Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Bob86ZZ4
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

This just started happening. At random moments, the machine will just end my ball, bring up the bonus, kill the flippers. I have no idea what's going on or what caused this. Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

The connectors at ball through usually cause these. Try reseating them. Also there are a couple threads on pinside about this issue. Had it happen on all my Stern games.

#3 8 years ago

Also use some lock tite on your bell ball. It will back off and hit the playfield. Owners club thread has a lot more tips .

#4 8 years ago

Thanks! I tried to find threads about this and just found one on an IJ. Rude to ask to be pointed in the right direction, thread-wise?
Thanks!

#5 8 years ago

Wish I could be more helpful. The threads are there but not sure how they are titled. This is a common problem on newer sterns .

#6 8 years ago

And what do you mean by "use some lock title on your bell ball. It will back off and hit the playfield."
what is a lock title?

#7 8 years ago

Lock tite . It is used to keep threads from backing off. The ball unthreads down and rubs against playfield.

#8 8 years ago

Search metallica detecting false ball drains for your issue. Hope this helps.

#9 8 years ago

I had the same problem. Fixed it with dielectric connector grease.

Here is a thread on the topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premiumle-ends-ball-mid-ball

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

I had the same problem. Fixed it with dielectric connector grease.
Here is a thread on the topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premiumle-ends-ball-mid-ball

Is this the same type grease for automotive lite bulbs to resist corrosion?

#11 8 years ago

This happens on Sterns, especially games with shakers. I've pulled and reseated the connectors with success.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Is this the same type grease for automotive lite bulbs to resist corrosion?

Yes it is. And that is why it works here. It prevents the tiniest amount of oxidation on the connector pins which eventually builds up and causes connection problems. You can fix the problem temporarily by "reseating" the connector. Reseating causes the pins to wear through the oxidation and then they make contact again for a few weeks until the oxidation comes back. The grease prevents the oxidation from forming so the problem never comes back. Mine has been working for almost a year with no further problems. before using the grease, every few weeks the problem would come back. I reseated those stupid connectors probably ten times over the months where the problem kept coming back. I also had a similar problem with the connectors for the opto on the lower playfield. Greasing them fixed that as well. as they say - just a dab will do ya! I used a toothpick to put just the tiniest amount on each connector pin and then worked the connector on and off a few times to distribut ethe grease. There is so little grease, you would not even notice it when the connector is off.

#13 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but assuming I lift playfield then look for all the connectors by the trough and pull them out/reseat? Any specifically?

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from scp:

Thanks guys. Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but assuming I lift playfield then look for all the connectors by the trough and pull them out/reseat? Any specifically?

There should be two connectors. One on the front of the opto board easily viewable and one on the backside. With the game powered down, take them out then firmly seat them back into place. Voila you can now have the game kick your ass and drain the proper way for you again

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There should be two connectors. One on the front of the opto board easily viewable and one on the backside. With the game powered down, take them out then firmly seat them back into place. Voila you can now have the game kick your ass and drain the proper way for you again

Don't just seat them back into place...PUSH them so the connector base on the trough board slides down the prongs a bit....you'll have a much better connection that won't get loose as easy. Problem solved.

#16 8 years ago

If you don't put the grease on the pins, you will be doing this again and again. It is not that hard to do, so its not a big deal until you are having the best game of your life and the ball drains for no reason.

5 months later
#17 8 years ago

Just a note on dielectric grease. I've found big huge tubes of it for great prices at truck repair shops. Truckers use this stuff all the time so their prices are way better than getting it at a car parts store.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-ball-randomly-ends and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.