ACDC Premium 1st run or ACDC Vault? Which is better and why?

(Topic ID: 227999)

ACDC Premium 1st run or ACDC Vault? Which is better and why?

By Barakawins1

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by pcprogrammer
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 months ago

Hoping to pick up an ACDC. Which run is better and why?

#2 4 months ago

Acdc pro vault. Because it doesn’t have an ugly face, it’s LED, it has a swinging bell, a cool speaker panel decal, ramp protectors, and it’s more fun than a premium

#3 4 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Acdc pro vault. Because it doesn’t have an ugly face, it’s LED, it has a swinging bell, a cool speaker panel decal, ramp protectors, and it’s more fun than a premium

Pros and cons.

Original run pros: better build quality across the board, including better cabinet wood. ColorDMD install is a snap. Has the full band, including the drummer. Enormous cabinet speaker.
Original run cons: non-removable window on the Prem/LEs and some were a bit cloudy from the factory.

Vault run pros: removable lower PF window, cool speaker panel
Vault run cons: drummer missing. Much crappier build quality across the board, including softer cabinet wood. Angled speaker panel makes ColorDMD more challenging to install, requiring additional parts.

#4 4 months ago

LOOCHI ORIGINAL MODDED TO THE HILT, MINT! THE BEST VERSION!

#5 4 months ago

the drummer's images have been removed from the vault edition.

#6 4 months ago

Pros - graphic on the speaker panel, removable lower window, lower window is clear, angled speaker panel

Cons - smaller sub

overall a much better package (I've owned both)

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Pros - graphic on the speaker panel, removable lower window, lower window is clear, angled speaker panel
Cons - smaller sub

Vault is a better package (I've owned both)

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Quoted from PtownPin:

Cons - smaller sub

Vault is a better package (I've owned both)

Glad I'm not the only one that quotes myself.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Glad I'm not the only one that quotes myself.

I had zero issues installing the dmd on the angled panel I couldn't stand the cloudy window in the originals

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I couldn't stand the cloudy window in the originals

Only some of the really early ones were cloudy. I had a premium, and the lower window was crystal clear.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Only some of the really early ones were cloudy. I had a premium, and the lower window was crystal clear.

I've seen at least a dozen in the wild and in private collections, and everyone of them was cloudy compered to the vault....I guess all those were early builds?

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've seen at least a dozen in the wild and in private collections, and everyone of them was cloudy compered to the vault....I guess all those were early builds?

I don't think I've ever actually played a vault, so it's very possible that even the clear lower playfield windows on the original games may indeed look cloudy next to the newer removable ones. If you've compared both, I'll take your word for it.

#13 4 months ago

I was pretty worried when I unboxed my prem, but my widow is clear. I'd get an original for the full plastic band, better playfield?, Better build quality... Oh yeah, and mod the shit out of it

#14 4 months ago

At the end of the day their essentially the exact same game....I didn't really notice any quality differences....

#15 4 months ago

Original Luci !

#16 4 months ago

Vault ? Metal cabinet?

#17 4 months ago

I have a vault with color dmd and had an original. I don’t notice any difference really except the lower playfield window. Color dmd install on the vault was simple to install, just required 4 hex standoffs, which colordmd supplies. I’d buy the one where you can get the best deal.

#18 4 months ago

I have owned almost all versions, i.e. Original Luci, Original Premium, Original Pro and Now a VE Luci. I loved them all and the new vaults are great for the price. I was worried about the lower insert so I ordered 3 that should protect me from here to eternity. I say get a Luci Original or Vault. I have a new Luci translite I can sell you if you find a regular version and want the Luci look.

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have owned almost all versions, i.e. Original Luci, Original Premium, Original Pro and Now a VE Luci. I loved them all and the new vaults are great for the price. I was worried about the lower insert so I ordered 3 that should protect me from here to eternity. I say get a Luci Original or Vault. I have a new Luci translite I can sell you if you find a regular version and want the Luci look.

3 inserts? How much were they?

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a vault with color dmd and had an original. I don’t notice any difference really except the lower playfield window. Color dmd install on the vault was simple to install, just required 4 hex standoffs, which colordmd supplies. I’d buy the one where you can get the best deal.

Good advice

#21 4 months ago

Wow there are 22 AC/DC Premiums for sale today. Market is flooded. Anyone motivated for a $5500 sale? PM Me.

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Wow there are 22 AC/DC Premiums for sale today. Market is flooded. Anyone motivated for a $5500 sale? PM Me.

Looks like a lot of them are just distributors listing them. In my opinion, it's not worth bothering with sellers that knock of $300 to re-sell their HUO game. Just buy a new Vault, less hassle, and you get it brand new with a warranty shipped to your door and you won't have to drive to a sellers house and waste the time and gas.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 11.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sedro-woolley, WA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
7,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside