(Topic ID: 16797)

ACDC premium ---- adding to existing order on monday.

By GAP

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wow.jpg
LTRB_009.JPG
100MEDIA_IMAG1368.jpg
2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg
2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg
2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I am going to be placing an order on Monday for more AC/DC Premiums. There is a 3 week window where Stern is going to be producing them and then its on to the next game. There is a schedule. X. So if anyone is interested in a AC/DC Premium send me an email. The game is shaping up to be incredible and the code is not even close to being finished. Lyman is pouring his soul into this game. We talked code updated today and he has some really cool stuff planned. Can't say what but its cool.

Also if you want pricing on the next game send me an email and I will put you on the list.

#2 11 years ago

I thought production runs on these were "unlimited"?

#3 11 years ago

They are but they are running for Premium 3 weeks then running the next game. Then they will probably run more after the next game. Premium is unlimited.

#4 11 years ago

anyone on the fence - you wont regret it. Awesome game as it is now.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

anyone on the fence - you wont regret it. Awesome game as it is now.

I am going to say, " It is the best game ever "

Jim

#6 11 years ago

email me your price on the machine please

p

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

They are but they are running for Premium 3 weeks then running the next game. Then they will probably run more after the next game. Premium is unlimited.

so we might still have a chance for a NIB premium down the road? the reason i ask is, i REALLY want one of these, but i just do not have the scratch right now.

unless you're willing to work a little layaway action.

#8 11 years ago

Best game in my collection too. Looks like LE and plays like one. Its not unlimited. Much like Tron and SM.

Glad to hear lyman is hard at work. What a cool job.

Tell him add Shoot to thrill and big balls in wiz mode.

#9 11 years ago

Yes, why did they leave off Big balls and Shoot to thrill??? Seems oh so odd!

p

#11 11 years ago

Jim it is incredible. Just got 67 mil on first wall, ended and 107 mil. Stating to figure out thhis game. 14 mil on just Whole lotta rosie. Damn this game ! just Awesome. I know this should really go in another thread.

later

#12 11 years ago

OMG, give us something! I bought one, but I have to be honest when I say I am a hell of a lot more excited thinking about what could be than what I see today. What do you know?

Quoted from GAP:

We talked code updated today and he has some really cool stuff planned.

#13 11 years ago

Lets just say 60% of the code is done so there is another 40% that is going to make the game more incredible than it is. Lyman is working on something that will be super cool. but I want him to surprise everyone.

This is not a ploy to get people to buy games. I know Lyman and he wants this to be his best game and I believe he will make it his best game.

In my book this game blows away Spiderman!!! I was never an AC/DC fan, just like their music on the radio!. Now I enjoy the music more and there are some songs like , Rosie and War Machine that have become favorites, as well as Hells Bells, Dirty deeds, Back in Black.

By far Ritchie's Best

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Lets just say 60% of the code is done so there is another 40% that is going to make the game more incredible than it is. Lyman is working on something that will be super cool. but I want him to surprise everyone.
This is not a ploy to get people to buy games. I know Lyman and he wants this to be his best game and I believe he will make it his best game.
In my book this game blows away spiderman!!! I was never an AC/DC fan, just like their music on the radio!. Now I enjoy the music more and there are some songs like , Rosie and War Machine that have become favorites, as well as Hells Bells, Dirty deeds, Back in Black.
By far Ritchie's Best

Did you just leak that Dirty Deeds is the wiz mode song??

#15 11 years ago

This thread needs more pics.

40% more code! Hell yeah. Bring it.

2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg2012-05-04_16.31.18.jpg 2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg2012-05-04_21.12.37.jpg 2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg2012-05-14_11.03.42.jpg

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Did you just leak that Dirty Deeds is the wiz mode song??

That's what I was hoping too.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

Wow! Pretty bold statement Jim. Maybe I'll try to get down to Saint George and give it a whirl. I have the next three days off.

#18 11 years ago

GAP, just tell me we won't be disappointed regarding the color changing inserts.

#19 11 years ago

Color changing inserts, that's no surprise. Something unexpected.

#20 11 years ago

Vol cranked up, 10 inch polk audio external sub wired into the 12inch sub factory sub. Pure mayhem!

100MEDIA_IMAG1368.jpg100MEDIA_IMAG1368.jpg LTRB_009.JPGLTRB_009.JPG

#21 11 years ago

Loving my LTBR it is a great pin. It is so awesome the flow and speed is crazy. The lower play field is very cool. The light show is the best I have seen. Glad I picked this pin up.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from playpin35:

I thought production runs on these were "unlimited"?

Premiums are NOT "unlimited". There will be a point when Stern stops making them (just like Iron Man, LOTR, SM, etc.). They will make a large run with maybe a re-run here and there, but it will stop and Stern will move on to the next big thing. They will not hold the AC/DC license indeffinately.
If you have the means, get one while you can.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

kapper said:anyone on the fence - you wont regret it. Awesome game as it is now.
Jim

I think its the best pin since 1998! Even better the Tron or Spiderman! It just has the Wow factor big time!

#24 11 years ago

I love surprises. Especially in pinball. Guesses? Early on there was talk of Live concert songs. Not sure there is enough memory for that.

The bell magnet needs some more code too.

Great job Sr and Ls. Im going to go play now.

#25 11 years ago

I hate surprises. At $5,000+ a shot, I'd rather know what I'm paying for before I pay for it

Quoted from Av8:

I love surprises.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hate surprises. At $5,000+ a shot, I'd rather know what I'm paying for before I pay for it

Your that guy thats always watching the world go by…..

#27 11 years ago

Not really considering I bought one.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Your that guy thats always watching the world go by…..

#28 11 years ago

: )

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I love surprises. Especially in pinball. Guesses? Early on there was talk of Live concert songs. Not sure there is enough memory for that.
The bell magnet needs some more code too.
Great job Sr and Ls. Im going to go play now.

There is 128 meg on board and only 65 is being used.

#30 11 years ago

Why would they double capacity for this game to 128 and then only use half of it?

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

There is 128 meg on board and only 65 is being used.

#31 11 years ago

Because there will be more to come . Good gets better!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Why would they double capacity for this game to 128 and then only use half of it?
AkumaZeto said:There is 128 meg on board and only 65 is being used.

If yah dont believe me go erase your flash it will tell you its 128. Most likely its because they could not get 32 meg simms anymore or they cost more than 64 meg simms.

The other side of the coin is they wanted to do live cuts as well that would take up the other 64 meg.

The actual code needed to run these games is less than 1 meg and the dots less than 4 That leaves 5 meg for each song at *12 songs. That is about right for 4400hz bit rate mp3.

I have noticed the live option is not in the menu anymore.

And also its not doubled it quad pumped the old sam boards where 32meg

But i when i talked to Martin at Pinball News he told me his board had 64 meg total. So i am gonna say they couldnt get 32's or 64's where the same cost or cheaper. Ram is like that it goes up and down sometimes oddball shit like 32 cost more than 128 etc.

#33 11 years ago

It just has the Wow factor big time!

wow.jpgwow.jpg

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

In my book this game blows away spiderman!!!

WOW,Don't get carried away now.

Looking at the ratings for the LE/ premium, it will be # 1 tomorrow on Pinside.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Looking at the ratings for the LE/ premium, it will be # 1 tomorrow on Pinside.

Wait until more and more get this game, they will all come to the same conclusion. This is a killer game and Ritchie out did himself!

Jim

#36 11 years ago

I was going to say, probably less than 10% of
People who have ordered have taken delivery.

#37 11 years ago

I'm not saying I don't believe you...

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

If yah dont believe me go erase your flash it will tell you its 128.

#38 11 years ago

I know that someone else said that ACDC had their other games look old -- I completely agree. My SM looks very dull next to it.

I'm blown away by how fun the game is. The shots to the bell is so satisfying. The train whistle is so freaking cool. The juke box is such a cool feature and a very creative way to track your shots. The only added feature which to me is a miss is the moving band in the upper right corner - not the best look and really a pretty blah feature -- anyways is only is active during multi-ball.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I know that someone else said that ACDC had their other games look old -- I completely agree. My SM looks very dull next to it.

Put led's (cointaker premiums) in your SM......it won't look anything like dull!
Doug

#40 11 years ago

AC/DC is better than Spider-Man. But Spidey is frickin' awesome in it's own right.

There is just more to love in AC/DC, the lighting, code, and the color changing inserts that are being coded now will be amazing. The lower PF is challenging and fun, a quick in your face duel, get in do your damage and get out. It breaks up the fast in your face main playfield play.

The magnet controlled bell will incorporate a type of swinging golf shot to hit at a certain point and will add to the gameplay.

It's Steve and Lyman's best effort to date and although there are not many new innovations or ball interactive toys, it's a fast and incredibly fun game. It will top Spider-Man when Lyman gets the code to his standards. He is a very critical programmer and will deliver !

#41 11 years ago

Man I wish there was one around here to play. I hope there is one in the KC area.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from dug:

kapper said:I know that someone else said that ACDC had their other games look old -- I completely agree. My SM looks very dull next to it.
Put led's (cointaker premiums) in your SM......it won't look anything like dull!
Doug

I do already. Go check one out.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

kapper said:anyone on the fence - you wont regret it. Awesome game as it is now.
Jim

Wow, Jim, coming from you, that is an incredible comment. I gotta say, I know new ones go up and down, but I have a feeling that in the long run this pin will reach the top five and stay there. It is truly what pinball is all about.

#44 11 years ago

I was on the fence waiting for the next title, But all this Hype has me really thinking. Does the game have a mode that it just plays the songs in order so if you have a long ball time you can hear different songs during the same game ?

Gap can you PM me a price for the Prem .

Thanks

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I was on the fence waiting for the next title, But all this Hype has me really thinking. Does the game have a mode that it just plays the songs in order so if you have a long ball time you can hear different songs during the same game ?
Gap can you PM me a price for the Prem .
Thanks

If you want to hear more songs during a game....play better.

#46 11 years ago

::cough:: multiball-featuring-the-lower-playfield-and-upper-at-the-same-time-with-the-cannon ::cough::

#47 11 years ago

Wow. Waiting for the hype to die down. Yeah, the rules are better than most recent Stern games, but the pf layout is same old thing, and not exciting or innovative at all. Played 2 Pros and an LE. Meh. Like the theme, but the layout was done just as good (if not better) on T2 (which isn't quite as good a layout as T3 imo). Best game ever? Not a chance. Heck, SR's SM and WPT are still better, and finishing the code won't change that. Buyer's justification is loud and clear on this one, for now. Enjoy the game if you have it, but don't sucker other people with unwarranted "best game ever!!!!" comments, please.

#48 11 years ago

I assume the Pro model will benefit from these new rules he is working on as well?

#49 11 years ago

Hype is hype, but there isn't a pinball in existence that can't have it's layout compared to something else, so saying it's layed out like T2 is meaningless. Also, saying that finishing the code won't change the game play is pretty wrong IMO.

Look at LOTR. It's a typical fan layout, what sets it apart are the rules. I don't know if it's the best game ever, but it's not done yet, so how would I know? MM doesn't exactly have a unique layout and it's very similar to tons of other games.

Quoted from StevenP:

Wow. Waiting for the hype to die down. Yeah, the rules are better than most recent Stern games, but the pf layout is same old thing, and not exciting or innovative at all. Played 2 Pros and an LE. Meh. Like the theme, but the layout was done just as good (if not better) on T2 (which isn't quite as good a layout as T3 imo). Best game ever? Not a chance. Heck, SR's SM and WPT are still better, and finishing the code won't change that. Buyer's justification is loud and clear on this one, for now. Enjoy the game if you have it, but don't sucker other people with unwarranted "best game ever!!!!" comments, please.

#50 11 years ago

At least some, I don't think Encore is present in any of the versions yet. My guess though, and only a guess, the pro is just about complete. We have several major features missing from the premiums right now (color changing inserts, the magnet to move the bell, along with multiballs that utilize the upper and lower play field at the same time etc...)

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I assume the Pro model will benefit from these new rules he is working on as well?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-adding-to-existing-order-on-monday?tu= and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.