Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DrainO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Any leads on who would have the best price on a NIB ACDC premium shipped to CA.

Thanks Martin

#2 11 years ago

Trent at midohio . Net

#3 11 years ago

pm sent

#4 11 years ago

No one will tell you because the dealers have "price fixed" the market so there is no competition, and if someone goes lower than that price and another dealer finds out the will call stern and whine about it.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

No one will tell you because the dealers have "price fixed" the market so there is no competition, and if someone goes lower than that price and another dealer finds out the will call stern and whine about it.

I'm pretty sure that none of what you just said is true.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'm pretty sure that none of what you just said is true.

Unfortunately based on some of my conversations with people whose names will remain anonymous I think there is actually some truth to it.

#7 11 years ago

I always thought the distributors weren't allowed to advertise below MSRP, but they could sell it for whatever they want. Are you guys saying this is some kind of secret agreement between the distributors?

#8 11 years ago

It could also be that some distributors want you to believe nobody will go below a certain price...

Just guessing. I was under the impression dealers could sell for whatever they want, they just can't advertise below a certain price.

Quoted from RobT:

Unfortunately based on some of my conversations with people whose names will remain anonymous I think there is actually some truth to it.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I always thought the distributors weren't allowed to advertise below MSRP, but they could sell it for whatever they want. Are you guys saying this is some kind of secret agreement between the distributors?

Nope, I'm not saying that there is any agreement.

But that last part of what he said has some truth to it.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I don't think so. Stern sells to the dealer at a set price. Dealers that sell bow msrp may not be allowed to advertise this. But because there is only so much room for mark up and drop shipping from stern is discounted, there is only so much variation in prices possible.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I don't think so. Stern sells to the dealer at a set price. Dealers that sell bow msrp may not be allowed to advertise this. But because there is only so much room for mark up and drop shipping from stern is discounted, there is only so much variation in prices possible.

Exactly, I don't disagree with that at all.

Like I said, I'm not saying that there is any agreement. But I am saying that there is some truth to the last part of what Cobray said.

#12 11 years ago

I've heard from two very reliable sources (dealers) that Stern has sent letters out that while dealers can sell below MSRP, they are not allowed to sell at less than a set price for each machine, and that dealers would risk their distributorship if they did.

As such, dealers will only deal with people/customers they know very well, as they are concerned that someone (another dealer or person) that will report them to Stern to have them "punished". They will also tell their good customers that they sell at to "below the set price" not to tell anyone what they sold the machine for (so it doesn't get back to Stern).

I know it all sounds crazy, but it's the truth. I couldn't make this crap up if I wanted to.

#13 11 years ago

Email Trent - just bought one from him this week.

#14 11 years ago

Does anyone have an approx price? I am not close to buying one right now, but wondering how much I need to save.

#15 11 years ago

6500ish

#16 11 years ago

I recommend Michael Pupo @ Flipper Fidelity.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

I recommend Michael Pupo @ Flipper Fidelity.

+1

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

I've heard from two very reliable sources (dealers) that Stern has sent letters out that while dealers can sell below MSRP, they are not allowed to sell at less than a set price for each machine, and that dealers would risk their distributorship if they did.
    As such, dealers will only deal with people/customers they know very well, as they are concerned that someone (another dealer or person) that will report them to Stern to have them "punished". They will also tell their good customers that they sell at to "below the set price" not to tell anyone what they sold the machine for (so it doesn't get back to Stern).
    I know it all sounds crazy, but it's the truth. I couldn't make this crap up if I wanted to.

I can tell you I have not seen such a letter.

#20 11 years ago

I know a dude who paid $5700

#21 11 years ago

Coincidentally, I'm (and even more so, my girlfriend is) interested in one of these too. Where did you end up purchasing from, marspinball? Gexchange, are you selling any? If so can you PM me a price when you get a chance? Thanks a lot. From those that purchased from FF, did you pay the aforementioned ~$6500.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Wow. I'd so buy one there. The pro face has killed the pin for me. And I'm a huge ac dc fan.

#23 11 years ago

To be fair that was a preorder price.

Want to really shit a brick, I know a dude who bought a TronLE NIB for $5800.

#24 11 years ago

Not I. Have you tried the black market? Do you mind if it's painted black?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

He overpaid.

Seriously, I know someone who paid less than that.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

That's what they sold for +/- a few hundred when they were first released, so that's not a big deal.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Not I. Have you tried the black market? Do you mind if it's painted black?

Huh?

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

That's what they sold for +/- a few hundred when they were first released, so that's not a big deal.

Quoted from RobT:

He overpaid.

I hate you guys lol

Hook me up

#29 11 years ago

We have a pinny pincher on the run down here. I'd value a premium around US$7600? + shipping

#30 11 years ago

Does the premium have the RGB color changing LED's like the LE editions?

#31 11 years ago

I think its got everything except a shaker, laser cut rails, badge, signatures, clear play field

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

He overpaid.

I do too....

#33 11 years ago

Ac dc is one of my favorite bands. At least the Bon Scott years. I want this pin so bad but only wish there wasn't such a difference with the pro. I don't think I could ever spend more than 5k on a toy.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I think its got everything except a shaker, laser cut rails, badge, signatures, clear play field

What do you mean by this? My premium has a clear lower playfield window-did the LE's and BIB get an extra coat of clear?

#35 11 years ago

I wouldn't take 7k for mine as it sits

#36 11 years ago

6k+shipping is all over. Maybe a little looking will find it better but these are selling well.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from dmesserly:

6k+shipping is all over. Maybe a little looking will find it better but these are selling well.

All the stuff about letters and such for selling under list is true.
    Try to get someone to put a quote in writing and you will see.
    Now call a dist. tell them your serious and ask shipped price...then you'll get a quote.

Ask others that have bought and get you'll find the deal.
    I would not pay over 6k shipped at this point based on what others have paid (that I can confirm).

#38 11 years ago

Same here...was about a month ago

Quoted from PW79:

#39 11 years ago

lol

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ninefingers:

What do you mean by this? My premium has a clear lower playfield window-did the LE's and BIB get an extra coat of clear?

Yep. Unless your really MUST have an LE, the Premium gives you just about all the bells and whistles at an extremely good price.

The shaker can be had for a few hundred bucks. These are hot pins right now. If you are thinking about it, now may be the time to jump before they are all gone.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ninefingers:

I meant 'cloudy lower playfield' (sorry, I'd been down the pub)

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Spankey:

Yep. Unless your really MUST have an LE, the Premium gives you just about all the bells and whistles at an extremely good price.
    The shaker can be had for a few hundred bucks. These are hot pins right now. If you are thinking about it, now may be the time to jump before they are all gone.

AC/DC Premium is awesome. No doubt about it. However, I wouldn't say that it is an "extremely good price". Current Stern premiums are regular Sterns of 3 or 4 years ago in terms of "stuff" on them and for a whole lot less dough.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from flipperfingers:

AC/DC Premium is awesome. No doubt about it. However, I wouldn't say that it is an "extremely good price". Current Stern premiums are regular Sterns of 3 or 4 years ago in terms of "stuff" on them and for a whole lot less dough.

You understand everything 3 or 4 years ago was cheaper due to a little thing called inflation. I don't necessarily agree that Sterns 3 or 4 years ago had as much "stuff" as AC/DC Premium either. The thing is absolutely jammed packed with features. Look at it side by side next to SM, IM, BDK, TRS, etc, absolutely no comparison feature wise.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

You understand everything 3 or 4 years ago was cheaper due to a little thing called inflation. I don't necessarily agree that Sterns 3 or 4 years ago had as much "stuff" as AC/DC Premium either. The thing is absolutely jammed packed with features.

Agreed. My xmen le has a heck of a lot more features than Family Guy did. Not even close really.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

You understand everything 3 or 4 years ago was cheaper due to a little thing called inflation. I don't necessarily agree that Sterns 3 or 4 years ago had as much "stuff" as AC/DC Premium either. The thing is absolutely jammed packed with features. Look at it side by side next to SM, IM, BDK, TRS, etc, absolutely no comparison feature wise.

If you're going to try to be a condescending jerk, at least have your facts straight. Sub $4000 to $6000 in 3 years is a heck of an inflation rate considering that the national inflation rate has been around 1-2%/yr. over the last few years.

Let's start with a $4000 base. After 4 years at a 2% inflation rate, the pinball should be $4330. A $6000 pinball is almost 40% more than a $4330. You honestly think that it's THAT much better?

#47 11 years ago

If you're going to try to be a condescending jerk, at least have your facts straight. Sub $4000 to $6000 in 3 years is a heck of an inflation rate considering that the national inflation rate has been around 1-2%/yr. over the last few years.
    Let's start with a $4000 base. After 4 years at a 2% inflation rate, the pinball should be $4330. A $6000 pinball is almost 40% more than a $4330. You honestly think that it's THAT much better?

I will say we all know the inflation rate is far higher than what the government tells us it is. I would say the real inflation rate is closer to 8 percent when you take in energy and food. Your point is still valid even at the higher numbers though.

#48 11 years ago

That's not the whole story. Stern was u see a lot of pressure to keep their prices flat. So rather than increasing prices they were cheapening the product bit keeping the prices flat. The inflation starts around the year 2000 and moves to now. If you track it that way them $6000 for a full featured machine is not a bad price.

As for acdc being loaded with features, it is. As for it being more loaded than spiderman or bdk, I'm not so sure I agree here. It's more modernized sure. But not more feature packed.

#49 11 years ago

Honestly I was going to type out a long winded response but I really don't care that much. No offense was intended and I apologize if my tone came off as condescending. I was simply making the point that things, over time, rise in price.

#50 11 years ago

I enjoyed learning about inflation in this thread.

#goodread

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-best-price-nib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.