. Any advice appreciated.

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So about 1 in 10 games it will just drain, mid-ball. I know I've been on here long enough to have seen this issue before, but nothing is coming to mind. Also the left eye stand up in lower pf is not registering hits. Any advice appreciated.

Check the switches and flakey soldering on the ball trough.
You may need to take out the lower playfield and check the switch.
The targets can become loose and might need re tightening or a bad plug connection.

#603 6 years ago

Thanks Toads!

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Confession : I have actually never heard Flick of the Switch or Fly on the Wall.... should I have? Flamesuit on.

If you've lived this long without them I think you'll be fine going forward. Flick is a good album, self produced by AC/DC. It's harder rock in my opinion. I don't think it lived up to the expectations set by Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, and For Those About to Rock.

I used to have the Fly on the Wall picture disc. It's shaped like a fly. I enjoyed the video and the music but probably only fans of the band would care about it.

Family Jewels and Backtracks are both worth having if you're a hardcore AC/DC fan. I love the video of It's a Long Way to the Top (if you wanna rock 'n roll).

#605 6 years ago

I got the whole ACDC collection when it was like $20 on Amazon. (I've bought everything on vinyl since 1980...until they changed to CD - just wanted it all in one place on a USB.)

Flick of the Switch is the album I continue going back to again and again. I love almost every song on that album.

Fly on the Wall is hit or miss, I think.

Razor's Edge is also hit or miss...but hey! Thunderstruck!

#606 6 years ago

You know you asked Santa​ for a Mistress for Christmas ; just like me...and everybody else.

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Vault edition? Quit dreaming guys it will never happen

So dreams do come true?

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So dreams do come true?

Its the use of "never" that's really the problem. There is no "never" without potentially making yourself look silly. At best there's a "not in the near future".

#609 6 years ago

Looks like our club will get bigger soon.
Fantastic news

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Looks like our club will get bigger soon.
Fantastic news

Curious to see what new premium looks like. Glad I didn't sell mine to get a ve at this point. Would have cost me money for no apparent difference. If it were drawn art, I was going to consider. I'm quite happy with my premium though. Good for guys that really wanted the game though.

#611 6 years ago

I finally updated to 1.68 after 3 years and noticed 2 things I was wondering about when compared to 1.63

1) I Don't get the replay animation/sound anymore. Checked setting and can't find what changed.
2) The TNT bank doesn't always reset on some songs until I hit the detonator target. On others it resets when I get 3 down. Was this added in 1.68 ?

Readme doesn't mention either of these.

Appreciate any help on if you think I need to re-flash or these are changes in rules.

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Reseat your opto connectors on the ball trough.

#613 6 years ago

After a whole 5 days....I cannot get enough. Bet I put 300 plays on since Mon. My ONLY complaint : even with FF speakers and it on 60 it still is not loud enough. I need some amps for both girls pronto. NPO's guide is really helpful, but what if I wanna put 100 watt speakers in bb. What size amp would I then need?

#614 6 years ago

SO deep...so on War Machine I just keep hitting the spinner? Can that shot be backhanded?
Let's help Gryszzz one song at a time.

#615 6 years ago

Freezie....you get yers yet? Excited for ya dude!

#616 6 years ago

DON'T DRINK
DON'T FIGHT
DON'T SLEEP AT NIGHT
and SHAKE A LEG

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

DON'T DRINK
DON'T FIGHT
DON'T SLEEP AT NIGHT
and SHAKE A LEG

One of my favorite songs...

#618 6 years ago

Snare could be better.

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

SO deep...so on War Machine I just keep hitting the spinner? Can that shot be backhanded?
Let's help Gryszzz one song at a time.

Yes you can back hand it.

#620 6 years ago

Damn that's a tight shot.

#621 6 years ago

Just wondering....
With the music pin market cornered, why doesn't Stern put 4 or more speakers in the bb? To get ill-like loud.
Speakers and amps..... speakers and amps. Instead of worrying about visual, how bout the audio? I want an Audiophile LE with an extremely loud, clear and crisp sound.

#622 6 years ago

Whole bb full of speakers would be pretty gd awesome.

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Just wondering....
With the music pin market cornered, why doesn't Stern put 4 or more speakers in the bb? To get ill-like loud.
Speakers and amps..... speakers and amps. Instead of worrying about visual, how bout the audio? I want an Audiophile LE with an extremely loud, clear and crisp sound

Still waiting for PinSound to make a version for Sam. That will be the ultimate mod.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Freezie....you get yers yet? Excited for ya dude!

Driving up Saturday !

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Still waiting for PinSound to make a version for Sam. That will be the ultimate mod.

Pardon my idiocracy, but what makes the Pinsound board better than Pinball Browser? I understand the sound will only be as good as its source, but if you swap everything with PB, couldn't you theoretically have 4, 6, 8+ speakers in bb?
Surely someone has made/modded a pin with insane audio.

#626 6 years ago

Gryszzz - if you don't already have an external sub, get one! And your game should be plenty loud on max setting - is it? Or do you think there might be a sound board issue possibly?

#627 6 years ago

I do have external sub, haven't hooked it up yet. Yes, will make difference. No board issues...I just like it REALLY loud. Like, insanely loud.
You know that greasy lookin dude at the red light with Cannibal Corpse so loud it's rattling yer windows? That's me.

#628 6 years ago

1 is the loudest available setting correct? These FF speakers are nice, but they need some amps driving them to sound their best. At 59 the sound starts breaking up....needs more power.

#629 6 years ago

ForensicD's Slimer LE has pretty good volume, better than all other newer Sterns. What did they do different?

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pardon my idiocracy, but what makes the Pinsound board better than Pinball Browser? I understand the sound will only be as good as its source, but if you swap everything with PB, couldn't you theoretically have 4, 6, 8+ speakers in bb?
Surely someone has made/modded a pin with insane audio.

You should really check out a machine with PinSound. With PB, you are still stuck with low bit rate, mono sound. You could put 30 speakers in the backbox but it is never going to turn the source material into the original high fidelity audio.

#631 6 years ago

Ahh... didn't realize that. I thought that since PB used your/my files that they would now be in stereo. Damn. Thanks for pointing that out.

#632 6 years ago

WTT : ACDC for GNR.

#633 6 years ago

I will order some Panels today

Euro 105,- free shiping to USA

1ac (resized).jpg1ac (resized).jpg

111c (resized).jpg111c (resized).jpg

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I finally updated to 1.68 after 3 years and noticed 2 things I was wondering about when compared to 1.63
1) I Don't get the replay animation/sound anymore. Checked setting and can't find what changed.
2) The TNT bank doesn't always reset on some songs until I hit the detonator target. On others it resets when I get 3 down. Was this added in 1.68 ?
Readme doesn't mention either of these.
Appreciate any help on if you think I need to re-flash or these are changes in rules.

Bumping since it may have been lost after other comments. I have 1.68 version and I don't have these issues. I do have to hit the detonator target when TNT is playing, but not on other songs. Is there a chance that when all TNT targets are down, one of the lights is still flashing? Meaning it did not register the drop target going down? This has heppened to me a handful of times, so I have to re-seat the connectors on the drop target board, then it works like it should again.

#635 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Is there a chance that when all TNT targets are down, one of the lights is still flashing?

Thanks, I didn't even think of a bad TNT switch. Will check that and re-flash the firmware also since you don't have the Replay problem.

BTW, I am swapping the Centaur playfield. I also need to fix a problem with the cabinet I didn't notice until I had it apart so going to take longer than a simple swap.

Thanks again

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

Thanks, I didn't even think of a bad TNT switch. Will check that and re-flash the firmware also since you don't have the Replay problem.
BTW, I am swapping the Centaur playfield. I also need to fix a problem with the cabinet I didn't notice until I had it apart so going to take longer than a simple swap.
Thanks again

Will be an awesome game...should play FAST now

#637 6 years ago

Hacked up some old wooden blinds today, added a fake woodgrain and mix of primers/paint and made a hillbilly bell cover!

IMG_20170524_205111301 (resized).jpgIMG_20170524_205111301 (resized).jpg

#638 6 years ago

Looks better than stock, that's about it.

#639 6 years ago

Was just kidding YYZGuy. But it would look better in teal.
HOLY HELL this machine is an ASS KICKER. Still haven't busted 50m. Finally figuring out the left loop...tip o the flipper is a tough shot for me. So on War Machine, I hit the spinner...over and over, until what? Got the super target scoring last game...that was pretty cool.
YYZGuy make me a log dude!

#640 6 years ago

I'd been considering selling my ACDC Premium, but just was too lazy to get it all cleaned up and post a thread etc. Then the remake announcement hit, and that's gonna take the wind out of sails, so as long as I'm holding onto it for now I think I'll put it into my queue for some new mod ideas after I finish this Metallica one.

One thing I'd like to do is finish the decals, I only did the apron triangles as a last minute thing with the Helen translite last time, and I had a lot of fun doing a whole package for Star Trek.

#641 6 years ago

That's great Aurich, but how in the fuck do I beat War Machine?!?!

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Was just kidding YYZGuy. But it would look better in teal.
HOLY HELL this machine is an ASS KICKER. Still haven't busted 50m. Finally figuring out the left loop...tip o the flipper is a tough shot for me. So on War Machine, I hit the spinner...over and over, until what? Got the super target scoring last game...that was pretty cool.
YYZGuy make me a log dude!

From memory after hitting the spinner some other shots are lit which increase the value of the spinner. Then just keep smashing the spinner because it's worth heaps, and then Tour multiball gets qualified from all the loop hits, then start that and smash the spinner some more.

That's if you can get that far.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

When you hit the spinner the first time it lights all the other shots you need to 'beat' the mode.

#644 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Trying again right now.

#645 6 years ago

Well that was fast. Back again. Next time I'll try to keep my eyes open better.

#646 6 years ago

Dumb question....when I eventually switch out the songs with PB, how do you guys replace the pf jukebox song titles​? Just wondering. Also wondering that when you switch up tracks, you also need to swap in the live versions for jukebox mode? (Thanks again YYZGuy for that info!!!)

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

When you hit the spinner the first time it lights all the other shots you need to 'beat' the mode.

I think a single shot made increases the spinner by a bit (1000??) and if you complete all shots it goes up 5000??, rinse and repeat until the spinner maxes out at 50000 per spin. Can be lucrative once you get up to that, and you can keep playing it as long as you want at 50000 per spin. I think making the 4 shots "finishes" the mode and lights the the scoop for song change. But once you change songs or drain, the value defaults back.

#648 6 years ago

So I bought Flick of the Switch last night and all of a sudden it's crystal clear when everything went to shit for them.

#649 6 years ago

Curious what you guys have the music and voice in special settings at? I just can't seem to get a good balance. My lyrics are somewhat drowned out. I've gone back to factory default, but still sounds a little washed out.

#650 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, There really isn't beating any songs. You just make enough song requests to change songs & advance towards Encore. You can do that without ever even starting the scoring for the song selected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.