7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

810200831016PM_BunnyPancake.jpg

#1 7 years ago

(EDIT: Original post questioned if the following was a software bug or feature

My ACDC PREM never used to do this, but now it does (after installing PREM/LE V1.6):

During gameplay, the Cannon button inexplicably becomes lit (IE., while the ball is up above the pops in the lanes)...you then press the lit Cannon button, and you're awarded a jackpot of 250,000...anyone else see this yet?

#2 7 years ago

Yes mine does but only after playing a mini game I think it's an award

#3 7 years ago

Well it may be the smart bomb refered to in order to swing the bell. What song were you playing? Hells Bells?

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Yes mine does but only after playing a mini game I think it's an award

Hmm...mine seemed to happen right away (and it was on Back in Black on Ball 1 IIRC); no mini PF action obviously on that song); better go play some more games and get more data.

Thanks.

#5 7 years ago

I believe it is the "VIP pass" is it not? I don't really understand how it works exactly but seems to light back up all the colored arrows for the given song.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I believe it is the "VIP pass" is it not? I don't really understand how it works exactly but seems to light back up all the colored arrows for the given song.

Hmm...could be...just seems a little unusual to have to take your hand off the flips during live action to hit the Cannon button to grap a Cannon jackpot (when no ball is in the Cannon).

???

#7 7 years ago

Not a bug , jsut a new feature that is pretty cool !

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Not a bug , jsut a new feature that is pretty cool !

Whew; Gotchya.

And in that case: rock on!

#9 7 years ago

Yes, it's a VIP reward. You can get them from the skill shot and other ways. It's cool in that it gives you a shot in your active mode. Lots of ways to exploit depending on mode. For instance, in Rock n Roll train, trap the ball on the right flip, hit the VIP/ fire button (which awards you the left ramp), then backhand the right ramp for combo to light the jackpots. Can also use it to exploit the bell multiplier if running Hells Bells!

Really cool feature.

#10 7 years ago

Ahhh, so that's what the VIP award is. I always liked the smart bomb-like features and choice on when to use it on games like MB.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

You can get them from the skill shot and other ways.

Ah yes, I had just gotten a skill shot up in the lanes.

Cool.

#12 7 years ago

Yea, the ViP pass is one of the coolest things in the new release. In many cases it opens all the shots for the song.

#13 7 years ago

You should fix the title of this thread now since it's *not* a 1.6 software bug.

#14 7 years ago

VIP! This adds another level of depth I didn't think possible. Like a backstage pass. Another reason I love that lockbar button. Well played Stern. This update will sell another 500 acdc s.

Bowen we need another video.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

VIP! This adds another level of depth I didn't think possible. Like a backstage pass. Another reason I love that lockbar button. Well played Stern. This update will sell another 500 acdc s.
    Bowen we need another video.

I just asked my brother tonight as to how long it would take for Bowen to put out another video to show us all how to play our new machine again. lol.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

You should fix the title of this thread now since it's *not* a 1.6 software bug.

Changed; thanks (good suggestion).

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

This update will sell another 500 acdc s.

I'm about to bite. I bit on BDK when Lyman's big update hit on that game, too.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I just asked my brother tonight as to how long it would take for Bowen to put out another video to show us all how to play our new machine again. lol.

Someone needs to start a "Send Bowen to PAPA to make more tutorial vids" on Kickstarter

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm about to bite. I bit on BDK when Lyman's big update hit on that game, too.

Will be interesting to see your opinion on it. The mb now has a Dracula like aspect to it.

#20 7 years ago

Didn't someone trade one for an ironman lol

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Will be interesting to see your opinion on it. The mb now has a Dracula like aspect to it.

Well, the 10 or so games I played on the BIB LE were fun...but since I knew I'd end up with a Premium, I felt no reason to buy one until the code was updated. I'll probably play the updated code at my friend's house before I make a final decision....but I'm sure I'll just say "F IT" and get it LOL.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, the 10 or so games I played on the BIB LE were fun...but since I knew I'd end up with a Premium, I felt no reason to buy one until the code was updated. I'll probably play the updated code at my friend's house before I make a final decision....but I'm sure I'll just say "F IT" and get it LOL.

Yea, but you really hate the fan layouts right?

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar1:

Didn't someone trade one for an ironman lol

Yes, Hassel did, but nothing really changed in the code that addresses his concerns.

#24 7 years ago

That's an important fact. If a friend loved Lotr and Tspp I would caution them on buying this. You have to know what type of game play you like if you are in one camp over the other. As I always say , not good bad... Just different.

#25 7 years ago

What? You want another AC/DC video -already-? I don't even live in Pittsburgh you fool

Eventually. The 1.6 update is pretty awesome, congratulations to all involved and I hope all players get to enjoy that a great game has been made even better.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

What? You want another AC/DC video -already-? I don't even live in Pittsburgh you fool
    Eventually. The 1.6 update is pretty awesome, congratulations to all involved and I hope all players get to enjoy that a great game has been made even better.

THE MAN just said it...."great game,made even better"

#27 7 years ago

Eventually... as in, already taken care of? Thanks for the new vid tutorial, Bowen.
    http://vimeo.com/49457833

Nice info about and example of the triple super jackpot during the multiball stack. But that still pales in comparison to the Song Jackpot bonus to cash in during Album & Tour MB's.

Good example of using the VIP award for resurrecting a multiball via add-a-ball.

#28 7 years ago

Very cool video. Replayed the death save a few times! What I don't get is how he can calmly talk while he plays! Funny when he said '...tours in order of discology er whatever the thing'. I can see the VIP button coming in handy. Installing tomorrow. Thanks Bowen, you are a gun.

1 month later
    #29 6 years ago

#30 6 years ago

this deserves the bunny:

810200831016PM_BunnyPancake.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 64.00
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 156.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 58.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside