• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0760 (resized).JPG
IMG_0759 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I've looked all over in posts and there is some info but not what I'm looking for on a machine I just bought. The you hit the bell the ball hangs up before the drain. I've read about options issues etc. anyone else have this problem? What needs to be fixed? I'm a handy guy but I'm sure someone knows and there is no sense reinventing the wheel. Suggestions would be appreciated. I'm currently backing the glass down and doing a "manual assist" to get the ball to drain after hitting the bell. Thanks in advance

#2 7 years ago

Table isn't level. It will get stuck behind bell if it isn't level. I hope that's what I'm understanding you're saying.

#3 7 years ago

I'll check the level, however I don't think that's the issue. The bell "clacker" physically locks too far in the rearward position after hitting the bell not allowing it to drain. It takes some physical force to move the bell to a more forward position to get the ball to drain. I'll check level tonight though. Seems to happen about 50%+ of the time.

#4 7 years ago

Ok, I thought you meant the ball was hung up behind bell. Maybe post a picture next time it happens. I've never had my bell get hung up, but the ball would get stuck behind bell if it wasn't level.

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like the table needs more of an incline to me. Second check would be for a loose mount for the bell itself.

#6 7 years ago

Also, check to see if the clacker is working it's way out making it sit to low.

#7 7 years ago

Here is a pic of the hang up. Don't think more incline would help. You have to physically push the bell as if it's hung up. Kinda like it wedged itself in the rear position. First pic is after pushing on the bell to release, second is of the actual hang up.

IMG_0759 (resized).JPGIMG_0759 (resized).JPG

IMG_0760 (resized).JPGIMG_0760 (resized).JPG

#8 7 years ago

Is your bell magnet actually working??

#9 7 years ago

I still think it's a level issue. Lower left legs some or raise right side to level it out left to right. Just guessing as that's exactly what mine did.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I still think it's a level issue. Lower left legs some or raise right side to level it out left to right. Just guessing as that's exactly what mine did.

Ok, Konghusker may be right. I just ate lunch and set a level on it. It was "just off bubble" left to right in the front and dead on in the rear. I adjusted right front foot about 1/8" and played a couple of games. It didn't get stuck but I'm still working and can't just play pins all day. **Sigh**. I'll let you know for sure after I play it some more this weekend. I really appreciate the help and advise!

#11 7 years ago

It is a level issue.
With the right level this machine should work fine on the bell exit.
Best pin ever!!

#12 7 years ago

It's Friday. No time for work, only Pinball. Lol. Hope that fixed it.

#13 7 years ago

Problem fixed, may have been a level issue but after digging in deeper I found the the. Bell "clacker" to have come unscrewed. Tightened it up and all is good! Thank you for your help!

Sean

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
16,500 (Firm)
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-bell-drain-issue?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.