AC-DC-luci-2 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-4 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-1 (resized).jpg
AC-DC-luci-3 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #665 Explains ACDC rules Posted by alveolus (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 67.
#1 9 years ago

image-352.jpgimage-352.jpg
image-590.jpgimage-590.jpg
image-398.jpgimage-398.jpg
image-965.jpgimage-965.jpg
image-474.jpgimage-474.jpg
image-121.jpgimage-121.jpg
image-183.jpgimage-183.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Im in Just got the man Steve Ritchie to sign "the bell from hell!"

#3 9 years ago

I have a LTBR, does that count?

#4 9 years ago

Nice figurines, OP!

I thought Flanker made a group for this, though.

#6 9 years ago

Im in the Prem club for a 1 1/2 years. I still remember when I first got the machine and thought I had a flakey switch for the longest time and was getting frustrated trying to find it and couldn't! it seemed so erratic; oddest behavior I ever saw in a pin.

Then, my wife took this pic...
IMG_0605.JPGIMG_0605.JPG
Mystery solved!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Im in the Prem club for a 1 1/2 years. I still remember when I first got the machine and thought I had a flakey switch for the longest time and was getting frustrated trying to find it and couldn't! it seemed so erratic; oddest behavior I ever saw in a pin.

Mystery solved!

This is now my new official favorite Pinside story.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mystery solved!

The kid is a VIP

2 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

I'm in, passed on Mustang, let the MEZELmodding begin!
image-517.jpgimage-517.jpg

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I'm in, passed on Mustang, let the MEZELmodding begin!

image-517.jpg 218 KB

You have chosen wisely!!!

#11 9 years ago

I just put in the more adult inserts in the speaker lights and put the flames on the back box, so might as well post it up here.

20140424_212417.jpg20140424_212417.jpg
20140424_213559.jpg20140424_213559.jpg
20140424_213648.jpg20140424_213648.jpg
20140424_213517.jpg20140424_213517.jpg
218749-i.jpg218749-i.jpg

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

I just put in the more adult inserts in the speaker lights and put the flames on the back box, so might as well post it up here.

Wow look great - I am getting Luci on Monday and already bought the same set-up.

#13 9 years ago

Those look really good. I know I said I wouldn't do Helen topless, but I won't lie, those work.

#14 9 years ago

Could someone explain how the VIP works?

I have the Stern Steve Ritchie trifecta but think ACDC is the best so far.
image-669.jpgimage-669.jpg

#15 9 years ago

20140424_212417.jpg 208 KB

20140424_213559.jpg 165 KB

20140424_213648.jpg 187 KB

20140424_213517.jpg 198 KB

218749-i.jpg 51 KB

That translight is dope. I am gonna show that to the fam and see if I can get the board of directors to approve a purchase. Where did you get the translight and the speaker grill girls?

#16 9 years ago

I'll be in this club soon. It'll be hard to go for the original Premium, with Luci yanking my chain so hard. Decisions, decisions. . .

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

That translight is dope. I am gonna show that to the fam and see if I can get the board of directors to approve a purchase. Where did you get the translight and the speaker grill girls?

The translite you get by PMing me, I have a couple left in stock. Dunno how long I'll have them though, might want to ask the board soon.

The speaker lights you get here: http://www.pinballtoppers.com/STERN.html

#18 9 years ago

Please PM me any requested mods, either new or ones that are currently too expensive. Your new ideas always result in a freebie and usually other gifts as well.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Could someone explain how the VIP works?

One VIP pass per skill shot; two per super skill shot.

A VIP pass will award you the next shot that will advance you toward your current song jackpot, or it will give you the thing you need the most.

If you drain during multiball, and you've made your "current song's" shot... the VIP pass will restart multiball. However, if you still haven't made the shot, the VIP pass will first award the song's shot.

#20 9 years ago

For multiball add a ball:
When you qualified your current songs shot (ie hit the bell in hells bells) it will always light the 5 main shots. Getting all 5 shots during a mb will add a ball (one time occurrence per mb). The VIP can be used to award one of these shots. So, lets say you make 2 of these shots and then start mb, you'll only have to make 3 more shots (indicated by flashing note insert) to add a ball. I tend to get 4 out of the 5, leaving the right loop for the last, then start doing what I need to do to rack up jackpots. If I drain, one VIP is all that's needed to add a ball. Or if I drain, I get about 3 secs to make the right loop shot to add a ball, if I miss it then ill hit VIP.

VIP tip:
If you can get a bunch if super modes going, and have a big song jp accumulated, and have 3 or more VIP passes. Start hells bells and get a multiball going. Hammer the bell to get 2X going; then just before the 2X goes away, hit VIP to restart 2X. Repeat as necessary until you have 3X going, then light the cannon and enjoy the points-gasm. Meanwhile, with all the super modes lit during this mb, you'll be firing super mode cannon JPs at 2X or 3X value.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For multiball add a ball:
When you qualified your current songs shot (ie hit the bell in hells bells) it will always light the 5 main shots. Getting all 5 shots during a mb will add a ball (one time occurrence per mb). The VIP can be used to award one of these shots. So, lets say you make 2 of these shots and then start mb, you'll only have to make 3 more shots (indicated by flashing note insert) to add a ball. I tend to get 4 out of the 5, leaving the right loop for the last, then start doing what I need to do to rack up jackpots. If I drain, one VIP is all that's needed to add a ball. Or if I drain, I get about 3 secs to make the right loop shot to add a ball, if I miss it then ill hit VIP.
VIP tip:
If you can get a bunch if super modes going, and have a big song jp accumulated, and have 3 or more VIP passes. Start hells bells and get a multiball going. Hammer the bell to get 2X going; then just before the 2X goes away, hit VIP to restart 2X. Repeat as necessary until you have 3X going, then light the cannon and enjoy the points-gasm. Meanwhile, with all the super modes lit during this mb, you'll be firing super mode cannon JPs at 2X or 3X value.

PS - this game is freaking amazing. Can't believe I nearly sold it this week. I probably would have dug a hole, buried my head in it and called it a day had I done so.

#22 9 years ago

I'm in! I've had my AC/DC Premium for just over a year now (and still have not hit encore). I've got the cannon mod, Aurich's Helen translite and associated backbox light kit from Flipper Fidelity.

How did I know AC/DC was a keeper? ...when my wife played and said "yeah, that is fun". She's never enjoyed any of my other pins, but get a few drinks in her and she likes to play!

DSC05038 (1).JPGDSC05038 (1).JPG DSC05012.JPGDSC05012.JPG
#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

PS - this game is freaking amazing. Can't believe I nearly sold it this week. I probably would have dug a hole, buried my head in it and called it a day had I done so.

Were you after something else? Or just looking for the cash?

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I also got this back box kit: http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553
Its made specifically for the Helen translight and its awesome!

I also highly recommend the refinery cannon mod, the pinbits LCD lightening bolt flashers, 85vett's lit stage cover, and beatmaster Helen coin door magnet.

#25 9 years ago

I also got this back box kit: http://www.arcadeupkeep.com/#/bb-fk-acdc-helen/4582345553
Its made specifically for the Helen translight and its awesome!

I also highly recommend the refinery cannon mod, the pinbits LCD lightening bolt flashers, 85vett's lit stage cover, and beatmaster Helen coin door magnet.

D'oh! I got my backbox light kit from Arcade Upkeep - not Flipper Fidelity. And I forgot that I've also got the Pinbits lightning bolt flashers. How could I forget - those flashers are AWESOME!!

#26 9 years ago

Forgive the ignorance, but how do you know you have VIPs? The light on the fire button, the info menu?

BTW, I didn't want to get one because I'm not a huge music pin fan or a big ACDC fan, but this game is just fantastic.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Why would you even consider selling it over STLE?

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Forgive the ignorance, but how do you know you have VIPs? The light on the fire button, the info menu?
BTW, I didn't want to get one because I'm not a huge music pin fan or a big ACDC fan, but this game is just fantastic.

Yes, the flashing fire button and it will also tell you if you hold the flipper and view your status report.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why would you even consider selling it over STLE?

I dont want to sell either, thats the point. But yea, my head deserves to go through a wall to get my senses straight

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I dont want to sell either, thats the point. But yea, my head deserves to go through a wall to get my senses straight

They're all keepers.

#31 9 years ago

Best game ever made, bar none.

#32 9 years ago

My Sunday project #1. I was disappointed in the detonator toy, not now.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

My Sunday project #1. I was disappointed in the detonator toy, not now.

Very nice! It would be good to be able to wire those to the dynamite sticks.

188508-i.jpg188508-i.jpg
#34 9 years ago

My Sunday project #2. This is a white lightening bolt with a red LED. Going to make 1 each that are translucent white, red and yellow with corresponding LEDs.

image-733.jpgimage-733.jpg

#35 9 years ago

Anybody have any trouble with drop targets not registering?i had this problem a few months ago and just cleaned with alcohol . My problem target is the bolt between the AC and DC. It does work sometimes but not always. I will try another cleaning underneath in the opto slots.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Anybody have any trouble with drop targets not registering?i had this problem a few months ago and just cleaned with alcohol . My problem target is the bolt between the AC and DC. It does work sometimes but not always. I will try another cleaning underneath in the opto slots.

Cleaned opto slots with pipe cleaner and a little alcohol and target hit now registering.

#37 9 years ago

This does not look right to me. The music symbol insert on the left.

image-325.jpgimage-325.jpg image-157.jpgimage-157.jpg
#38 9 years ago

If you mean the color of the musicnote you are wrong. In certain modes a note can be a different colour indicating that one has more value of some kind. At least, that is what I hope as I am always aiming for the different one

This different colour can also move eg, this second it is the left ramp, few seconds later it is the bell, and so on

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

This does not look right to me. The music symbol insert on the left.

image-325.jpg 214 KB

image-157.jpg 142 KB

It's more likely a bad LED board, not registering one of the colours. Happened to my friends machine as well.
Call Stern for a replacement.
Green is not a colour that's used. There's your "tell".

#40 9 years ago

Made some lightening bolts tonight, translucent yellow, white and red. Will illuminate tomorrow.

image-115.jpgimage-115.jpg

#41 9 years ago

It is most certainly the led board under that insert.
Same thing happend to my game out of the box.
Stern sent me a new one and it has been working ever since.

#42 9 years ago

20140506_030754.jpg20140506_030754.jpg

20140506_030904.jpg20140506_030904.jpg
#43 9 years ago

20140506_030827.jpg20140506_030827.jpg

#44 9 years ago

^^^^^Now that is a detonator! Looks sharp.

#45 9 years ago

this is mine

Since this video I also installed other translite see

and Hooked lighting bolts see

and speaker lightning (sound controlled) with undercabinet

Sure I am forgetting something but this machine rocks

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from cgz46:

20140506_030827.jpg 224 KB

Awesome translight! Did you make it?

#48 9 years ago

Pretty nice. Did you make the transparent divertor ramp?

#49 9 years ago

image-847.jpgimage-847.jpgimage-561.jpgimage-561.jpgimage-112.jpgimage-112.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-79.jpgimage-428.jpgimage-428.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#50 9 years ago

Yea you can get them from ebay. Not as vibrant as the one that came on my Luci but it looks great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
There are 3,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.