(Topic ID: 72115)

ACDC Prem mini flipper sticking? Solved- magnetized coil stop.

By PEN

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So, my right side lower playfield flipper is holding longer then it should. It works fine mechanically and the flipper switch gaps seem to be fine (just like the other side) Manually moving the flipper mech with my hand, it seems to be free and return on its own with the spring. It does not appear to have the problem on a quick flip, only after holding the flipper.

Thanks.

disclaimer- I'v owned tons of games and normally have no problem fixing this type of issue.

#3 10 years ago

Thanks LTG. Will try shortly. Good call on turning the game off during the stuck hold.

#4 10 years ago

Ok....So the flipper held without falling in the test menu. Then stayed up after turning the game off. I reached inside and a light touch brought it back to rest. I will have to inspect the mech further. The game only has a few hundred plays on it. I would be surprised to have much deformation of the coil stop or plunger. We shall see.

#6 10 years ago

Yep, Replaced the coil stop. All is well now. There is definitely a bit of magnetizam on the coil stop. I have never had this problem on another game, that I am aware of. I assume this will happen again. Any thoughts?

Thanks

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I had the same problem (http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lpf-flipper-stucked)
A piece of electrical tape on the coil stop solved it.

Thanks oga83. I had a spare coil stop on hand for my magnetizam issue. Here is a link on directions to demagnetize a magnet.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5071154_demagnetize-magnet.html

Keep up your good work with the pinball browser. Thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PEN.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-prem-mini-flipper-sticking?tu=PEN and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.