Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DrainO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I enjoyed learning about inflation in this thread.
    #goodread

agreed

#52 11 years ago

Two years ago a NIB SM was 5K. Forget inflation. The market has simply gone up on pinball machines. Do I think ACDC has a few more features than SM and should demand a higher price? Yes.

As for the cloudy lower playfield, all of the LE's are cloudy to the best of my knowledge since they were part of the early run. Since that problem has been corrected, you should get a clear window now on current Premiums.

Given all that, I don't believe the LE price is so great given the features. They may command more in the future, but that cloudy window to the lpf will always be there.

#53 11 years ago

Inflation talk in nonsense. The price hike has nothing to do with inflation.......Let me explain to all of you the concept of price elasticity (See definition below) When Stern finally woke up and realized pinball had became 35% HUO, we shot ourselves in the foot as the consumer. Stern took a two tier pricing approach in which they used the profit from the LE to maintain lower cost for the pro operator. It basically allows them to better cater to their two primary consumer markets. The good news is, it makes them a stronger company, the bad news is, I doubt they figured it out on their own. Given that, the chances are they will fail to execute it efficiently long term..........Most often than not it leads to abuse or in our case $10,000 LE's. That is why we all should be praying that JJP makes it. Competition is the only thing that will keep these a$$holes at Stern from taking the LE price to $10,000. For reference see car industry.

Price elasticity of demand (PED or Ed) is a measure used in economics to show the responsiveness, or elasticity, of the quantity demanded of a good or service to a change in its price. More precisely, it gives the percentage change in quantity demanded in response to a one percent change in price (holding constant all the other determinants of demand, such as income). It was devised by Alfred Marshall.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spankey:

Yep. Unless your really MUST have an LE, the Premium gives you just about all the bells and whistles at an extremely good price.
    The shaker can be had for a few hundred bucks. These are hot pins right now. If you are thinking about it, now may be the time to jump before they are all gone.

The prem will be made till they cant sell no more. Meaning its an open ended production.
    Only thing to worry about is missing the last run or Stern bumping the price to the wholesalers.
    No off the shelf toys to worry about and the ACDC is a marketing machine.
    I bet they could run Rolling Stones as long as Mic is alive to ok the renewal.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Inflation talk in nonsense. The price hike has nothing to do with inflation.......Let me explain to all of you the concept of price elasticity (See definition below) When Stern finally woke up and realized pinball had became 35% HUO, we shot ourselves in the foot as the consumer. Stern took a two tier pricing approach in which they used the profit from the LE to maintain lower cost for the pro operator. It basically allows them to better cater to their two primary consumer markets. The good news is, it makes them a stronger company, the bad news is, I doubt they figured it out on their own. Given that, the chances are they will fail to execute it efficiently long term..........Most often than not it leads to abuse or in our case $10,000 LE's. That is why we all should be praying that JJP makes it. Competition is the only thing that will keep these a$$holes at Stern from taking the LE price to $10,000. For reference see car industry.
    Price elasticity of demand (PED or Ed) is a measure used in economics to show the responsiveness, or elasticity, of the quantity demanded of a good or service to a change in its price. More precisely, it gives the percentage change in quantity demanded in response to a one percent change in price (holding constant all the other determinants of demand, such as income). It was devised by Alfred Marshall.

Great point here. I do think Stern has to keep coming with great themes to keep upping these prices on the LEs. There are only so many XMen like themes (say what you will about the game, that is a great theme) and acdc is one of the best bands for pinball. How many people would spend 10k for WOF, Monopoly, or CSI theme? Not many.

Stern needs to keep with highly collectible themes to keep the LE model working and viable. I view back to back super hero themes as a sign they are already struggling with this very issue.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I view back to back super hero themes as a sign they are already struggling with this very issue.

+1

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I wouldn't take 7k for mine as it sits

Dont worry, they are NIB for $5700-$6500 SHIPPED & likley to be one of Sterns higest unit runs so you wont ever have to sell.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Dont worry, they are NIB for $5700-$6500 SHIPPED & likley to be one of Sterns higest unit runs so you wont ever have to sell.

You're so awesome. I feel so put in my place.

My point being, I enjoy it. I've made several improvements to it. I wouldn't want to be without an ACDC. So....for me...it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-best-price-nib/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.